AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-12-26, 18:53   Link #681
Lexan

About KnJ Anime...

Well, As for ep.11, w/o spoiling anything, let's just say Anime version "deviates" from the original manga, hastening the process of Reiji's internal struggle.

Now, for more in depth analysis,
Spoiler for Anime version:

One more thing; I'm disappointed with Anime version for not exploring Shiro-chan's "soft side" enough... She still seems like a B**ch in anime, but a lot more likeable person in manga.
Lexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 19:47   Link #682
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexan View Post
Well, As for ep.11, w/o spoiling anything, let's just say Anime version "deviates" from the original manga, hastening the process of Reiji's internal struggle.

Now, for more in depth analysis,
Spoiler for Anime version:

One more thing; I'm disappointed with Anime version for not exploring Shiro-chan's "soft side" enough... She still seems like a B**ch in anime, but a lot more likeable person in manga.
Well in all fairness it's all a matter of time management. The anime is only 12 or 13 episodes long I think so it's only natural that they have no chose but to skip some impotent details. I'm still curious on how they plan to end the whole thing.

Also let try not to talk on the anime in the manga section. It's agents the rules you know.

Oh and the the translation for Chapter 33 is out!
Old 2007-12-26, 20:12   Link #683
tebahpla
Not B&

its already been out for almost (or more than)a week actually

so go grab em guise!!

also I take back what I said 1 page before because i re read chap 33 again

Spoiler:
tebahpla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 20:45   Link #684
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebahpla View Post
yes, i wanted to point out that the shoe person wasnt reijis co-worker. didnt match at all
Anyone else think it might be Shiro's boots? That after chap 32 she might be inclined to check out what's going on for herself?

Last edited by NaweG; 2007-12-26 at 20:46. Reason: Name confusion...
NaweG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 21:34   Link #685
tebahpla
Not B&

i wanted to but crap I reformated and baleeted everything, too lazy to dl again.
tebahpla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 22:20   Link #686
shinobiknight0
I'm a Senior Member!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Anyone else think it might be Shiro's boots? That after chap 32 she might be inclined to check out what's going on for herself?
On page 11 top left panel and page 12 bottom right, they look like the same shoes so I guess it's the co-worker.

@Lexan-Thanks for explaining that, I thought I missed that part because I skipped a few chapters of the manga.
Old 2007-12-26, 23:47   Link #687
billborden

[QUOTE=shinobiknight0;1314805]Still, it's like he's using her to replace Aki-san. He doesn't really seem to be a pedo, though. More like he's impatient of waiting for Rin to grow up.

I have to agree with you, the term is obsession. It doesn't seem that he is attracted to Rin because she is a child, but rather that he has blinded himself to Rin's independent nature, seeing her instead as a substitute for Aki (particularly obvious in ch 17, p17 and ch 19, p6). That being said, much of Reiji's behavior (buying her/allowing her to buy sexy clothing while not wanting her to wear them in public [ch24 p6 for a perfect example], his possessiveness and assumption of guilt in Aoki [throughout], even the language he uses to communicate with Rin [see Ch 29, pp 10-11]) throughout the manga fits well with-in the standard of "grooming", where an adult attempts to shape a child's personality to prepare them for an intimate relationship. To be honest, there really is no slack to cut him.
billborden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 12:26   Link #688
mdauben

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Spoiler for c33:
OMG!

Quite a supprising chapter, for just the reasons you say. Despite all her precocious ways, when Rin isn't the one "in charge" she definetly seems much shier and much more like her real age. Also, does anyone else think that Rin was sitting in Aoki's lap like that on purpose, so that he would notice? Sort of a silent plea for help from the only adult she trusts?

Anyway, things seem to be coming to a head already and now Aoki knows something wrong is going on, what can/will he do?

Dang! I wish this series came out more often than once a month.

Quote:
A very good chapter.
QFT. One of the best.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 17:46   Link #689
Lexan

KnJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Also let try not to talk on the anime in the manga section. It's agents the rules you know.
Sorry for going off topic! I thought it was relevent b/c I compared manga version and the anime version... Anyways, I would be surprised if the mysterous stalker was shiro-chan, b/c I don't think she would go as far as to stalk the girls to check on them... But on the otherhand, if she's coworker, why would she stalk on them? There's no incentive!!! well, just a thought.
Lexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 18:04   Link #690
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It looks like the anime is going to deviate substantially enough that it is kind of pointless even comparing it here. Each will have to be judged as a stand-alone or "alternative" timeline -- its probably no contest that the manga will make the better *storyline*. But the purpose of anime is pretty much to advertise the existence of the merchandise (manga, CDs, figures, etc)... we're just lucky when the anime turns out to be something decent on its own
Old 2007-12-27, 19:48   Link #691
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
HOLY MOTHER LOAD!
chapter 33
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 20:24   Link #692
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
HOLY MOTHER LOAD!
chapter 33
Spoiler:
Eh you can put a dozy of one on some on in short time without even realizing it if your really into it...Which...Is kinda creepy seeing as who he managed to put them on is...

I just hope this isn't the signal that the story is pushing towards a conclusion...Normally I'm not big on things dragging but it'd be a real waste to not continue exploring the wonderful side characters in the series. *waves kuro and shiro flags*

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 20:46   Link #693
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexan View Post
But on the otherhand, if she's coworker, why would she stalk on them? There's no incentive!!! well, just a thought.
I thought it would've been obvious to anyone but I'll explain again. The female co-worker was simply trying to figure out a way to get Reiji fall for her and she thought Rin was it so she followed her in order to get some info on them both. To bad it back fired...
Old 2007-12-27, 22:45   Link #694
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Reiji:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Rin:
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 05:06   Link #695
billborden

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
OMG!

Quite a supprising chapter, for just the reasons you say. Despite all her precocious ways, when Rin isn't the one "in charge" she definetly seems much shier and much more like her real age. Also, does anyone else think that Rin was sitting in Aoki's lap like that on purpose, so that he would notice? Sort of a silent plea for help from the only adult she trusts?

I'm not even sure she planned for it to be silent; she was clearly trying to tell Aoki something before he saw the marks and flew off the handle. It may be that she really was trying to open up.
Old 2007-12-28, 22:20   Link #696
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

@billborden

Thanks for your thoughtful analysis of my post. I agree with what you said. But I will comment on one thing. The kuro over rin-chan part. The reason I said that is because its how I thought kuro-chan handled it. She has no hope with rin-chan. I think she knows that and mimi-chan knows that. I think that her liking shiro-chan is just enough diversion to make not being with rin-chan okay. When someone has a crush on someone, nothing will make that person stop liking them, even if the crushee hates the person and verbalizes that. So "technically" kuro-chan will never be over rin. But to have someone else come into her life that she can say, wow I like you. I think that is a big step in her getting over rin-chan. Not to say she doesn't still love her. I think if kuro-chan was to get married (to a lady of course, lol) and was 35 and randomly stumbled upon rin-chan, she would still love her. Because the strongest love is unfulfilled love. So I do not doubt that kuro still likes rin, I'm just saying shiro-chan is helping her to get over rin, because now she can think about more than just rin.

But anyways feel free to poke holes in my argument, lol. I was just trying to explain why I put the comment about kuro-chan being over rin-chan.

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 06:45   Link #697
billborden

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post

But anyways feel free to poke holes in my argument, lol. I was just trying to explain why I put the comment about kuro-chan being over rin-chan.
What you said makes more sense now. I may still disagree, but I think thats more point-of-view than anything else. In the end, we just have to wait and see how things work out.

You do realize, I'm going to go nuts waiting on this cliff-hanger until Feb...Right?

I thought monthly was bad, but TWO months...
Old 2007-12-30, 21:38   Link #698
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by billborden View Post
What you said makes more sense now. I may still disagree, but I think thats more point-of-view than anything else. In the end, we just have to wait and see how things work out.

You do realize, I'm going to go nuts waiting on this cliff-hanger until Feb...Right?

I thought monthly was bad, but TWO months...
Are you serious?! 2 months!? I will cry to myself now. That's too long. Such an addictive manga. I have been spoiled by jump weekly...

Considering I started reading this manga after the "controversy" I have not really had to wait that much for chapters, but its getting tough now.

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 00:08   Link #699
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
Are you serious?! 2 months!? I will cry to myself now. That's too long. Such an addictive manga. I have been spoiled by jump weekly...

Considering I started reading this manga after the "controversy" I have not really had to wait that much for chapters, but its getting tough now.
It usually comes out monthly but because new years is coming up all manga and anime are being pushed back. It's nothing really new guys in the mean time why not re-read a few of the chapters, who knows you may find something you missed before.
Old 2007-12-31, 00:24   Link #700
Orrin
Sumika Kagami Fanboy

There's also a short selfparody to be read in the meantime if anyone has missed it.

It just feels so wrong all of a sudden...
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, growing up, loli, school life, seinen