AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Pairings, Take 2 (multiple choice allowed)
Lelouch stays single 126 11.22%
Lelouch x C.C. 744 66.25%
Lelouch x Kallen 406 36.15%
Lelouch x Shirley 176 15.67%
Lelouch x Millay 65 5.79%
Suzaku x Kallen 150 13.36%
Suzaku x Nunally 102 9.08%
Suzaku x Shirley 46 4.10%
Lloyd x Millay 63 5.61%
Viletta x Ougi 213 18.97%
Rival x Millay 107 9.53%
Lloyd x Cecile 113 10.06%
Schneizel x Cecile 43 3.83%
Cornelia x Guildford 130 11.58%
Other pairings not listed (give who and reason) 78 6.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-22, 20:19   Link #7041
Traece
:cool:

Hahaha. kk2extreme, way to bring us back to the fact that Lelouch is a womanizer!
But no really, I agree wholeheartedly with the Kallen x Lelouch pair. There's a lot of C.C. x Lelouch in the air, but even so I think that bit in the beginning of R2 Episode 9 was quite romantic and it seems like Lelouch knew it was romantic. Plus he gets quite worked up over Kallen being captured. I know that real hitters here are C.C. and Kallen, the other girls wont match up to beat them... But Kallen is the only girl who he hasn't ACTUALLY kissed, to my knowledge. He tried and got beaten up, if I remember correctly. Her being defensive like that despite the fact she likes Lelouch somehow translates to me as her being the most likely candidate.
Old 2008-06-22, 20:21   Link #7042
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i mean him as a womanizer being like his father
Old 2008-06-22, 20:22   Link #7043
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I know, but that doesn't mean some other girl has much of a chance.
This is Code Geass, Zero triumphs even with odds stacked against him. I'm sure any possible LIs will also have to face time when the odds are against them and triump (Yes, Dann, that includes Kallen).

Just because Kallen is winning now doesn't mean she'll be in the lead forever or that she'll lose at the end. Currently, think of Kallen as Britannia, the current leading superpower, think of Shirley as the CF, the ones that only appear when the plot calls for it. I'm not sure what C.C. would be though. I guess the OOTBK, the ones that don't have as much weapons but may still be able to pose a threat.

I know this is a strange comparison, but I'm just trying to illustrate that tides will shift and Kallen can't be leading forever. She'll have to go through rough times as well.
Old 2008-06-22, 20:46   Link #7044
Traece
:cool:

Isn't Kallen being captured and Sayoko making out with Shirley a 'rough time' for Kallen? o_o...
But no, I see your point Unnamed. However, animes tend to work in a funny way and personally I can see no reason why anyone but C.C. and Kallen would win this. C.C. probably wont because it seems to me like her presence is just due to her usefulness and due to her constant saving of Lelouch's life. Kallen isn't just there to be useful, Kallen is Lelouch's most important minion, one of his friends, one of the people that knows his identity, and someone he would like to keep around for as long as he can (he asked her to come back to Ashford with him when they were done with everything). Kallen has a more personal attachment than C.C., from what I see.
Shirley on the other hand only pops up from time to time, and while being important to Lelouch because she's a friend, doesn't personally know him in comparison to Kallen and C.C., doesn't spend much time with him, and has actually tried to kill him once before. I wouldn't date any woman who put me at gun point and was ACTUALLY going to kill me. C.C. has put him at gunpoint, but she wasn't actually going to kill him.
Old 2008-06-22, 20:52   Link #7045
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

That's pretty much why only Kallen has a real shot.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-22, 20:56   Link #7046
SkyFuser
HijackThis Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Isn't Kallen being captured and Sayoko making out with Shirley a 'rough time' for Kallen? o_o...
But no, I see your point Unnamed. However, animes tend to work in a funny way and personally I can see no reason why anyone but C.C. and Kallen would win this. C.C. probably wont because it seems to me like her presence is just due to her usefulness and due to her constant saving of Lelouch's life. Kallen isn't just there to be useful, Kallen is Lelouch's most important minion, one of his friends, one of the people that knows his identity, and someone he would like to keep around for as long as he can (he asked her to come back to Ashford with him when they were done with everything). Kallen has a more personal attachment than C.C., from what I see.
Shirley on the other hand only pops up from time to time, and while being important to Lelouch because she's a friend, doesn't personally know him in comparison to Kallen and C.C., doesn't spend much time with him, and has actually tried to kill him once before. I wouldn't date any woman who put me at gun point and was ACTUALLY going to kill me. C.C. has put him at gunpoint, but she wasn't actually going to kill him.
Not kill him. Only to shoot his leg and immobilize him.
Old 2008-06-22, 20:57   Link #7047
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

They said C.C. wasn't going to kill him. She can't have him die.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-22, 20:59   Link #7048
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That's pretty much why only Kallen has a real shot.

Ermm you see about that... When Lelouch and Shirley were talking about the "Power of Love", Lelouch didn't flashback to Kallen

It's still Nunally people, give it up.
Old 2008-06-22, 21:05   Link #7049
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Of course he loves Nunnally. As a sister. Nothing more. It's only a matter of time really.

Old 2008-06-22, 21:09   Link #7050
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Well, I don't see how Sayoko making out with Shirley has anything to do with Kallen and some people see Kallen getting captured as the clincher for the relationship, since Lelou would then have to run around the world and tear down everything in his path to get her back and then they'll have a happy reunion where Kallen confesses the confused emotions she had while she was captured and then Lelou kisses her to calm her down. Kallen being captured is kind of like a high risk high reward road.

As for C.C., she actually has some things going for her. For example, as of now, only C.C. and Suzaku really know Lelou's motives for starting his whole rebellion. Lelouch doesn't really feel comfortable talking about more personal matters with Kallen, but there's still plenty of time.

In a sense, C.C. probably knows Lelouch better as of now, but like I said, that could change. The fact that Lelouch never thought of C.C. in his little "I'm doing this for everyone" at Ashford can be seen as both a good and bad sign. It can be seen as bad because he didn't consider her at all. However, if you twist that a bit, you can change it to he's gotten so used to C.C., that he's taking her for granted. Like he said, "happiness would most likely take the form of glass, because you don't really know it's there until it's gone".

As for Kallen, she's always trusted Lelouch/Zero. She was devastated when she learned his true identity at first, but then she began trying to understand him more. He at first followed Zero for the freedom of Japan, but when he found out Lelouch was Zero, she felt betrayed and Lelouch's "I used everyone" speech didn't really help. To still be able to trust Lelouch after that shows that she sees Lelouch as more than the one that can free Japan now.

As for Shirley, she really does only show up when the plot requires her to, but she has been able to give Lelouch some emotional reinforcement without either of them really realizing it, like in the latest episode and she was apart of his happy Ashford scanerio.

I'm keeping my mind open on all pairings for now, because honestly, although C.C. and Kallen probably have the better chance, Shirley may be able to pull something.

Hmm... I guess it's pretty apparent which pairing I support by now.
Old 2008-06-22, 21:27   Link #7051
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Fine, it establishes that I at least have a gun even if I don't have real bullets yet
Oh good, we agree. Hum... does this have the same affect as when Skyfall and I agree? *Scours the horizon for a meteor*

On a side note: this thread got... derailed pretty swiftly but was luckily salvaged. I suppose not as bad as the speculation thread... that thing blew up.

Something I've gathered and that Unnamed brought to light: The thoughts concerning the events around Kallen's capture are pretty fixated on the extremes. In either case it is seen as the 'end', be it good or bad. I find it interesting that not a single middle-ground idea has been thrown forward.

For instance:
Kallen escapes on her own.
Kallen is rescued by Lelouch without anything overly dramatic and simply further development.
Kallen is brainwashed but fixed by C.C., who's come to regard her as a close friend.
Kallen is given character development concerning her family and reasons for doing what she's been doing.
And so on...

Not that I'd mind an 'end' result either... might cry though.
Old 2008-06-22, 22:06   Link #7052
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Oh good, we agree. Hum... does this have the same affect as when Skyfall and I agree? *Scours the horizon for a meteor*

On a side note: this thread got... derailed pretty swiftly but was luckily salvaged. I suppose not as bad as the speculation thread... that thing blew up.

Something I've gathered and that Unnamed brought to light: The thoughts concerning the events around Kallen's capture are pretty fixated on the extremes. In either case it is seen as the 'end', be it good or bad. I find it interesting that not a single middle-ground idea has been thrown forward.

For instance:
Kallen is rescued by Lelouch without anything overly dramatic and simply further development.
Kallen is brainwashed but fixed by C.C., who's come to regard her as a close friend.
Kallen is given character development concerning her family and reasons for doing what she's been doing.
And so on...

Well, given the general drama of Code Geass and drama of her capture, I think we it's quite safe to say something extreme will happen. Suzaku was the one that took her, after all, and there's only one person Suzaku would take her to.

If it involves Lelouch and the Black Knights, there's a 99.9% chance that it will be dramatic. If it involves the Emperor and Suzaku, that increases even more. It's probably going to take a while for Kallen to get rescued, since they need to build up the feelings, drama, angst and confusion in Kallen's mind before she either falls for Lelouch or focuses her attention on something completely unrelated to Lelouch, crippling Kallen in the romance race.

Oh yeah, about your example of C.C. regarding Kallen as a close friend. Have they really interacted that much? I only remember the few times C.C. teased her and interrupted her when she was on top of Lelouch. For someone who tries to keep her emotions in check, if Kallen becomes a close friend so... easily... it would kind of ruin the whole image Dann has of C.C.

Unless there's some important interaction of C.C. and Kallen I forgot, so if you remember anything like that, please remind me.
Old 2008-06-22, 22:11   Link #7053
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

They've been interacting and going on missions together for a whole year. The new Sound Episodes have one detailing this. What image are you speaking of?

Old 2008-06-22, 22:22   Link #7054
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post

For instance:
And so on...

Huh, I always thought our agreeing would lead to the sun going supernova and then forming a black hole afterwards instead of just some dinky meteors

In any case, I'm especially interested in that last possibility concerning Kallen and development on her family, especially her father whose kept under bigger wraps then Orange-kun was. I won't say no to the one before that though, it would involve a little making out between two of our three Court Ladies. Lelouch you lucky dog
Old 2008-06-22, 22:23   Link #7055
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I have to wonder if they kept him secret because they hadn't decided what he would be yet.

Old 2008-06-22, 22:25   Link #7056
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
I have to wonder if they kept him secret because they hadn't decided what he would be yet.
You know, that's actually pretty likely now that I think about it
Old 2008-06-22, 22:28   Link #7057
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Meh, he could be anything at this point I suppose. I doubt it would really matter in any case.

KS, do you really think C.C. has much of a chance anymore? Do you at least admit that things look to be in Kallen's favor?

Old 2008-06-22, 22:35   Link #7058
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Meh, he could be anything at this point I suppose. I doubt it would really matter in any case.

KS, do you really think C.C. has much of a chance anymore? Do you at least admit that things look to be in Kallen's favor?
True, just hope its good, I'm really curious if and how he'll play a part in Kallen's capture

Meh, I'm still an avid supporter of the C.CXLelouch pairing, I still think they have pretty good odds in regards toward being the end one, but you know, after the display of idiocy concerning romance while trying to figure out what was wrong with marrying Tian Zi off and reverting back to his siscon tendencies for a moment I'm just really hoping Lelouch starts to actually think of women in general. Oh how Kaguya completely missed the mark concerning her beloved Zero and his tendencies
Old 2008-06-22, 22:48   Link #7059
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Most people think C.C. has the most chance of dying in the end...but now, to me, I think both C.C. and Kallen have the most chance to die. And who left alive will be the one who comfort Lelouch and end up with him.

And also...I think it's possiblle for Kallen x Suzaku now since she's in the hands of Britania. (Even thought it's less than 15%.)

I know, my thoughts kind of against one another somehow.
Old 2008-06-22, 22:59   Link #7060
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

The only way Kallen x Suzaku happens is if it's not really Kallen, but her mindraped version. Now that I look at it, mindraped Kallen looks all too possible.

Kallen's mortality rate is rather high, but if and when she dies it will likely occur during the endgame, so Turn 20+. Sunrise still needs to sell Guren kits and figures as well as pumping out the fanservice.

Not sure what kind of effect her death would have on Lelouch. I don't think it would be analogous to Suzaku post-Euphemia's death, I think only Nunnally could trigger that since that guy is a hardcore siscon.

C.C.'s been high on the death chart ever since she was known to be "immortal." Immortals usually end up dying permanently.

Tags
characters, romance