AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-10-08, 19:22   Link #7141
Dream_Traveller
Banned

And Ribbons' little disposable puppet.

And really, if she freezes up every time she sees a Gundam, she's fucked. The fact that whatever was used to grow her hand back probably fucked up her mind doesn't make anything better.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 19:25   Link #7142
rebel one
Do the Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombiHenge View Post
Wow, it took 354 pages, and 7066 post before Godwin's Law was invoked. Oh well... good to see it's conceded now.

Anyway, back on topic, who thinks Louise has been enhanced (akin to a Super Soldier) and why? She to me, seems very much like a Quess Paraya (from Char's Counterattack), able to sense the battle, and perhaps more. When she reached for her head, to me it seemed as the tell tale sign...
I don't think "enhanced" is the proper word. "Altered" is a better fit. I think that Ribbons did something to Louise(the see through her eyes thing) and that Regene was taking her to him for it at the end of EP.25. Maybe it was in exchange for her left hand or a position in A-Laws.

The question is why in the world did Ribbons even bother to do so. Does everything go by his plan?
rebel one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 20:09   Link #7143
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Drat, looks like the password thingy won't work now since last week.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 21:48   Link #7144
miles316

nena and osama

Nena decided to destroy the wedding out of spite she was angry that they were having a good time while she was slaving away trying to end war that why she did that dark deed.

the united states has shown restraint while hunting Osama bin laden and his minions a few years ago the CIA was harped on for not attacking a gathering in Afghanistan that was a funeral that they believed some terrorist were in attendances.
miles316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 22:40   Link #7145
ElldenStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles316 View Post
Nena decided to destroy the wedding out of spite she was angry that they were having a good time while she was slaving away trying to end war that why she did that dark deed.

the united states has shown restraint while hunting Osama bin laden and his minions a few years ago the CIA was harped on for not attacking a gathering in Afghanistan that was a funeral that they believed some terrorist were in attendances.
Indeed, there is such a thing as Civility in War, aswell as granting your enemies dignity. Though, as such, you need to know when not to pull your punches.
ElldenStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 22:51   Link #7146
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Well, Sunrise doesn't really screw with us when people die in Gundam.

Except for GSD.

Michael died on screen, and unless Johann somehow survived the explosion of the Eins, he's a goner, too.
Patrick Cola Sour and the Sand Man both survived despite their circumstances. I'm pretty sure the pilot rides in the upper portion of the GN-X torso, so I never understood how Patrick survived beyond Plot Armor. The Terrorist on the other hand just kinda .. yeah....

Oh and there's Graham too. The guy basically rammed a civic overloaded with nos into a ferrari both at max speed and lived to tell about it.

Oh, and about Nena, I totally agree she could die, but only because the possibility of epic ness exists. Saying she should die because she's a bitch is just showing your lack of emotional control over an anime character =/

There's only one person who shouldn't die, and that's Patrick. No actually he can die too, as long as it has some epic YET funny feeling to it. Kind of like when he almost killed Tiera.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 22:58   Link #7147
ElldenStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
Patrick Cola Sour and the Sand Man both survived despite their circumstances. I'm pretty sure the pilot rides in the upper portion of the GN-X torso, so I never understood how Patrick survived beyond Plot Armor. The Terrorist on the other hand just kinda .. yeah....

Oh and there's Graham too. The guy basically rammed a civic overloaded with nos into a ferrari both at max speed and lived to tell about it.
I believe your wrong actually, apparently the GN-X cockpit is supposed to reside in the Cod peice of the suit. As in the crotch of the mobilesuit.

That's why Patrick lived, the entire upper torso was destroyed, not the lower half of the suit.
Old 2008-10-08, 23:06   Link #7148
Ypocaramel

There was a still from back then that showed the cockpit area still there.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 23:31   Link #7149
DesArms

so the cockpit area was same as turn A
DesArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 00:13   Link #7150
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
I'm pretty sure the pilot rides in the upper portion of the GN-X torso, so I never understood how Patrick survived beyond Plot Armor.
The GN-X's cockpit is actually in the crotch. When Soma went over to check on Sergei after their battle with Allelujah, it's clear that the location of the cockpit is the protrusion on the crotch where the Binders are attached to.

And when Patrick's GN-X was last shown floating in space, that section is untouched and intact.

Also, in 00F Fon Spaak in the Astraea passes by the remains of Patrick's GN-X and kicks it out of the way just for the hell of it; this action took Patrick out the asteroid field (complete with "TAISAAAAAAAA!!!!!" ), enough to allow him to be recovered by friendly vessels.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 00:33   Link #7151
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So basically, it doesn't take balls to pilot a GN-X.

No, instead, you BECOME balls.
Old 2008-10-09, 00:40   Link #7152
Tkpenalty
I Want GN Flag II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post

LOL

Yes to some extent, but its more of a protrusion so you become the rod.

It didnt really make sense why that GNX that the seravee slashed exploded, I mean all that was damaged was the arm, and part of the upper armour plate on the torso.

Man mobile suits seriously have everything thats needed, except for ejector cockpits, I mean the GNX design can have one but.... i dunno. Is there some anti-ejector seat policy at sunrise's gundam production studio?...

I love how the first ep actually showed the Union Realdos doing something USEFUL, instead of just getting shot down LOL. Previous season the GNXs, and the GN Tau drives used red particles... and then the avalore (however you spell it), used gold particles. Seems that these "Gold" particles that are used by the Ahead are more powerful or something-able to cut through the GN blade.

Oh yeah what I dont get is, why the shots that come out of the weapons from the Gundams are pink... the particles CLEARLY are gold, as well as the vernier thrust. Is it just me or is it that they did this so that they could recycle the pink beam sabre plastic that they've been using since forever? Cause the Ahead, and the GN Tau mobile suits also use the same beam plastic...
Tkpenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 00:48   Link #7153
El_Lazy_Mexican
Thank you for smoking

Quote:

Oh wow!
El_Lazy_Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 01:02   Link #7154
ElldenStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkpenalty View Post
I love how the first ep actually showed the Union Realdos doing something USEFUL, instead of just getting shot down LOL. Previous season the GNXs, and the GN Tau drives used red particles... and then the avalore (however you spell it), used gold particles. Seems that these "Gold" particles that are used by the Ahead are more powerful or something-able to cut through the GN blade.

Can we please watch the episode over again people!?

Watch how the GN Longsword was cut. Ontop of being damaged already, which might have played a factor in the sword being cut through, the AHead's beam saber cut the longsword across the flat of the blade. As depicted in the OP, I think OP2, the GN Particles don't flow through and reinforce that part of the sword element. They flow along the blade's edge itself.

The fact that the AHead's beam saber cut through it is not a reflection of some great technological advance in Beam Saber technology, implying greater power, or some other non-sense. It's just common sense that it's easier to either break or cut a blade by going across the flat of the blade. If anything it reflects how poor Exia's state was, with it's one armed melee ability and an inability to jocky for a proper posture to press his attack. Setsuna lost the posture, his blade went at a bad orientation, and the beam saber cut through it. It's that simple, really!
Old 2008-10-09, 01:06   Link #7155
FuzzyWuzzy

Is saji going to be a meister?
Anyone know if he is from spoiler sites or magazines.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 01:07   Link #7156
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Is saji going to be a meister?
Anyone know if he is from spoiler sites or magazines.
No. It wouldn't make any sense to have him as a Meister.
Old 2008-10-09, 01:08   Link #7157
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
No. It wouldn't make any sense to have him as a Meister.
K. Is he going to join the celestial beings?
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 01:11   Link #7158
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
We'll see. Depends on what he's shown--one of the spoilers said that he'd learn the true identity of Louise's attacker in coming episodes.
Old 2008-10-09, 01:32   Link #7159
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
He may not have a choice;
1, CB might not allow him to leave them alive, since he already knows too much about them.
2, Saji is already blacklisted as a terrorist by A-laws. The chance of him being re-imprisoned and tortured for information is high if he returns to the Federation.

Why were you rescued by Celestial Bring! What do you know! Tell us if you want to live!
Old 2008-10-09, 03:58   Link #7160
grss1982

Quote:

LOL!!!!

Tags
spoilers