AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2015-02-16, 16:35   Link #6801
Saravis4

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i completely lost any respect for the espada when barragan couldn't even kill omaeda.
Omaeda *shudder*
How intimidating can your army be, when you have the Japanese equivalent of 'Fat Bastard' not only in a high ranking position, but in the "ninja" division.
Old 2015-02-16, 17:11   Link #6802
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
there really wasn't any reason aizen couldn't just have kidnapped inoue, hidden until he put the hyogoku in himself and then taken everyone out that he needed to.
Except it doesn't work like that. Aizen needed to feel fear in order to evolve further. He couldn't have gotten anywhere just laying around.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-16, 17:33   Link #6803
Alchemist007
*Author

Save us...Aizen!
Old 2015-02-16, 20:18   Link #6804
Slayerx

Quote:
i completely lost any respect for the espada when barragan couldn't even kill omaeda. then when aizen actually started fighting and showed that he was stronger than 4 captains at a time, it really proved how useless those years of buildup were. there really wasn't any reason aizen couldn't just have kidnapped inoue, hidden until he put the hyogoku in himself and then taken everyone out that he needed to.
He didn't even need Orihime. The only reason he took he was to trap half of SS in HM and thus make the battle outside easier... but with the level of power he showed, its pretty damn unconvincing that any of those that got stuck in HM would have made a difference. So kidnapping Orihime was also pointless.

Honestly that whole WAR would have felt so much better if Aizen's assets actually felt useful. Like we get the Idea that Aizen is the strongest of them all, but at the same time leave with the understanding that Aizen would have been hopelessly crushed if he actually tried to fight everyone on his own. Like if after everything was done, all the captains were done except for Urahara, Isshin and Yorichi, and Aizen actually struggled just to beat those three, we'd get the idea that he would have been in serious trouble if the espada did not eliminate everyone else.

Quote:
and as history seems to always repeat itself, I'm not really seeing why ywach thought it was necessary to have all these lackeys. he could have just did all this on his own. his true power makes the head of the RG look like nothing.
one could simply ask why he charged into this war with SS, when he could have waited an extra day for his true powers to unlock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Except it doesn't work like that. Aizen needed to feel fear in order to evolve further. He couldn't have gotten anywhere just laying around.
No he doesn't. Aizen NEVER felt any fear during those fights with the captains. he was always cool, calm and in control. The hyogoku grants the users inner most wishes; if Aizen's inner most wish is to be more powerful it will grant him that wish.
Old 2015-02-16, 23:02   Link #6805
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
i get that he needed to evolve. the last part of my post said that he would take out anyone he needed to. i didn't think i needed to go into detail about him evolving during that time since that's exactly what happened in the story regardless of the espada existing or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
He didn't even need Orihime. The only reason he took he was to trap half of SS in HM and thus make the battle outside easier...
i thought he needed her to re-awaken or just fully awaken the hyougoku with her god-like powers? he says that he's done with her at some point. it was very ambiguous and i never really made much sense of what she did for him, but i'm pretty sure it was something.

Quote:
No he doesn't. Aizen NEVER felt any fear during those fights with the captains. he was always cool, calm and in control. The hyogoku grants the users inner most wishes; if Aizen's inner most wish is to be more powerful it will grant him that wish.
i think he thanked gin for turning on him because that 'fear' was what he needed in order to trigger that stage of evolution. aizen is essentially a walking contradiction so it's hard to describe what he did in the story since it usually doesn't make total sense, is based on lies, is just as planned, or is an illusion (which are all basically the same thing)
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 02:15   Link #6806
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Aizen: "Bring her out."
Menoly: "Yes sir."
Loly: "Get out there, you cow!"
*Orihime is dragged/kicked into Aizen's presence*
Orihime: "...Um...hello...?"
Aizen: "Hello, Miss Inoue. Do you know who I am?"
Orihime: "Um...I've never met you, but you must be that rogue Captain, Captain Aizen. The one who set up Rukia-chan to be k-killed, and who attacked Shirou-kun."
Aizen: "Very good. You needn't be so nervous. You have nothing to fear from me. You will not be harmed, I assure you."
Orihime: "...But...these clothes..."
Aizen: "A simple necessity. Clothing from the Human World is just not fitting for Hueco Mundo, so I had them prepare something for you in the Arrancar style. I'm sure you understand."
Orihime: "I guess, but...why am I here?"
Aizen: "Oh, I have a very important job for you to do, one that you are particularly suited for."
Orihime: "You-you need to use my powers?"
Aizen: "Powers? You mean the hairpin things? Oh, God, no. Those are completely useless to me. I just want you to stand there and do jumping jacks."
Orihime: "Come again?!"
Aizen: "Now, now, Miss Inoue, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Start with the jumping jacks and we'll see where that leads..."

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2015-02-17 at 02:31.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 11:56   Link #6807
Slayerx

Quote:
i thought he needed her to re-awaken or just fully awaken the hyougoku with her god-like powers? he says that he's done with her at some point. it was very ambiguous and i never really made much sense of what she did for him, but i'm pretty sure it was something.
No, that's only what he SAID he needed her for... he never did use her for that purpose. the REAL reason he kidnapped her was because he knew that Ichigo would go to HM after her, and that would lead to SS sending some captains to go after ichigo; he could then trap them in HM and effectively cut SS's fighting power in half... Though as Aizen demostrated, he's so powerful, that such a plan was probably not needed and just another waste of time like the Espada.
Old 2015-02-17, 12:43   Link #6808
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
No, that's only what he SAID he needed her for... he never did use her for that purpose. the REAL reason he kidnapped her was because he knew that Ichigo would go to HM after her, and that would lead to SS sending some captains to go after ichigo; he could then trap them in HM and effectively cut SS's fighting power in half... Though as Aizen demostrated, he's so powerful, that such a plan was probably not needed and just another waste of time like the Espada.
haha really? seeing as how he was head and shoulders above kyoraku, soi fon, shinji and toshiro all at once, defeating byakuya, mayuri, unohana and zaraki would have been the same thing. they all had seen his shikai already and/or weren't even close to his power level.

there's also no reason for kubo to drop the storyline of inoue being necessary. the only thing that does is make her more useless of a character. aizen could have kidnapped yuzu with the same result.
Old 2015-02-17, 22:55   Link #6809
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
haha really? seeing as how he was head and shoulders above kyoraku, soi fon, shinji and toshiro all at once, defeating byakuya, mayuri, unohana and zaraki would have been the same thing. they all had seen his shikai already and/or weren't even close to his power level.

there's also no reason for kubo to drop the storyline of inoue being necessary. the only thing that does is make her more useless of a character. aizen could have kidnapped yuzu with the same result.
One doesn't want to fight Mayuri when he has time to prepare for you. No matter what.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 23:44   Link #6810
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
One doesn't want to fight Mayuri when he has time to prepare for you. No matter what.
Aizen: "Oh did you just administer the drug that slows time to me? or was it the drug that makes history repeat itself? or was it... the drug... that turns me... INTO YOU!?

It was all so simple. Now you think you just administered those drugs on yourself, don't you? ...But in reality... I'm both of us!"
Old 2015-02-17, 23:55   Link #6811
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I don't think Kubo's going to follow thru on what Orihime can actually do at this point.......

At least she wasn't stupid enough to go after Ywach.
Old 2015-02-18, 04:21   Link #6812
Slayerx

Quote:
Remember how Orihime said she was do something useful like wiping the hogyoku from existence? Good times
Old 2015-02-19, 04:08   Link #6813
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Shonen manga have no time for strong female characters *cough* Sakura,orihime *cough*
Old 2015-02-19, 06:02   Link #6814
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

This chapter sure was worth to read . Ukitate and also ...... Aizen-sama .
Old 2015-02-19, 06:09   Link #6815
foxbox360
New Age Badass

AIZEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, that all I'm going to said about this chapter.
Old 2015-02-19, 06:25   Link #6816
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
Shonen manga have no time for strong female characters *cough* Sakura,orihime *cough*
Don't know, I can name a few shonens with strong females, like JoJo or Soul Eater.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 06:30   Link #6817
ImperialFlameGod8190

Yea this chapter was almost as disappointing as last week. Last week it was a whole chapter explaining that we're all screwed this chapter reversed that which is heavily disappointing.

@Anton Maka is the lead of Soul eater yes but i'd argue hat she's actually pretty weak by herself and its Soul whose been the key to that partnership.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 06:31   Link #6818
Knjaz

A worthy chapter in quite some time... at least much better than previous one.

and yeah, Aizen. nuff said.
Knjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 07:43   Link #6819
The Small One

This chapter felt totally random.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 08:00   Link #6820
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

How the chapter registered to me: yadayadayada tuberculosis retcon/final getsuga tenshou tier asspull something something something something AIZEN SOUSUKE.

Now I know what the previous chapter's endnote wanted to say: Suddenly, Ukitake...... asspulled.

Tags
bleach, chapter