Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-03-15, 03:01   Link #7161
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I heard that Unholy Death Knights have a haste soft-cap that goes to about 30% and once you pass this percentage, all haste is practically useless... Is this info true? I'm about 29.65% right now and curious to know if I should just keep going for haste since I'm close to said cap.
Hmm, from research via guild leader[plays DPS and tank DK] and DK forums says there is a "soft cap" for haste on unholy, but both said that the soft cap isn't reach even with T11.5 and heroic raid gear, so I really wouldn't worry about except maybe during a trinket proc.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 06:56   Link #7162
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Death Knight soloed Yogg-Saron.
Old 2011-03-15, 15:34   Link #7163
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Hmm, from research via guild leader[plays DPS and tank DK] and DK forums says there is a "soft cap" for haste on unholy, but both said that the soft cap isn't reach even with T11.5 and heroic raid gear, so I really wouldn't worry about except maybe during a trinket proc.
Hmm, if even that gear is not able to reach the haste cap, then I shouldn't worry about it with heroic blues thanks Konakaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Wait what!!?!?!?
Old 2011-03-15, 19:47   Link #7164
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
way to go dumb death knight!, way to prove blizzard your class needs to be nerfed MORE
Old 2011-03-15, 19:52   Link #7165
Jaden

That's impressive. He was almost dead a lot of the time, saved by Hodir and all that. It's like...barely possible. Not even any tricks involved, except for maybe some dark simulacrum it's just blasting through with raw power
Old 2011-03-15, 19:53   Link #7166
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well it is three tiers of gear, five levels, and maybe 5 times the health later than Ulduar content.
Old 2011-03-15, 20:04   Link #7167
Xacual

Blizzard isn't going to balance DK's on old content especially stuff like ulduar. If they were they would have nerfed people at 80 soloing Magtheridon, Karazhan, Tempest Keep, etc. Also yeah he almost died a couple times, it was pretty impressive though. I'd say the key was the dps increase from 80 to 85 since ulduar dps was only like 5-7k at best so an 85 with the keeper buffs could do so much more.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 20:30   Link #7168
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
way to go dumb death knight!, way to prove blizzard your class needs to be nerfed MORE
You can also count the massive health boost everyone got from level 80-85, the mechanics during level 80 Ulduar would damage the Death Knight little, so it would be similar to something like 30% Death Knight level 80 attempting to solo Sindragosa (was able to but she reached enrage timer)
Old 2011-03-18, 09:22   Link #7169
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I was only foolin around hehe wish paladins could do it
Old 2011-03-18, 20:14   Link #7170
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Anyone having issues logging in to a server of late?
Old 2011-03-19, 00:38   Link #7171
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Anyone having issues logging in to a server of late?
No, but my latency acted rather strange a few times today. Also did Maloriak with my guild this week wasn't too rough of a fight since they had all done him before, so downed him first try, and we almost downed both chimearon [22%] and The Drake twins in BoT, we got it to freaking 1.5% before wiping completely[had a DPS die early] and couldn't quite manage to down them D:, if we had battle rez would have them .
And I did some more arena today, but thanks to cap on conquest points I am freaking 180 points off from getting my druid's PVP polearm , at least I got my 2nd piece of tier 11 today on my druid.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 01:51   Link #7172
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Found the problem...did some networking at home and one of the other computers security setting said it was my computer and thus confused Battle.net.

However, here it is, nearly 4.1 and our guild finally downs the Lich King. We had only one wipe and that was the Lich King himself. He's killed me 39 times now, but we downed him at last.
Old 2011-03-19, 10:37   Link #7173
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
However, here it is, nearly 4.1 and our guild finally downs the Lich King. We had only one wipe and that was the Lich King himself. He's killed me 39 times now, but we downed him at last.
Were you guys still level 80s? Or were you trying to 19man or whichever number him? but grats on the downing
Old 2011-03-19, 11:22   Link #7174
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Was it impressive, no. Just the first time we've been able to get a guild raid going for a while.

8 then everntually 10 level 85s in Icecrown. It would have been 9 from the start but I was having that connection issue for about an hour. Not all of us are hit capped (I am), so we were having misses on bosses and the normal stuff. We still lost half the raid to the Lich King.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2011-03-20 at 11:36.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 22:55   Link #7175
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

/sigh

It's been a real pain in the ass recently. Been struggling to get 25 for raids, and when we do 10's its always the same group that goes together - we're supposed to swap people around between two groups but they just refuse to listen. Barely raided in 4 weeks. Kinda sad that after 6 years of work I've put into this guild (as officer and GL) it may come to an end soon. New guild leader can't see the problem through all the purples he is getting with his cherry picked group screwing the raid balance for the other group.

There no recruits on our server, between all the top guilds each has prolly had... 3 or less recruits since Cata began.
Old 2011-03-21, 02:52   Link #7176
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Mione (the soloing Wrath content DK) is at it again. Has now soloed 4/5 of Trial of the Crusaders and is also working on soloing the Lich King.
Old 2011-03-21, 03:57   Link #7177
Xacual

Man soloing the LK would take a lot of work. You'd have to hope the disease never jumped back to you and then make sure that you could slow or stun the big guy that has it before he dies from it so that you don't get a ridiculous stack at the end. Actually can they be slowed? I know stun works. Then the valkyrs wouldn't they pick him up? I know I've been picked up before sort of bad luck on tank switches despite having aggro and the Lich King kept following the valk hitting me.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 07:04   Link #7178
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Mione (the soloing Wrath content DK) is at it again. Has now soloed 4/5 of Trial of the Crusaders and is also working on soloing the Lich King.
not gonna happen, he'd have to be extremely lucky which wont happen
Old 2011-03-21, 13:36   Link #7179
Lilithium
Banned

Is anyone tired of World of Warcraft? I know this happens to everyone at some point, but I can't help but feel as though I am a mouse in a maze and whatever pathetic rewards I get in return for subjecting myself to the game are nothing more than pieces of cheese. Sure, that's the basis for World of Warcraft. It's nothing more than reward and punishment. Yes, most MMORPGs are based off that notion. There is no denying that, but the game seems hardly worth my time as it's difficulty will lessen as more Cataclysm content is released. The first tier of raids will be easier without a doubt, and it's just going to keep going down and down.

I had more fun in Burning Crusade. I had to do dailies to grind reputation for factions such as the Netherwing Brood, but it was fun for me! I had a sense of achievement. Now we have these goddamn faction tabards and that aspect of the game has been made easier. Karazhan was still hard up until it was nerfed to high heaven. You had to spend lots of time perfecting your strategy in Mt. Hyjal! It was so fun to do, but all I get now is that these raids are not meant to challenge you, but only reward you for a brief amount of difficulty in the encounters.

Maybe some older FFXI players will know what I'm talking about. I spent a hellish amount of time on that game, and it never got old for me. Simply leveling your character was a challenge, getting gear was another challenge, and participating in end game content was an even greater challenge. That's what I liked about it so much. The story of FFXI also brought the player into it. You were hardly involved in World of Warcraft until Wrath of the Lich King, and it's still lacking that personal depth to it.

I don't want gear that looks great on my character. I'm not playing video games to dress my character up like a barbie doll. I'm playing it for the challenges presented to me, and WoW just isn't doing it for me anymore.
Lilithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 14:13   Link #7180
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ *hands you rift* enjoy

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows