AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2009-04-04, 08:53   Link #701
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Okay, I love the Higurashi series, but I'd rather not dig through this whole thread. ^^; Is there a third season out? If so, what is the full title and is it being fansubbed? ^^
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 10:04   Link #702
Rayneing
Trombe!

It's called Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei. The first two episodes are out and both have been subbed. It's only going to be 5 episodes long.
Old 2009-04-04, 20:43   Link #703
Renan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayneing View Post
It's called Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei. The first two episodes are out and both have been subbed. It's only going to be 5 episodes long.
I can see it coming! The epic more than 5 episode long season 4, Higurashi no naku Koro ni Matsuri! Yes! The future is bright!
Renan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 21:12   Link #704
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Man, it would be awesome if they animated Matsuri also.

Nya, I want EP3 to come out~

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 22:59   Link #705
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I have doubts of a fourth season due to the efforts to make Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Old 2009-06-16, 09:28   Link #706
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
Depends on a lot i think

1. Popularity + sales of Rei
2. (Less) popular Umineko.
3. Inspiration for more Arcs, some new ones already made tho.
4. If any Channel wants to buy it.

And perhaps i forgot a lot more but those are priorities i guess. I do hope for a new full season and not just a few OVAs. To my opinion there is still a lot to discover and unfold, that is if the authors think there is. Like what started all this and how does it end for real. Id be happy to see an adult Rika + Satoko and the others look back on their adventure and perhaps remembering all the wrong worlds they were in. ^^ If that were the final episode of a season 4.
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 12:14   Link #707
typhonsentra

What do you think the studio's perception of Rei's sales is? The number seems somewhat low (Around 4k a piece), but it's in-line with previous sales and also at a ridiculous price to boot (Something like $80 suggested retail for the deluxe edition).
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 12:25   Link #708
Ca12nag3

Dont realy know what the general idea is they have perhaps they focus more on the fans buying merch and games perhaps.
Old 2009-06-16, 15:15   Link #709
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca12nag3 View Post
Dont realy know what the general idea is they have perhaps they focus more on the fans buying merch and games perhaps.
Considering exactly what comes in the deluxe versions, I'd say they're targeting a very VERY specific fanbase.
Old 2009-06-16, 17:00   Link #710
Ca12nag3

True still there are 3 releases and i dont think they intend to not make proffit. On the other hand perhaps the economic crisis might influence the sales... Tbh i dunno realy ^^.

As for in the deluxe releases yes very specific. But you concider the story as finished? Well actualy finished with Kai that is and Rei is just a fan thing.

I see enough material to make it a definit end in bout 20-24 episodes tho.
Old 2009-06-16, 17:26   Link #711
typhonsentra

Huh? Rei isn't official?
Old 2009-06-16, 17:47   Link #712
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Huh? Rei isn't official?
Saikoroshi-hen (and Rei in general) is completely official.

Quote:
And perhaps i forgot a lot more but those are priorities i guess. I do hope for a new full season and not just a few OVAs. To my opinion there is still a lot to discover and unfold, that is if the authors think there is. Like what started all this and how does it end for real. Id be happy to see an adult Rika + Satoko and the others look back on their adventure and perhaps remembering all the wrong worlds they were in. ^^ If that were the final episode of a season 4.
What do you mean by 'end for real'? We've seen the ending. And the way it starts is pretty obvious. Rika is killed by Takano; there's nothing more to discover. And reminiscing about past worlds would also seem anticlimactic and somewhat pointless. "Remember the time Keiichi beat Rena an Mion to death with a baseball bat? Good times."

Higurashi's story is over. Trying to tack on a completely extraneous storyline just to generate more episodes would simply detract from Higurashi as a whole.
Eryops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 19:40   Link #713
Orophin

Quote:
But you concider the story as finished? Well actualy finished with Kai that is and Rei is just a fan thing.

I see enough material to make it a definit end in bout 20-24 episodes tho.
Higurashi ended with Matsuribayashi-hen and Saikoroshi-hen was, in my opinion, a good epilogue to the series. Ryuukishi07, the original creator of Higurashi, was finished with the series two years and a half ago and has since then moved to his new project: Umineko no Naku Koro ni. I think they should move on just like him instead of milking Higurashi to death.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 21:34   Link #714
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Rei was the last original game disc sold for Higurashi. It was the ninth disc made (4 question arcs, 4 answer arcs, and an epilogue disc...plus a few humor stories). Each was sold at Comitket. Rei came out just about the same time as Kai's anime ended in December of 2007.

Since then Ryuukishi07 has produced 4 question arc game discs of Umineko with the first answer disc supposedly coming out this August at Comiket. Umineko's anime is starting up in just a few weeks, so I think they are done with Higurashi aside from the last OVAs of Rei coming out over the next few months.
Old 2009-06-16, 21:51   Link #715
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Rei was the last original game disc sold for Higurashi. It was the ninth disc made (4 question arcs, 4 answer arcs, and an epilogue disc...plus a few humor stories). Each was sold at Comitket. Rei came out just about the same time as Kai's anime ended in December of 2007.
Rei came out before the anime adaptation of Kai started. It was released on December 31, 2006.
Old 2009-06-16, 22:25   Link #716
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

Since then Ryuukishi07 has produced 4 question arc game discs of Umineko with the first answer disc supposedly coming out this August at Comiket. Umineko's anime is starting up in just a few weeks, so I think they are done with Higurashi aside from the last OVAs of Rei coming out over the next few months.
At least until He runs out of cash.
Old 2009-06-16, 22:52   Link #717
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Oh. I mixed up the announcement for the anime of Rei being made with the disc being made.
Old 2009-06-17, 09:50   Link #718
Ca12nag3

Eventualy after the first seasons ending people said thats the end everyone dies. Eventualy came Kai and everyone lives. So untill the makers say *this* is the end then thats the end of it.
Old 2009-06-17, 10:13   Link #719
Orophin

Quote:
Eventualy after the first seasons ending people said thats the end everyone dies. Eventualy came Kai and everyone lives. So untill the makers say *this* is the end then thats the end of it.
Like I said, Ryuukishi was done with Higurashi a couple of years ago... What kind of ending would it take to satisfy you? The mysterious deaths of Hinamizawa were all solved in Matsuribayashi-hen and
Spoiler for Saikoroshi-hen:

Last edited by Orophin; 2009-06-17 at 12:30.
Old 2009-06-17, 13:04   Link #720
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well assuming Umineko runs for 4 question and 4 answer arcs, Ryuukishi07 will have enough material to sell at each Comitket for the next two years anyway, plus he's got work from Key right now for their VN "Rewrite". It should be a while before he would need to even try to milk Higurashi again.