AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-05-01, 04:21   Link #701
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Even so, I pray there will be a spark of hope. Even though the lives of the two girls are at stake when the worst is coming to them.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 05:48   Link #702
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
The problem would be: Will Rentarou still be human enough by that time? Death of his beloved, plus constant fighting and killing is 80% guarantee he to be broken. And if you think about it, how aware Seitenshi is to the world around her? She might not even truly understand Rentarou, whose life is a mirror of the harsh reality
Spoiler for About Rentaro:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
However...

Spoiler:

Anyway, I get where this story goes. Since the author tries to break Rentarou down psychologically, while having both Enju and Kisara a walking time bombs. When he attempt to put Seitenshi closer with Rentarou, I believe there's still hope for Rentarou, especially when he has driven down into darkness. Perhaps the author tells him to stop being a god damn Jesus Christ just like what Emiya Kiritsuge did. Hopefully Seitenshi could save him from hell. I wouldn't be surprised if she eventually fall in love with him.

I pray... all of hell he have been through... would be enough for him...
Spoiler for more on Rentaro and Seitenshi:
Anime junkie, video gamer, English dub fan, loli lover, and a Tv Tropes sumo. Trope pages created by me: Black Bullet, Erica Mendez, Christine Marie Cabanos, Bang Zoom Entertainment, Clint Bickham, David Wald, Studiopolis, Corey Hartzog, NYAV Post, Max Mittelman, Brianna Knickerbocker, Scott Gibbs, Faye Mata.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 06:51   Link #703
Reaper9

Heavy Theory-Crafting read at own risk
Spoiler for A sudden theory for me in the morning:

Just building upon the guesswork that you guys have done already, but it makes the story clearer to me in my mind. Feel free to refute me, as this is just me collecting facts from this thread, as I have not actually read the light novels themselves (Really an incentive to learn Japanese Reaper -_-)
Reaper9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 06:51   Link #704
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

@Dark paladin
Like I said, it's only a matter of time for him to learn to seek happiness for himself, rather than just bring happiness for others.

Speaking of which, I wonder how will he handle the "anti-hero" part of himself?
Old 2014-05-01, 07:36   Link #705
dearfuture

I think what Kagetane said (the cursed children would be useless and eliminated if human win the war) will much more likely become the fact. Because it is just the nature of human being(and most species).If there is a potential threat to human they will use all the measure to eliminate them without hesitation.

Hatred(lost family and homeland) ,lack of understand and communication may be reasons for human to do so. But the ultimate reason is guarantee of human survival. Unless the author decide to set a new science/technology to clean the virus in curse children or make human immune to the virus in the future etc, no one can convince people that the curse children may not suddenly transform to Gastreas.
Old 2014-05-01, 07:43   Link #706
Reaper9

Eliminated if they win the war.... But it is human nature to not let go of power once they have achieved it... dearfuture, you've given me even more ideas. More heavy theory-crafting ahead read at own risk
Spoiler for So more on my theory and your statement:
Old 2014-05-01, 08:28   Link #707
dearfuture

“More theory. What if the reason Zodiac Gastrea are not effected by varanium...is because they are former mechanized cursed soldiers? That'd make Tina a prime candidate as well.”

I think human developed mechanized soldiers after the Zodiac Gastrea had appeared...Also it is difficult to link a mechanized soldier with a bicycle.
Old 2014-05-01, 08:42   Link #708
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I still can't come to terms with the idea that they have all of this amazing science but can't fix a pair of kidneys. Unable to cure Gastrea infections? I can see that. Infections that evolve are very hard to cure (see HIV/AIDS), even if they can be suppressed. But when you can create fully functional cyborgs, kidney replacement is a joke.
Old 2014-05-01, 08:53   Link #709
Reaper9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearfuture View Post
“More theory. What if the reason Zodiac Gastrea are not effected by varanium...is because they are former mechanized cursed soldiers? That'd make Tina a prime candidate as well.”

I think human developed mechanized soldiers after the Zodiac Gastrea had appeared...Also it is difficult to link a mechanized soldier with a bicycle.
True..but keep in mind the bicycle may not represent what the current person/creature would be riding, but residues of it's past memories. After all, most of the cursed children in this series had un-fulfilling lives. What if that bicycle was all the child/hybrid had? Before they were turned into "monsters"?
@Solace
Spoiler:

Of course the cliche is "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". Old man Tendou, because he views Gastrea as a threat, so for the "good of Tokyo" he'd be willing to do anything to get rid of said threat. Seitenshi, the idealist may or may not realize that her actions are stirring machinations within "interest groups". Rentaro, as Paladin mentions, the do good for everyone else but me, meaning his relationship with Enju is probably going to be non-fixable if it continues in it's current track. Kisara, who is consumed by revenge, and will do anything to achieve said revenge, even possibly toppling the government and causing anarchy. Kategone, who has been through the gutter, and hopes the world would just end because he views humanity as nearly nonredeemable. (what do you know Kategone?! Tell me!)
Old 2014-05-01, 08:56   Link #710
dearfuture

"The worst enemy of humanity is not the Gastrea, as everyone has already stated in the thread, but humanity itself."Well ,I have seen this kind of conclusions many times.But I suppose most of species have the similar nature to protect them from extinction.

BTW,have you read another LN<<From the new world>>? The novel describes a future:some human develop super power and soon become the threat of normal people.First,normal people discriminate against supplant the "supermen"(superwomen).Then there are more and more conflicts and murders between normal people and "supermen" which cause a war to decide who can survive at last. Finally the "supermen" win and transform the origin normal people to an odiously species...

Similarly, if the cursed children get further revolution and lead by someone, they could be the truly new threat to human. It is just the matter of survival and extinction,but not that of right and wrong.
Old 2014-05-01, 09:09   Link #711
dearfuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper9 View Post
True..but keep in mind the bicycle may not represent what the current person/creature would be riding, but residues of it's past memories. After all, most of the cursed children in this series had un-fulfilling lives. What if that bicycle was all the child/hybrid had? Before they were turned into "monsters"?
Well ,actually there have been similar conjectures issued by some people.Or maybe a experimenting on a child in the village of seven stars(Gastrea virus is made by human)...
Old 2014-05-01, 09:10   Link #712
reynoldszac

So sorry about asking this but can someone give me a update on what's happening between Rentarou, Kisara, Enju, and Tina? From what i'm getting Kisara's on the edge of life and death because of her kidneys. And what's this about Rentarou wanting to sacrifice his happiness for Kisaras I thought he had a thing for her or the other way around. Sorry there are just too many pages to read through.
reynoldszac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 09:15   Link #713
Reaper9

No I have not read that story yet dearfuture... but I've read many novels with similar cases yea. I also track world news and all the wars that is/has gone on in our life. So all my guesses come from a logical progression of what happens in fiction, and in real life. I've learned to question that though, and I don't usually reach a definite conclusion, as I read arguments from many different sides of thought and ideals. Sometimes they have half truths, as any side would like theirs to be more valid over others. And I think for most part conspiracy theorists are full of doggie doo-doo, but sometimes people get lucky. Also fact checkers are somewhat able to form a coherent and sustainable conclusion to their statements.

That being said, I'm detecting patterns in this novel that aren't so subtle if people pay attention to it. So again, while this is all just theory, I find it highly likely that this is where it is heading. Of course the interesting part is not only the bigger picture, but the characters I have come to love and root for.

@Reynold-
Spoiler for Here ya go for recent summary:
Old 2014-05-01, 09:51   Link #714
dearfuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Argue: It's different - Muv-Luv lays roses on the road to Hell (except TDA and Schwarzesmarken). With Black Bullet, the road is Hell itself.
Well, the main difference between Black Bullet and Muv-Luv may be the way to "destroy" heroine. Kisara has a strong sense to destroy herself,maybe a bit like Lyz @Schwarzesmarken.
Old 2014-05-01, 10:20   Link #715
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearfuture View Post
Well, the main difference between Black Bullet and Muv-Luv may be the way to "destroy" heroine. Kisara has a strong sense to destroy herself,maybe a bit like Lyz @Schwarzesmarken.
Kisara... why she do that? Is vengeance so important to her? Even when she end up killing herself? I thought she wants to be happy with Rentarou. Do that mean that she and Rentarou being a couple would turn out to be a lie?
Old 2014-05-01, 10:32   Link #716
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

kisara does love Rentaro, but between Rentaro and revenge she would likely choose revenge. In fact Rentaro is merely a remainder of that revenge, the more she stay with Rentaro the more she is determined to get her revenge.
Spoiler for Kisara's kidney:

This is the main reason that Rentaro sees his current daily life as nothing but a facade, he knows he can not be with Kisara at the end, he carries other people's hope and legacy so he cannot follow Kisara onto the path of evil.
Ap1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 10:51   Link #717
bones

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there an offer for her to get revenge only if she abandoned Rentaro during the time when he was on the run? It sounds more like she refuses to give up on anything even though it's evident that she has to give up on something or lose everything.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 11:00   Link #718
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

Nope that wasn't the deal. The deal was that Kisara marry the police chief's son and they would offer her help on her revenge. She didn't accept the deal right there, but she didn't decline it as well. Before she get to answer the rest of vol 5 happened, see my spoiler.
Old 2014-05-01, 11:58   Link #719
reynoldszac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper9 View Post
No I have not read that story yet dearfuture... but I've read many novels with similar cases yea. I also track world news and all the wars that is/has gone on in our life. So all my guesses come from a logical progression of what happens in fiction, and in real life. I've learned to question that though, and I don't usually reach a definite conclusion, as I read arguments from many different sides of thought and ideals. Sometimes they have half truths, as any side would like theirs to be more valid over others. And I think for most part conspiracy theorists are full of doggie doo-doo, but sometimes people get lucky. Also fact checkers are somewhat able to form a coherent and sustainable conclusion to their statements.

That being said, I'm detecting patterns in this novel that aren't so subtle if people pay attention to it. So again, while this is all just theory, I find it highly likely that this is where it is heading. Of course the interesting part is not only the bigger picture, but the characters I have come to love and root for.

@Reynold-
Spoiler for Here ya go for recent summary:
thank you very much for that explanation I fully understand now.
reynoldszac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 15:58   Link #720
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

I updated the tv tropes page a bit. Now back to spoilers.
Spoiler for vol 3 chp 1:

Tags
dengeki bunko