AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-04-11, 05:24   Link #7001
Bafflement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Did Eba break up with Haruto before starting a relationship with Kazuma? Yes! As far as we know of.
Didn't Eba claim in her break-up letter that she was already in a relationship with Kazuma? It's been a while since I read it but I have a feeling she did.
Bafflement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 05:35   Link #7002
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
Didn't Eba claim in her break-up letter that she was already in a relationship with Kazuma? It's been a while since I read it but I have a feeling she did.
no I'm sure this relationship *of Seo trolling* happening when she witness Haruto and Nanami hugging each other ^^. Which would be the day after........... I doubt Seo is going to bring it up again.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 19:43   Link #7003
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
no it said she was planning to go out with him, not that she was already going out with him. However based on information in the manga it actually seemd to take Yuzuki a month after the trip and break up for her to actually tell kazama that she would. It has been stated that Kazama and Yuzuki only dated for 3 months but by that time at least 4 months had passed since the tokyo trip.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 18:13   Link #7004
dragonspit4

I am very very annoyed at this series. It is so obvious that Haruto is going to end up with Eba Yuzuki at the end, but seriously, why do the couple has to go through so much trouble to get together!?????

I mean they both like each other from the start and their feelings never changed, but because of their friend's death, the result is that they can't be together??????? It really doesn't make sense!!

Mishima Asuka is obviously going to break up with Haruto later during the series, and Haruto is going to get back with Yuzuki, but I just feel pissed off at reading this..........

I under stand you need some drama for romance manga to work but the fact that Haruto is basically dating Asuka without any REAL feelings for Asuka (ie. dating Asuka because Haruto wants to forget about Yuzuki) is just horrible........and is not a good way to make a romance story....

In constrast to the series Suzuka: In Suzuka, Yamato actually likes and have feelings for Honoka when he is dating her, even though eventually he breaks up with her and started going out with Suzuka, But in the case of Kimi no Iru Machi, Haruto never has any feelings for Asuka, but is dating her because he wants to forget about Yuzuki.

Even though I absolutely hates it how Yuzuki dumps Haruto like that, but I still love Yuzuki and still root for and have been waiting for the time they get back together!

I really hope they will get back together very soon so that we can have some chapters about them going on dates and have fun.

Note: the chapters about Haruto and Asuka is just absolute junk! which I think should be skipped by the readers.

BTW: to all the readers currently following this manga, the story is getting better because Haruto and Yuzuki just became friends again at chapter 130, which means that the long long long awaited drama between Haruto, Yuzuki and Asuka is set to explode.

Last edited by dragonspit4; 2011-04-12 at 18:55.
dragonspit4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 18:46   Link #7005
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Its called drama. No one wants to read a couple being happy the whole time.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 18:53   Link #7006
dragonspit4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Its called drama. No one wants to read a couple being happy the whole time.
There is actuallly a very famous manga like that where the couple is happy the whole time.... it's called Pastel.
Old 2011-04-12, 19:05   Link #7007
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonspit4 View Post
There is actuallly a very famous manga like that where the couple is happy the whole time.... it's called Pastel.
One of the most boring romance manga in history...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 19:19   Link #7008
oDin01

Quote:
No wonder Japan has the worst birth rates for industrialized countries, it's characters like Mugi and Haruto that give men a bad reputation.
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 19:23   Link #7009
dragonspit4

Quote:
Well, it got to be doing something right, otherwise it wouldn't be 27 volume and is still on-going.

It definitely appeals to people who love slice of life romance and people who like live-in-lover (ie. lovers that lives together throughout the story) as well as people who like deeply-in-love couple that likes each other so much, which their deep bond is build upon 2 years of living together.
Old 2011-04-12, 22:10   Link #7010
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonspit4 View Post
Well, it got to be doing something right, otherwise it wouldn't be 27 volume and is still on-going.

It definitely appeals to people who love slice of life romance and people who like live-in-lover (ie. lovers that lives together throughout the story) as well as people who like deeply-in-love couple that likes each other so much, which their deep bond is build upon 2 years of living together.
The answer is obviously target demographic audience while both are shounen series I believe but both contrast each other in their intended sub division for audience. kniM was intended to shock and fill people with rage, While Pastel stayed as a slice of life with less drama.... of course the fault in picking pastel as an example it is different altogether in what it is trying to achieve.

P.S i enjoy reading pastel but for different reason, of course KniM sucks because its plain bad couple with ridiculous plot premise. if you wanted to see a pastel in knim your just reading the wrong manga. However GE is a closer and better example which is superior to this series.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 22:28   Link #7011
Shadow5YA

Pastel is good at what it does. It's a general feel-good slice of life romance.

GE also accomplishes what it intends to do. When there's drama, people get upset. When there's a heartfelt moment, people enjoy it.

Contrast the two series with KNIM, where people get upset even during happy times. Haruto is having fun with Yuzuki in the amusement park while plenty of us are calling him Harutard. Some are still bitter towards Yuzuki. The series just isn't conveying what Seo intends to convey.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 22:46   Link #7012
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Pastel is good at what it does. It's a general feel-good slice of life romance.

GE also accomplishes what it intends to do. When there's drama, people get upset. When there's a heartfelt moment, people enjoy it.

Contrast the two series with KNIM, where people get upset even during happy times. Haruto is having fun with Yuzuki in the amusement park while plenty of us are calling him Harutard. Some are still bitter towards Yuzuki. The series just isn't conveying what Seo intends to convey.
I am not so sure about GE. I prefer KNIM over it anyday.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 23:55   Link #7013
Key Board
Carbon

Kiyomi is always relevant to my interests!
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 09:03   Link #7014
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I am not so sure about GE. I prefer KNIM over it anyday.
No offense man, but the the only factor you seem to care about is whether or not the girl is a virgin.

Or are you seriously going to argue that Eba is a more supportive and likable character than Yuki?
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 10:53   Link #7015
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
No offense man, but the the only factor you seem to care about is whether or not the girl is a virgin.

Or are you seriously going to argue that Eba is a more supportive and likable character than Yuki?
I'm with you. While GE does seem to have it's problems that always appear in the time they're the happiest, I think my favorite part about it is that all of the characters reactions are extremely realistic and fit their character. I have yet to read a chapter of GE where I feel like someone is out of character or someone has lost their personality. While maybe not everyone can agree to those statements, you still have to admit that KNIM does both of the all the damn time.

You think you can swing the bat? Show your bling and let me shine you!

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
cmgmcmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 11:15   Link #7016
oDin01

I'll concede that GE is better than KNIM. My big issue since GE was released is the character designs. It's unique and Yuki is pretty. It makes all the characters look like they still have baby fat on their faces. I understand it's only nitpicking, that's why I consider Seo as one of the best not because of the manga's story but his character designs even though he reuses them from previous works.
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 11:49   Link #7017
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post

No its the rage situations it creates I stopped reading it at chapter 30 or something (and back then it wanst even known that the main girl was not a virgin). I found the shitstorm drama's too much.

Just that you come her and throw it in my face as main reason seems like you yourself is tad bit too tight over the virginity problem.

I mean on of my favorite manga heroines is Kano from borderline hentai manga Velvet Kiss and she had a pretty much whores past (took parts in orgies etc). Yet I am not bothered about it or the manga.

I rage on KNIM too but at least it doesnt make me drop it. I find GE rather idiotic and silly unrealistic in the attempts to create lengthy shitstorms over and over again. Virginity or not, GE is just way too depressing to read as small amounts of happy chapters always are sunken in another shitstorm of retarded drama.

I swear it makes a fucking depressed pessimists out of people, cause whenever some sunshine shines in that manga you start covering for shitstorm in an instant.

And yes I like Eba much more than Yuki. Personal preference but I really cant stand Yuki at all (this was another reason I dropped it - if you dont like the plot and dont like the main characters then there is no point in reading).

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2011-04-13 at 15:38.
Old 2011-04-13, 13:17   Link #7018
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oDin01 View Post
I'll concede that GE is better than KNIM. My big issue since GE was released is the character designs. It's unique and Yuki is pretty. It makes all the characters look like they still have baby fat on their faces. I understand it's only nitpicking, that's why I consider Seo as one of the best not because of the manga's story but his character designs even though he reuses them from previous works.
I agree with bolded. Yes, Yuki is smexy and whatnot(though it could be argued that they're still 15-17) but the baby fat thing gets to me sometimes, doesn't bother me that much though.

I also agree that Seo's designs are better; he's one of the best at drawing characters(relative realism) right now; only person that can best him(off the top of my head) is Ogure Ito(Air Gear etc) .
Old 2011-04-13, 14:00   Link #7019
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
I also agree that Seo's designs are better; he's one of the best at drawing characters(relative realism) right now; only person that can best him(off the top of my head) is Ogure Ito(Air Gear etc) .
Kawashita is pretty good too. Though the best art IMO is by Chihiro (Velvet Kiss). The heroine in there is drop-dead gorgeous.
Old 2011-04-13, 16:09   Link #7020
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Kawashita is pretty good too. Though the best art IMO is by Chihiro (Velvet Kiss). The heroine in there is drop-dead gorgeous.
Could possibly be the best manga heroine of all time in the looks department

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
I agree with bolded. Yes, Yuki is smexy and whatnot(though it could be argued that they're still 15-17) but the baby fat thing gets to me sometimes, doesn't bother me that much though.

So I wasn't the only one that noticed their faces are a little round huh? Why, yes it does get to me as well too (especially all of the scenes of the girls running away while still looking back and smiling, so many of those!!), Story and Personality and Originality top Sexy Character Designs in my opinion any day.

Maybe Seo should become a Hentai Artist, but even for hentai he still has bad story developing skills (Note: Super exaggeration. Not meant to be taken as a factual statement ;P (Oh, good old Republican stupidity and Stephen Colbert awsomeness to exploit it))

You think you can swing the bat? Show your bling and let me shine you!

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
cmgmcmg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life