AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-03-26, 20:28   Link #6861
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
KNIM was likable too before Eba left Hiroshima.
Lol, it would had been my favourite romance manga of last year if only she didn't left.... sadly this is reality.

I'm not convince on Rinko day's since it's only like 6 chapter lol. It's going to be short so you won't see Seo trolling in it.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 20:41   Link #6862
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
What a fucking scum bag.

Seriously this guy has some of the absolute WORST train of thought I've ever seen.

I hope the train wreck hits so hard that it causes the ground to split open, volcanoes to erupt, and have the Black Plague return.

(I'd still oggle Asuka though).
i'll second that.

seriously what was he thinking? Yamato was bad enough, but at least it was still on a rather acceptable scale. But Haruto has taken it to new levels.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 21:01   Link #6863
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 129:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 21:30   Link #6864
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandalen View Post
Pretty much this. Guy is approaching the podium held by Louise from ZnT for me.

as for his other series, I will agree that rinko days is mostly fine (mostly since it's not his unique work), and I don't mind Princess Lucia but the story really has no where to go, and after coming back to the series after a long reading hiatus the characters all look the same just with different names/attitudes.
Rinko Days is more or less an original, since the Loveplus game itself doesn't have much of a story. All it has are the girl's appearances (which you can change later on anyway), school activities, and family background. The character personalities and most of the drama, like Rinko and her single-parent family and Manaka unapproachable idol status, are Seo's work.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 00:13   Link #6865
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Rinko Days is more or less an original, since the Loveplus game itself doesn't have much of a story. All it has are the girl's appearances (which you can change later on anyway), school activities, and family background. The character personalities and most of the drama, like Rinko and her single-parent family and Manaka unapproachable idol status, are Seo's work.
But characters personalities are not Seo's work really. If we are talking about the girls he pretty much takes each of the girls default persona from the game (both looks and personality wise) while other characters doenst have much personality to begin with

Quote:
Pretty much this. Guy is approaching the podium held by Louise from ZnT for me..
Louise from anime. If you read novels I doubt Louise would be so much hateble. She really grows up in the novels - its just that anime screwed her over totally just like all ZnT.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 00:40   Link #6866
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You people are off your rocker.

I've never felt the urge to reach inside a work of fiction and back hand someone as hard as I am with Haruto right now. After the last chapter this guy is the douchebag OVERLORD of the douchebag realm, and he has the nerve, NAY, the audacity to tell people like his friends that they're pathetic and coasting through college? He has the balls to place himself above them after what he did in the last chapter?

Go fuck yourself Seo. I'm not just going to up and forgive you for doing what you want with your characters because you just happened to remember the 'comedy' portion of 'romantic comedy' title that is supposed to describe this series.
I haven't vested enough emotion into the manga to feel as strongly as you do, but I can definitely see where you're coming from.

Quote:
I swear to god this break up better be awful, in every sense of the word. I want him to dump Asuka for a roll of toilet paper. I want her to break up with him for a goat.
that would be amazing.
Old 2011-03-27, 02:39   Link #6867
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post

that would be amazing.
Yeah, we'd probably get a wider scope of emotion too.

GOAT CHEESE ALL DAY SON

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 02:44   Link #6868
Kikuchi

I've been out of the loop for some time now but I see that things don't change much around here

I recently catched up and have to say that the trainwreck is still pretty entertaining. Can't find 129 at the moment but should be good too
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 04:02   Link #6869
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
I've been out of the loop for some time now but I see that things don't change much around here

I recently catched up and have to say that the trainwreck is still pretty entertaining. Can't find 129 at the moment but should be good too
I guess from your point of view and being out of the loop the train wreck would be entertaining, but I feel like I'm on the train...

I went back to my previous posts and I realized everytime I defended Seo, Asuka or Haruto, that was mostly to convince myself that this manga is still as good as the beginning was... But the last couple of chapters made me realize that I convinced myself and was trying to sell it to you guys...

Sorry, but KNIM is just not what it was... Now I feel depressed...

You think you can swing the bat? Show your bling and let me shine you!

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
cmgmcmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 04:43   Link #6870
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgmcmg View Post
I guess from your point of view and being out of the loop the train wreck would be entertaining, but I feel like I'm on the train...

I went back to my previous posts and I realized everytime I defended Seo, Asuka or Haruto, that was mostly to convince myself that this manga is still as good as the beginning was... But the last couple of chapters made me realize that I convinced myself and was trying to sell it to you guys...

Sorry, but KNIM is just not what it was... Now I feel depressed...
welcome to the dark side ^^, you should read some of the 129 spoilers and see what Seo has install lol, it will cheer u up
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 05:54   Link #6871
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

ah yes, 129 smells like a giant rage bait for

Spoiler for 129:
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 09:34   Link #6872
Xaturas

Wonder when this manga will get an axe, unless ppl in jpn do enjoy such ^%^$^# stories.
I myself stopped reading before kazama kicked the bucket, now its just reading the forum here once in a while while checking other threads.
Seems that there is no one to defend this manga anymore, and all Eba haters became haruto haters or so, still manga is as weak as it was.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 09:58   Link #6873
Chandalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post

Louise from anime. If you read novels I doubt Louise would be so much hateble. She really grows up in the novels - its just that anime screwed her over totally just like all ZnT.
No, I've read the novels, and I still despise/hate/loathe/wish the plague/etc her character like no other. She is beyond redeemable in my opinion. I'm not going to get into a discussion about it though, it's pointless.

On-topic:
I can't say that I didn't enjoy the first bits of the the manga, but I was a fan Nanami from the get-go. I'm at least enjoying the hole the guy has dug for himself, I'm just eagerly awaiting him to jump, or get pushed in by Rin.
Chandalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 12:04   Link #6874
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

Quote:
On-topic:
I can't say that I didn't enjoy the first bits of the the manga, but I was a fan Nanami from the get-go. I'm at least enjoying the hole the guy has dug for himself, I'm just eagerly awaiting him to jump, or get pushed in by Rin.
I don't think I could've said it better, Nanami is still probably my favorite character. Well... not anymore since she seems to no-longer exist but still, I enjoyed the Nanami Vs. Eba battle from the beginning till Eba left. After that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
welcome to the dark side ^^, you should read some of the 129 spoilers and see what Seo has install lol, it will cheer u up
I'm glad I have been accepted into the educated side of the field, it just took me a bit longer than I had hoped

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
Old 2011-03-27, 14:16   Link #6875
Shadow5YA

Quote:
No, I've read the novels, and I still despise/hate/loathe/wish the plague/etc her character like no other. She is beyond redeemable in my opinion. I'm not going to get into a discussion about it though, it's pointless.

On-topic:
Feel free to hate Louise. However, JCStaff's adaptation had her out of character by adding physical abuse to the verbal abuse she already does to Saito. The verbal abuse fits Louise's pretentious pride, while the violence does not.

Likewise, the inconcistency in Haruto and Yuzuki's character starting from Tokyo is really hard to tolerate. With the Hiroshima arc, it is apparent that Seo can establish a decent foundation to his story, so I don't understand why the current story is what it is when it could be so much better.
Old 2011-03-27, 16:54   Link #6876
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:

On-topic:
I kind of doubt you read novels or read all of them, because Louise certainly grows up later in the novels in both physical (grows taller) and mental sense and is willing to give up on EVERYTHING and do everything for Saito's sake. Its actually pretty hard to find such devoted heroines as Louise in the novel. But to each their own.

On topic:

I am not sure if KNIM will get an axe anytime soon. It still looks going relatively strong despite all the complaints
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 19:11   Link #6877
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
On topic:

I am not sure if KNIM will get an axe anytime soon. It still looks going relatively strong despite all the complaints
Well, no matter how bad it has gotten, I'd still say at least 90% of us on this forum is still reading it despite all of our complaints

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
Old 2011-03-28, 21:07   Link #6878
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgmcmg View Post
Well, no matter how bad it has gotten, I'd still say at least 90% of us on this forum is still reading it despite all of our complaints
Doesn't make it any better. I'm sure a good portion of Bleach readers don't find the story very praiseworthy either.
Old 2011-03-29, 00:21   Link #6879
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

Quote:
Doesn't make it any better. I'm sure a good portion of Bleach readers don't find the story very praiseworthy either.
True, and thats coming from a bleach fan like myself

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
Old 2011-03-31, 11:39   Link #6880
SidVicious
Anime addict

Nice angle for Asuka.

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life