AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-05-05, 21:27   Link #681
tkdtiger

I was doing pretty well with Fei Long. well up until my hands got tired lol But really I was surprised how I was able to pressure quite a few Sagat players with him, only issue if I miss his recovery time between some moves allows for some major opening for the opponent.

I'm not playing Juri as well. As I get more and more comfortable with her moves I'm finding that she's quite strong. I did feel that the game play for Ryu and Ken had changed quite abit. I normally do better with them, because their moves set is normally a little easier, but recently I've been doing better with Fei Long. My favorite character is Guile at least from street fighter II...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 10:12   Link #682
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Here some combos with Fei Long 85 hit combos :

Don't worry it's a bug which is only usable on Juri , a fix soon ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 10:55   Link #683
Tsuchi

So Zangief's new Ultra does only need for just him to be on air? Or is it specific for Sagat, or for doing after a Focus Attack?

Also lol at that loop. I hope Capcom fixes that soon.

Back to Zang, I've heard that his special grabs' damage was nerfed and that makes me frown. Is this true?
Tsuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 14:17   Link #684
tkdtiger

I was hoping to make guile my main, but I can't play him well... so I'll just stilck with fei long, but I'm thinking of using Juri more.
Old 2010-05-12, 02:43   Link #685
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Any news of tier lists yet for SSF4?

It's just there's a casual tournament coming up soon (in particular, at Anime North 2010), and I don't have time to practice against all the characters. At least with tier lists, I can practice my game against the higher tier characters and mostly ignore the lower tiers lol.

Then again, last year, a pad-using El Fuerte won the double-elimination tourney (yeah, beating an excellent Boxer, Ryu, and Sagat IIRC), so tier list might not help at all. But still good to know what to expect people using.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 03:18   Link #686
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Any news of tier lists yet for SSF4?
Here's a very prelimanry one, still very lolzing at this stage of the game.. not to long after vanilla release Bison was top tier, Ken was the strongest shoto and Akuma was the worst version of Akuma ever. All those things were laughably wrong...

Quote:
S: No applicable
A +: Rufus Abel Sagat
A: Dhalsim Dictator Ryu Ken Akuma Ibuki E.Honda Boxer Chun Li Guile
B +: Deejay T.Hawk Viper Zangief Dudley Seth Rose
B: Fuerte Adon Claw Blanka Cammy Cody Juri Gouken
C +: Makoto Feilong Sakura Hakan Guy Gen
C: Dan
Tiers are way more compressed than in vanilla, vanilla was already a very well balanced fighter and Super seems to improve that. The mid tier for this is going to be huge... like Tekken 6.

Rufus, Boxer, Akuma didn't really lose much, Ryu lost a bit more but is still very good, Sagat is still very deadly in the hands of skilled players. Chun Li, Guile, Dhalsim and Ken are much better in this game.

Last edited by Westlo; 2010-05-12 at 03:50.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 08:29   Link #687
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Thanks! Now I gotta go hook up with me friends who play Abel, Sim, and Guile, admittedly three opponents I haven't played much against in vanilla as they weren't that popular.

And yeah, I knew Ibuki would be up there. I've seen some combos on video, and her offense is particularly noteworthy. >_<

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)

Last edited by DragoonKain3; 2010-05-12 at 08:39.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 08:41   Link #688
Westlo
Lets be reality

I played an Ibuki who took me from like 100% to 40% and left me stunned in just two combos... still won the round and fight.. but god damn..
Old 2010-05-12, 23:07   Link #689
tkdtiger

I don't look at tiers too much...With some characters they actually fluctuate quite a bit.. I saw the ones for Fei Long he seemed to stay in the B range, but I've seen him as low as C+ (mind you he was one away from being listed on the B...)and as high as A...He just seems to fluctuate alot...I was going to look at some of the other characters but I didn't get the chance to. Just Fei Long since I want him to be my main...but I'm still leaning toward Juri...I still can't perform the CW on my controller
Old 2010-05-13, 08:07   Link #690
Westlo
Lets be reality

Juri's concept art, wish the top left one was the final design.. still the final design is the second best one so it could've been worse.

Old 2010-05-13, 19:13   Link #691
Xion Valkyrie

I dunno, I kind of like the eye patch one. Reminds me of Big Boss. Also, how come the character art doesnt' have the thunders thighs or the gigantic feet?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 22:10   Link #692
tkdtiger

I finally did the CW lol, but I have trouble pulling it off consistently...
Old 2010-05-14, 14:18   Link #693
Tsuchi

SSFIV Tier list from IPlayWinner. I'm glad to see Zangief still kickin', but for some reason I expected more from Hakan.

Also, while I heard several times that Dudley was overpowered... it doesn't seem like that.

I don't exactly remember the latest SFIV list, but this one does indeed look more balanced. Lol Dan.
Tsuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 17:35   Link #694
Westlo
Lets be reality

That's pretty much a Norcal Tier list more than anything else and Ricky Ortiz is their best player (arguably top 5 American player too) and he uses Rufus..

There's no way that Ken Vs Dan or Hakan is 5-5, those match ups should be 6-4 Ken's favor. It's silly that Ken has the tools to 5-5 nearly every top tier character that's not a grappler yet he's even with Dan and Hakan as well?

I disagree with T Hawk being a bad match up as well, T Hawk cannot use Condor Dive against a Ken with Ultra II. Gief's I smash pretty easy unless they're top notch and above my skill level... Abel I don't know.. I get bodied by arguably Australia's best Abel online heaps... but his level of skill is way above mine so I can't judge that match up. I guess with Breathless it is a negative.

Personally feel that Dictator, Boxer and Sim are Ken's hardest matchups, at least for my skill level they are. Sim's kinda free once in though so 5-5 sounds right.. top level Ken's use option selects on Dictator once knocked down so who knows.

EDIT - Sakura and especially Rose's rankings are also pretty lolz.

Last edited by Westlo; 2010-05-14 at 17:49.
Old 2010-05-15, 12:48   Link #695
tkdtiger

Well I think I'm starting to get the hang of guile : ) He's now my main...Just have too much trouble playing failong with a controller
Old 2010-05-29, 03:59   Link #696
Westlo
Lets be reality

I like all the costumes for the Femme Fatale pack except for Chun Li's.

Cammy's is pretty good and an actual nod to her being the next body for Dictator @ one stage. Really liking colors 1, 5, 8 & 10.

Rose's is nice, her second Ultra is like what me show off my tits lol. Sakura's makes her look slightly older and Vipers is pretty good too.

As for the game I'm slowly transitioning from Ken to Cammy, really working on getting my links and combos down now too compared to my more simpler play style from before. Really enjoy playing with Cammy, she's the rushdown character I've been waiting for, her lk cross up being added in Super has made her so much better than vanilla, and far st hk is nice now too.

EDIT - Got a 60% win rate with Cammy since I've been learning her in Ranked for the most part but looking at my opponent breakdown I've got a 12.5% win rate against Boxers. God I suck at this match up... even with Ken I'm 50/50 at best with same skill Boxers..

Last edited by Westlo; 2010-05-29 at 12:51.
Old 2010-05-29, 13:16   Link #697
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
looking at my opponent breakdown I've got a 12.5% win rate against Boxers. God I suck at this match up... even with Ken I'm 50/50 at best with same skill Boxers..
You're being too hard on yourself. Balrog has great tools for offense and turtling, so it's hard for even the top tier characters to beat him, let alone Cammy.
Old 2010-05-30, 01:37   Link #698
brocko

Yep i really really do detest the Boxer match-up myself as well (Ken mainer here too lol). But I think I've played enough Rog's to stand a good fighting chance against a decent one now.

Been playing a little bit of Super every week on Fridays between classes and what not for the last few weeks or so thanks to the Uni's game club bringing the game out for play. Just mainly been messing around with the new characters before running back to Ken whenever i run into some stiff competition lol I think I enjoy playing with Ibuki the best out of the 10 newcomers. Juri doesn't seem bad and i assume she gets even more fun once you learn her, but frankly i don't even get the luxury to even do that.

So many things i want to try out and do but i can't since i don't own the game (flash kick FADCing to sunglasses being one of them lol ), woe is me i guess

Also this is what they bring out for us to play on. It sucks don't even think of getting one, it's horrid to play on
http://www.xgaming.com/store/categor...e-controllers/

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 19:53   Link #699
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/5/3...ro-videos.html

One of the best parts of NCR this year were the intro videos for each game. They're all great, but my fave is definitely HDR intro with CvS2 close behind (which hasn't been uploaded yet).
Old 2010-06-11, 04:02   Link #700
Westlo
Lets be reality

Ah man I got put on blast in a combo video lol.

@ 1:43

Somehow won that match IIRC but he than switched to his main in Abel and proceeded to dominate His Abel is beastly... best one I've played easily and one of the best Abels in Australia.

Tags
capcom, fighting, ps3, recycling, windows, xbox360