Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-03-31, 22:44   Link #681
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

L O L.

That is brilliant, even moreso if it makes it into the actual game.
Old 2014-04-01, 21:48   Link #682
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm finding that Frost and Trinity users are incredibly frustrating if they join ODDs meant for leveling. Frosts make explosive weapons useless with constant snowglobes, and Trinities with Stugs make it pretty much impossible for anyone else to even land a kill.
Old 2014-04-01, 21:51   Link #683
demino_hellsin
That one guy

1. Those frost players are idiots then, the only place you have to globe is the pod.

2. If the trinities are doing their job spamming blessing then it's all good. As someone who plays trinity, the annoying part is when you can't kill enough to get energy orbs. If blessing stops, they fall and eventually the team falls.

Kind of the same principle I learned with Nova... you spam ult not to steal kills, but because that's the highest chance of survival you have.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 22:10   Link #684
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

On ODD you don't even really need a Snowglobe at all, and while they have been surrounding the pod with it, the area they cast it on differs, and frankly all they're doing is making it difficult to hit targets that are already at the pod. Snowglobe blocks all projectiles, not just enemy shots. If it were against the Grineer, Corpus, or Corrupted, I could see the necessity of Snowglobe. ODD has melee attackers only, so Snowglobe's only a hindrance.

Well, the Trinity that was on the team of the last ODD I played... he wasn't using Blessing. He was just using Link, and hitting himself with the Stug constantly. He pretty much killed every enemy in the match before I left, and made it next to impossible for anyone else to kill anything. It was reaching as far as the enemies entering the room, so even peripheral EXP gain wasn't happening, simply because no one else was nearby. Not a good thing when everyone else has weapons or Warframes they're trying to rank up.

I use a Nova myself during ODD, but Jesus. I only hit MP if someone goes down, so enemies get cleared out instantly and ensure no one attacks whoever goes to revive him.
Old 2014-04-01, 22:15   Link #685
demino_hellsin
That one guy

1. That's why we tend to stay inside the snowglobe. If anything gets in, it slows down. If anything is outside, the shots won't bounce.

2. that is nt a good trinity player at all.

3. I don't have the guns to compensate so my choice is pretty much MP every time I'm confronted by more than 5 enemies.
Old 2014-04-02, 01:48   Link #686
Orattvisa

I play as a frost. For ODD I'll tend to cast a globe at a choke point and stay inside to shoot any approaching. The pod in my opinion is not a good place to cast a globe unless the entire team stays inside it.
Orattvisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 02:20   Link #687
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

See, that kind of Frost usage I could handle.
Old 2014-04-02, 03:22   Link #688
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I have been leveling my Frost Prime on ODD. I'll cast Avalanche instead of Snow Globe to try and do some extra damage. Since I usually stand on one of the lampposts, I'm fine.

Best is of course a Vauban on ODD, to spam either Bastille or Vortex for leveling. Nova to clear mobs if they get too powerful. Rhino works to draw aggro and make sure enemies come for him and the pod - at which point he slams his foot down.

And I can't say it enough. Rhino Prime + Boltor Prime = Glorious.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 03:27   Link #689
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'd say Vortex over Bastille. Gets them all in one place, and makes short work of them if someone has a Penta or Ogris. I typically take my Penta--been leveling, having put five forma in it now--and Snowglobe or Bastille just makes it more annoying or difficult to hit enemies with the Penta.
Old 2014-04-02, 03:42   Link #690
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
1. That's why we tend to stay inside the snowglobe. If anything gets in, it slows down. If anything is outside, the shots won't bounce.
When I play ODD I usually take a Penta, which along with the Ogris makes the mission a piece of cake. I just stand on a pillar and lob grenades the whole mission. It's an easy and stress-free way to level warframes. Snowglobe on the cryopod tends to cause problems for that kind of playstyle.
Old 2014-04-02, 07:51   Link #691
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I stay by the cryo pod since all the enemies go there.
Old 2014-04-02, 12:12   Link #692
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Being by the cryopod's only viable for people not armed with explosive weapons. Unpredictable player movement is not healthy at all for those of us with Pentas or Ogrises thanks to the splash damage. We're safer up on the ledges or pillars, raining death from above--and that's when Snowglobe on the cryopod becomes a nuisance. Especially if it manages to bounce a Penta grenade back at you...
Old 2014-04-02, 16:02   Link #693
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

There's a Ceres thing going on right now. Starting today, there's a 48 hour alert for a Orokin Catalyst. On the 4th, there'll be a 48 hour alert for an Orokin Reactor. And on the 6th, yet another 48 hour alert, for a Forma.

Since it's all going to be in Ceres, I think that the next big update will be happening there.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2014-04-02 at 17:11.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 17:12   Link #694
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'd say Vortex over Bastille. Gets them all in one place, and makes short work of them if someone has a Penta or Ogris. I typically take my Penta--been leveling, having put five forma in it now--and Snowglobe or Bastille just makes it more annoying or difficult to hit enemies with the Penta.
Agreed, but Bastille is better if you're trying to level guns without splash, IMO.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 00:44   Link #695
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
There's a Ceres thing going on right now. Starting today, there's a 48 hour alert for a Orokin Catalyst. On the 4th, there'll be a 48 hour alert for an Orokin Reactor. And on the 6th, yet another 48 hour alert, for a Forma.

Since it's all going to be in Ceres, I think that the next big update will be happening there.
Managed to grab 2 blutatoes off the first alert, because i patiently waited for the first alert to be fixed, then relogging in and doing the alert before it got pulled.

Then i proceeded to make the blutato and then doing the second alert, earning me another one.
Old 2014-04-04, 19:45   Link #696
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So from the latest Devstream, the name of the new Warframe is Hydroid. And two of its abilities are fairly unique: its third power turns it into a puddle, which deals DoT on enemies that step on it, as well as allowing him to evade detection.

His ultimate though is.... summoning tentacles. Yes, TENTACLES.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 20:25   Link #697
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Power perversion potential is going to have a field day with that one, I'm sure.
Old 2014-04-05, 03:14   Link #698
demino_hellsin
That one guy

He and ember may get along better than we thought
Old 2014-04-05, 19:13   Link #699
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

So he's like a perverted T1000, but with water instead of liquid metal?
Old 2014-04-05, 19:20   Link #700
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

ARGH. Missed my chance at a Vauban chassis earlier today. Christ; who the hell knows when THAT will come back around?

Tags
cyborg, fps, ninja