AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of...

Notices

Old 2017-01-21, 03:00   Link #701
Kazu-kun

Soundtrack for the first season is out.

Ageless Moon is such a cool track.
Old 2017-01-22, 12:28   Link #702
Seihai
スマイリウム

That ending scene felt damn epic with the ED song underlining Alisha's small speech.
Old 2017-01-22, 21:51   Link #703
GDB

Kind of hoping Alisha's story takes the spotlight for a while. Sorey's training tour isn't very interesting.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-23, 18:16   Link #704
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Kind of hoping Alisha's story takes the spotlight for a while. Sorey's training tour isn't very interesting.
And then what? Not much has happened when compared to what *should* happen if the game is to be believed. There's eight episodes left which isn't a whole lot so I'm afraid how they'll wrap this series up or if it's gonna be "To be continued" crap ..

Do they really have time to shift the focus of the series to Alisha for an episode or two? especially if they plan to bring back more Berseria episodes or crossovers .. we don't really know why Velvet appears in the OP again. (or was it ED? I don't watch either).
Old 2017-01-23, 18:57   Link #705
RDNexus

It's in the OP. I'm curious too.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-24, 08:08   Link #706
Jaden

Quote:
And then what? Not much has happened when compared to what *should* happen if the game is to be believed. There's eight episodes left which isn't a whole lot so I'm afraid how they'll wrap this series up or if it's gonna be "To be continued" crap ..
It's not going to be 13 episodes like the first season? I thought there'd be 10 to go. Either way, they've altered the script so much in this season that I have no idea what form the plot will take. Ufotable hasn't let me down before, though. They might even make a double-length episode like they did for UBW.
Old 2017-01-24, 12:46   Link #707
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

It's crystal clear that they are going to merge arcs together. I think they will have enough time.

They won't be doing any Trials (I think) and they certainly won't be hunting for those Historia thingy! That already removes a huge chunk of the post-war content (end of S1).
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 11:17   Link #708
tsunade666

what a cliffhanger. backstory for Rose and ideal vs reality.
Old 2017-01-29, 12:51   Link #709
RDNexus

Is it me or has Rose's backstory been greatly changed from what was portrayed in the game?
Old 2017-01-29, 13:22   Link #710
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Is it me or has Rose's backstory been greatly changed from what was portrayed in the game?
Dezel's place in it, maybe. I thought that on the whole, the anime version made more sense, though we'll see. It's not over.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 13:25   Link #711
RDNexus

Yeah, in a sense, things have been better portrayed in the Anime so far.
What about the prince? I'm not sure if I remember him in the game
Old 2017-01-29, 13:53   Link #712
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Yeah, in a sense, things have been better portrayed in the Anime so far.
What about the prince? I'm not sure if I remember him in the game
I don't think he was in the game either. Except in a flashback.
Old 2017-01-29, 21:09   Link #713
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

He was in the game, for literally 1 minute, until Rose slashed him. The flashback scene was a mess (from the game).
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 14:17   Link #714
DemonneoPT

Gawd, Sorey is annoying!!! Just let Rose do her job already . I can understand him not wanting to kill those converted by the malevolence but that garbage prince is better off dead anyway. One less scum to worry about. Does Sorey actually think he would be able to change anything without killing those in power? Not even Alisha is that naive. Honestly, Rose for the MC role now..lol
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 14:27   Link #715
RDNexus

I think you're the one who didn't understand the whole thing...if I'm not wrong, of course.
Yes, Sorey may still be being naive, but there's also the thing about people getting corrupted by impurity and becoming monsters.
He may be trying to prevent Rose and the others from getting turned.
Old 2017-02-02, 17:00   Link #716
DemonneoPT

Yeah, i kinda understand what you are saying and maybe that was what Sorey was also thinking but Rose has been an assassin all of her life and always fought for what she believed. If everyone is turned by the malevolence just because they need to kill bad people to make a better world then that world is fucked since it's creation . The only way i see for Sorey to succeed is if he actually finds a way to "cure" dragons back to their original human form. But even that, will not prevent the malevolence to turn people to their dark side.
Anyway, i just hate seeing these characters preventing others from fulfilling their revenge/goals. It annoys me so much for some reason..lol. Some people hate when their ship does not happens, i hate these type of situations instead
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 17:06   Link #717
Kazu-kun

^ Rose has been killing all her life, but this time is different. She's clearly out for revenge against a guy who wronged her personally. She's clearly affected by this, emotionally. This isn't about justice and ideals anymore. She just hates this guy and wants him dead.

With all those feelings inside, it would be natural if she gets engulfed in malevolence.

Besides, let's be realistic here. If everyone killed whoever they think is evil, the world would be a shithole of apocalyptic proportions. Rose might think she's carrying out her special brand of "justice" with her killings, but that ideal is flawed and naive and doomed to failure. Better if Sorey manages to stop her for good now.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2017-02-02 at 17:18.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 18:16   Link #718
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Eh, I dunno. How about stopping her after this guy?

I get that you don't stop systematic corruption by stabbing bad people one at a time. But OTOH, she doesn't stab just anyone: she goes after people who are above the law. Ideally, they'd be dealt with by courts and stuff, but that's not the world they live in.

On the third hand, as she showed with Alisha, she really lacks discernment.
Old 2017-02-02, 18:37   Link #719
Kazu-kun

Quote:
But OTOH, she doesn't stab just anyone
You need perfect people who never make mistakes for this to work like that. But such a thing doesn't exist. People make mistakes, everyone does. Rose herself failed big time when she tried to kill Alisha, and by orders of a corrupt leader who can give this prince guy a run for his money.

Nah, this whole noble assassins gig is nonsense and has to go, and this would be as good a time as any to stop. Plus, growing out of this thing would be a nice character development for Rose.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2017-02-02 at 20:56.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-03, 02:26   Link #720
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
You need perfect people who never make mistakes for this to work like that.
No, you just need people who make few enough mistakes. It's not like there is a perfect alternative, even with judges, juries, appeals and so on. And at present, the alternative is letting the nobles and powerful keep being murderous assholes with no fear of repercussions.

Quote:
But such a thing doesn't exist. People make mistakes, everyone does. Rose herself failed big time when she tried to kill Alisha, and by orders of a corrupt leader who can give this prince guy a run for his money.
Yeah, it's that bit that makes me wonder: how many of the bad guys Rose justiced away were just honest, kind authority figures who were trying to do right by their people, and just weren't as badass as Alisha?

Quote:
Nah, this whole noble assassins gig is nonsense and has to go, and this would be as good a time as any to stop. Plus, growing out of this thing would be a nice character development for Rose.
After she's killed the one who murdered her father would be good time to stop too. It may be a sunk cost fallacy, but to stop with her own grudge unresolved, after killing so many others who never did her harm?