AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-04-21, 03:49   Link #681
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
On 2channel, there are already seven threads of the "Suzumiya Haruhi is a KyoAni employees' self-promoting shitty anime" title: over 6000 posts from people who hate the show. But about 300 posts in the past four hours in the 64th thread of the pro-SH posts.
Oh wow. How blind can people be to one of the first genuinely unique anime in a long time? It just goes to show that you can't make something without the basic anime staples, let alone something that parodies them with any amount of intelligent wit, without expecting some sort of popular backlash. Kudos to the numerous people who actually get it, though.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 05:01   Link #682
mr.muffin

Quote:
And I do think the opposition to it helps fan the flames. "All publicity is good publicity." On 2channel, there are already seven threads of the "Suzumiya Haruhi is a KyoAni employees' self-promoting shitty anime" title: over 6000 posts from people who hate the show. But about 300 posts in the past four hours in the 64th thread of the pro-SH posts.
The amount of Haruhi related posts on 2ch never fails to amaze me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
Didn't know 2ch had such nice ascii artwork! Found some after following the link and browsing around.
mr.muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 08:43   Link #683
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Gokurou-sama to everyone who chased down the formulae, etc. This reminds me of PaniPoni Dash.
PPD with a plot, no less. And the animation is gorgeous, but it's KyoAni, so that's to be expected.
Old 2006-04-21, 08:51   Link #684
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
i like the way Kyoani use cgi but in sublte to mix with the cel, not like gonzo who use it everywhere.

Old 2006-04-21, 09:45   Link #685
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
i like the way Kyoani use cgi but in sublte to mix with the cel, not like gonzo who use it everywhere.

cels aren't used in any anime anymore
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 10:05   Link #686
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
I like the way i like the way Kyoani use cgi but in sublte to mix with the cgi, not like gonzo who use it everywhere.
Old 2006-04-21, 10:46   Link #687
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

you're easily pleased, Onizuka
Old 2006-04-21, 18:22   Link #688
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.muffin
The amount of Haruhi related posts on 2ch never fails to amaze me...
Well, if it makes you any happier, there is also a thread that bashes Studio Deen's F/SN that has over 8000 posts.

But the studio got it coming, or so they say.
Old 2006-04-21, 19:24   Link #689
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Well, if it makes you any happier, there is also a thread that bashes Studio Deen's F/SN that has over 8000 posts.
If you look at the thread list, you'll see that there's pretty much a bash thread for every popular anime out there.

Quote:
Today, within three weeks of its debut, The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi has already caught up to Fate/Stay Night, reaching its own 64th thread. This is a phenomenon.
If you really want to count, you can include this too:
http://ankadeblog.web.fc2.com/log.html
There has been 42 threads simply on the topic of "Make Suzumiya Haruhi's ED Oricon No.1" project (a similar project happened last year with Negima's anime OP "Happy Material"). So there's 42,000 more posts right there.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 19:28   Link #690
Adigard

Quote:
But the studio got it coming, or so they say.

I wonder how many of those anti-Studio Deen threads include pictures of that Dragon? >_>;;
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 21:16   Link #691
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

eeeeh.

dragon? O_o
Old 2006-04-21, 21:28   Link #692
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Any popular series will always have bashers. There are people whose mentality is that if it's popular, it's bad. We all know this due to the fans, who are so rapid that they're already incoherent (this can be seen very much in Naruto fans, though I'm not targeting anybody).

The casual viewers of Haruhi over at 4chan don't like the way "Haruhi-tards" seem to hijack every thread and turn it to a Haruhi thread.
Quote:
eeeeh.
dragon? O_o
IIRC, there was a CG of a dragon in F/SN. I heard it was horrible beyond belief.

Last edited by celcius; 2006-04-21 at 22:46.
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 23:27   Link #693
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius
IIRC, there was a CG of a dragon in F/SN. I heard it was horrible beyond belief.
Because my experience with F/SN isn't all that deep... I'm going to mightly attempt to refrain from saying "JAM IT IN!!!"

oh wait... shoot >_>;;

photobucket image blatantly stolen from the F/SN threads ^^;;

Basically they replaced a scene of male protagonist A... err... getting inside female protagonist B in order to... umm... recharge her with the dragon you see linked above. That's actually a pretty damn vast oversimplification... but hey... look... crappy CG Dragon!
Old 2006-04-22, 00:13   Link #694
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Among the anime that started in January, Fate/Stay Night is by far the most popular on the massive Japanese board 2channel. It is now on its 64th thread, each thread containing about 1000 posts.

Today, within three weeks of its debut, The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi has already caught up to Fate/Stay Night, reaching its own 64th thread. This is a phenomenon.

I realized yesterday that if this show maintains the high level it has kept through three episodes, I may have to consider it the greatest anime of all time. From what novel-readers say, the material is there.
If this translates to ratings, could it mean a longer season (more than 14 episodes), or a definite second season? 'Cause really, we all could use more Haruhi!
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 00:52   Link #695
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
I'm pretty sure he's refering to the styles we usually think of when the terms CGI and Cel come up. ie: shiny 3d vs. matte textures and 2d animation. I too dislike when there's a blatant use of 3d CGI type effects in a typical 2d animation sequence. Most recently there was the F/SN debacle, but there have been many others, like some of the Archanagel flyby scenes in Gundam Seed. Kyoto does a good job in using CGI effects like over exposure to give depth and brilliance to the scene without making you think that it's CG.

Anyway, I sincerely hope that Haruhi is much longer than 13 or 14 episodes. It's too good to be cut short. I love this show!
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 00:56   Link #696
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi
If this translates to ratings, could it mean a longer season (more than 14 episodes), or a definite second season? 'Cause really, we all could use more Haruhi!
Well... no... it doesn't translate to ratings.

And ratings for Anime is a pointless thing anyway, since most companies pay money to have their anime shown on TV (unless the industry has changed pretty drastically). Add to the fact that most Anime (this one included) airs after midnight in Japan (or at other equally unlikely hours)... when most fans are likely asleep. That's obviously not the case with Haruhi, you can see the screen caps flooding 2chan as the episode airs. But since many anime shows are aired in the middle of the night, the fans are DVR'ing or Tivo'ing the episodes for later playback. So any true ratings system wouldn't really catch their viewings anyway. It's a very non-American system, so it's hard to draw concrete examples... And it's an industry I don't understand fully myself.

What really translates best to ratings is merchandise sales... and that's what will be interesting to watch for. But Kaoru Chujo is absolutely spot on. It's an amazing phenomenon. It's going to be really interesting to see what this means. Besides, regardless of how well it does I can't really see KyoAni extending this season, or creating an immediate second season a la the American TV industry you might be thinking of. Although, I'd love to see it myself, if they manage to keep the quality consistent and the storyline as powerful as it has been up till now.

But it's going to be fascinating to see what happens moving forward.

//EDIT: Prodigious... It's very possible the show is only intended for 13(+1) or 14 episodes... so it won't be "cut short" as you put it... but we'll have to watch and see what KyoAni does with the volumes (literally... bad pun, sorry ^^; of source material they have to work with. I'd love to see a continuation of the series next year. But KyoAni pumping out more episodes immediately after this run... is just... a little out of whack of how the Animation industry seems to conventially work.

Last edited by Adigard; 2006-04-22 at 01:08.
Old 2006-04-22, 10:53   Link #697
NeoSam

As I mentioned on the Suzumiya Haruhi novel and manga thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Volume 8 of the seinen novel Suzumiya Haruhi will be released on 1/5/2006 (May 1st, 2006).

Here its cover:

Seinen novel

The first volume of the new Suzumiya Haruhi manga will be released on 26/4/2006.

Here its cover:

Serialized in: Shounen Ace

Covers will be added to the first post of this thread :P
Covers of the seinen novel and manga were added with the other covers of the novel and manga in the first post of this thread.

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-04-22 at 11:08.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 12:33   Link #698
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

"Little" offtop:

WHY THE HELL HARUHI IS NOT REAL?!?!?!? WHY THE HELL THERE ARE NO GIRLS LIKE HER?! WHY?!?! WHY??!?!?! WE WOULD MAKE A PERFECT COUPLE! P-E-R-F-E-C-T! You hear me? PERFECT!!!

Her personality is just liek mine (I dun liek phonecalls, I dun liek "square" people, and I think that there are only worthless girls on this planet...), she`s so damn cute AND SHE LIKES ALIENS AND OTHER STUF LIEK THAT!!!! (I wonder if she likes FF or Fantasy is overall... WHAT?! I AM WONDERING ABOUT ARTIFICIAL GIRL`S TASTES?!?!?!?!? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME?!??!?!)
Old 2006-04-22, 21:46   Link #699
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

oookaaaay....... >.>;

Haruhi anyone?

*counts the minutes until episode 04 airs*

Old 2006-04-22, 22:10   Link #700
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO

oookaaaay....... >.>;

Haruhi anyone?

*counts the minutes until episode 04 airs*

Awaiting the new episode and the corresponding thread to be made. Hoping for a raw to come out within 4 hours of airing it
Shirobane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen