AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-03, 19:36   Link #701
aortax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarrow View Post
Wait, why Maya speaks russian? Неужели в России много фанатов mahouk-и?
Dafaq........
aortax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 19:43   Link #702
Chirst

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Since there are a lot of people in denial in here currently, here's proof that Amazon broke street date and is shipping the volumes out a whole week earlier than they should.

My copy

I also got another proof that someone got novel vol 16 in advance
Chirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 19:45   Link #703
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanfow View Post
That's something that i didn't really understand. Ichijou contesting the engagement? the Ichijou house shouldn't have any right to pry on another house business right? I mean he can propose to her but it's not like he's got any saying on it.
It isn't like the Ichijou family can enforce their challenge to the engagement.

Miyuki only acted friendly to Masaki because her brother asked her to. If Masaki ever found the courage to propose to Miyuki, the best he will get as a response would be a lough in his face.

I am actually really surprised that they would object considering Tatsuya beat their 'Heir" in the 9SC when they were both freshmen.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 20:36   Link #704
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
Too bad it isn't available on Amazon.co.jp in the Kindle format sadly. Or the whole series for that matter. Importing is an option though, since that cover is gold worth.
Well, everyone even guys at Japan wishes for E-copy of Mahouka, but I think, the publishing company cannot easily make this decision because of profit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aortax View Post
Where did you get the numbers sending a congratulatory notes from? Was that stated ?
I saw the similar thing from 2chan, but I did not have any proof to back it up. So, I avoided mentioning it.
According to anon at 2chan,
1. 10MC sent congratulatory messages.
2. Ichijou only raised issue with the engagement.
I did not share this because the page of vol.16 regarding Ichijou is already online, and I was hoping Japanese speaker to provide confirmation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
It isn't like the Ichijou family can enforce their challenge to the engagement.
Miyuki only acted friendly to Masaki because her brother asked her to. If Masaki ever found the courage to propose to Miyuki, the best he will get as a response would be a lough in his face.
I am actually really surprised that they would object considering Tatsuya beat their 'Heir" in the 9SC when they were both freshmen.
Based on preview of vol.17 by the first spoiler, Masaki of Ichijou clan proposed to Miyuki for a marriage. I think, there are two interesting information from the preview for vol.17. 1. USNA's new character who will show up in Japan; 2. Masaki's marriage proposal to Miyuki.

This will never happen because Maya will not allow it, and Tatsuya will not allow it unless Miyuki wants Masaki; but, we know it is impossible for now.
However, it would be fun if Masaki gives up his position as a heir and move into Yotsuba. How will Retsu react towards Maya, Miyuki, Masaki, and Tatsuya under the same roof?
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 20:45   Link #705
aortax

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
Well, everyone even guys at Japan wishes for E-copy of Mahouka, but I think, the publishing company cannot easily make this decision because of profit.

I saw the similar thing from 2chan, but I did not have any proof to back it up. So, I avoided mentioning it.
I did not share this because the page of vol.16 regarding Ichijou is already online, and I was hoping Japanese speaker to provide confirmation.

Based on preview of vol.17 by the first spoiler, Masaki of Ichijou clan proposed to Miyuki for a marriage. I think, there are two interesting information from the preview for vol.17. 1. USNA's new character who will show up in Japan; 2. Masaki's marriage proposal to Miyuki.

This will never happen because Maya will not allow it, and Tatsuya will not allow it unless Miyuki wants Masaki; but, we know it is impossible for now.
However, it would be fun if Masaki gives up his position as a heir and move into Yotsuba. How will Retsu react towards Maya, Miyuki, Masaki, and Tatsuya under the same roof?

I meant like nobody on 4chan or here said so I wanted to know if it was self translated.
Old 2015-05-03, 20:49   Link #706
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
I meant like nobody on 4chan or here said so I wanted to know if it was self translated.
I haven't seen it until now. I am also wondering why no one is translating the last page, yet.
Old 2015-05-03, 20:58   Link #707
Flere821
Lurker

One thing to add that I haven't seen yet (everything else I wanted to say has, eg a offhand comment on how Maya and Miyuki looks a lot alike in that illustration and Tatsuya looked outright shocked ), Chinese forums normally are good as a source for LN info but don't expect it to be the case this time - they had to import info from English and translate it I see more spoilers here than there.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 20:58   Link #708
Zanfow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post

Impossible for now? I don't see how she would ever want him given her current feelings for Tatsuya... especially if there are only 4 volumes until the end of the novel.

On another note i'm dying to know everyone reactions about the marriage.
Zanfow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 21:03   Link #709
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
One thing to add that I haven't seen yet (everything else has, eg a offhand comment on how Maya and Miyuki looks a lot alike in that illustration and Tatsuya looked outright shocked ), Chinese forums normally are good as a source for LN info but don't expect it to be the case this time - they had to import info from English and translate it I see more spoilers here than there.
Because that English translation is created by me. It was spreading like a wildfire.
I translated Japanese spoiler from 2chan's spoiler thread with google trans and dictionary.
Since yesterday afternoon, people who posted photo of vol.16 and spoilers regarding vol.16, haven't been posting anything until now. I am also hoping for additional illustration and photo with texts. If you go back to some of my previous posts, you should be able to find the link and IDs of anons who posted pictures and spoilers. If you are interested, you can check it out.

By the way, if you get any information on Kuroba Twin SS, please share it.
Old 2015-05-03, 21:12   Link #710
Echizen777

Quote:
Impossible for now? I don't see how she would ever want him given her current feelings for Tatsuya... especially if there are only 4 volumes until the end of the novel.

On another note i'm dying to know everyone reactions about the marriage.
Tatsuya would not be willing to marry Miyuki either. I am actually surprised at how ugly things became, suddenly Maya starts something and every changes like that. Wasn't she supposed to reveal her identity after the 3rd year?
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 21:18   Link #711
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Tatsuya would not be willing to marry Miyuki either. I am actually surprised at how ugly things became, suddenly Maya starts something and every changes like that. Wasn't she supposed to reveal her identity after the 3rd year?
We won't know that unless more spoilers are released or when volume 17 is out.But I doubt Masaki can do anything about the engagement,like Maya and Miyuki will just respectfully reject his proposal

In volume 12 or 13 didn't Maya said that Tatsuya just needs to lay low till the Yotsuba meeting in the New Year?I already expected that Miyuki will be chosen and revealed as her heir to the 10MC's.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 21:20   Link #712
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
For your last question, it may be because Minami was planning to become her guardian when she moves into the main house. Maybe, the author was planning this from the beginning when he introduced Minami and sent her to the 1st high.
Old 2015-05-03, 21:21   Link #713
aortax

It would be really funny if masaki demands a 1 vs 1 with tatsuya with winner can get the loser to do what ever they want or something along those lines. When tatsua wins he makes masaki join their clan. I would love to see that.
Old 2015-05-03, 21:27   Link #714
TrueAlchemist

@aortax it is a clan business; when Masaki proposes to Miyuki of Yotsuba Clan, it would be formal proposal. But, it would be fun if Masaki's daddy is doing this for Masaki even if it may anger Yotsuba.
Old 2015-05-03, 21:35   Link #715
zerozeronine

I love the reactions we will going to get from those that Tatsuya has been close (or as close as you can get to him),and could be probably be like this:

Juumonji: That bastard lied to me not being from the 10MC's.
Mikihiko: I actually told Tatsuya to be wary of the Kuruba's???!
Leo: cool
Erika: "sights" in relief (that she doesn't need to be too guarded in accidentally revealing Tatsuya as someone who is from or related to the Yotsuba's.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 21:38   Link #716
Zanfow

Quote:
It would be really funny if masaki demands a 1 vs 1 with tatsuya with winner can get the loser to do what ever they want or something along those lines. When tatsua wins he makes masaki join their clan. I would love to see that.
Although it would be fun if this happened it won't come to that. All the Yotsuba have to do is reject the proposal.
Zanfow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 21:47   Link #717
Echizen777

Quote:
Although it would be fun if this happened it won't come to that. All the Yotsuba have to do is reject the proposal.
There's no way things will be that simple with Lina's return and everything.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 21:48   Link #718
aortax

Quote:
As hard as we got trolled I wouldn't be surprised if this happened. Would be a good chance to show of Tatsuya's power again.
Old 2015-05-03, 22:16   Link #719
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
I love the reactions we will going to get from those that Tatsuya has been close (or as close as you can get to him),and could be probably be like this:

Juumonji: That bastard lied to me not being from the 10MC's.
Mikihiko: I actually told Tatsuya to be wary of the Kuruba's???!
Leo: cool
Erika: "sights" in relief (that she doesn't need to be too guarded in accidentally revealing Tatsuya as someone who is from or related to the Yotsuba's.
I can see Juumonji, Miki and Leo being like that but Erika would probably show irritation and killing intent; as the same as feigning ignorance as to why shes feeling that way. I can see Honoka crying tho. If this is a shoujo manga that is. But pretty sure it would a meh.

Anyway off to discuss vol. 16

Erika is right about Tatsuya being the demon lord; Bet Tatsuya is going to be the final boss. He'll get brainwash by the Black Sage and Its up to our daring "Heroes" to save the world.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 22:34   Link #720
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Hey guys, whaOH, WHAT THE!?

Sorry, but that was pretty my reaction to the spoilers. Granted, some of them were ideas floating around the fanbase for a while, but wow. There seems to still be some conflicts regarding confirmation, so gonna have to wait and see to have a more proper reaction, though it is nice to finally see Maya drop the bomb I've waited for since reminiscence.

Not sure if I should hide the next part, but whatever.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Erika is right about Tatsuya being the demon lord; Bet Tatsuya is going to be the final boss. He'll get brainwash by the Black Sage and Its up to our daring "Heroes" to save the world.
Isn't that literally Miyuki's reason d'etre? And she'd want to stop him of her own will in that kind of situation anyway.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy