AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-04-23, 20:40   Link #701
Skye629

Talking

Clanche, Age-2 mass-production type (from maknaedik's post in the gunpla thread).

It seems the Sigmasis technology has been standardized.[/QUOTE]

Those heads remind me of the Sniper VF Valkyries in Macross Frontier for some reason + they transform O-o

But for me thats a good thing cuz I love Macross and transforming suits in general
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 20:55   Link #702
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I'm liking the new grunt suits

But they will get kicked around like nothing though.

I like the new Vagan dragon suit. Very super robot-ish, but very cool!
Old 2012-04-23, 21:19   Link #703
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Anyone else think ClaMche might be a typo?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 21:28   Link #704
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
After Spallow, it's probably deliberate.

Yeah, Zeheart and the dragons will likely cut through these cool suits like the last battle.
Old 2012-04-23, 21:46   Link #705
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I'm not gonna dismiss them just yet. Maybe the Federation finally got the ball rolling.
Old 2012-04-23, 22:14   Link #706
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Yes, because we have "Clanch" right there with something that's supposed to be the same thing but Custom. At this point, it's safe to assume that it's a typo unless we see more sources repeating the same thing. Magazine makes one letter print errors all the time really.

Spallow is different I guess, it was a name deliberately chosen and extended from a word.

Quote:
I'm not gonna dismiss them just yet. Maybe the Federation finally got the ball rolling.
The problem isn't usually stats but rather presentation, they're usually going to veggie short hand of the stick somehow, even if they're stats are supposedly good.

Usually it goes Gundam>Bad Guys>Good Guys grunt. Anything below will get a power downgrade presentation wise.
Old 2012-04-24, 09:36   Link #707
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Seems to be a new wear for AGE-2 in side story? More BFG!

Old 2012-04-24, 10:39   Link #708
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

and i think it's back in original blue

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 14:21   Link #709
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Can't be avoided since it's Ebikawa, but those shoulder cannons on the AGE-2 MSV definitely remind me of the Gundam Sefer Rasiel's GN Bits. Kinda odd seeing the AGE-2's alternate wear as just MSV, but it's better than nothing.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 15:19   Link #710
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Finally, AGE MSV is starting.

The upper parts of those shoulder cannons remind me of the white MS at the Madorna Workshop.
Old 2012-04-24, 18:59   Link #711
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I'm confused, I thought Unknown Soldiers was supposed to be the MSV one.

I'm worried about the AGE-2 MSV's coloring might suggest that it might be some unused concept, because AGE-2 Normal is supposed to be still all white years in the future. I can live with unused concepts in 00 but the AGE System and huge timeskips makes it far less forgivable here.
Old 2012-04-25, 03:55   Link #712
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I gotta be honest, the armaments on Vagan MS is getting a tad bit ridiculous. This picture just did me in.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...65564GH534.jpg

Why oh why do the Dorados have those 3 barreled (NOT) missile launchers? It already has two beam vulcans, a beam rifle, and a chest cannon. Not to mention two beam sabers. It's seriously overkill, especially when fighting Adeles, or anything else for that matter. I could see the concept if (in that scene at least) they were missiles. Missiles are good to have, they can lock on, follow a target, and are generally pretty destructive. But....6 more beam vulcans? I don't get it.

Same thing goes with the Zeydra and its rifle creating a beam saber. What is the point of that? IT HAS A BEAM SABER IN ITS DAMN HAND. By turning on the rifles beam saber mode, you got one less accurate medium ranged weapon. Just use the solid sword, or the beam saber.

end rant
Old 2012-04-25, 04:12   Link #713
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i've always tought that the Vagan MSes were more heavily armed than their federation counterparts from the start
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 08:29   Link #714
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
I gotta be honest, the armaments on Vagan MS is getting a tad bit ridiculous. This picture just did me in.

Why oh why do the Dorados have those 3 barreled (NOT) missile launchers? It already has two beam vulcans, a beam rifle, and a chest cannon. Not to mention two beam sabers. It's seriously overkill, especially when fighting Adeles, or anything else for that matter. I could see the concept if (in that scene at least) they were missiles. Missiles are good to have, they can lock on, follow a target, and are generally pretty destructive. But....6 more beam vulcans? I don't get it.

Same thing goes with the Zeydra and its rifle creating a beam saber. What is the point of that? IT HAS A BEAM SABER IN ITS DAMN HAND. By turning on the rifles beam saber mode, you got one less accurate medium ranged weapon. Just use the solid sword, or the beam saber.

end rant
For the rifle saber, it's so you can quickly use the beam saber on the same arm already holding the rifle without storing said rifle or throwing it away (especially if the pilots really prefers to only keep using say the right arm for both). Pretty much the same concept as the vulcans also having a beam saber mode.

Also keeps dual sword option open even as the rifle is used. Because the rifle has superior firepower than the vulcan, there's always a rationale for equipping it for the better ranged attack and the beam saber mode pretty much just makes it a stronger handheld Vagan vulcan. If the rifle doesn't have the saber mode, then the arm equipped with the rifle won't have quick easy access to a sword.

And while it hasn't been used, it also means that ifthe Zeydra chooses to have two of the rifles on each arm then it still would have access to dual saber options as well.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2012-04-25 at 10:24.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 17:14   Link #715
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:

end rant
... I... I can't believe it... you, of all people, are arguing utility and function over form? I think I just saw a pig fly by my window
Old 2012-04-25, 17:18   Link #716
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Sometimes the a line has to be drawn dear Kuroi. I'm fine with all Vagan MS being basically walking attack fortresses with all their weapons. Makes for a strong enemy.

But when you give a rifle a beam saber mode, when the MS using it already has two spare melee options, or give a MS 6 more beam vulcans, when they already have enough, it's time to stop.
Old 2012-04-25, 17:40   Link #717
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
But when you give a rifle a beam saber mode, when the MS using it already has two spare melee options, or give a MS 6 more beam vulcans, when they already have enough, it's time to stop.
So you would have been fine with the six beam vulcans had the ones on the hands been removed?
Old 2012-04-25, 17:51   Link #718
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
So you would have been fine with the six beam vulcans had the ones on the hands been removed?
No, one is enough. If one of the wrist weapons where the beam vulcans, and the other missiles, that would be better. It would be more practical as well. Limit the movement of the enemy with a barrage of gun fire, then launch the missiles.
Old 2012-04-25, 17:53   Link #719
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
No, one is enough. If one of the wrist weapons where the beam vulcans, and the other missiles, that would be better. It would be more practical as well. Limit the movement of the enemy with a barrage of gun fire, then launch the missiles.
You just want the Vagan to have missiles. I'm suddenly reminded of S2 and the movie in 00. By that point, traditional weapons had become pretty much obsolete. Barring a particular instance near the end of S2, of course. Granted, CB spammed them by the ship-load, but the A-Laws and Innovators... kinda didn't.
Old 2012-04-25, 17:54   Link #720
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Missiles are never obsolete.

Never.