AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-03-25, 03:36   Link #7241
Edon613

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I find it strange that Origami used Metatron with not that much a problem. I know two things are going to go on in Vol 11: (1) Shido's time travel to save Origami and (2) the Spirits' and AST's battle with Inverse Origami. The battle with Inverse Origami will be REALLY difficult (I mean it!!).
It's not strange at all that she used it without much problem. There were hints that she has tremendous capabilities considering she can do what others cannot without being infused with magic, albeit with a time limit. Plus the knowledge and know-how she needed to use it came from the crystal presumably.
Edon613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 03:38   Link #7242
Fritzion
Lurking Behemoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegulusNemea View Post
Maybe it was created by an super advanced civilization of lesser gods
You've read too much Strike The Blood, lol
Old 2014-03-25, 03:44   Link #7243
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
lol, maybe if they decide the streets would be more attractive painted red....

That said, I agree it'll be a tough fight. Normal Origami was equal to Normal Tohka, so supposing she gets a similar power boost, we have another Inverse Tohka her minus Shidou being able to stop her.
That's unlikely as from what the summarys of volume 10 say Tohka was about to go Inverse when dealing with human Origami when she remembered that using the Inverse form would just make everything worst, so unless Tohka can somehow manage to find a way to keep control of her body when she goes Inverse then it would be unlikely that she would allow herself to go Inverse again, so no Inverse Tohka versus Inverse Origami for us
Old 2014-03-25, 03:59   Link #7244
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
lol, maybe if they decide the streets would be more attractive painted red....

That said, I agree it'll be a tough fight. Normal Origami was equal to Normal Tohka, so supposing she gets a similar power boost, we have another Inverse Tohka her minus Shidou being able to stop her.
It would depend on how much power the Spirits battling Origami would be able to obtain, since the holder of most of their power is away in the past. And of course, if their limiters were sufficiently loosen because Shidou is no longer in the present, we would probably get a very interesting battle where multiple Spirits team up against a single inverse spirit. I wouldn't be surprised if the fight devolved into MMORPGish lines, to be honest - someone tanks, someone DPSes, someone does crowd control to swat away the adds (Ellen, and possibly the AST).

I would make the speculation though, that Efreet would emerge from the downed Ratotskr. That would make the battle even more interesting, and bring more fire power against Inversed Origami.

Will the AST respond against Origami though? The sheer amount of property damage probably means that the AST would be given the all clear to engage Inversed Origami. But does Wescott want to see the AST try to take on Inversed Origami, or would he hold the AST until the Spirits currently engaging Origami prove unable to continue fighting?

Perhaps Ryouko might actually scramble the AST anyway, only to find a horrifying truth - her old subordinate is now an out of control Spirit. I wonder, what is the relationship between Ryouko and Origami? It might actually be possible that Ryouko desperately tries to reach Origami, fails, and possibly be badly wounded in the process. Perhaps even Kyouhei might arrive at the Battlefield, and save Ryouko from death - that would be a very interesting parallel here - Ryouko fails to save her old subordinate, but her former superior saves her instead.

This is of course, just all speculation. The author might actually troll us, by not showing this battle, just the current state of the battle against Inversed Origami when Shidou returns.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 04:38   Link #7245
45nm

after i re read vol. 1 chapter 4
i've find some story that has bugging me.
Quote:
"Don't mind it~. ...Then, to continue. I wonder how old I was then, it was during a time that I don't even remember, but onii-chan had been abandoned by his real mother, and our family took him in, or something like that. It was so long ago that I don't really recall, but it seemed like he was quite troublesome when we first took him in. It was at a level where it seemed like he might just go and commit suicide."

"......"

For some reason, Reine's brows moved in surprise.
what if that moment shido want commit suicide, phantom appear and turn him into spirit?
and Reine action after that very suspicious
45nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 04:41   Link #7246
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45nm View Post

what if that moment shido want commit suicide, phantom appear and turn him into spirit?
That or the present shidou talk to him either way I hope we can know now who is the true identity of the mysterious elusive phantom

Last edited by kusabireika; 2014-03-25 at 05:29.
kusabireika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 06:19   Link #7247
RegulusNemea

What if Shido went into the area where Kotori started the fire and saw Kotori,Phantom,and himself?
Would he fight Phantom or what?
Old 2014-03-25, 06:36   Link #7248
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker213 View Post
That's unlikely as from what the summarys of volume 10 say Tohka was about to go Inverse when dealing with human Origami when she remembered that using the Inverse form would just make everything worst, so unless Tohka can somehow manage to find a way to keep control of her body when she goes Inverse then it would be unlikely that she would allow herself to go Inverse again, so no Inverse Tohka versus Inverse Origami for us
I sure hope Tohka doesn't let madness overtake her again. She's had two of those already which were fitting with the situation and the point they were at in the story. But if she goes off again, then it would represent a good step backwards.
Old 2014-03-25, 06:38   Link #7249
holybell84

Has anyone mentioned that Tohka delivered a full powered punch to Origami, both in spirit form and broke her tooth?
Old 2014-03-25, 06:54   Link #7250
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45nm View Post

While it seems to make alot of sense for Reine to be the Phantom, or connected to the Phantom in some way, from Volume 10, it seems that Reine has a solid alibi. If I am reading the summaries correctly, Reine was onboard the Frauxinus, while Origami ambushed the Spirits. So, how was it that Reine was able to be both on the Frauxinus, and deliver the Spheria Crystal to Origami at the same time, if she was the Phantom?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 07:02   Link #7251
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
While it seems to make alot of sense for Reine to be the Phantom, or connected to the Phantom in some way, from Volume 10, it seems that Reine has a solid alibi. If I am reading the summaries correctly, Reine was onboard the Frauxinus, while Origami ambushed the Spirits. So, how was it that Reine was able to be both on the Frauxinus, and deliver the Spheria Crystal to Origami at the same time, if she was the Phantom?
Unless if she has ability the same of natsumi or kurumi. Illusion or time clone ability to fooled everyone on board and not letting kotori to notice her
Old 2014-03-25, 07:29   Link #7252
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
That reaction points more to the possibility that Reine is in fact Shidou's mother than her being Phantom, but that being said Phantom seems to either be able to teleport or be extremely fast. Phantom doesn't stick around at all.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 08:14   Link #7253
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
That reaction points more to the possibility that Reine is in fact Shidou's mother than her being Phantom
How old is Reine? Or is this Reina being Shidou's mother theory connected to time travel?
Old 2014-03-25, 08:42   Link #7254
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
How old is Reine? Or is this Reina being Shidou's mother theory connected to time travel?
Her age is unkown but she claims to have not slept for 30 years so a bare minimum is that she is 30 but according to volume 1 she looks to be around 20, but then so does Ike but he is at least in his mid 40's. Reine also has a reaction when Shidou says he thinks she would be a good mother as well as taking a big intrest in Mana. Being pissed for the first time in Kotori's memory about how they altered her
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 10:25   Link #7255
Ginko08

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Her age is unkown but she claims to have not slept for 30 years so a bare minimum is that she is 30 but according to volume 1 she looks to be around 20, but then so does Ike but he is at least in his mid 40's. Reine also has a reaction when Shidou says he thinks she would be a good mother as well as taking a big intrest in Mana. Being pissed for the first time in Kotori's memory about how they altered her
The first spacequake was about 30 years ago, Reine was awake ever since the first spacequake. Which once again heavily implies that she is a spirit/phantom, since by sleep she might have meant resting in the other dimension, meaning she has stayed on earth for the last 30 years. Going by how her face looks like, however, her saying that she hasn't slept in 30 years can probably be taken literally as well.
Her being Shidou's mother, it does seem possible. I mean, she has a special nickname for him, and if she really is Phantom, then Shidou's powers would make more sense as well.
Ginko08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 10:54   Link #7256
Ginko08

Btw, where is 'iamadooddood'? I've been following this thread for a while now, and I don't see him anywhere in the recent discussion. He used to be one of the most dedicated writers for this thread.
Ginko08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 11:23   Link #7257
imbuement

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Unless if she has ability the same of natsumi or kurumi. Illusion or time clone ability to fooled everyone on board and not letting kotori to notice her
Or just Teleportation ?
Old 2014-03-25, 13:23   Link #7258
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Well, it seems going into "Inverse" form would require a Spirit to be sufficiently broken mentally; giving into extreme despair seems to be the only way all of them are going to have their respective "Inverse" forms revealed. Although that would mean the end of the world, it'd be an interesting scene nonetheless.

I personally think the possibility of Reine being associated with Phantom or the Spirit world was probably because she had "0" in her name, which was discussed quite some time back, I believe. That and some of the things kind of added up to give a solid base for such speculations (one of which she suspiciously claims to not have "slept in 30 years").

As for Kurumi, her intentions in sending Shidou back in time is surprising in a way at first glance, but as I thought about it I realised that her plan to do so would very likely be to get him to seal Spirit!Origami five years ago. This would in turn indicate that Kurumi has indeed undergone a pretty significant change in her personality since meeting Shidou.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 14:02   Link #7259
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I meant that Inverse Origami = Inverse Tohka, and Shidou can't calm this one down.
Old 2014-03-25, 14:21   Link #7260
RegulusNemea

Quote:
It's up to the author if he want some

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy