AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-10-03, 16:16   Link #7241
VTHokiePride

The Bucs contacted all the other teams trying to find a trade partner, but no one wanted to take him. If any team picks him up, he'd be an expensive backup and an inconsistent starter.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/videos/tampa-bay-...B-Josh-Freeman
Old 2013-10-03, 16:43   Link #7242
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Hmm, anyhow, its pretty much set in stone that two Quarterbacks will be picked first in the 2014 draft. Many mock drafts puts Jaguars as the first being to pick while the Buccaneers being second. Questioned is who, Teddy Bridgewater is the obvious first while who is the second. Pretty much all draft boards are mix with the second overall Quarterback either being Marcus Mariota, Brett Hundley, or Tajh Boyd.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 18:45   Link #7243
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Hmm, anyhow, its pretty much set in stone that two Quarterbacks will be picked first in the 2014 draft. Many mock drafts puts Jaguars as the first being to pick while the Buccaneers being second. Questioned is who, Teddy Bridgewater is the obvious first while who is the second. Pretty much all draft boards are mix with the second overall Quarterback either being Marcus Mariota, Brett Hundley, or Tajh Boyd.
Gotta think Boyd has the edge for now. He seems the most complete guy.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 18:54   Link #7244
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Gotta think Boyd has the edge for now. He seems the most complete guy.
I am actually in the midst of wonder who is better between Hundley and Bridgewater. In one hand, Bridgwater has the better statistics, perfect form, strength, and mentality to stay where he is original is a pocket Quarterback. Then I see Hundley, a Quarterback that is very good at throwing the ball though a notch below Teddy while at the same time can run and change directions almost on a dime, more strength in his arm as he outweighs Teddy by 17 pounds, and has a high football IQ.

For Bridgewater, he is the poster boy for a pocket Quarterback though I am hesitate on him because he plays at a weaker schedule than Hundley. Hundley has to contend with better cornerbacks than Bridgewater and his offensive line face more trouble than Teddy's line.
Old 2013-10-03, 19:04   Link #7245
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

NFL Network: NO ONE SAW BRIAN HOYER COMING BACK AND WINNING BACK TO BACK GAMES AFTER THE TRENT RICHARDSON TRADE

Yeah except everybody who knew what they were talking about. It's annoying to listen to these guys/hacks.
Old 2013-10-03, 19:19   Link #7246
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
NFL Network: NO ONE SAW BRIAN HOYER COMING BACK AND WINNING BACK TO BACK GAMES AFTER THE TRENT RICHARDSON TRADE

Yeah except everybody who knew what they were talking about. It's annoying to listen to these guys/hacks.
Oh please. No one expected the Browns to win back to back games, regardless of any trade or QB change.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 19:29   Link #7247
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Trade Deadline is at the 29th of October, which teams do you guys think are highly actively trading in this period?

I know my team the Jaguars are.
Old 2013-10-03, 21:02   Link #7248
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Oh please. No one expected the Browns to win back to back games, regardless of any trade or QB change.
Weeden is back in because Hoyer suffered a knee injury in the first half.
Old 2013-10-03, 21:23   Link #7249
Yye1
Wide Right

Damn, I started Hoyer in my 12 team 2 QB league...

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 22:43   Link #7250
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

EJ Manuel is out with a knee injury and undrafted rookie Jeff Tuel is playing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post

Brian Hoyer: the guy who only had one start in five years in the league with three different teams before Cleveland?

Not even diehard Cleveland fans believed that shit.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 23:00   Link #7251
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

As for the draft, I'd take Manziel over anyone but Bridgewater...Obviously he'll have to run the interview gauntlet and prove he can be a "badass" and a pro "kinda like Newton had to do in the pre-draft process", but if he goes to a team with an offensive mastermind like Bruce Arians in ARZ, he go shock yall...Dude is not a gimmick, especially with today's NFL slant toward these duel threat offenses...Right now Manzeil is better than Jake Locker and Sam Bradford IMO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Damn, I started Hoyer in my 12 team 2 QB league...
Told my co-worker earlier today not to start Hoyer, you can reach on no name hot RBs, maybe even a WR, but NEVER on random QB...Late season yes, early season never...You gotta go with your starter man...Make a starting QB FORCE YOU to take him out the lineup and that's coming from a 10 time fantasy football champ^^...

Quote:
QFT

Eating-a-corndog-in-the-bathroom-guy didn't believe that shit...
Old 2013-10-03, 23:19   Link #7252
Yye1
Wide Right

^ considering its a 2 QB league with 2 offensive flex positions, kinda hard to do that, as RGIII, one of my QBs is on bye

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
Old 2013-10-04, 01:51   Link #7253
sky black swordman

So with the possibility that Browns QB Brian Hoyer may miss sometime due to his knee injury, What are the chances that the Browns hold on to their lead in the AFC North?
Old 2013-10-04, 06:07   Link #7254
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I doubt they were going to hold it with or without Hoyer. They have Detroit, Green Bay, Kansas City, and Baltimore the next 4 weeks.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 07:52   Link #7255
GDB

Unless they do what they did to the Bills and start spearing opposing QBs' knees. They got really dirty around half time.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 13:03   Link #7256
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
I doubt they were going to hold it with or without Hoyer. They have Detroit, Green Bay, Kansas City, and Baltimore the next 4 weeks.
Quote:
Unless they do what they did to the Bills and start spearing opposing QBs' knees. They got really dirty around half time.
Those are 3 loss, not way they beat Detroit, Green Bay and Kansas City. The Baltimore Ravens, they had a chace to beat them I mean the Bills beat them last week.

I can expect some fines in that case.

Anyway, Browns QB Hoyer out for season with a torn ACL.
Old 2013-10-04, 14:14   Link #7257
VTHokiePride

Hoyer will miss the rest of the season with an ACL tear. EJ Manuel has an LCL sprain and the Bills are now in the market for a QB. I think Josh Freeman may find himself a suitor.
Old 2013-10-04, 16:49   Link #7258
Yye1
Wide Right

Its Tuel time for the Bills!!

Old 2013-10-04, 20:58   Link #7259
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Its Tuel time for the Bills!!
Yeah bring in Tim Tebow too while they're at it. The Bills should go grab Vince Young. He looked great this preseason with Green Bay and people forget he wasn't that bad as a starter. I think he was 31-19.
Old 2013-10-04, 21:53   Link #7260
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Yeah bring in Tim Tebow too while they're at it. The Bills should go grab Vince Young. He looked great this preseason with Green Bay and people forget he wasn't that bad as a starter. I think he was 31-19.
Its an NFL Quarterback bargain sale isn't it. All goods have huge discounts, all the products must go whether they are damage or not effective.

Tags
american football, sports