AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-08-20, 17:05   Link #6941
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Von Miller will receive 6 game suspension for violating drug policy. Official statement from the NFL.
I knew that was coming, that really hurts the Broncos.

In other news:
The Philadelphia Eagles announced today that Michael Vick had won the quarterback competition with Nick Foles, so Michael Vick is starting quarterback for Eagles.

Houston Texans defensive end Antonio Smith was suspended 3 games for swinging helmet at Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito. He is out for the final two preseason games and the season opener.
Old 2013-08-20, 17:10   Link #6942
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Gabbert has the tools now. Jones-Drew is back and he has Eric Fisher to protect him. Cecil Shorts and Justin Blackmon are a decent pair of receivers. Blackmon performed well when Chad Henne was throwing to him. The defensive secondary needs to improve though.
Luke Joeckal, not Eric Fisher. I also found some surprising information about the two top draft picks. Luke is vastly rated highly over Fisher after the first preseason game. The source is bleacher report who did their research with Profootballtalk and some other websites, here is the link Rookie impressions after week 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
I knew that was coming, that really hurts the Broncos.

The Philadelphia Eagles announced today that Michael Vick had won the quarterback competition with Nick Foles, so Michael Vick is starting quarterback for Eagles.

Houston Texans defensive end Antonio Smith was suspended 3 games for swinging helmet at Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito. He is out for the final two preseason games and the season opener.
I expected a harsher punishment for both Von Miller and Antonio Smith, Von Miller due to the fact he was arrested for missing court and Antonio Smith since it was obvious and intentional. As for Michael Vick, I was torn between the two. So in a way, I feel indifferent with that Quarterback competition.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 21:11   Link #6943
sky black swordman

Quote:
I expected a harsher punishment for both Von Miller and Antonio Smith, Von Miller due to the fact he was arrested for missing court and Antonio Smith since it was obvious and intentional. As for Michael Vick, I was torn between the two. So in a way, I feel indifferent with that Quarterback competition.
For me, not so much on Von Miller. I was expecting the Broncos or the NFL to fine him for his arrest. Hmm, now that I think about, have the Broncos organization or the NFL punish him for his arrest? As far as Antonio Smith, I due believe he need a harsher punishment. He should have been suspended 3 regular season games and not the final two preseason games and the season opener. Michael Vick becoming starting quarterback for Eagles was abit expected (IMO), honestly I'm wondering if and when the Eagles will move on from him to someone else.
Old 2013-08-22, 17:31   Link #6944
Yye1
Wide Right

maybe antonio smith had a bout of roid rage?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 17:49   Link #6945
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

...............................The NFL is really an ****,*******,****,and ******(cannot say, moderators would ban me). RG3 is reportedly fined for 10,000 dollars for just wearing a shirt. Sigh really shaking my head.

Also, Patriots and the NFL are said to be sued for 10 million dollars for a fan that died in a game in 2010 when one of their security guards allegedly cause a heart attack of a father that soon died because of it. Man was a father who was given permission with his son to walk on field and even get a photograph. It was said that the security guard cause the heart attack due to two arguments with the father.

Patriots and NFL sued for 10 million dollars

RG3 Sued for wearing a shirt

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-08-22 at 18:14. Reason: Links
Old 2013-08-25, 09:33   Link #6946
Yye1
Wide Right

I understand why RG 3 got fined, the league had a contract, but the security guard issue really hurts Tue league's rep

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
Old 2013-08-25, 10:34   Link #6947
VTHokiePride

Geno Smith imploded last night throwing 3 interceptions and Rex Ryan put in Mark Sanchez late in the game only to have Sanchez fumble then exit the game with a shoulder injury. Rex Ryan loses his cool in the following press conference.

I'm not a Jets fan, but the Jets have brought all of this upon themselves. Here's a link to the press conference http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-presea...loses-his-cool
Old 2013-08-25, 12:02   Link #6948
Yye1
Wide Right

^ Greg McIlroy time!!

Old 2013-08-25, 13:27   Link #6949
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
^ Greg McIlroy time!!
I wish they still had Tebow so it would be Tebow Time.
Old 2013-08-25, 15:38   Link #6950
sky black swordman

Quote:
Geno Smith imploded last night throwing 3 interceptions and Rex Ryan put in Mark Sanchez late in the game only to have Sanchez fumble then exit the game with a shoulder injury. Rex Ryan loses his cool in the following press conference.

I'm not a Jets fan, but the Jets have brought all of this upon themselves. Here's a link to the press conference http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-presea...loses-his-cool
I completely agree with this statement.
The Jets problems are going to get worse as the 2013-2014 NFL season goes on. The 2 thing they (IMO) needed to do this off season and didn't do were: Firing Rex Ryan and releasing Mark Sanchez.
Old 2013-08-25, 15:40   Link #6951
GDB

Even firing Rex Ryan wouldn't have been needed if they had just ousted Sanchez. Problem is keeping both, Rex has too big an ego not to play Sanchez since it was "his guy". As long as he's on the team, he's both a distraction and poison.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 15:54   Link #6952
sky black swordman

Now, I know the Jets will Geno Smith next year and Mark Sanchez will most likely be gone (along with Rex Ryan) but what are the chances the Jets draft a QB in the first round?
Old 2013-08-25, 16:00   Link #6953
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Now, I know the Jets will Geno Smith next year and Mark Sanchez will most likely be gone (along with Rex Ryan) but what are the chances the Jets draft a QB in the first round?
It depends are what Quarterbacks are available and not. Also depends on their draft number. The top 3 Quarterbacks to draft next year in my opinion is Teddy Bridgewater(projected to be the first Quarterback taken and the second overall player in the draft behind Clowney), Tajh Boyd who is a top ten overall player, and Marcus Mariota who is rumored to return for another season instead of the draft, his place is varied among scouters from top 15 to top 30, nevertheless, he is a first round pick. The chances are half and half at this point, seeing as we have not seen Geno Smith lead the offense. Also, scouts indicate that this draft, the Quarterback position is very high and rival that of RG3 and Luck or better.
Old 2013-08-25, 17:19   Link #6954
VTHokiePride

Another thing the Jet's should've done is use the draft to improve the offense. I figured Ryan was going to take Dee Milliner in the first round, but Sheldon Richardson? I would've taken a WR. Granted, there weren't any great ones to take early in the first round so why not trade down? I think Stephen Hill is a good WR, but Santonio Holmes isn't worth it anymore. He brings too much drama to the team.
Old 2013-08-25, 17:24   Link #6955
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Another thing the Jet's should've done is use the draft to improve the offense. I figured Ryan was going to take Dee Milliner in the first round, but Sheldon Richardson? I would've taken a WR. Granted, there weren't any great ones to take early in the first round so why not trade down? I think Stephen Hill is a good WR, but Santonio Holmes isn't worth it anymore. He brings too much drama to the team.
It is not that Santonio Holmes isn't worth anything. He appears that he does not want to play for the Jets. Rumors have been around for a long time, especially when he suffered an Lisfranc injury. Rumor is he was cleared to practice and play for the jets a month ago, though Holmes has refuse to play claiming that he doesn't want to risk it and doesn't know.
Old 2013-08-25, 22:12   Link #6956
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:
I wish they still had Tebow so it would be Tebow Time.
Really? Tebow cant throw....

Old 2013-08-25, 23:46   Link #6957
VTHokiePride

Quote:
It is not that Santonio Holmes isn't worth anything. He appears that he does not want to play for the Jets. Rumors have been around for a long time, especially when he suffered an Lisfranc injury. Rumor is he was cleared to practice and play for the jets a month ago, though Holmes has refuse to play claiming that he doesn't want to risk it and doesn't know.
I guess he acknowledges the fact that the Jets won't be good for a few years. He's probably looking for a way out maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Really? Tebow cant throw....
He won't butt fumble
Old 2013-08-26, 12:48   Link #6958
Yye1
Wide Right

^ well he does have gods protection lol, hey when the pats release him, maybe the jets can resign him

Old 2013-08-28, 03:57   Link #6959
sky black swordman

^ Speaking of Tebow, somehow survived the first cuts by the Patriots.

And The Jets have agreed to terms with former Packers backup Graham Harrell.
Old 2013-08-28, 09:00   Link #6960
VTHokiePride

Quote:
^ Speaking of Tebow, somehow survived the first cuts by the Patriots.

And The Jets have agreed to terms with former Packers backup Graham Harrell.
The Pats staff could find a use for him in goal line situations. Hopefully they do a better job than the Jets.

Tags
american football, sports