Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-08, 11:02   Link #6801
El_Negro
Smurfee

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Something tells me they going to handycap suzaku for his fight with kallen with having him deal with grunts then xingke/todou/anya/gino then deal with Kallen.

Suzaku death = Lulu death at this point.

Kallen fate comes down to one thing if she fights suzaku after they take out that floating tower I can see her winning. If not she's going to get shot down especially since she got to beat down on suzaku 3 times already for the season

I predict an Albion sacrifice to take out the floating tower in the end
the only satisfactory death for suzaku in my book is either lulu killing him or selfsacrifice to save lives
They can't handicap Suzaku Jesus Kuruugi
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 11:06   Link #6802
Vakir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
BTW - I don't claim to know what Schneizel's grand plan is, anymore than I know Lelouch's. But it's seriously stretching things to call the nuking of Pendragon a "last resort".
Schneizel wants to create a world of pure fear and deterrence via the FLEIJA missles to ascend himself to god-like status. It's clear as day, barring the awaited days as the ever-loving Ike closes in on my location. (I wish)

Nuking Pendragon is not a last resort, it's called "Operation: Get A Load Of ME, Lelouch. Mine's Way Bigger Than Yours." GALOMLMWBTY was too long of an acronym, so it has been decided to be renamed the ROFL Project. Schneizel was unavailable for comment when I reached Cambodia, but Cornelia was more than willing to...discuss matters with me.

But seriously, it's not hard to figure out what Schneizel's after.
Spoiler for SCHNEIZERUUU:
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 11:11   Link #6803
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post

Spoiler for animage:
Old 2008-09-08, 11:12   Link #6804
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Schneizel wants to create a world of pure fear and deterrence via the FLEIJA missles to ascend himself to god-like status. It's clear as day, barring the awaited days as the ever-loving Ike closes in on my location. (I wish)
Oh? And you have proof of this?

Quote:
Really now? Link please.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 11:14   Link #6805
Vakir

Start here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3117

Yeah, I believed in Schneizel too, but I guess moral ambiguity and a gauntlet of Rape the Dog moments from every character (and with Nunnally being an asshole, I mean EVERY character) is what Geass is all about.
Old 2008-09-08, 11:16   Link #6806
Orga777

Quote:
Erm.... I can't read Japanese...<.<'

Quote:
Yeah, I believed in Schneizel too, but I guess moral ambiguity and a gauntlet of Rape the Dog moments from every character (and with Nunnally being an asshole, I mean EVERY character) is what Geass is all about.
Well, yeah everyone is an ass in CG. I never said Schneizel was a paragon of justice. But he CAN be the "lesser of two evils" at this point.
Old 2008-09-08, 11:18   Link #6807
Vakir

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3151 Here ya go.
Old 2008-09-08, 11:23   Link #6808
Orga777

Quote:
Hrm.... Well shit man... I just ran out of people to route for.

But... He sounds a little pissed off for some reason though. It seems rather out of character for Schneizel to get so flustered.... So there may yet be more to it than just that... Maybe he thinks there is no other alternative? I guess we wait...
Old 2008-09-08, 11:25   Link #6809
Vakir

He just has a wonderful poker face, if you ask me. Hell, I still want him to win. He's so much of a better villain than Mao or Charles was, and I know I'm in the minority of saying that. He's always one step ahead, the only real "chessmaster" antagonist to match the Byronic hero.
Old 2008-09-08, 12:32   Link #6810
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Because he needed to get his point across. It was still a last resort move though. Nunnally or not. His hand was still forced (which is why he said they had to rush Damocles.) Lelouch had total control over everything. Schneizel needed to send a message to him.

Actually, in Ep. 20 of S1 when his Geass flashed, it didn't flash until Euphemia told him to "live on." Which is why I think we should look at how it works again.
What point? They already know what Freija can do, it turned the Tokyo settlement into a crater, or atleast part of it. So he turned the capital into a giant crater and killed everyone including presumably a good chunk of his family to say he disagrees with Lelouch?

Well that discussion actually interests me. So we can assume that Suzaku's live geass activating in the fight with Bismark is basically because Bismark was going to kill him and that he was getting his butt handed to him. It did not look like he gave up the fight but rather his instinct telling him he will not win. But then why did the geass not take over his actions, this episode we saw him use his live geass to his advantage, how did that work? I mean we were given to understand that the live geass cannot make him do something he cannot normally accomplish right?
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 12:36   Link #6811
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
What point? They already know what Freija can do, it turned the Tokyo settlement into a crater, or atleast part of it. So he turned the capital into a giant crater and killed everyone including presumably a good chunk of his family to say he disagrees with Lelouch?
Well, after further review, I don't think it matters what I say here. I have no one to route for. But really, did he even like most of his family? Don't know, and right now, the fact I have really no one to route for, I don't care either.

Go World Blowing Up!

Quote:
Well that discussion actually interests me. So we can assume that Suzaku's live geass activating in the fight with Bismark is basically because Bismark was going to kill him and that he was getting his butt handed to him. It did not look like he gave up the fight but rather his instinct telling him he will not win. But then why did the geass not take over his actions, this episode we saw him use his live geass to his advantage, how did that work? I mean we were given to understand that the live geass cannot make him do something he cannot normally accomplish right?
Perhaps it depends on the situation? In Ep. 20 of S1 it didn't take over his actions. of course, Lelouch showed up right after it went off so that may have been the reason too. I don't know really, probably just another damn inconsistency.
Old 2008-09-08, 12:47   Link #6812
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Well, after further review, I don't think it matters what I say here. I have no one to route for. But really, did he even like most of his family? Don't know, and right now, the fact I have really no one to route for, I don't care either.

Go World Blowing Up!

Perhaps it depends on the situation? In Ep. 20 of S1 it didn't take over his actions. of course, Lelouch showed up right after it went off so that may have been the reason too. I don't know really, probably just another damn inconsistency.
Yeah but not liking someone does not really give him the right to kill them, and a sizable civilian population. He wiped a city off the map along with everyone in it, that alone denies him the right to claim the moral high ground, even over Lelouch at this point. And Nunally is the one following this guy because...? Meh this just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Well I'd admit it is just too vague a command. Which just actually makes me more curious in how exactly it triggers. It seemed to be on the verge of activating when he was surrounded by the gunfrogs but Lelouch bailed his butt out like a second later by making them explode.
Old 2008-09-08, 12:51   Link #6813
Orga777

Quote:
Yeah but not liking someone does not really give him the right to kill them, and a sizable civilian population. He wiped a city off the map along with everyone in it, that alone denies him the right to claim the moral high ground, even over Lelouch at this point. And Nunally is the one following this guy because...? Meh this just left a bad taste in my mouth.
Oh don't worry about that... I have this very strange feeling that the ending of this anime is going to leave a very bitter taste in everyone's mouths... I said it jokingly a few weeks ago, but Taniguchi may very well be saying "FUCK YOU!" to everyone...

Quote:
Well I'd admit it is just too vague a command. Which just actually makes me more curious in how exactly it triggers. It seemed to be on the verge of activating when he was surrounded by the gunfrogs but Lelouch bailed his butt out like a second later by making them explode.
Yeah, I just don't know what the "Live" Geass does now. Maybe he learned to be in control of it during that month? Who knows. I have a strange feeling we will never find out either.
Old 2008-09-08, 12:54   Link #6814
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

My theory on how Suzaku is able to resist or purposely activate the Live Geass at times is that he's somehow found a way to convince himself that winning is the only way to live. Conversely, he was probably able to resist the Geass when fighting Bismarck earlier for a short amount of time by doing his best (but ultimately failing, hence Runzaku) to convince himself his life was not in danger. It's similar to how Euphy resisted the Geass on her by telling herself she "must not think about that." She managed to not think of Suzaku as Japanese while on her death bed. They have extraordinary minds on a level not seen anywhere else in this show.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 13:01   Link #6815
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Oh don't worry about that... I have this very strange feeling that the ending of this anime is going to leave a very bitter taste in everyone's mouths... I said it jokingly a few weeks ago, but Taniguchi may very well be saying "FUCK YOU!" to everyone...

Yeah, I just don't know what the "Live" Geass does now. Maybe he learned to be in control of it during that month? Who knows. I have a strange feeling we will never find out either.
Well the bitter taste already crept into my mouth a few weeks ago with the Ragnarok episode and Charles. I think the story telling really took a dive in terms of the pacing and everything. I mean depending on how you take how they portrayed Marianne, how everyone and their mothers worshipped her and the ground she walked on, hell Bismark screamed her name right before he died, and look how she turned out. I am not talking that she turned out to be a big female dog, but she got virtually no development and just kind of appeared only to die. Then you have Kallen which seemed to have been built up since the start of this season and if they really do end things like this then that is a giant middle finger.

Yeah I swear though, they were fairly consistent with how they portrayed it up until recently. You get a flash of it when someone gives him the live command but it really activates when he seems to give up on living and I mentioned this but the events back up that hypothesis. But recently, especially this episode it just turned into a deux ex machina.
Old 2008-09-08, 13:03   Link #6816
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Yeah I swear though, they were fairly consistent with how they portrayed it up until recently. You get a flash of it when someone gives him the live command but it really activates when he seems to give up on living or his life is in danger even if he's not consciously aware of it, as with the Bismarck sword fight and I mentioned this but the events back up that hypothesis. But recently, especially this episode it just turned into a deux ex machina.
I fixed it for you.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 13:06   Link #6817
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
I fixed it for you.
I don't need you to fix it for me, because that sword fight was the first instance where it activates when he is not conciously admitting defeat.
Old 2008-09-08, 15:33   Link #6818
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Do you have a better idea of what he could have done at that point?
If he was fighting for the welfare of mankind or even just Britania, he could have just endured and trusted that what Lelouch had planned wasn't so bad it'd justify nuking what was probably the biggest city in the world.

I mean, at this point, for Schneizel to be the lesser evil, Lelouch would have to get his hands on Fleija warheads and nuke two large cities.

Quote:
People won't feel threatened by a weapon if they think you won't use it. By destroying Pendragon, he basically sent the message "Yeah, I don't care where you are or who or what you're surrounded by. I will nuke you. There is no place on Earth I won't nuke. I'm that hardcore." It is, as Lelouch said, the resolve to destroy the world, and his self.

Quote:
Guess: A KMF's performance is apparently dependant of the user's state of mind. He has to synchronize with some sakuradite powered doohickey. So, by pushing that synchronization to its limit, his live geass allowed him to win. No point in seeing a future you can't dodge. But with simple swords? His brain was telling him "No matter how hard you try, you'll lose. Run for your life."
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 15:43   Link #6819
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
People won't feel threatened by a weapon if they think you won't use it. By destroying Pendragon, he basically sent the message "Yeah, I don't care where you are or who or what you're surrounded by. I will nuke you. There is no place on Earth I won't nuke. I'm that hardcore." It is, as Lelouch said, the resolve to destroy the world, and his self.
They already nuked the Tokyo settlement, which also had the majority of Britannian casualties. Not to mention that Freija was used in the middle of a heated battle between the armies. He basically said, I don't care where you are or who you are I will nuke you even if my troops are in the line of fire and I am right there, already.

Quote:
Guess: A KMF's performance is apparently dependant of the user's state of mind. He has to synchronize with some sakuradite powered doohickey. So, by pushing that synchronization to its limit, his live geass allowed him to win. No point in seeing a future you can't dodge. But with simple swords? His brain was telling him "No matter how hard you try, you'll lose. Run for your life."
Hm, is his mind actually syncrhonized with some machinery or was Loyd just referring to the skill of a devicer to bring out the full range of capabilities of a unit?
Old 2008-09-08, 15:52   Link #6820
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
They already nuked the Tokyo settlement, which also had the majority of Britannian casualties. Not to mention that Freija was used in the middle of a heated battle between the armies. He basically said, I don't care where you are or who you are I will nuke you even if my troops are in the line of fire and I am right there, already.
But most of his troops got away, and it was a kind of emergency.

But with Pendragon? "Yeah, I don't care if it's my home, with all of my family in it. I don't care if it's the largest gathering of my own people."

Quote:
Hm, is his mind actually syncrhonized with some machinery or was Loyd just referring to the skill of a devicer to bring out the full range of capabilities of a unit?
Lloyd did mention synchronization rates from time to time. In fact, the only reason he got to pilot in the first time is that they couldn't find anyone else with the required synchronization rate.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote