AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-03-21, 18:27   Link #7041
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Also either the second or sixth Spirit was the first Spirit to have come to earth unless there is a eleventh Spirit not associated with the Kabbalistic Tree of Life which was the First Spirit to have appeared on earth
Old 2014-03-21, 19:19   Link #7042
crimsonflair
Support Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker213 View Post
Here's my interpretation of how this time-loop first began, please note I will appreciate it if you can add to my theory. *Snip*
The entire ordeal was a predestination paradox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
It was always striking how she just loses any sense of rationality and awareness of her surroundings once she gets a chance to beat up a spirit. Just think of her blowing up an amusement park full of civilians.
She technically did that near the end of Vol. 4.

Thoughts on Vol. 10:

I actually like how this arc turned out because of the major plot progression the story has right now. New theories and speculations will now resonate after this!
crimsonflair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 19:30   Link #7043
Superbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker213 View Post
Also either the second or sixth Spirit was the first Spirit to have come to earth unless there is a eleventh Spirit not associated with the Kabbalistic Tree of Life which was the First Spirit to have appeared on earth
It's also possible the first spirit to appear on earth was later killed by Phantom and she took her crystal. That means Origami, Kotori, or Miku's crystal might have been from the first spirit.

Also, how is Shidou going back in time without the others going to affect the seals on the other spirits? Will there spirit power somehow continue to flow between him and the spirits across time or will it sever the link between them, forcing Shidou to redo all of the seals later?
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 19:33   Link #7044
cloud04
Scanlator

uhh wait was it told if shido went back in time to before or after origami killed her parents?
Old 2014-03-21, 19:37   Link #7045
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbia View Post
It's also possible the first spirit to appear on earth was later killed by Phantom and she took her crystal. That means Origami, Kotori, or Miku's crystal might have been from the first spirit.

Also, how is Shidou going back in time without the others going to affect the seals on the other spirits? Will there spirit power somehow continue to flow between him and the spirits across time or will it sever the link between them, forcing Shidou to redo all of the seals later?
If that first thing is true that would have to imply that Phantom is stronger then the original Spirit you realize that right?

Also don't know time-travel always gets confusing so let's just assume the link between him and the Spirits stays intact. If not let the hilarity ensure when he gets back
Old 2014-03-21, 19:52   Link #7046
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I was thinking from vol.7, Kurumi believed no.2 spirit was in DEM Japan HQ. Who gave her this info? Could she have gotten wrong info and that no.02 is in Ratatoskr, aka. Reine.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 19:54   Link #7047
kagato3

The series seems to use predestination paradox in that events that time travelers cause will always have happened. I had been fairly sure someone had attacked Phantom after Kotori became a Spirit and the same person was the one that killed Origami's parents. I just thought it was DEM going after her(glad I can finally use pronouns with Phantom) and it does explain why Shidou doesn't remember her he hasn't done it yet. A thought about why Kurumi sent Shidou back she might not be present Kurumi she apparently was using Kotori's catchphrase and talking about have to do things that had to be done.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 19:57   Link #7048
crimsonflair
Support Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
uhh wait was it told if shido went back in time to before or after origami killed her parents?
According to the Vol. 10 summary, there were no indications that the fire was going on when Shidou was there; meaning he was transported way before Origami killed them.
Old 2014-03-21, 20:07   Link #7049
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I was thinking from vol.7, Kurumi believed no.2 spirit was in DEM Japan HQ. Who gave her this info? Could she have gotten wrong info and that no.02 is in Ratatoskr, aka. Reine.
I don't think no.2 is Reine because her name should have the kanji "2" in it. No.2 and no.6 will obviously be girls that have not appeared so far.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 20:32   Link #7050
crimsonflair
Support Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I don't think no.2 is Reine because her name should have the kanji "2" in it. No.2 and no.6 will obviously be girls that have not appeared so far.
Her name should have a meaning to it. After researching in the internet, Reine means "Queen" in French, but her kanji should have a meaning to it in Japanese.
Old 2014-03-21, 21:13   Link #7051
XFire
150% done

So the one who killed Origami's parents was
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2014-03-21, 21:22   Link #7052
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
So the one who killed Origami's parents was
Spoiler for spoiler:
but i feel sad about her because all her training, hardship, gaining power, and lastly vengeance was only for that......... sigh im sad what tragic story origami
Old 2014-03-21, 21:34   Link #7053
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonflair View Post
Her name should have a meaning to it. After researching in the internet, Reine means "Queen" in French, but her kanji should have a meaning to it in Japanese.
her kanji translate to:
Village
Rain
Instruction (command)
Sound

Rei with a different kanji could be read as 0

But that is assuming that that is her real name
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 22:35   Link #7054
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Hey I found a really funny Date A Live short story illustration on Facebook but I have trouble getting the image onto Animesuki so the best I can do is provide a link to it

https://www.facebook.com/ToukaYatoga...levant_count=1

Appreciate it if someone can find this picture and it put on Animesuki by the way
Old 2014-03-21, 22:38   Link #7055
cloud04
Scanlator

from doramag?
Old 2014-03-21, 22:39   Link #7056
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
but i feel sad about her because all her training, hardship, gaining power, and lastly vengeance was only for that......... sigh im sad what tragic story origami
Yes, too bad no one told her where she was going wrong OH WAIT SHIDOU DID THAT OVER AND OVER

Seriously, however harsh it is, she deserves what she got. Despite knowing that the spirits didn't kill her parents, despite knowing they weren't evil, despite the one person she's supposed to care about begging her to understand, she maintains an absurd, obsessive and unreasonable hatred towards all spirits, to the point she comes off as less human than they do.

Like I said, Karma.
Old 2014-03-21, 22:57   Link #7057
Death Usagi
Banned

No worries, I don't like Tohka with a passion.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 23:02   Link #7058
RegulusNemea

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
her kanji translate to:
Village
Rain
Instruction (command)
Sound

Rei with a different kanji could be read as 0

But that is assuming that that is her real name
0 really? It's an exception to the Sephiroth Tree o.O
Old 2014-03-21, 23:32   Link #7059
araragi92

Chapter 3:

Spoiler for summary:

Tohka is still my favorite
araragi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 23:44   Link #7060
Superbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegulusNemea View Post
0 really? It's an exception to the Sephiroth Tree o.O
Maybe spirits representing Ayin, Ein Sof, and Ohr Ein Sof will end up being added to the series.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy