AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-23, 10:16   Link #701
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Beats me. It's just a rumor that's making the rounds, and since we don't really have any other leaks or definitive information to go on I just thought I would mention it. Not that it really matters. Maybe we'll find out more in future if there are interviews and stuff about the show.
It's either Satou or Kyoda until we get some other word. Or it might actually be a split set of a few people, given some scheduling problems or something.

If we'd be looking for a solid writer around BONES for series comp, that isn't Satou or Kyoda but that worked on the first series, the actual logical guess would be Ohnogi Hiroshi. He wrote 10 scripts on Eureka 7, has a long history working in Mecha series (he was one of the founders of the Macross world, I believe), did series comp on FMA Brotherhood & Noein (one of the most consistent sci-fi series you'll come across), worked with Kyoda on RahXephon and was working with BONES as recently as No. 6.

Ohnogi would be a perfectly solid choice to be series comp, if Satou couldn't. But he's also a big enough of a name to not have to use a pen-name. (He scripted the William & Martha episode, a personal favorite, too) I still think the name has some meaning, in Japanese word play, that's actually slightly important to the story. We just have to figure it out, haha.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 10:25   Link #702
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I don't think it is Dai Sato, because he runs his own company of scriptwriters, and it doesn't make sense for him to use a pen name when working on a big production like this would get him and his stable of writers more publicity and possibly more work.

Kyoda is a very possible choice, because after his solo writing attempt on the Eureka 7 movie, there was quite a bit of negative reaction to it, and he himself seemed aware that he fell short of expectations use to a lack of experience. Maybe he's using a pen name for the writing credit here to prevent preconceptions based on that. After all, he is already credited as the director, so he isn't missing out on being credited on the show.

I also agree that there is meaning to the pen name itself, especially the extremely unusual way it is officially pronounced (now that Aikawa has clarified how the name is actually written). There's definitely a hint there imo, I just don't see what it is right now.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 11:26   Link #703
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Hmmm... there's a rumor going around that the series composition and script credits for the unknown dude is a pen name for Fumihiko Takayama...
Why would someone who's relatively obscure in the first place need a pen name?

Kyouda seems like the most likely candidate to me. But if the writing continues to be as good as it was in the first two eps, it could be an 11 year-old from Portugal for all I care.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 15:22   Link #704
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post

Kyouda seems like the most likely candidate to me. But if the writing continues to be as good as it was in the first two eps, it could be an 11 year-old from Portugal for all I care.
Nope, I don't think my younger cousin is writing this.
Old 2012-04-23, 15:51   Link #705
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:
Protection from otaku-rage?

The hardcore fanbase can be scary at times.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 16:07   Link #706
Xagzan

Finally got around to the second episode. It felt like the first series even more than the premiere, but I'm still lost on the geography and place-names. I know the continents of Earth obviously existed in E7, but weren't they covered still by the Scub? How could there have been a South America in their 1940s, as they mentioned, if it was buried under a huge mass of Scub Coral?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 20:17   Link #707
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:

I don't think the director of Patlabor WXIII is "obscure" at all. He's pretty well known in the industry, but it's true that there's no reason why he would use a pen name. It's interesting that the rumor was widespread enough that Kyoda and Aikawa felt the need to address though...
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 15:24   Link #708
Jujubee

Okay I just started watching this 5 minutes ago and something had me confused, the date. How can this sequel take place in April, 2025 when it's predecessor is supposed to be 10,000 years in the future?
Jujubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 15:42   Link #709
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubee View Post
Okay I just started watching this 5 minutes ago and something had me confused, the date. How can this sequel take place in April, 2025 when it's predecessor is supposed to be 10,000 years in the future?
You might wanna read some of the previous pages
Old 2012-04-24, 18:12   Link #710
Tyr Valein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubee View Post
...or rewatch the series. They used the same calendar as we did, starting with the return to Earth. You can see that the publication dates for some of the RAY=OUTs were in 2005.

In addition, we're throwing around the suggestion that this could be the alternate universe that the Nirvash and Gonzy talked about at the end of the original.

Past that, we're just as confused as you are.
Tyr Valein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 17:15   Link #711
ReddyRedWolf

Something just occurred to me. We know that Humans left Earth around 10,000 years before to find another habitable planet when the Scub Coral was covering the Earth.

The would be colonists were led to believe the planet they landed upon is another planet. In truth it was Earth all along.

Taking account all the other inconsistencies in Astral Ocean, such as G-Monsters, what if the planet they are on isn't Earth but a colonist planet?

This would mean despite the obvious space emigration failure that led the Humans in Eureka to turn back where they started somebody else succeeded.

But now they have a problem of another colony of Scub Coral assimilating this world. This isn't the same Coralians we knew in the original series.

How Eureka, also possibly Renton , ending up on that planet is a question.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 19:28   Link #712
SagaraSouske

Or, a parallel universe.
Old 2012-04-26, 20:46   Link #713
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 3:
Old 2012-04-26, 21:00   Link #714
Jarmel

Definitely a step down from the second episode in both directing and animation quality.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 21:10   Link #715
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

If you watch closely you can see that the OP and ED have been updated to reflect Ao's new hair color (and there's a shot of Eureka from behind in the OP). Wonder why they went to the trouble of coloring his hair brown to start with though, it's not like all the promotional art pictured it as turquoise the start with or anything.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 22:22   Link #716
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
If you watch closely you can see that the OP and ED have been updated to reflect Ao's new hair color (and there's a shot of Eureka from behind in the OP). Wonder why they went to the trouble of coloring his hair brown to start with though, it's not like all the promotional art pictured it as turquoise the start with or anything.
Goes to the story progression. And Ao's name.

Spoiler for ep 4:
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 22:38   Link #717
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Definitely a step down from the second episode in both directing and animation quality.
They saving the resource for eps 4, the usual BONES frontlines listed in there.. next week gonna awesome.
Old 2012-04-26, 23:04   Link #718
ReddyRedWolf

Interesting no mention whatsoever of LFO. IFO's can only be operated by teens.

To the present powers like US, China, Japan and PMC Generation Blue see Eureka as someone very important. Only the Astral Ocean Okinawans are too dumb to live finding a scapegoat for all their troubles. The younger generation which has reached adulthood see how corrupt their elders are.

Given these reactions I think Eureka and Renton introduced LFO technology in this world to protect its residents but placed restrictions as they don't want to create chaos and strife. Hence certain teens are the only ones that can operate these IFO. They also create a more compact version of the Amita drive.

Okinawans are expy of xenophobic Japanese. This is the second show I've seen tackling/lampshading that particular Japanese social problem. There is also the historical fact the Ryukyu kingdom was annexed by Japan. This is also critical of Japan when it was a colonial power.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 23:41   Link #719
Jarmel

They also confirmed that AO Nirvash isn't OG Nirvash.

Anyway plot looks just to be an Evangelion ripoff so far, hopefully episode 5 should be interesting as I'm assuming Ao is leaving the island then.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 23:46   Link #720
rpgman1

Using Ao as a scapegoat for the Scub Coral and the disasters? Pretty superstitious for the Okinawans. Interesting that the Mark I is actually the LFO from the original. It was mostly dialogue and background story for the past. Really sad that people still live in fear and blame Ao for the current problems.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen