AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-11, 00:31   Link #701
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Spoiler:

Raiga: Wait, she's supposed to be from the Amakusa Catholics!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 04:14   Link #702
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Spoiler:

Ayaka, no way!
nc pun for Ai Kayano...
She's my favorite character in this anime, i hope she really didn't die..

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 05:54   Link #703
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The DL for this episode warned of a twist at the end... but I didn't expect THAT

Spoiler for It's very ironic though really:

Episode 11, COME FASTER D:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 09:33   Link #704
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Spoiler:
Lol, it took me awhile, but I got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The DL for this episode warned of a twist at the end... but I didn't expect THAT

Spoiler for It's very ironic though really:

Episode 11, COME FASTER D:
He should realized that Narumi is already involved and part of this the moment he met Ayaka's brother...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 10:45   Link #705
Candyshark

Spoiler for ep.10:

Kayano's acting was so on spot I nearly squealed. Very little about her on nets. Wish there were more stuff like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPQMb9XOUJQ

Last edited by Candyshark; 2011-09-11 at 11:00.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 11:40   Link #706
SkoolRumble4Ya

Yeah I hope she isn't dead. Damn I didn't expect that shit to happen.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 15:16   Link #707
Ghostfriendly

Even if the end of ep 10 was shocking, I can't fault its execution. Relegating Ayaka to a cute side character for several eps, making everyone happy by bringing her back into focus, and then bringing that ending out of left field was a masterstroke. Sidelining the chacter up to now wasn't a mistake, but built up affection for her and made something like this more unthinkable.

Light Novels ensuring their characters' survival without realism rather annoys me, and I agree with comment saying that the preveiw seems to indicate death. Still very sad though ):

Spoiler for speculation:
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 18:22   Link #708
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Page 9: That Summer's Twenty-First Pitch

Alice touring the outdoors it's just hilarious, when she had no other choice but to fill-in as hit batter. So long for her statements regarding the sun and the atmosphere to be her natural enemies.

And, I'm glad that Meo's back, keeping at being just as cute and adorable as ever.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 21:02   Link #709
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

What the hell was that why would Ayaka do that
Old 2011-09-12, 01:39   Link #710
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

Ayaka... T_T
My soul is crushed...
Old 2011-09-12, 07:37   Link #711
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithKurogane View Post
Ayaka... T_T
My soul is crushed...
Her suicide still haunting me even in my sleep, she was in my dream a night ago..

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 08:05   Link #712
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

You see, this supposed to happen on the very first arc for God sake. I mean, this incident define his characteristic in the whole series, why although he could be very wimpy, but he can also sometimes be reckless enough to put his neck on those incidents like the Yakuza one or the one with Yondaime, why he decides to stay with Alice, and why he still hang around with the "good-for-nothing" group of NEETS. Furthermore, the fact that this happen on the very first arc is what makes this series start with a bang IMO.

Luckily, they still decide to adapt this arc in the end, but the timing for this arc isn't as good as if they decide to keep the novel's time line, as in starting the series with this arc instead of the Yakuza one.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 08:55   Link #713
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
You see, this supposed to happen on the very first arc for God sake. I mean, this incident define his characteristic in the whole series, why although he could be very wimpy, but he can also sometimes be reckless enough to put his neck on those incidents like the Yakuza one or the one with Yondaime, why he decides to stay with Alice, and why he still hang around with the "good-for-nothing" group of NEETS. Furthermore, the fact that this happen on the very first arc is what makes this series start with a bang IMO.

Luckily, they still decide to adapt this arc in the end, but the timing for this arc isn't as good as if they decide to keep the novel's time line, as in starting the series with this arc instead of the Yakuza one.

They didn't start with the Yakuza arc, there was an original story remember? Though it did borrow the introduction scenes from the first book, nevertheless it still started the show with a bang. Incidentally suicide in also involved in that one so I guess we have a winning formula?

(Suicide, drugs and teen prostitution, all the makings of a family entertainment)

There is still a chance to spin it so that this incident can still affect Narumi the way it does in the novel, as a sort of accumulation of everything he had experienced up to this point, and Ayaka's suicide would solidify his determination once and for all.
Old 2011-09-12, 09:52   Link #714
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episodes 1-10

I finally caught up with this series. I tell you, when the first ep aired, I thought "ooh, 1 hour an episode. Sounds like fun". Imagine how I reacted when I found out it was a normal timeslot ep2 onwards

Okay no don't imagine that, but really, was an entertaining ride all the way to ep 09, and I have to say my favorite ep so far was.... EPISODE 04!!!

*runs*

Ahem anyways, I then watched ep 10. Ah, when Ayaka was asking Fuji about what were they discussing when they booted her out of Alice's room, I would of told her that I didn't want to get her involved, that I had to protect her no matter the cost, and then she would have went misty eyed, she's says my name, I say hers, as our bodies came closer I embraced her with... wait a minute

BUT NOOOOOOOOOO *end vader voice track* did she have to end her life by skydiving at school? WHYYYYYYYY

Do you guys not see the implication of this? No Ayaka means no more Fujishima screen time, and no more baseball

"WHO CARES ABOUT FUJI" you say? Still not getting the big picture? No more Fujishima screen time = him working in the noodle shop.

AND HIM WORKING IN THE NOODLE SHOP MEANS LESS TIME TO ASSIST ALICE. Less Alice = I can't take it anymore! *mangatron jumps off a roof and get's his fall cushioned by a bed of roses*

Mwuhahaha this thread isn't safe anymore now that I've tainted it XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
And, I'm glad that Meo's back, keeping at being just as cute and adorable as ever.
Yeah Meo! How did Fuji contact her? They exchanged emails? She's more than just a friend!? NOOOOOO *mangatron jumps again*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
I'd like to lighten the mood here with this most irreverent image.

Spoiler for Size:
Ooh, what's her ability and level? She can talk to plants? *runs*
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 09:59   Link #715
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
They didn't start with the Yakuza arc, there was an original story remember? Though it did borrow the introduction scenes from the first book, nevertheless it still started the show with a bang. Incidentally suicide in also involved in that one so I guess we have a winning formula?

(Suicide, drugs and teen prostitution, all the makings of a family entertainment)

There is still a chance to spin it so that this incident can still affect Narumi the way it does in the novel, as a sort of accumulation of everything he had experienced up to this point, and Ayaka's suicide would solidify his determination once and for all.
But it didn't explain why Narumi ended up being detective assistant of Alice, and why he keeps getting associated with those "good-for-nothing" NEETS when he himself thought that he should stay away from them(especially the gambling addicts Tetsu).

Besides, although the original story also has the element of suicide, wouldn't it be more of a bang when the one doing the suicide is someone close to the protagonist? And a stranger doing doing suicide certainly wouldn't push someone to be as reckless as Narumi to go as far as poking his nose toward real Yakuzas
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 10:32   Link #716
Bullet2k4

those dark lines she has under her eyes look similar to the one on the dead girl in episode 1.
Bullet2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 10:51   Link #717
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet2k4 View Post
those dark lines she has under her eyes look similar to the one on the dead girl in episode 1.
Are you saying.... that she sold her body? Aaaaahhhh *faints*

Ahem I would say she got Fixed, but Toshi-niichan didn't look dead-tired like that
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 16:48   Link #718
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
But it didn't explain why Narumi ended up being detective assistant of Alice, and why he keeps getting associated with those "good-for-nothing" NEETS when he himself thought that he should stay away from them(especially the gambling addicts Tetsu).

Besides, although the original story also has the element of suicide, wouldn't it be more of a bang when the one doing the suicide is someone close to the protagonist? And a stranger doing doing suicide certainly wouldn't push someone to be as reckless as Narumi to go as far as poking his nose toward real Yakuzas
It could be one of those character developments where the protagonist does something he doesn't fully understand himself, but only after accumulating all the experience he had with them, he finally gets it.

This incident would just be the one that tips the scale for good.

btw I meant to address this, some people are saying that Ayaka has been delegated to side character and doesn't have much interaction for most of the series and so the impact of her suicide isn't as powerful, but I think if this is the first story, then Ayaka would only have this amount of exposure anyway and so it shouldn't be a factor at all.
Old 2011-09-12, 21:01   Link #719
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Are you saying.... that she sold her body? Aaaaahhhh *faints*

Ahem I would say she got Fixed, but Toshi-niichan didn't look dead-tired like that
Well she could have gotten captured, drugged, sold on the street for some extra income and then tossed off the building....

But I doubt this series would be that realistic.
Old 2011-09-12, 21:05   Link #720
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Using the university as a cover up for drug operations, that's genius
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bromance, comedy, drama, slice of life