~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Dailies for Cata are as follows:

7 Therazane in Deepholm
5 Dragonmaw or Wildhammer in Twilight Highlands
6 at the Tol Barad base camp where you portal in
3 at the base in the Tol Barad zone that are static, and 3 that change everytime you win basically a potential 9 dailies from these changing 3. 12 total possible if you control the zone.
1 Ramkahen and 1 non rep related one in Uldum
Cooking and Fishing dailies

Pretty sure that's all of them.
I knew there was something strange! I kept going back to Tol Barad to finish up the dailies that I forgot, then the next thing I notice is that there are more quests there.. I was confused to no limit at first. I first thought that the dailies repeated themselves whenever you capture/keep Tol Barad.. But then noticed it was only 3 daily quests a time.
Old 2010-12-23, 23:11   Link #6782
GDB

To be specific, there's: human, ghost, and demon. One for each of the prisons.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 02:07   Link #6783
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
To be specific, there's: human, ghost, and demon. One for each of the prisons.
Interesting I wasn't aware of their being a total of 9 dailies there, though I am in the crowd now that considers Tol Barad bullshit as a battle ground by design as I decide to try in it three times today and I lost count of how many times we'd have 2 bases and starting to capture the third, when 20+ horde would curb stomp one of the other two bases which had less people ussually 7~12 at a defending base, leaving to ask how the hell is it suppose to be viable, or even doable to win it if they all just gang up and focus on one base when we have to worry about all three? Seriously hope blizzard changes the BG it as I didn't get those dailies at all yet again today...
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 04:12   Link #6784
Xacual

Down to just two more items left until I have absolutely all the gear from heroics possible. Damn stamina trinket from stonecore won't drop for me though.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 07:56   Link #6785
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Down to just two more items left until I have absolutely all the gear from heroics possible. Damn stamina trinket from stonecore won't drop for me though.
Stamina is not really the "king" stat for tanks in Cataclysm at the moment. Depending on your tank class, it would be better to go for avoidance, mastery and/or hit/expertise at this point.

They have shifted the fight mechanics. It's no longer a 2-hit kill scenario. Getting more avoidance will also ease your healer's grief and conserve his/her mana.

Cheers.
Old 2010-12-24, 11:31   Link #6786
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Mmm had some good smooth heroic runs tonight, made for a nice relaxing night.

Had DPS that could actually do some burst damage on Ripsnarl. Vanessa was a great fight, poor girl. She is a good villain, I actually felt more for her then I did Arthas I think. (she's out for vengeance because she saw her father murdered in front oh her by the players when she was 6 years old).

Kinda keen to start on raids, but my guild won't start until new year since a lot of our players are off on holidays, etc.

Yeah on my tank I've been kinda keen on avoidance stuff, I bagged two stam trinkets for two heroic avoidance ones to try something different. sitting around 24% dodge/parry, 75% blood shield, hit capped, and just a touch under expertise soft cap with 140K+ hp. Not totally awesome but decent. Will be better when my gems turn up in the mail tomorrow and I can socket them!
Old 2010-12-24, 12:27   Link #6787
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I have been playing WOW for 5 years, tanked every single boss fight in the game except for the frost wing section in naxx 40, Muru and kil'jaeden, but I have never had such a tanking challenge as with Orzuk in heroic stonecore.

This is without a doubt the hardest fight for a tank. You have to have 0 margin of error with that guy, not counting that you must have a stable connection. Getting one shot in that fight is way too easy, if you delay even for half a second to start running after paralyze, you are a dead.

By the way, I am not complaining, I welcome the challenge, I think it makes the game more fun and engaging.
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 12:45   Link #6788
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
I have been playing WOW for 5 years, tanked every single boss fight in the game except for the frost wing section in naxx 40, Muru and kil'jaeden, but I have never had such a tanking challenge as with Orzuk in heroic stonecore.

This is without a doubt the hardest fight for a tank. You have to have 0 margin of error with that guy, not counting that you must have a stable connection. Getting one shot in that fight is way too easy, if you delay even for half a second to start running after paralyze, you are a dead.

By the way, I am not complaining, I welcome the challenge, I think it makes the game more fun and engaging.
Our Guild Leader was having trouble tanking him as well but it was mostly due to lack of not knowing the fight all to well, but sometimes it was when he does his Ground Spike, it accidentally hits the tank.
Old 2010-12-24, 18:14   Link #6789
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Stamina is not really the "king" stat for tanks in Cataclysm at the moment. Depending on your tank class, it would be better to go for avoidance, mastery and/or hit/expertise at this point.

They have shifted the fight mechanics. It's no longer a 2-hit kill scenario. Getting more avoidance will also ease your healer's grief and conserve his/her mana.

Cheers.
No I know that, but I still want it for fights where magic damage is bigger than physical damage. Also I don't really like the trinket I have already that I want to replace it with.

For Ozruk heroic at least, they need to make the reflect shield not dispellable. I have to take shield slam off my bar for him because I kept accidentally dispelling it.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2010-12-24, 20:10   Link #6790
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
No I know that, but I still want it for fights where magic damage is bigger than physical damage. Also I don't really like the trinket I have already that I want to replace it with.

For Ozruk heroic at least, they need to make the reflect shield not dispellable. I have to take shield slam off my bar for him because I kept accidentally dispelling it.
Wait a minute... That shield of his is dispellable? I never found that out, mainly because our tank is always a paladin (so he never uses any spells like that) and our dps din't know that.
Old 2010-12-24, 20:17   Link #6791
Clarste
Human

Well, you can't dispel it with magic because it reflects. So it's really just Shield Slam, unless I'm forgetting something.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 21:33   Link #6792
Xacual

It's actually spell stealable too. The last time we did it on heroic we had problems and I asked the pug mage if they were spell stealing and they said that of course they were they didn't want to get their spells reflected...

Needless to say we told them to stop it since it was getting the healer and other ranged paralyzed.

Old 2010-12-25, 03:17   Link #6793
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Orzuk is actually quite simple of a fight - as noted, the shield "is" Spellstealable/dispellable, but you shouldn't do so the second it goes up - first, everyone in the party should cast a DoT of sorts and have it reflected upon themselves, "then" you remove his shield and keep blasting away. Why the DoT on yourselves? Because taking damage breaks his paralysis immediately, and as result you will barely even notice it. Just use a dot the second the shield goes up, purge the shield 2 seconds later (to account for slow players), and keep nuking as usual - voila, paralysis protection and no need to stop nuking.
Old 2010-12-25, 04:25   Link #6794
Clarste
Human

That's not the hard part though. The hard part is tank positioning, and has nothing to do with the paralysis at all.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 04:45   Link #6795
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Can't say i have pugged the place, so wouldn't know about what the situation looks like in pugs, but neither of my guildie tanks have ever expressed frustration over the boss, nor have they had significant issues tanking it. There are a good number of bosses that seem notably more demanding in tanking mechanics than this one. Running out of big bad AOE range isn't particularly new
Old 2010-12-25, 07:21   Link #6796
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

3rd boss in SFK is a bit of a whoreface tanking wise. When you move out of the descration he moves behind you sometimes (right about when he does that flame breath -_-) which is quite irritating. Although most people seem to be keen on skipping him anyway.
Old 2010-12-25, 13:11   Link #6797
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
first, everyone in the party should cast a DoT of sorts and have it reflected upon themselves, "then" you remove his shield and keep blasting away. Why the DoT on yourselves? Because taking damage breaks his paralysis immediately
What do you do for Healers that may not have a dot, then? Example: Holy Paladins (though we have Blessing of Sacrifice, it'd probably get close to killing us with how much damage the tank has incoming). I'm not sure if Priests have one or not either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
3rd boss in SFK is a bit of a whoreface tanking wise. When you move out of the descration he moves behind you sometimes (right about when he does that flame breath -_-) which is quite irritating. Although most people seem to be keen on skipping him anyway.
It'd be kind of interesting to get a list of skippable bosses. For example, looking at BRC, it looks like most of the bosses can be skipped, but can they? I know Beauty can be, but I doubt the first one can. Corla and the Smith I don't know. It'd be an interesting list to have, in order to see the easiest way to farm Chaos Orbs.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 13:21   Link #6798
Xacual

Quote:
What do you do for Healers that may not have a dot, then? Example: Holy Paladins (though we have Blessing of Sacrifice, it'd probably get close to killing us with how much damage the tank has incoming). I'm not sure if Priests have one or not either.

It'd be kind of interesting to get a list of skippable bosses. For example, looking at BRC, it looks like most of the bosses can be skipped, but can they? I know Beauty can be, but I doubt the first one can. Corla and the Smith I don't know. It'd be an interesting list to have, in order to see the easiest way to farm Chaos Orbs.
Put sacrifice on one of the people that just put a dot up, you don't have to put it on the tank, any damage being taken will work. Shamans have flameshock, druids have moonfire, priests have shadow word: pain.

Also I believe you can skip the smith guy, at least I remember reading it was possible. I hate him for positioning too, sometimes I try to dip him in the lava and he will all of sudden develop an extra large hit range and stand right on the edge hitting me, while other times he'll come straight close to me to melee. It's damn annoying.

Old 2010-12-25, 15:00   Link #6799
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Can't say i have pugged the place, so wouldn't know about what the situation looks like in pugs, but neither of my guildie tanks have ever expressed frustration over the boss, nor have they had significant issues tanking it. There are a good number of bosses that seem notably more demanding in tanking mechanics than this one. Running out of big bad AOE range isn't particularly new
Yes, the mechanic is old, mimiroth in ulduar had the same technique. In this case however, shatter has a HUGE range and it kills your instantly. If you wait until you him casting it you are dead. If you dont run in a straight line from him you are dead. IF you run through his body you are dead. If your latency is sucks, you are dead. The trick is, you must run as soon as he casts paralysis otherwise you are dead. Moreover, he will cast ground slam as soon as he casts shatter which means that you have to make sure he is positioned correctly, you have to do this in a split second.
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 18:34   Link #6800
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Deadmines: None, they are all straight-forward
Halls of Origination: I believe you only need to do the Light room to get the elevator working, you can also skip those 3 bosses at the top, and just go to the last boss.
Throne of Tides: The 2nd boss can be skipped (just take the portal down) isnt the 3rd boss optional?
Shadowfang Keep: 3rd boss only
Stonecore: None
Vortex Pinnacle: None
Grim Batol: 1st and 3rd boss
Lost City of Tol'vir: 1st and 2nd boss (this is still debatable)
Blackrock Caverns: 2nd, 3rd, and Beauty can be skipped

Last edited by Hooves; 2010-12-25 at 20:32.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows