Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-24, 12:01   Link #6821
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
The T-25 game was great, I also liked the last Ram II game although you died early.
Yeah I got derped by an M4 as I was speeding down the hill =/

Had a few good games today and managed to clear my dailies without a loss until I came to the jumbo which I had endure some absolute dire failings at the hands of some utterly idiotic teammates, in one game half the teams heavies where cowering behind me as I was wrecking a group of enemy heavies over the hill from me but of course after arty got me the enemy heavies (all of which where at about 10-20% hp thanks to me) rolled over and whipped them all out in literally seconds...

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 12:23   Link #6822
Blaat

I decided to focus on my Tier 8/4 today, sadly enough my bad luck with MM carried over from yesterday (only had two top tiers games today in my tier 8 tanks). Still managed to get a positive win result but to make matters worse with the exception of the I-panzer I had lousy games in all of the wins which basically means I got carried. I hate those type of wins as much as losing.
Old 2013-05-24, 12:39   Link #6823
Gravitas Free Zone

I finally got an Ace Tanker in the Hetzer, though I think the Top Gun bonus helped.

Our KV-1 being idle both helped and hurt me. Helped, because I was forced to hold the entire northeastern pass with the SU-85. Hurt, because having to do that was incredibly stressful. While the KV may have wandered AFK after moving a short distance, the turret twitching throughout the rest of the game seems rather bottish.

Images
Also HEAT derping... until I ran out.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 12:45   Link #6824
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I would be less likely to shoot with a teammate that close in a real game.

And I've played five real games with the S-51. The crew is at 100% and has 1.8 skills since they mostly came from the KV-2... I just don't have time to spend on the S-51 versus all of my other business.
Well I used a fresh start crew in the S-51 and it's currently at 94% and the S-51 is pretty much striped (no equipment). Still I manage to get at least 2000+ damage in battle, enough to pay for my shells (which are VERY expensive).

------------------------------

I'll use the acc in the clan tonight, gotta play with my M4 and Easy 8, and maybe get the Jumbo to grind for the T29 and the Michael Jackson for entertainment purposes only.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 22:33   Link #6825
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Where do you get all that free XP to skip entire high tier tanks anyway? The XP cost of modules alone is crazy enough in high tiers without considering the actual tanks themselves.

Do you just turn off accelerated training on your elite tanks?
Play the game like crazy on your elited tanks, the EXP piles up. I know a friend with more than 1.5 MILLION unconverted free exp. I've also got my share of "free exp all the way up the tree and get the top tier tank the day its released" thing before too.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 22:42   Link #6826
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Yep, if you have a lot of elited tanks, so long as you don't have the "Accelerate Crew Training" box checked, you should gradually accumulate free exp when you play them. Now the only problem will be how to convert all those exp into something you can use... Which needs gold.

For example, just by platooning with Kimi or simply solopubbing on the M4 over the past 2 odd days, I was able to gain around 30k+ convertible exp.
Old 2013-05-24, 23:16   Link #6827
Gravitas Free Zone

I had some well-timed lag just now. In fact so much weirdness that my client disconnected from the server...

Well-timed because my team was winning 11 to 3 at the time, and I was driving the KV-5, so when I got back into the game five minutes later it was a win and my tank survived. Which was tricky considering I had two tanks looking at me when last I left...

Bonus: That Hetzer game, at the point where things slowed down considerably:

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-05-25 at 00:20.
Old 2013-05-25, 00:38   Link #6828
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Images
Also HEAT derping... until I ran out.
Congorats on a very nice game, but i call and raise you with this..

Images
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 00:56   Link #6829
Gravitas Free Zone

LOL at XP tie.
Old 2013-05-25, 01:02   Link #6830
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Finally got the AT-7, but no gold to retrain the crew, and while I can just use silver I REALLY want to keep their skills.

Images

So Pen3, any advise on this huge hunk of steel?
Old 2013-05-25, 01:12   Link #6831
Pen3

hide your mg side whenever possible and slight angle the thing when reloading or camping. Go with the lesser flank since you are good at defending. Might do less dmg, but win>dmg.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 01:52   Link #6832
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I think I did quite well on the tank's first outing, don'tcha agree?

Images

Note, I only killed one tank, but I pretty much out-damaged EVERYTHING in the match. The ROF of this thing is scary.
Old 2013-05-25, 07:00   Link #6833
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I have it too and it also takes an absolute kicking, I was able to lock down the entire left side of port myself while bouncing shots from an assortment of Tier 7-9 heavies.

As pen said show as little hull as possible and again the little commander turret/hatch is a weak spot like the AT8 but if you can angle yourself just right from behind cover you can show only the main gun.

I've also found those 2 little machine guns on top can often get in the way of oncoming fire and end up taking hits intended for the commander turret/hatch and they seem to cause a lot less damage so if you've taken position on a hill it makes it harder for anyone below you to land a decent hit on the commander hatch which is handy.

At the minute I have a rammer, camo net and Bino's equipped on mine.

Old 2013-05-25, 07:55   Link #6834
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

nice mow mow. but i would never accum that much unconverted free xp, i would rather use accel training or covert it to free xp to spread across other tanks that need it..... also looked at the wiki for wot, it said if researched all the tanks in a tree u get a badge for it, heheh, maybe my next goal it to research the whole US tech tree and get that badge, i'm pretty much 85% done on the US tree, only missed the T49, T95, E3, and arties after M41.... so pretty much I'm a the US expert in MUP.

Then the highest I got on the German tree is the Maus, KT, StuG, and Hummel line.

Then the highest on the RU tree is IS, T43-85, SU 85 (don't plan to own one), and S-51 (don't plan to own one).

for Chinese, the highest is the M5A1.

for the frenchies mainly nothin past tier 2 except for the B1.
Old 2013-05-25, 08:31   Link #6835
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Drake: Unfortunately, positioning is also very vital on this thing, and some maps are very unfriendly to it. I haven't experienced either Malinovka or Prokhorovka on it yet, but I imagine it would be hellish.

Some results from this afternoon to evening:

Images

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-05-25 at 09:14.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 08:57   Link #6836
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

That goes without saying and I'd argue its the same for all fixed gun TD's, Hill maps in general are hellish because of the brit TD's slow speed but often you can find a good section of cover like a rock arrangement that you can angle yourself around or hug the corner of buildings but you really rely on your team covering the flanks.

Starting to get the hang of the Comet now and I've found its depression to be glorious since its turret is reasonably small/low profile it can be hard to hit.

Images

I hugged the top of the bridge ramp in this match and I would have also taken out the ARL44 and IS had they not been snagged just as I was about to finish both.. I have a replay of this game but now that mwreplays is gone so I've nowhere to upload it too =[

Old 2013-05-25, 10:09   Link #6837
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Sometimes, all it takes to make a longshot work is to make less mistakes than your enemies:

Images

Was basesitting for this one, but I moved up once the half of the enemy team which, FOR SOME REASON, was camped around the north bend before the river, was wiped out.

Speaking of Comets, I had an excellent game with mine for a change. I was worried though as I rolled a tier 9 game...

Images

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-05-25 at 10:14. Reason: Comet!
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 10:41   Link #6838
Gravitas Free Zone

Ah, using a low-tier medium to support your high-tiers... and doing the second-most damage on the team (plus getting the most XP) as a result. The heavies at the northern side were too busy with my heavies, so I snuck around and took peekaboo shots at their flanks. I also kept the T21 from doing the same to us.

Did 950 damage to the Lowe, missed the killshot by a fraction of a second. Got the 4502 to around 8%, missed the killshot by a fraction of a second. Drove all the way around a hill to come at the Centurion's rear when it was at 3%... missed the killshot by a fraction of a second.

(Yes, I copypastaed from the social group, but this was a good showing on a map I don't like very much.)
Old 2013-05-25, 11:06   Link #6839
Blaat

If I need a win on my BDR G1B I'll contact Drake he'll pop up in his T49 and carry the game for me.

And I'll repay him by kill stealing his burning targets.

Last edited by Blaat; 2013-05-25 at 11:19.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 11:30   Link #6840
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

D= I set him on fire fair and square but nooooo you couldn't let him burn could you

The T49 game was fun, shame I misjudged the ARL44's speed I probably could have circled him had he been slower and made it 7 kills...

Speaking of carrying people with the T49....

Images

I defended the left flank alone and after destroying all the invaders I scooted back to base to reset the cap and after killing a t-34 and resetting the flag I found half the remainder of the enemy team coming over the hill beside me where most of my team had been hiding minutes prior...

I just face palmed and you can see me ranting in the pub chat XD

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks