AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2020-05-20, 22:45   Link #6941
saucerKing

they just need to give bova a power up related to his dad like an special ability he received due to being tannin son or something he created while training, also some anger management.
saucerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-21, 04:49   Link #6942
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
I think the point of Bova is to continue the message of the younger generation. Issei's team in general is filled with youths of the current generation besides Grayfia. Also Bova is basically another version of Issei and his relationship with Nikari is similar to the dynamic of Issei and Kiba. Like how Issei was at the beginning of the series Bova is considered the weakest in the group and is overshadowed and his devotion Issei similarly to Issei's devotion to Rias.

Yeah his performance isn't best but that's point. He's still a rookie. He got retired twice but considering who retired him, It's no surprise.
It really just seemed unnecessary to add him. Just Ouryuu would have done fine. To me, Bova brings nothing to the table that Ouryuu doesn't already bring. Issei and Kiba? Isn't Ouryuu and Gasper just like that?

It just seems to me that Ishibumi went out his way to create a character I see as essentially useless especially when there's another character that basically fulfills the same role except much better.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-21, 05:02   Link #6943
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
It really just seemed unnecessary to add him. Just Ouryuu would have done fine. To me, Bova brings nothing to the table that Ouryuu doesn't already bring. Issei and Kiba? Isn't Ouryuu and Gasper just like that?

It just seems to me that Ishibumi went out his way to create a character I see as essentially useless especially when there's another character that basically fulfills the same role except much better.
Always better Bova than another useless girl in the harem
Giuseppe1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-21, 05:21   Link #6944
saucerKing

maybe ishibumi wanted an actual real dragon and not just a guy whit dragon powers only, besides that also counts for some of the harem.
Old 2020-05-21, 08:38   Link #6945
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerKing View Post
maybe ishibumi wanted an actual real dragon and not just a guy whit dragon powers only, besides that also counts for some of the harem.
That's also my likely guess. But even then I don't think it was really worth it to introduce Bova.
Old 2020-05-21, 09:17   Link #6946
Emperor of D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post

Ouryuu and Gasper hardly has interactions with each other. All we saw is their brief sparring session in volume 24 but we see the dynamic relationship between Bova and Ouryuu ever since volume 23 onward and further explored in shin volume 2 to see the rivalry they have. (At least from Bova's perspective.) It's nice to see Issei have someone that looks up to him that isn't a rival for once. And also to be a subordinate. Sure Ouryuu looks up to him but he isn't Issei's subordinate as his duties will mainly be to his family.

I agree that Bova isn't worthless. His bad performances in the games just shows that he's still a rookie. He's more similar to Issei than Ouryuu is due to his personality.
Emperor of D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-21, 22:55   Link #6947
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor of D. View Post
Ouryuu and Gasper hardly has interactions with each other. All we saw is their brief sparring session in volume 24 but we see the dynamic relationship between Bova and Ouryuu ever since volume 23 onward and further explored in shin volume 2 to see the rivalry they have. (At least from Bova's perspective.) It's nice to see Issei have someone that looks up to him that isn't a rival for once. And also to be a subordinate. Sure Ouryuu looks up to him but he isn't Issei's subordinate as his duties will mainly be to his family.

I agree that Bova isn't worthless. His bad performances in the games just shows that he's still a rookie. He's more similar to Issei than Ouryuu is due to his personality.
Diehauser will make Bova WORTHLESS.
Old 2020-05-22, 01:25   Link #6948
saucerKing

bova just needs more time whit crom the chad dragon and stay away from the blaze jobbing dragon king. just you wait and see, soon bova will come back and be maou class or something!
Old 2020-05-22, 23:50   Link #6949
Itsmepatrick

Bova should've reached Ultimate class by the end of his training.
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-24, 01:47   Link #6950
bashkim1234

Bova needs to surpass his father in terms of power. I mean for future Ultimate class devil is not very strong.
bashkim1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-24, 03:34   Link #6951
Itsmepatrick

Tannin is a Satan class devil if I'm not mistaken so it's unrealistic for Bova to reach Satan class this fast. He will surpassed Tannin maybe near the end of the novel. So for now Ultimate class is the most realistic power level of Bova after training at the Dragon Mountain but we'll see.
Old 2020-05-24, 03:47   Link #6952
saucerKing

well at this point everyone has shown to progress at a incredible rate when close to issei and he is the son of a dragon king so his potential has to be high, also by shonen rules he will come much stronger since he probably had hellish training in a mountain. we all know that mountains are the best place to get stronger for some reason

still i dont think we know his current level so he might already be ultimate-class but on the lower tiers so satan class might be in reach. tannin on the other hand probably started hitting his ceiling which is why he cant get past satan class
Old 2020-05-24, 04:58   Link #6953
bashkim1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmepatrick View Post
Tannin is a Satan class devil if I'm not mistaken so it's unrealistic for Bova to reach Satan class this fast. He will surpassed Tannin maybe near the end of the novel. So for now Ultimate class is the most realistic power level of Bova after training at the Dragon Mountain but we'll see.
Yes Tanin is satan class .
Old 2020-05-24, 06:59   Link #6954
bashkim1234

Well everyone has a limit this obviously Saji for example reached the limit of his growth. His own power can grow, but he reached the full potential of Vitra´s power.
Ise is an other issue like Vali.
Old 2020-05-24, 10:44   Link #6955
Itsmepatrick

Would be great if he can get a Malebranche that way he can at least inch gap the gap between his peers.Well for Vali and Issei sky's the limit for their potential as they're an anomaly especially Issei who is the embodiment of the word Miracle.
Old 2020-05-24, 10:57   Link #6956
Emperor of D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashkim1234 View Post
Well everyone has a limit this obviously Saji for example reached the limit of his growth. His own power can grow, but he reached the full potential of Vitra´s power.
Ise is an other issue like Vali.
I don't know. Look at Sairaorg, despite his lack of talent and low demonic power, he became stronger than high class devils and that's in his base.
Emperor of D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-24, 11:56   Link #6957
Lucidrago

Quote:
I don't know. Look at Sairaorg, despite his lack of talent and low demonic power, he became stronger than high class devils and that's in his base.
Well Sairaorg really had nothing else to work with besides his body.

Saji's a side piece so we really don't care that much about him.
Old 2020-05-24, 12:05   Link #6958
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Sairaorg is only the DxD versione of Rock lee with more luck
Old 2020-05-24, 12:24   Link #6959
godz

Sairaorg could still be a might guy ... so raise your hopes.
godz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-24, 12:36   Link #6960
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
Sairaorg could still be a might guy ... so raise your hopes.
Sairaorg is already a powerful guy to be now a secondary character. Excluding the Super devils in Underworld as Vali, Issei, Ajuka, balberith and Verrine he is the most powerful.

His power for me is enough high, he has only to develop a safe form of BtB