Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-20, 04:42   Link #6941
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
It's said the Council of Four Winds is 4th on the list of one of the easiest bosses in Cataclysm. But Al'Akir himself is on the 7th place on the list, such a huge gap between them But good luck with Al'Akir! His mechanics are certainly very interesting. Especially during phase 2
Hmmm, maybe it's better we decide to not go for him today then , we did down Magmaw of BD after a number of tries and messing the group structure, we ended up going 1 tank 3 heals 6 DPS for the fight, it worked pretty well actually once we got the fight down, and my warrior tank friend is extremely lucky, he not only got the trinket today, he also got Soul Blade from BoT Trash when we had went after just to farm it some to try for BoEs.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 13:03   Link #6942
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Council is a very easy fight, doesn't get much more simple than that - once people give it a few tries and figure out when to jump and how to avoid wind blast's on the wind guy, it's a walk in the park. Al'akir can be pretty messy though ... i like the fight personally, but many from my guild seem to hate it. It's fun!

On another note, guild killed Halfuc Heroic yesterday ... figures it would be the day i was not present Took one evening of pulls, faster than i expected ...heroic Chimaeron should be next.
We just got through Chimeron 2 days ago. His fight scares me too much because he brings you down to 1 health alot and I'm afraid I was going to die

Quote:
Hmmm, maybe it's better we decide to not go for him today then , we did down Magmaw of BD after a number of tries and messing the group structure, we ended up going 1 tank 3 heals 6 DPS for the fight, it worked pretty well actually once we got the fight down, and my warrior tank friend is extremely lucky, he not only got the trinket today, he also got Soul Blade from BoT Trash when we had went after just to farm it some to try for BoEs.
I would say hold out on Al'Akir and read up on him a bit more and watch videos, his mechanics are very strict if you are not careful you will wind up dead. My guild went after Al'Akir after we downed Atramades in Blackwing Descent, and Valiona and Theralion in Bastion of Twilight.
Old 2011-01-20, 14:03   Link #6943
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
I would say hold out on Al'Akir and read up on him a bit more and watch videos, his mechanics are very strict if you are not careful you will wind up dead. My guild went after Al'Akir after we downed Atramades in Blackwing Descent, and Valiona and Theralion in Bastion of Twilight.
I had watched the video, and read on the fight anyways , so for a healer the first two phases don't look super complicated, but the last phase looked fairly tricky to pull off.
MAL
Old 2011-01-20, 15:22   Link #6944
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I had watched the video, and read on the fight anyways , so for a healer the first two phases don't look super complicated, but the last phase looked fairly tricky to pull off.
Phase 2 is basically the only thing you should be worrying about, phase 1 is purely based on how you handle the mechanics and not get blasted off the platform and die. When you reach phase 2, it's purely all based on positioning and grouping up at the right time. As well as moving up and down, really complicated but a few tries and you will eventually get it
Old 2011-01-20, 17:50   Link #6945
Xacual

Well there goes my guess, Sinestra lasted less than a week after Paragon got to her.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 19:16   Link #6946
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Well there goes my guess, Sinestra lasted less than a week after Paragon got to her.
Paragon sure is fast.... Already got Sinestra down..
Old 2011-01-20, 22:32   Link #6947
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Phase 2 is basically the only thing you should be worrying about, phase 1 is purely based on how you handle the mechanics and not get blasted off the platform and die. When you reach phase 2, it's purely all based on positioning and grouping up at the right time. As well as moving up and down, really complicated but a few tries and you will eventually get it
Well phase 2 looks more like a DPS thing to deal with than a healer thing , so I am not worried about it personally, and the third phase is Air phase, not the second as he as different ones at 100~80%, 80~25% and 25~0% at least according the video of the fight I saw.
MAL
Old 2011-01-20, 23:15   Link #6948
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Well phase 2 looks more like a DPS thing to deal with than a healer thing , so I am not worried about it personally, and the third phase is Air phase, not the second as he as different ones at 100~80%, 80~25% and 25~0% at least according the video of the fight I saw.
True, but I just find it easier for myself to call the Air phase the 2nd phase.
Old 2011-01-21, 20:56   Link #6949
Westlo
Lets be reality

Can you still DE the Epic Alch Trinket atm? I know a fix is in the works to make it so you can't but has that taken place yet?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 21:34   Link #6950
GDB

Looks like it was a hotfix, so doesn't seem you're able to anymore.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 22:06   Link #6951
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Looks like it was a hotfix, so doesn't seem you're able to anymore.
Yup and Maelstorm crystal prices are soaring , on a related note I made 6k thanks to this and BH group letting me get two pieces of gear no1 wanted and DEing them[rogue tier 11 hands and some PVP item] .
MAL
Old 2011-01-21, 22:08   Link #6952
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

So many ways to get a good amount of money... Yet I'm stuck in the poor state since I have no professions maxed out to help me out..
Old 2011-01-21, 22:13   Link #6953
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
So many ways to get a good amount of money... Yet I'm stuck in the poor state since I have no professions maxed out to help me out..
Really? , I've had zero trouble making gold since cata hit, I've gotten my epic holy shield, and chest crafted, 310% flying on my main, 280% flying on my alt, and I brought epic holy valor boots from a friend today for 20k , and now putting my resources towards darkmoon cards.

What Professions do you have hooves?
MAL
Old 2011-01-21, 22:22   Link #6954
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Really? , I've had zero trouble making gold since cata hit, I've gotten my epic holy shield, and chest crafted, 310% flying on my main, 280% flying on my alt, and I brought epic holy valor boots from a friend today for 20k , and now putting my resources towards darkmoon cards.

What Professions do you have hooves?
Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting (level range is 325) the two most expensive professions in my opinion, and leaving me bankrupt.
Old 2011-01-21, 22:28   Link #6955
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting (level range is 325) the two most expensive professions in my opinion, and leaving me bankrupt.
<_< I really hope you having alt with mining , or else ya that's a tough position, I have herb[free gold/darkmoon card mats ftw ] and enchanting [oh self providing mats for my profession is great ].
MAL
Old 2011-01-21, 22:31   Link #6956
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
<_< I really hope you having alt with mining , or else ya that's a tough position, I have herb[free gold/darkmoon card mats ftw ] and enchanting [oh self providing mats for my profession is great ].
I was working on an alt, but leveling all the way to 85 once again really keeps me away from that
Old 2011-01-21, 22:42   Link #6957
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
I was working on an alt, but leveling all the way to 85 once again really keeps me away from that
Seeing as my alt is at 73 now, and I keep getting distracted from leveling I kind of understand how you feel . But you should only need your alt to be 60 for flying really to mine most of the stuff you'd need at point your professions are at. [Though I've dumped more gold on my alt's prof than I probably should so She has 446 skinning and 450 LW atm <_<].

Also random question are resistance aura/totem, racial resistances, and Blessing of Kings/Mark of Wild/Shadow Protection suppose to not stack at all, or is this bug?
MAL
Old 2011-01-21, 22:52   Link #6958
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Also random question are resistance aura/totem, racial resistances, and Blessing of Kings/Mark of Wild/Shadow Protection suppose to not stack at all, or is this bug?
I believe they made it so they don't stack on purpose so people don't have too much resistance that makes them able to survive a 100k shot from a boss.
Old 2011-01-21, 22:59   Link #6959
Xacual

Resist buffs use to stack back in vanilla. It was actually pretty much the designed strat on bosses that you had to stack all the resists you could so that you would negate most of the boss damage. Blizz has tried to move away from resists being anything other than just a nice extra damage reduction for magic effects.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 23:02   Link #6960
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Resist buffs use to stack back in vanilla. It was actually pretty much the designed strat on bosses that you had to stack all the resists you could so that you would negate most of the boss damage. Blizz has tried to move away from resists being anything other than just a nice extra damage reduction for magic effects.
Correct, during Vanilla you needed quite alot of Fire Resistance in order to survive Nefarian's constant beating on you with flame breaths. Especially in a more fire-based fight like Ragnaros, or Onyxia. There was also the major frost resistance needed for Sapphiron which seems to have been tweaked down quite alot when he was reintroduced in Wotlk, so resistance is no longer needed after Wotlk was released.

During BC, resistance was a minor requirement sometimes, but it was major during fights like Illidan Stormrage where if you choose to have a warlock tank during his demon phase to soak up the damage with all the resistance armor on.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows