3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.49%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.46%
Voters: 410. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-05-06, 04:18   Link #701
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Unrelated question: why does the loli have Mordred, instead of, you know, the disowned Prince trying to kill his father?
Because he and his pizza eating witch already got Gawain.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 04:25   Link #702
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
I think it was a message to Charles after they cleared out Lelouch's room, and last I checked Lelouch didn't have a beard... >_>
His father has curls and a beard.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 05:33   Link #703
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Because he and his pizza eating witch already got Gawain.
But they lost it! In about 6 short episodes too! Lame!

Gundam Lancelot lasted way longer...actually it's still around. And Gawain was even more epic than its friendly rival machine. Fast, deadly, superpowered, well-designed, and goes well with a slick black tone colour to spearhead the advances of the, *tan dan dan*, Black Knights.

If they aren't gonna get that super awesome machine back, they could at least get their hands on a new cool machine somehow. "Mordred" seems like as apt a name as any for the machine of a dark rebellious prince (it really can't get more obvious than that, he even has his own green-haired, moe moe Morgan le Fay after all). Instead they give a bulky TTGL reject called "Mordred" to a fanservice loli character nobody cares about.

^is obviously a Gawain fan, Arthurian or Geass
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 05:35   Link #704
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I think Suzaku got powerleveled in terms of character wise, from annoying preachy hypocrite to an unforgiveable evil bastard. Better to hate him for his villainy than to hate him for his irritating personality imo

Atleast now, Lelouch have someone playing against him on the same level.
Old 2008-05-06, 05:45   Link #705
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post

Atleast now, Lelouch have someone playing against him on the same level.
Lol Suzaku isnt even closes to his level he just got luck using a little girl to beat him.
Did lelouche even used a little girl to beat his enemies??
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 06:04   Link #706
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
Lol Suzaku isnt even closes to his level he just got luck using a little girl to beat him.
Well, there's this green haired immortal witch that gave Lelouch this special power that lets him order folk around, all by looking into their eye. Suzaku had to fight tooth and nail to get to where he is.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2008-05-06 at 06:20.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 06:17   Link #707
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Being given superhuman abilities helped Suzaku too, but I suppose that doesn't matter.

I wonder if the Lancelot ever will get destroyed and whether Lelouch will ever get another good Knightmare.

Well, Lloyd and Cecile will be making an appearence next episode so there should be some comedy at least.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 06:24   Link #708
Deathwing
what do i know

Damn that was an amazing move at the end by suzaku i was not expecting something like that from him. I can't wait to see how Lelouch gets out of this mess (by the previews for next episode it's not looking too well for him)
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 06:34   Link #709
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Well, there's this green haired immortal witch that gave Lelouch this special power that lets him order folk around, all by looking into their eye. Suzaku had to fight tooth and nail to get to where he is.
Suzaku is good at fighting tooth and nail. That's the easy part. You can congratulate him when he actually get loyal followers of his own. (And knowing the fact that Suzaku is the intentional opposite of Lulu, and how Zero get allies by the truckload, Suzaku will probably have no followers for the rest of the series.)
Old 2008-05-06, 06:36   Link #710
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Gundam Lancelot lasted way longer...actually it's still around. And Gawain was even more epic than its friendly rival machine. Fast, deadly, superpowered, well-designed, and goes well with a slick black tone colour to spearhead the advances of the, *tan dan dan*, Black Knights.
Fast? I can't remember quite well of the Gawain, but it was more like a glass cannon and commanding ship than a HAX brutish melee/polyvalent KF like Lancelot.
Heck, I'm pretty sure that if both KF got a duel, lancelot would have the upper hand just because of the speed.

Gawain is a fat cannon, but not really fast.
EDIT: I've just remembered that Cornelia owned C.C and lulu with her custom glouster against Gawain. Without geassed Darlton, they would have got through a hell of pain with Cornelia dealing such damage on gawain. Explicitely demonstrating that Gawain is a force to reckon on a army battle, but doesn't exactly go well as a stand alone.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-05-06 at 06:47.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 06:48   Link #711
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Heck, I'm pretty sure that if both KF got a duel, lancelot would have the upper hand just because of the speed.
Lancelot is a far more agile, deadly one-on-one machine, I agree. But Gawain itself is also pretty fast.

First, it can fly, at high speed. It does that all the time from the first escape to the final fall.

Second, its maneuverability might not match Lancelot's haxx0rs powers (which, honestly, has no equal we've seen so far), but C.C. did do a lot of twists and turns to avoid Orange-kun in the last episode of first season. Those are not moves that normal KMF's, even if they can fly, can do.

And third, Gawain can do solo. It kind of had to do so to get to Lancelot in the Kyushu Invasion episode. It's just not very wise to do so against superior pilots in excellent machines, since those types will just try and close in on the Gawain and renders its ranged advantage useless. Plus the named character factor.

But I see your point. It's epic but not without its flaws, and haxx pilots like Suzaku and Cornelia are exactly the Gawain's nemesis.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 06:49   Link #712
Tormenk

Quote:
If they aren't gonna get that super awesome machine back, they could at least get their hands on a new cool machine somehow. "Mordred" seems like as apt a name as any for the machine of a dark rebellious prince (it really can't get more obvious than that, he even has his own green-haired, moe moe Morgan le Fay after all). Instead they give a bulky TTGL reject called "Mordred" to a fanservice loli character nobody cares about.
While Anya did appear rather flat this episode, it was her debut episode. It would be fair to give some more time before slapping a label onto her.

And given that Mordred is big (around the size of the Gawain by estimation), I'm looking forward to Anya's debut battle, given that she is the youngest Knight in the Rounds and a rank above Suzaku.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
While Lelouch have not used emotional blackmail as a playing card yet, his manipulations has caused people to lose their lives. It's never easy to put on a scale on such matters.

Quote:

First, it can fly, at high speed. It does that all the time from the first escape to the final fall.
High top speed doesn't matters much when it doesn't have the manuverability to counter against other KMFs.

Quote:
But I see your point. It's epic but not without its flaws, and haxx pilots like Suzaku and Cornelia are exactly the Gawain's nemesis.
Point in case both were using speedy KMFs to exploit the sluggish Gawain. While Cornelia is good, I'm not sure how she would measure up to any of the Rounds.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 07:29   Link #713
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
While Lelouch have not used emotional blackmail as a playing card yet
Viletta-sensei, happy birthday!
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 07:46   Link #714
Tormenk

Lelouch's blackmail on Nu is closer to those to 'scandal from dirty secret' while Suzaku was using LL's sister as bait. Nu certainly wasn't threaten by the danger of anyone close to her then.

Besides that was an "evil-laugh-in-your-face-now-that-I-got-you" moment. Icing on the cake perhaps?

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 07:46   Link #715
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN24 View Post
People keep talking about how Suzaku is a hypocrite and how his plan will never work.Now, when his plan has a chance to succeed and he show us that he had stopped being a hypocrite then you say that his methods are evil and he deserve to die!!
I find it too funny that people can overlook the fact that Lelouch had: Blew up the JLF ship just to get to Cornelia,killed two of his siblings ( intentionally and unintentionally) and ordered a massacre in the process( unintentionally of course) then he abandoned his men to look for his lil sister and later shamelessly told them that he did it to win the war....
But Suzaku on the other hand will never be forgiven because: he killed his father when he was 10, he sold out his "best friend" for vengeance and for a title that can help him get closer to his goal,finally he dare to use his brain to put "everybody favorite Zero/Lelouch" in a tough situation... What do people want from Suzaku,seriously?
tell me then. how is his plan going to work? how is he going to accquire the title of Knight of One then. he admires the knight of one. but yet he wants to replace him. ironic isn't it? Lelouch case is different. He had the power to achieve it. whereas suzaku didn't achieve anything all. prove one thing he achieved then if u wanna argue on this point. i'm sure people dont mind suzaku having ideals. the fact that people can't forgive suzaku is that he keeps repeating these ideals but he doesn't practice what he preaches.
Ice_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 07:51   Link #716
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
People keep talking about how Suzaku is a hypocrite and how his plan will never work.Now, when his plan has a chance to succeed and he show us that he had stopped being a hypocrite then you say that his methods are evil and he deserve to die!!
Probably the root of the hatred towards Suzaku is probably that very few people really likes a Quisling, no matter how "good" his intentions are . Yes, he has in a sense stopped being a hypocrite - and althrough that at least could be said to be a good thing in a sense, it doesn't make him a "better" guy this time aroun, as it can be seen as that he has abandoned all morals.

Quote:
I find it too funny that people can overlook the fact that Lelouch had: Blew up the JLF ship just to get to Cornelia,killed two of his siblings ( intentionally and unintentionally) and ordered a massacre in the process( unintentionally of course)
Oh, so he shouldn't have killed someone who ordered a massacre on civilians? . As far as his massacre and killing euphie goes, that as indeed unintentionally - which I feel should matter, otherwise you might as well call, say, a bus driver who has a traffic accident where lots of people who were riding his bus died a mass murderer...

Quote:
then he abandoned his men to look for his lil sister and later shamelessly told them that he did it to win the war....
Hey, that was actually true in a very real sense: for Lelouch, without Nunnally, winning the war would be meaningless, so you could indeed say he really did it to win the war.

Quote:
But Suzaku on the other hand will never be forgiven because: he killed his father when he was 10,
What bothered me about that more than anything else is that he used what he calls the "wrong" kind of method to archieve that end - and afterwards calims that
"achieving results by wrong or illegal methods is meaningless", when he himself should know the best that oftentimes, doing exactly that archieves the wanted result the best.

Quote:
he sold out his "best friend" for vengeance and for a title that can help him get closer to his goal,
Let's see how much good it'll do for his goals in the end. Through I've always thought of him as being on the overly optimistic side as far as his goal to "change things from the inside" goes .
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 08:00   Link #717
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Bullet View Post
tell me then. how is his plan going to work? how is he going to accquire the title of Knight of One then. he admires the knight of one. but yet he wants to replace him. ironic isn't it? Lelouch case is different. He had the power to achieve it. whereas suzaku didn't achieve anything all. prove one thing he achieved then if u wanna argue on this point. i'm sure people dont mind suzaku having ideals. the fact that people can't forgive suzaku is that he keeps repeating these ideals but he doesn't practice what he preaches.
Being the first japanese to be a knight and no less knight of seven is an achievement imo though it didn't change much of the 11s status in society but let's not forget that the Black Rebellion didnt achieve anything tangible so far when it comes to liberating Japan from Brittania's grip as well.

Ironic that everyone kept criticizing Suzaku for using Nunnally to bait Lelouch. Playing dirty is something Lelouch is pretty good at if not better than Suzaku
Old 2008-05-06, 08:17   Link #718
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Bullet View Post
he admires the knight of one. but yet he wants to replace him. ironic isn't it? .
He admires him precisely because he wants to have that kind of power himself. Of course, unless the Knight of One dies of old age, Suzaku will actually have to surpass him, not just gain comparable power - is that why you consider it ironic?
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 08:29   Link #719
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
He admires him precisely because he wants to have that kind of power himself. Of course, unless the Knight of One dies of old age, Suzaku will actually have to surpass him, not just gain comparable power - is that why you consider it ironic?
yeah. how is he going to do that? unless he does something"great". and i'm sure the knight of one himself wouldn't take it sitting down.
Ice_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 08:38   Link #720
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
EDIT: I've just remembered that Cornelia owned C.C and lulu with her custom glouster against Gawain. Without geassed Darlton, they would have got through a hell of pain with Cornelia dealing such damage on gawain. Explicitely demonstrating that Gawain is a force to reckon on a army battle, but doesn't exactly go well as a stand alone.
Yeah Cornelia make a joke of Lelouch's piloting skills, imagine how quick it would've been over if Cornelia had the Lancelot...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote