AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2015-02-20, 00:57   Link #6841
Tuor

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
The Ukitakes are a lower noble family. not one of the 4 greats. but shiba is or was one of them and i'm sure kukkaku's missing arm will play some part in this as well. there could very well be a tie in to the SKs limbs and the royal families
Huh. I thought he was... I guess because of how he holds himself and his actions. The more you know...
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-20, 01:36   Link #6842
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saravis4 View Post
Since when were you under the impression that he left?

I'm hoping that Shinsui finds the chair empty with an "Oh Shit" look on his face.
Not empty. Containing the long-dead body of someone we've seen in this arc.
Old 2015-02-20, 04:39   Link #6843
Casshern

^^Lol.

I'm disappointed if this means we'll never see his bankai.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-20, 05:21   Link #6844
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
people are complaining about being surprised?
topkek
Old 2015-02-20, 07:43   Link #6845
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
OK, fine. Its not a retcon. But its most definitely an asspull. In the greatest moment of despair in the series yet, Kubo/Ukitake literally pulls the fact that he is/has the SK's right hand out of his ass. This is probably as close to the definition of the trope as I've seen yet.
I'll admit that foreshadowing isn't Kubo's strongest suit, but I'm not sure applying asspull here actually works. We know that Ukitake was doing something called Kamikake, we know that it was only to be used in an emergency, we know that the King is missing limbs, and we know that Ukitake was always sick.

What we didn't know was the shrine god stuff, but even if you ignore that, it still works. Just think of it like this: Invoke Kamikake, get Soul King power.

What's interesting to me is that it means Shunsui knew what the Kamikake was, and still went to Aizen. This reminded me of when he personally went to Earth to give Ichigo's friends those trinkets. I wonder if he's building a kind of "last stand" scenario, tapping into any potential powers and allies he can because the big bad is just that strong.
Old 2015-02-20, 13:56   Link #6846
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
What's interesting to me is that it means Shunsui knew what the Kamikake was, and still went to Aizen. This reminded me of when he personally went to Earth to give Ichigo's friends those trinkets. I wonder if he's building a kind of "last stand" scenario, tapping into any potential powers and allies he can because the big bad is just that strong.
he's basically being the opposite of yama-jii. instead of shunning various people like ichigo et al, aizen, fullringers, vizards, and even arrancar, he is going to embrace everyone to unite against a common enemy and probably live in somewhat peace after ywach is gone.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 10:59   Link #6847
Gilly

So, Yhwach is Soul King's son, but he didn't know that his father's arm has been in SS for ages and can be used to ruin his plans? Mind you, that's not the only thing that's bad about this Minihagi bullshit. At least Aizen is coming back.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 19:04   Link #6848
Tuor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
So, Yhwach is Soul King's son, but he didn't know that his father's arm has been in SS for ages and can be used to ruin his plans? Mind you, that's not the only thing that's bad about this Minihagi bullshit. At least Aizen is coming back.
I think it might be a little early to say with any certainty what Yhwach knows and doesn't know. He seems to know a heck of a lot, so for all we know everything is still going, as Aizen would say, "According to plan."
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-22, 13:01   Link #6849
itachi-san314

Spoiler for more than likely to happen ;):
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-22, 16:24   Link #6850
Eragon
Still Alive

I shouldn't laugh but, that's just too hilarious given the context
Old 2015-02-22, 22:13   Link #6851
SosukeAizen

Finally the moment I've been waiting for, just the words "Aizen Sosuke" was enough for me to rate this chapter a 10/10. I haven't been exited about Bleach in years, almost everything after aizen's defeat was a disappointment for me, only aizen make Bleach entertaining for me again.
SosukeAizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-24, 05:34   Link #6852
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Dat bias doe
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-25, 22:44   Link #6853
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:
i completely lost any respect for the espada when barragan couldn't even kill omaeda. then when aizen actually started fighting and showed that he was stronger than 4 captains at a time, it really proved how useless those years of buildup were. there really wasn't any reason aizen couldn't just have kidnapped inoue, hidden until he put the hyogoku in himself and then taken everyone out that he needed to.

and as history seems to always repeat itself, I'm not really seeing why ywach thought it was necessary to have all these lackeys. he could have just did all this on his own. his true power makes the head of the RG look like nothing.
Tbf all of the espadas with the exception of Stark got the bad treatment. All of them got pwned. Stark managed to fight 4 captains before going down. The rest were no match for the UBER L33T B4NK41S!!! Yeah the stern ritter were even more lame than the espada with the exception of 2. Askin & Mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
He didn't even need Orihime. The only reason he took he was to trap half of SS in HM and thus make the battle outside easier... but with the level of power he showed, its pretty damn unconvincing that any of those that got stuck in HM would have made a difference. So kidnapping Orihime was also pointless.

Honestly that whole WAR would have felt so much better if Aizen's assets actually felt useful. Like we get the Idea that Aizen is the strongest of them all, but at the same time leave with the understanding that Aizen would have been hopelessly crushed if he actually tried to fight everyone on his own. Like if after everything was done, all the captains were done except for Urahara, Isshin and Yorichi, and Aizen actually struggled just to beat those three, we'd get the idea that he would have been in serious trouble if the espada did not eliminate everyone else.

one could simply ask why he charged into this war with SS, when he could have waited an extra day for his true powers to unlock.
Agreed completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
AIZEN SOUSUKE!!!

(Also that plot with Ukitake being saved by some god-something and now could take SK's place, reminded me of Avatar the Last Airbender Book 1 finale)
Same. Princess Yue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I didn't realize it when first reading the chapter, but when they said Mimihagi was the Soul King's right hand, it was meant to be literal. The Soul King's limbs are scattered all over the place, and you can bet your ass it's going to be revealed other major characters have them.
But I like my ass I don't want to bet it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
If there was one bad thing about this chapter, its that the likelihood of witnessing Ukitake's Bankai just got a lot worse for all you fans out there who were interested.
I hope not. Shunsui, Ukitake, Aizen, & Urahara bankais are the ones I have been looking forward to the most; since ch.510.
Old 2015-02-25, 23:11   Link #6854
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by SosukeAizen View Post
Finally the moment I've been waiting for, just the words "Aizen Sosuke" was enough for me to rate this chapter a 10/10. I haven't been exited about Bleach in years, almost everything after aizen's defeat was a disappointment for me, only aizen make Bleach entertaining for me again.

That name though....
Old 2015-02-26, 05:24   Link #6855
Knjaz

I wonder if that's an illusion or Aizen really did it.
Knjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-26, 05:25   Link #6856
Gilly

He is back and trolling. So much awesomeness, I just can't.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-26, 05:50   Link #6857
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Putting aside my thoughts about the previous chapter's asspull (which was even more asspull like in this chapter when pitted against Ywach's Almighty), I thought this was a pretty good chapter given the whole right hand stabilizing the world temporarily. It felt like progress was made.

Though, I'm feeling very shallow right now; I genuinely believe the single act of having Aizen return in this chapter has significantly improved this manga.
Old 2015-02-26, 05:51   Link #6858
ImperialFlameGod8190

Does it really matter i mean seriously again you have a pretty subpar chapter the fact everyone is so enamored with Aizen tells you everything about the state of Bleach atm

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-26, 06:02   Link #6859
Calca
Expressionless

Aizen: Oh the right hand has been activated? Just as planned.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-26, 06:15   Link #6860
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Well only two things really stood out for me this chapter not in any particular order:

1. Why didn't you use my handy dandy amplifier that I keep in stock for just his occasion?

2. What aren't you gonna use your keys LOL :P.

That's about it I read it 3 minutes ago and can't remember the rest

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter