Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-08-28, 21:19   Link #681
Taigyth
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezodiac View Post
Oh? But I wonder why they appear black?
If they were bones of children then why does it appear black?
I have the same thought with you.
I was thinking at first that they were bones of children used for experiments from that ghost town...
But didn't Nadie mention about an epidemic from that town?
I am totally confused.
I hope anyone could clarify it more.
Thanks for your view anyway!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezodiac View Post
Oh? But I wonder why they appear black?
If they were bones of children then why does it appear black?
I have the same thought with you.
I was thinking at first that they were bones of children used for experiments from that ghost town...
But didn't Nadie mention about an epidemic from that town?
I am totally confused.
I hope anyone could clarify it more.
Thanks for your view anyway!
Yes, those indeed are the bones of failed witch experiments. Nadie mentioned that the epidemic was a cover-up for the experiments in the episode. I'm unsure as to why they were black, possibly it was the nature of their deaths or experimentation. After all, they aren't exactly human.
Taigyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 21:23   Link #682
Taigyth
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
Wow, happy end =) and a nice one too.

Spoiler for Any last Words?:

Overall 8.5 points for this show, maybe a little more.
Spoiler for "Any last Words?":

To quote Psgels (a popular blogger) "The second half, however, is where El Cazador really starts to shine. The change of focus I mentioned above basically means that the different cases for each episode get abandoned, and instead the characters start developing. Because they already had been fleshed out by the first half, the results turn out absolutely amazing, with an excellent Shoujo-ai relationship if I say so myself. This continues up to the point where Ellis and Nadie become amazing characters, no matter what they do. When the final quarter began, I found myself not caring about the plot anymore, as long as the characters were on the screen. Now that’s a sign of good development. "

Rosenberg continued the experiments from where the researchers left off because he wanted Ellis' power/power of witches.
Old 2008-09-04, 02:50   Link #683
keikkaishi

Does anyone know how old Nadie and Ellis are?
keikkaishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 10:03   Link #684
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
Originally Posted by keikkaishi View Post
The answer to your question is:

tacos tacos tacos oishi no tacosu......
Old 2008-09-05, 00:23   Link #685
Taigyth
Disabled By Request

Quote:
It is never mentioned in the anime, but most people seem to agree that they are at least 17 years old. Some people think Ellis is younger because she is innocent and in many ways very childish yet she manages to mature in a subtle, magnificent way. Despite her sometimes childish behavior, I believe Ellis is the same age as Nadie. Much like Madlax is the same age as Margaret but acts completely different.
Old 2008-09-06, 16:52   Link #686
keikkaishi

I see thanx. ^_^
Another question then...does the anime ever expanded on Nadie's past? I heard she is the sole surviver of her village, but why was the village destroyed? or how?
keikkaishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 23:54   Link #687
Taigyth
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I see thanx. ^_^
Another question then...does the anime ever expanded on Nadie's past? I heard she is the sole surviver of her village, but why was the village destroyed? or how?
Unfortunately the anime never expands on that part of Nadie's past. I would love another season or an OVA explaining that mystery. Truth be told, I'm such a fan of the series that I bought the Drama CDs hoping they would touch on Nadie's past. The second one does, except it never delves into the mystery behind her village.
Old 2009-02-19, 12:22   Link #688
Asrialys

Licensed
Old 2009-02-19, 12:50   Link #689
4Tran

Funimation has finally announced the license for El Cazador. From: http://funimation.com/f_index.cfm?page=news

Quote:
Flower Mound, TX – February 19, 2009 – FUNimation® Entertainment today announced that it has acquired home entertainment , broadcast, digital, internet, and mobile rights to the 26-episode supernatural adventure anime series El Cazador De La Bruja from D. Rights.

This original series is directed by Koichi Masimo (Hack// Sign, Avenger, Kagaku Ninja-Tai Gatchaman) and produced by Bee Train.

About El Cazador De La Bruja
Ellis is a young girl on the run suffering from amnesia and wanted for murder. She is being hunted down in Mexico by a bounty hunter named Nadie who eventually becomes sympathetic to Ellis and the two embark on a journey to find clues to Ellis' past.

FUNimation Entertainment will release the series in two complete season sets beginning later this year.
Old 2009-02-19, 13:55   Link #690
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I wouldn't mind rewatching El Cazador De La Bruja --- for the music, L.A. and tacos. Nice going Funi.
Old 2009-07-04, 12:07   Link #691
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Here's the people for the FUNIMATION release:

Ellis – Maxey Whitehead
Nadie – Trina Nishimura
Blue-Eyes (AKA Jody Hayward) – Clarine Harp
Douglas Rosenberg – Ian Sinclair
Ricardo – Bob Carter
Lirio – Monica Rial
L.A. – Jamie McGonnigal
Dr. Heinz Schneider – Christopher Bevins

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 09:40   Link #692
Mikoto Misaka
Made in Japan

Evaluation of this series

This series is "9 out of 10 : Excellent"

It is the the opening song and animation that started me on watching this series. Ellis shooting a gun is so sweet.

I had never watched any other works which made a new story and finished it within one episode.
Though the beginnig of each stories is abrupt, every episode has a happy ending. I admire this kind of works.

When it comes to characters, Ellis is my favorite one. Her favorite phrase"Yes,sir" would be impressed on audience. Nadie is a tough and reliable woman. Though she seems to have full breasts, her breasts are actually flat according to the setting. This fact surprised me greatly. I hope their friendship will last forever.
Old 2011-03-01, 22:35   Link #693
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Just finished watching the last episode yesterday.
I only started it because Itou Shizuka is voice actress of Nadie, but I was suprised, the series is actually good.

Spoiler for Episode 14:
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 05:24   Link #694
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
EL REVIEW DE LA TIME

My first thought was «another chicks with guns series». I generally dislike such a premise as it usually is just fan service, in the form of half-naked women, killing hundreds of criminals with big guns. I prefer more sophisticated stories than this silliness. But this series is somewhat a twist to the formula. It is more character-focused and not very kill-anything-that-moves. Still, such a deviation is a step forward to a more emotional and realistic series but also a step backwards to a more boring one as well.

ART & SOUND SECTION: 7/10 [Simple and Clean, like the Kingdom Hearts song says.]
No worries here. The artwork is simple but elegant, voice acting and music themes aren’t memorable but are decent. You will notice that there is a normal amount of fan service and not over-the-top battles. Very pleasing to watch and listen to but not great in any way.

STORY - CHARACTERS - VALUE - ENJOYMENT: 5/10 [Stopped at the point of no return.]

Shy girl is the daughter of a murdered scientist, butchy girl is willing to protect her. How more cliché could the main idea get? As you can tell within 3 seconds of viewing, the shy girl is hunted by criminals, after her father’s research. And yes, there are shoot-outs. And yes, there are mysterious powers going around. And, yes, yes, yes, there is a half-nude scene in almost every episode. Duh, how immature!

On the bright side, none of the above is that far-fetched. The action scenes are kept at reasonable levels and quite far apart from one another. Most of the duration of the series is actually character coloring than pointless gun fights. Yes, it is mostly talking, traveling to various places, learning about peoples’ lives, exploring ancient mysteries and occasionally showing some leg and boobs. Nothing extreme in all.

So, I loved the development of the characters. Although terribly stereotypical, they are colorized in wonderful ways and become quite likable. They don’t act realistically but feel realistically to you. Plus, none is a superhuman that kills a 1000 people with a 6-shooter. 5 normal people at the most, using generally realistic body movements and light ESP powers.

Still, this doesn’t change the fact that this is a series with a terrible main story, very slow development and quite unimportant events. Even the wonderful character coloring falls short before 26 episodes of light action and traveling around the world.

I give a 5 to all 4 sections for being a series of likable characters doing boring things. A half-good attempt, as nothing feels generally great or lame in all.

VERDICT: 5.5 / 10
A movie summary of this series, would be a blast!

SUGGESTION LIST
Silly chicks with guns series: Noir, Black Lagoon, Gunsmith Cats, Burst Angel, Plastic Little, Kiddy Grade
A good series of traveling and learning of the world and its characters in a light action manner: Kino’s Journey
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote