AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-10, 20:38   Link #681
Dralha

Cool, an episode that focuses on Ayaka...

Spoiler for Episode 10:
Old 2011-09-10, 20:38   Link #682
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Ravenblitz: Who's that? And why is she wearing Alice's clothes?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 20:49   Link #683
Zhaxra

*sigh* (I rarely say anything on these boards as I'm not good with words...)

For those that think that *SPOILER GIRL* is still alive, I suggest you re-watch the ending again. The MC's narration mention's:
"...I wouldn't have had to open that one page written in God's Memo Pad." (Approx at 21:30)

Now reference that statement with what Alice explained about detectives way back in Episode 1:
"...the information dug up by detectives is nothing more than facts already noted in God's Memo Pad." (Approx at 21:00)

It is pretty clear that *SPOILER GIRL* is dead. There should be no doubts at all.

Oh, and count me in as one of those who would have been pissed off at those people posting spoilers if I hadn't seen the episode first. Because I liked *SPOILER GIRL*.

Okay, it's back to lurking...
Old 2011-09-10, 20:49   Link #684
sleepingleo

The following picture should destroy every disscusion about the RIP thing or not. Unless LN readers prove otherwise, watch only under your own spoiler risk:

Spoiler:

Again, LN readers might prove whether or not this status is canon.

Last edited by sleepingleo; 2011-09-11 at 00:13. Reason: Pic removed cause someone said this is not allowed
sleepingleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 21:11   Link #685
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingleo View Post
The following picture should destroy every disscusion about the RIP thing or not. Unless LN readers prove otherwise, watch only under your own spoiler risk:
This would count as a spoiler since the manga skipped volume 1 and started at 2.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 21:20   Link #686
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

Spoiler for Ayaka-Status Discussion Breaker:

But the anime is not following the manga so Ayaka is Shrodinger's cat until next week.
Old 2011-09-10, 21:47   Link #687
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:

Spoiler for Ayaka-Status Discussion Breaker:

Just because it was in the manga or novel doesn't mean it will be in the anime.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 21:59   Link #688
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Erm, I didn't say anything about you not blogging- In fact, I didn't say anything about people not making comments or post here about the show.

My remark was for the people who said they'll drop the show, but suddenly are still in the loop about what's going on. And since you never stopped watching it but just not saying anything... Well, then that remark wasn't directed at you
Well - I just saw that "Wink wink" posted as a reply to my post and I was wondering if I was missing something. No harm done.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 22:30   Link #689
sleepingleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Just because it was in the manga or novel doesn't mean it will be in the anime.
And that's also the definition of canon. If the base for the anime was the LN, the anime should follow the plot. As far as i've read the timeline was seriously modified, but the plot was not. So if they don't follow the LN plot that shouldn't be called a canonical event. And in my opinion, kill or not kill a character is a plot modifier.
Old 2011-09-10, 23:03   Link #690
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
And that's also the definition of canon. If the base for the anime was the LN, the anime should follow the plot. As far as i've read the timeline was seriously modified, but the plot was not. So if they don't follow the LN plot that shouldn't be called a canonical event. And in my opinion, kill or not kill a character is a plot modifier.
Anime adaptations are not automatically obliged to follow the source. It is up to the production committee/staff if they want to make any significant changes or just stay as faithful as possible. In the end, just because they have been relatively faithful to the source canon till now, JC Staff could have chosen to do something drastic for the finale or they could have not. We'll just have to find out when the next ep airs.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 23:15   Link #691
orion

Quote:
Well apparently this suicide site notes that if you jump from a height of 150 ft on land it's 95-98% fatal. Basically, you need a 10 story building. A jump too low like 4 stories does have a high survival rate but you get brain damage if you land on your head, spine fracture, pelvic fracture, major bone fractures. Site also mentions survival up to 7 stories but you have to worry about brain damage and those fractures.

It's not like she's going to be walking away from her injuries without a care in the world if she survives. She's screwed if she survives or dies.

Last edited by orion; 2011-09-10 at 23:27.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 23:21   Link #692
sleepingleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Anime adaptations are not automatically obliged to follow the source. It is up to the production committee/staff if they want to make any significant changes or just stay as faithful as possible. In the end, just because they have been relatively faithful to the source canon till now, JC Staff could have chosen to do something drastic for the finale or they could have not. We'll just have to find out when the next ep airs.

*sigh* Of course it's obvious they are not obliged to follow. It's whether they follow the base or not what gives them the status of "canon". That's all i am saying.

W/e. That's why I tried to stress the word "SHOULD", what is expected is that they follow the base, the novel, what they actually DO is a different matter.

I just don't see why if maybe JC Staff might be trying to create new a franchise, now that Shana and Zero no Tsukaima are about to end, they would try to go for something original noncanon and hell-hard to fix as a death would be, making the posibility of a future sequel for Kamimemo even harder. That would be imo stupid. I'm seriously dying to see what JCStaff will do to patch the horrible mistake they did by not introducing the presence SoF in Shana in the second season (but that's a way different matter).

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well apparently this suicide site notes that if you jump from a height of 150 ft on land it's 95-98% fatal. Basically, you need a 10 story building. A jump too low like 4 stories does have a high survival rate but you get brain damage if you land on your head, spine fracture, pelvic fracture, major bone fractures...

It's not like she's going to be walking away from her injuries without a care in the world if she survives.
Well, i was just trying to clarify the death thingy, potential vegetable and dead, in practical terms might be the same, in strict terms are not.
Old 2011-09-10, 23:37   Link #693
Shadow5YA

Pretty sure novel spoilers aren't allowed in a topic about the anime. I was trying to keep the discussion exclusively based on what's been shown in the TV show, but if you really obsessed about who's right or wrong, just check the wikipedia entry on the series and look at Ayaka's description if you want be spoiled on what happens to her.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 23:42   Link #694
orion

Quote:
Well, i was just trying to clarify the death thingy, potential vegetable and dead, in practical terms might be the same, in strict terms are not.

Vegetable state
and dead are not the same. The manga obviously was trying to give some hope since it's chapter 1. The anime doesn't have that problem and can be very realistic since we're at the end of the run here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Pretty sure novel spoilers aren't allowed in a topic about the anime. I was trying to keep the discussion exclusively based on what's been shown in the TV show, but if you really obsessed about who's right or wrong, just check the wikipedia entry on the series and look at Ayaka's description if you want be spoiled on what happens to her.
But the anime may take a different route since it's different from the manga. It's best to wait and see next week.
Old 2011-09-10, 23:46   Link #695
Shadow5YA

Quote:

Vegetable state
and dead are not the same. The manga obviously was trying to give some hope since it's chapter 1. The anime doesn't have that problem and can be very realistic since we're at the end of the run here.
Here's a third possibility: a coma with possibility of some brain damage, shown in some form like a loss of memory.

As stated before, there are other possibilities other than death. It's not set in stone that Ayaka has died.

Quote:
But the anime may take a different route since it's different from the manga. It's best to wait and see next week.
Jesus... you people really want Ayaka dead or something?
Old 2011-09-10, 23:52   Link #696
orion

Quote:
Here's a third possibility: a coma with possibility of some brain damage, shown in some form like a loss of memory.

You're making the assumption that the manga changed Ayaka's fate.
You're going into spoiler territory but

Spoiler for answer:

Quote:
Jesus... you people really want Ayaka dead or something?
She did a low jump suicide attempt. She's expected to experience grave consequences or death. Walking away a happy camper is not an expected outcome.
Old 2011-09-11, 00:00   Link #697
Shadow5YA

Quote:
You're going into spoiler territory but

Spoiler for answer:
Now you're going into writer intentions as if you know what the writer is up to.

You don't know whether the manga "let her off easy". You don't know the writer's intentions in the light novels either.

We don't know whether Ayaka is dead. You don't know whether Ayaka is supposed to be dead. None of this is shown. You and your precious preview does not establish Ayaka's death, nor does it show what the director or scriptwriter are thinking.

All we have been shown is that Ayaka fell off the school building, badly injuring herself and rendered unconscious. What we can take from this is that she will be absent from school because of her injuries, regardless of whether she survives or not. This confirms nothing about her death or survival or the writer's intentions.

Quote:
She did a low jump suicide attempt. She's expected to experience grave consequences or death. Walking away a happy camper is not an expected outcome.
And for the umpteenth time, there are "grave consequences" other than death. I never promised she would walk away a happy camper, only that we can't call her dead yet.
Old 2011-09-11, 00:05   Link #698
sleepingleo

Quote:

Vegetable state

Dude, please read the complete line, I was trying to do a bad joke, you DID'T see what i did thar!. Of course they are not the same, i said "in practical terms", meaning having someone who has no conscience and never will have it back (NOTE: THIS DOES NOT POINT ANY CHARACTER, is offtopic, its just a general form of speaking), and that keeping alive the body only by using the support of machines is in practice, is a hard to explain wording but anyone with less than high-school level of eductaion knows that practice and theory(formalism) are different, someone who is already dead. In formal terms it's alive.

*sigh* People here are just eager to go trigger happy
Old 2011-09-11, 00:08   Link #699
orion

Quote:
Now you're going into writer intentions as if you know what the writer is up to.

You don't know whether the manga "let her off easy". You don't know the writer's intentions in the light novels either.

We don't know whether Ayaka is dead. You don't know whether Ayaka is supposed to be dead. None of this is shown. You and your precious preview does not establish Ayaka's death, nor does it show what the director or scriptwriter are thinking.

All we have been shown is that Ayaka fell off the school building, badly injuring herself and rendered unconscious. What we can take from this is that she will be absent from school because of her injuries, regardless of whether she survives or not. This confirms nothing about her death or survival or the writer's intentions.

And for the umpteenth time, there are "grave consequences" other than death. I never promised she would walk away a happy camper, only that we can't call her dead yet.
Yes there are grave consequences than death. So if she's walking with only memory loss, then she got off easy.

Her options are brain damage and bad injuries or death.

We can agree to disagree until the next episode airs.
Old 2011-09-11, 00:15   Link #700
Raiga
tl;dr

I'd like to lighten the mood here with this most irreverent image.

Spoiler for Size:

Tags
bromance, comedy, drama, slice of life