AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-08-02, 21:03   Link #7101
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skieth View Post
He has two other series besides Needless that he's working on as well doesn't he?
Yeah, Sand Village and Snail-chan. Didn't see an update for Snail-chan this month, so he probably hasn't worked on either of those for a while.

Too bad there are any raws or translations readily available since they are pretty cute and funny. That and it's pretty much Mio and Setsuna doing gags together.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-08-02, 21:27   Link #7102
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

someone needs to scanlate those series!!
Old 2011-08-03, 03:09   Link #7103
Ynot

^ The only thing I've ever been able to find are a couple of translated pages of shirasunamura(white sand village) here. If we do find the raws of shirasunamura I might know someone who's willing to translate it.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 21:09   Link #7104
Vitacrucis

Any links to the latest chapters?

The last one I read was the one where Teruyama reveals his creepy stomach face
Vitacrucis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 21:55   Link #7105
shadowii

they translated needless 1.5
not much new information since we disscussed this in depth before and put a translation online but its still great to see
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 21:26   Link #7106
Avvesione

Does anyone else think something is up with Ishiyama? It seems like he has two fragments.

The first of the two fragments is obvious, the 'Memory Guard'. It's very clear he used that fragment when using 'Blackout Invoke' on Blade to open the gate to his memories. I don't think there should be be any trouble explaining that fragment, so let's move onto perhaps his other fragment.

The second fragment appears to be a 'directional' fragment, perhaps something like what Accelerator has from Index/Railgun. We've seen in a few times, in chapter 74, he's very clearly standing on the ceiling and, in 74 and 75, he's walking down the wall, standing perpendicular to gravity. Later in 75, when he was fighting Mio, he continually deflected her attacks with minimal effort, including times where she flew right by him without doing anything and another where Mio was about to make contact with the back of his head but somehow ended up being deflected by his arm. And in Chapter 91, he used it again to stand on the wall when Primaria was cleaning up the bloody mess in the conference room. Of course, he's never said anything to indicate it was a new fragment but it seems very different than Memory Guard. So much so that they seem completely unrelated.

Of course, we've never met anyone with multiple fragments, so that's always been dismissed. And also against the idea is that Disk said that it appeared he wasn't using any powers then. But that's what we've always been told. Here's the idea: Suppose the Adam Project found a way beyond the two fragment limit and were able to implant multiple Eden Seeds into people leading to multiple fragments? They've been spending all this time researching The Second, who had multiple fragments, and also have found a way to implant Eden Seeds into humans (Ishiyama) and Needless alike (Teruyama). And it would go well from the perspective of storytelling, too, after always telling us that no one person can have 2 fragments but ending up fighting a monster with multiple fragments due to the research going on at the Adam Project.

What do you guys think?
Old 2011-08-07, 03:14   Link #7107
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I would say it has to do with the Eden seeds- after all, for the entire manga so far, the rule is, outside of the Second, no one has more than one fragment (it also helps that I'm re-watching the anime with some friends, and we're just concluding the Third Shelter arc, which helped to jog my memory). If that rule is suddenly going to be broken... well, then this would start going down a more shounen path, in fact it would probably be like a very certain shounen. So, I think it just has to do with the Eden seeds

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 04:17   Link #7108
Ynot

I certainly don't hope the you-can't-have-more-than-one-fragment rule will be broken. It would feel too much like an easy way out. Back when they still thought Saten had more than one fragment it was really interesting to see how all of his attacks and defense could be explained by having just one fragment, so I'm hoping there'll be something like that again, but this time so ingenious or creative nobody of us has thought about it yet.

In general, having limitations which require creative solutions to work around makes manga a lot more interesting to me than just "levelling up".
Old 2011-08-07, 12:33   Link #7109
Avvesione

I still believe it's another fragment at work, since they are clearly different abilities at work here. No one else has been able to stand on the ceiling or walls yet, besides Ishiyama.

Maybe someone else is there with them using their power on Ishiyama and Mio during Chapters 74 and 75? And as part of the fragment, they can redirect light to make themselves invisible? But then it wouldn't make as much sense in Chapter 91 when Primaria was cleaning. Who knows. Or maybe it's Psychokinesis? Doubtful but maybe.

Guess we'll just have to wait until we see Ishiyama again. Hopefully that won't be too long.
Old 2011-08-07, 12:43   Link #7110
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
I still believe it's another fragment at work, since they are clearly different abilities at work here. No one else has been able to stand on the ceiling or walls yet, besides Ishiyama.

Maybe someone else is there with them using their power on Ishiyama and Mio during Chapters 74 and 75? And as part of the fragment, they can redirect light to make themselves invisible? But then it wouldn't make as much sense in Chapter 91 when Primaria was cleaning. Who knows. Or maybe it's Psychokinesis? Doubtful but maybe.

Guess we'll just have to wait until we see Ishiyama again. Hopefully that won't be too long.
Perhaps some stigma parasite (or whatever you want to call it) like the one that Teruyama have ?
Only instead of strengthening the fragment that Ishiyama has,that thing gives him an additional fragment?
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 08:02   Link #7111
Ynot

The cover for vol 13. Looking nice
Spoiler for cover vol13:

Last edited by Ynot; 2011-08-10 at 08:20.
Old 2011-08-10, 10:33   Link #7112
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

sighs.....

Yamada is just so..................uugghh i wish he was a chick(might actually happen too with the help of doppleganger)
Old 2011-08-15, 14:08   Link #7113
Avvesione

Thanks for the cover Ynot!

Is it just me or is it strange seeing Cruz AND Disk with green eyes? I always thought Disk had red eyes (like on the cover of Volume 3) or yellow eyes (the anime). And Cruz has gone through a few colors before, most recently at the beginning of Chapter 92 where he had both yellow and blue eyes (don't ever remember seeing green before). Of course, it's not a big deal but just strange to see eye colors change so much.

Earlier covers/pages for reference:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-08-15, 20:43   Link #7114
Skieth

^ Maybe Disk had something done to her eyes when she got her new body, hard to say for Cruz.

So anybody know if there's been any updates on Kami's condition?
Skieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 02:35   Link #7115
Ynot

^ I haven't read anything about Imai Kami's health since the short message on his bbs but it shouldn't take long now until we know more. We're getting very close to the 19th.

The eye colors are perhaps just a aesthetic choice. For example if Disk's eyes would've been green on the cover of vol 3 it would clash with the background. At other times it looks like the colors are an extra visual cue as to the state of mind of the character, blue for awakening from a slumber and yellow for surprise/panic. At least that's the way it feels to me and because of that I don't experience it as strange.

Last edited by Ynot; 2011-08-16 at 11:16.
Old 2011-08-18, 17:31   Link #7116
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
^ I haven't read anything about Imai Kami's health since the short message on his bbs but it shouldn't take long now until we know more. We're getting very close to the 19th.

The eye colors are perhaps just a aesthetic choice. For example if Disk's eyes would've been green on the cover of vol 3 it would clash with the background. At other times it looks like the colors are an extra visual cue as to the state of mind of the character, blue for awakening from a slumber and yellow for surprise/panic. At least that's the way it feels to me and because of that I don't experience it as strange.
I think the lack of new upgrades of Kami health situation , meaning that there will be the ch this month.
Or at least I hope so.. I doubt I could survive another month without knowing what will happen next.
Ok obviously the most important thing is his health .. but I really hope that this month we will have the ch.
On the cover, I agree totally with matty543.
Yamada is dangerous

Last edited by Soji; 2011-08-18 at 19:24.
Old 2011-08-18, 22:20   Link #7117
Avvesione

Ultra Jump changed out the layout of their site in the last 5 or so minutes and I've been trying to figure out how about posting previews here. Don't seem to find any images or descriptions for this month yet but I'm going to keep playing around and see if I can find anything.

Seems like most of the news is about Volume 13 which was also released today. The one note I did find is that the series did resume in the latest magazine but no description or image. Also hit up the few blogs that actually cover it and no word yet.
Old 2011-08-19, 04:17   Link #7118
Homura7

Woah, the website is undergoing renewal. Seems some sections are still under construction.

So the series did resume, uh? Which means we have chapter this month
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 06:25   Link #7119
Ynot

My first reaction when seeing the changed ultra jump site was "Where the hell did they put everything!?" Anyway it does look like Needless is being resumed, but from what I can make of it the "bloody urine arc" isn't over yet for Imai kami. At least that's what I think I'm reading on the pic below.
Spoiler for needless:
Old 2011-08-19, 06:43   Link #7120
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
My first reaction when seeing the changed ultra jump site was "Where the hell did they put everything!?" Anyway it does look like Needless is being resumed, but from what I can make of it the "bloody urine arc" isn't over yet for Imai kami. At least that's what I think I'm reading on the pic below.
Spoiler for needless:
I'm feel sorry for Kami .. but I admit I'm glad it seems that the Ch will be present this month.
Although, I admit, I hope it recovers soon as it is a great pain what now he suffering.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen