AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-03-16, 23:23   Link #701
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well of course the Mai/Haruhiko episode is miles above the rest.... XD

They still haven't even as much as mentioned as how the two met. Ruru get's the explanation this episode that she met Haru in middle school, so maybe they'll save their first meeting in one of the two episodes?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-16, 23:41   Link #702
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
True enough that while Mai is hardly perfect...darn it if she isn't someone that Haruhiko would be a fool to lose.
I like that Mai isn't perfect. Things just never really feel right to me if a girl appears "perfect" (or, at the very least, making out any flaws they show as always-positive things, never having any negative consequences or anything).

I also liked how, like how KyoAni has managed to do many times with a number of their other females, they made Mai look very good throughout the episode WITHOUT involving anything ecchi (even her sleepwear wasn't anything revealing nor did they exaggerate any breast movement in it and such). I mean right down to the way she smiled each time just looked right.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 03:16   Link #703
Eater of All
NOM

The show has been mediocre to me so far, but this episode stands above the rest. Never knew Mai was such mom material.
Old 2016-03-17, 03:26   Link #704
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Episode 12 Preview is here! Title of the episode is "Mom Has Come Back".

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 04:02   Link #705
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Mai not only shown to be the best onee-chan, but also make a good mother. Imagine if she had a child...

I wish I have an onee-chan like Mai. Although I developed an onee-chan fetish since when I was younger...

Haru had a terrible childhood times, just like me... But mine is worse: Shallow, dull, troubled, and worst of all - no idea what I was doing all those times, living in my own world out of fear.

Anyways, all on board Haru x Mai ship!!! xD
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 04:04   Link #706
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

This was definitely the best episode that Musaigen had to offer so far! Those Clannad undertones were really going off in this one! Looks like we might be dealing with Haruhiko's family affair for the final episodes. Haruhiko turning into a kid was really good and not to mention, it played off of Mai's character pretty well. I didn't think that Mai would be the "motherly" type. With the way how she fights and acts, I wouldn't have thought she had that within her! hahaha! Kyoani has proved me wrong once again.
Spoiler for Family:

I'll admit, I was kinda annoyed with Haruhiko's character type in the beginning of the show. But as the episodes went by, he really has shown that he has been growing to become more powerful in his summoning skills and also to protect everyone that's important to him. Him summoning out Cthulhu was pretty intense! I was actually cheering for that to happen! I'm fully on board with the MaiXHaruhiko ship and also for Mai being best girl of the Winter season!
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 05:34   Link #707
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Heh, I wish I was a shota. I ain't lying folks, I never try to hide it when I say that, but mannnnnnnn to have Mai as an Oneechan growing up, life would never be dull, well, she'll need proper rest but ah, at the end of a long day, you just want to hug her and say "Thank you"

I mean look at that, I would totally wear that if she bought that for me Well, I'd look more like a Great Dane moreso than a cute little Corgi, but hey, I don't recall wearing PJ's like this as a kid, and it does slightly interest me in how comfortable these are for sleeping (looks like that tail might hinder sleeping on my back )

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Of course logically this shouldn't have been such a strain on Mai. Just stay at Haruhiko's place while he's stuck like this. Clearly his father is providing him enough income so it would make things a bit easier on Mai financially rather than putting her in an even tighter spot. Not thinking of that the first night isn't wrong, but not realizing it for the days(?) that he was like that is a bit silly.
In typical "parent's are away" stories like this, the kid has a trust fund or a bank account set up, and the parents just deposit the money. You'll see it in a lot of hentai anime and manga where the protagonist is given an allowance each month. Unfortunately for Haruhiko, anything he knew as a highschooler was lost when he went shota, including bank account numbers, ATM pins, etc. Thus, it was impossible to use whatever funds he's been using all this time, as even a bank confirmation via physical appearance wouldn't have worked with the kid version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
I also liked how, like how KyoAni has managed to do many times with a number of their other females, they made Mai look very good throughout the episode WITHOUT involving anything ecchi (even her sleepwear wasn't anything revealing nor did they exaggerate any breast movement in it and such). I mean right down to the way she smiled each time just looked right.
Mai's got quite the body but you're right, this episode made her look so good, I went into full anti-hentaitron mode and just saw her as this year's Oneechan of The Year Award
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 06:15   Link #708
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

that awkward moment when Haruhiko reverts back to his older self with kiddie underpants, he became a Free! character, i mean for a guy who's not into sports & being total bookworm he sure looks ripped as heck for his body type.......
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 06:18   Link #709
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

OH! and I forgot to even mention about the most important part of this episode:
Spoiler for Elementary paper:
Old 2016-03-17, 06:43   Link #710
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
that awkward moment when Haruhiko reverts back to his older self with kiddie underpants, he became a Free! character, i mean for a guy who's not into sports & being total bookworm he sure looks ripped as heck for his body type.......
Well he can draw, maybe he burns calorie's working the canvas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
OH! and I forgot to even mention about the most important part of this episode:
Spoiler for Elementary paper:
I hated that he didn't remember what he went through in this episode. Mai looked so down when he said that, it was like everything she did was for naught, and then she read that essay, it was like, she did something good for him, even if she didn't know the real reason at the time. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I hope this experience proves powerful for them in the future.
Old 2016-03-17, 07:04   Link #711
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I hated that he didn't remember what he went through in this episode. Mai looked so down when he said that, it was like everything she did was for naught, and then she read that essay, it was like, she did something good for him, even if she didn't know the real reason at the time. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I hope this experience proves powerful for them in the future.
I had the same type of feeling when Mai found. Shocked and sad. But I'm pretty sure all that effort won't go to waste. Deep down inside Haruhiko, I'm pretty sure the little boy version of himself will remind him of that day. I mean it's not like anyone else had forgotten that Haruhiko was a little boy for a couple of days. Anyways we all know for a fact that Haruhiko reacts strongly when any harm comes to Mai. And just like everyone has mentioned, it would be stupid of Haruhiko to not pursue Mai for the OTP!
Old 2016-03-17, 07:45   Link #712
ImperialFlameGod8190

To those who think this is a good episode you're absolutely bonkers He wakes up and all of the sudden he's a kid after reading an essay. You're joking. Please this was the same old garbage as always. Most of you justify it with the mai pairing and thats not even legit. As for pursuing anybody no. This series hasnt had a legit couple the entire time and with 2 episodes left it wont have one. if you dont like that GET OVER IT

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 07:53   Link #713
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
To those who think this is a good episode you're absolutely bonkers He wakes up and all of the sudden he's a kid after reading an essay. You're joking. Please this was the same old garbage as always. Most of you justify it with the mai pairing and thats not even legit. As for pursuing anybody no. This series hasnt had a legit couple the entire time and with 2 episodes left it wont have one. if you dont like that GET OVER IT
Hey, I'm not looking to science the shit out of this anime (forgive my Matt Damon language), the whole thing could have been a dream but I don't care, I went into this series expecting things that don't make sense and the last thing I want to worry about is why people's and things wishes can be granted as long as they wear the pendant. Like how does that work exactly? Does it always require a constant touch? Can they hang it off a bag like a cell phone strap? Is there a proximity timer or once you lose it, that's it? Even by accident? What if the wish you want granted requires no pendant in the way?

Screw that stuff, the more I think about it, the more I don't want to think about it
Old 2016-03-17, 08:01   Link #714
Nozomu Itoshiki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
You know, sometimes I hate reading your post but this time I'm so glad to see you're one of those who's not deluding himself about this mediocre show. Is almost like Kyoani fans are desperate to find anything to justify this crap.

I know Kyoani can produce amazing works, there you have Haruhi, FMP, K-on or Hyouka. Phantom World isn't one of those good series but not all the hope is lost, next season we have the next Kyoani project with the leaf girl (sorry can't remember the name) and I know Kyoani has the talent to pull something amazing from.that.
Nozomu Itoshiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 08:09   Link #715
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Eh, the episode has its own merits and it doesn't change the fact that the overall series isn't as good as I initially expected.

That said, I think it's far enough into the show to know if it's still needed to analyze everything in extreme detail.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 09:14   Link #716
Peanutbutter

Nothing new to say about this episode, but just wanna state that I was disappointed with Mai's room.

For all its untidiness, there wasn't a shred of her underwear anywhere!
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 09:30   Link #717
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozomu Itoshiki View Post
You know, sometimes I hate reading your post but this time I'm so glad to see you're one of those who's not deluding himself about this mediocre show. Is almost like Kyoani fans are desperate to find anything to justify this crap.

I know Kyoani can produce amazing works, there you have Haruhi, FMP, K-on or Hyouka. Phantom World isn't one of those good series but not all the hope is lost, next season we have the next Kyoani project with the leaf girl (sorry can't remember the name) and I know Kyoani has the talent to pull something amazing from.that.
Yeah, this series definitely isn't one of KA's greatest works.

I'm just watching this for the lulz, just like every battle haremsh*t out there.

Which show are you referring to (leaf girl?)?
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 09:34   Link #718
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
I like that Mai isn't perfect. Things just never really feel right to me if a girl appears "perfect" (or, at the very least, making out any flaws they show as always-positive things, never having any negative consequences or anything).

Kind of shocking in some ways that after some of the other episodes that they can play things very subtle and not going crazy with the fanservice. Nothing really extreme with Mai. Of course looked good in her sleepwear, but it wasn't anything weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
In typical "parent's are away" stories like this, the kid has a trust fund or a bank account set up, and the parents just deposit the money. You'll see it in a lot of hentai anime and manga where the protagonist is given an allowance each month. Unfortunately for Haruhiko, anything he knew as a highschooler was lost when he went shota, including bank account numbers, ATM pins, etc. Thus, it was impossible to use whatever funds he's been using all this time, as even a bank confirmation via physical appearance wouldn't have worked with the kid version
Which is fair. Though I can't help but think that the school still could have and should have just contacted Haruhiko's father for that information. It's not like Reina's family which is very anti-phantom involvement. Should have been more possible to explain what happened and that he should pass along any important information to the temporary guardian until he gets back to normal. Or even have him for the time being forward the money he had been providing to Mai.

After all he just sounds like a busy person, not necessarily an uncaring parent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozomu Itoshiki View Post

I think it's utterly ridiculous that people think everyone has to check in with a "I don't think this is a great show" before giving their opinion of the episode. As if complaining about it constantly is some necessity. Shocking news, but not great shows can have good episodes. And this time we got a good episode. Do I wish the show had gone a different route? Yeah, but if I'm going to keep watching I'll like or dislike each episode as they come. If I have to dislike each episode no matter what...I'd just drop it.

Just because one episode is good and liked doesn't mean everyone thinks the show is a masterpiece.
Old 2016-03-17, 10:44   Link #719
Nozomu Itoshiki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY.Gangnam View Post
Yeah, this series definitely isn't one of KA's greatest works.

I'm just watching this for the lulz, just like every battle haremsh*t out there.

Which show are you referring to (leaf girl?)?
Koe no Katachi (didn't remember the name of that) has the potential to be a great show because you know, with Kyoani we always have nice animation and good direction but as someone said on another thread, not everything they adapt is good and most of their sources are just forgettable stuff. My hopes goes to this manga and I know Kyoani can do a great job with this story (please change the end!!), the story is beautiful and interesting.
Nozomu Itoshiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 12:27   Link #720
Hakai

People call characters perfect waifu material.

I call Mai perfect Onee-chan material.
Hakai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, special powers