AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2019-09-22, 12:33   Link #7321
MCAL

Watches the second to last episode...

Man, do you remember when the Fairy Tail anime couldn't show any blood whatsoever.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-22, 14:49   Link #7322
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Watches the second to last episode...

Man, do you remember when the Fairy Tail anime couldn't show any blood whatsoever.
Remember the magic circles? pepperidge farm remembers
Old 2019-09-28, 20:58   Link #7323
MCAL

It's finally over.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-29, 00:05   Link #7324
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
RIP Fairy Tail. You may have crawled painfully over that finish line, but you made it.

I'll try to remember this franchise for the good times. It had a lot of fun and great moments. The final season was pretty bad, but the majority of the franchise was pretty good.
Old 2019-09-30, 13:50   Link #7325
Dextro
He Without a Title

Honestly the final battle with Acnologia was OK. It was super cliché with the power of friendship and everyone coming together but for Fairy Tail that kind of works. It's just a shame that getting here was pretty rushed and uninspired.

To be fair, hearing Snow Fairy again felt pretty good.
Old 2024-05-30, 23:23   Link #7326
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

It feels a bit weird to break open this topic considering it's been 5 years, but I'm doing it!

I'm a bit shocked at how excited I am to get Fairy Tail back. My feelings at the end of the season...well they are right above this. I was fine with seeing it end. It felt right at the time. And I've enjoyed the anime adaptations of Edens Zero. Maybe it's thanks to the break, but I'm happy to have Fairy Tail back.

Because there's certainly a lot of room for a fun time. You have characters that have always been strong like Natsu, Erza, and even Gray. But I think Lucy and Wendy really matured throughout the original show and were just starting to tap into their true potential at the end of the show. There's so much room for both of them to really come into their own through whatever the 100 Year Quest will have in store.

And I guess after all this time I do miss Natsu and company. Fingers crossed they really get this right.
Old 2024-07-07, 23:54   Link #7327
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

And Fairy Tail is back!

Definitely feels nice to come back to this franchise. The break was useful for resetting my feelings about things. Off they go on this new quest. Admittedly going after multiple dragons supposedly on Acnologia's level sounds crazy, but this cast tends to dive into crazy situations .

The little moments were kind of nice. The new recruits didn't turn out great. But it did allow Laxus to show how far he's come compared to the guy he was before. Now he'll just downright stomp idiots that act the way he used to. Admittedly I half expected Makarov to kick the guy out. Talk about making a terrible first impression...My condolences to the other guy, but if that scared him off he wasn't going to last in this guild! Option number three stuck around but seems extremely suspicious. Maybe she's really well off and her family has access to that kind of information. But you never know...

Comedy was still landing for me which is a good sign . Natsu really shoved that hand between Lucy's breasts with gusto! Of course a lot of things got shoved places in this one...Lucy and Natsu both getting a mouthful of weird jellyfish creatures! That did allow a nice shot of Wendy firing off her roar though . I suppose Wendy's roar is the kind of thing they can make easy use of since it can be as destructive or peaceful as they want. Also I really liked that they showed her getting down low before firing. Since this is an occasion where she's attacking something smaller than herself.

I kind of like that Gray would be down for getting a cat himself out of this quest . No need for it to be exclusive to dragon slayers. Interestingly Frosch was his type of cat. Also Wendy keeping her wishes on a kind of practical level .

It feels good to have this show back honestly. Let the fun resume!
Old 2024-07-08, 23:00   Link #7328
Frontier

Fairy Tail has returned! It's nice to return to Magnolia and see the guild again! Now with new members! Though not all of them are cut out for the group, be it a guy who thinks the group is just a shot at popularity through strength or a little kid...wait, actually that last one might be all Laxus' fault .

I should've known the cute girl would stick around. And she has an important reason too...Natsu is her My Sweet Darling! He saved her and now she's smitten with him! I'd love to see Lucy's reaction. Too bad Natsu is away on a mission...the 100 Year Quest !

The OP by Da-Ice is pretty fun and energetic, especially with the new adventure for our Fairy Tail gang and all the adversaries they'll be battling !

It's Team Natsu! Natsu raring to go as always! Lucy showing off her cleavage, cuteness, and narration! Gray losing clothes! The gang's all here !

Magia Dragon, the first Wizard's Guild! And it literally has a dragon, so it's not false advertising! Even if it's just a human like Acnologia who found a way to transform into a dragon, and has been awaiting someone to accomplish the 100 Year Quest. Gildarts couldn't do it, so can Team Natsu ?

It wouldn't be Fairy Tail if Lucy wasn't getting sexually harassed and had guys going through her cleavage. Though at this point I don't think she minds as much when it's Natsu .

Lucy is hesitant to take up the quest, but it might be her best bet for finding Aquarius again ..

Why does Juvia never get to go along on these missions with her beloved Gray-sama!? Though at least bickering with Touka and needling each other with the females surrounding the guys they love keeps her busy. But Cana is just happy with her beer barrel boyfriend .

Nice to see Wendy get to do something !

Touka knows about a criminal Avatar member that the public shouldn't be aware of? Detective Gajeel and Lily are on the case !

I hope this quest is a success just so Wendy can finally have boobs...though would that fit her character design ?

The water city of Ermina, their first step in finding the Water Dragon God! And it seems like they've been found BY him, and he's voiced by Yuichiro Umehara...and he has quite the looker for an assistant, voiced by none other than Yoko Hikasa !

The ED is pretty cute with the gang traveling, reflecting on their family drama, but still running ahead !
Old 2024-07-14, 10:12   Link #7329
Dextro
He Without a Title

I noticed it last week and I noticed it again this one: Lucy was always stacked but is it just me or she got a couple of massive level ups for this new series? Maybe I just forgot but it's honestly been distracting me a bit #SorryNotSorry
Old 2024-07-14, 10:14   Link #7330
Frontier

Team Natsu has made it to Ermina and Hotel Journey! And they just narrowly avoided Natsu and Happy eating the hotel clerk who can transform between fish and human! No way !

It's already episode 2 and we've got Team Natsu in swimsuits, complete with Carla in human form! Perfect for undersea fun and seeing the girls in bikini (though Carla's in a one-piece which is great too)! !

of course things take a turn for the deadly when they mention looking for the Water Dragon God and the fish all turn on them...though Erza being shark racist didn't help any. Also Lucy loses her bikini top because of course she does (though Natsu's scarf is a nice trade) .

As if the indignity of Touka sharing the same magic as Juvia wasn't enough, she had to go and insult Gray! But Detective Gajeel is still sniffing out the truth about this case, especially when Touka has...a tail !?

It's nice to see the Saber Tooth gang again and Sorano (still walking around in basically a bikini) reunited with her sister Yukino. Plus we've got Jellal! Who is looking into Touka but is still easy to tease about Erza .

Dang, romance drama between the No Way clerk and his beloved Sharkette! There's no way these guys can really be evil. And besides, is there any specific reason Team Natsu NEEDS to kill the Water Dragon God? they just have to seal his powers somehow, right? And they can play human fish to avoid any trouble .

Okay, human sacrifices are actually kind of bad...though of course said human sacrifice is a babe in a bikini who was also using herself as bait to draw out the "Water Dragon God" so she could use her blades for hands to slice and dice him up so she can eat him. That is the 5th Generation Dragon Slayer, Kiria the Dragon Blade, who is part of the Dragon Eaters guild! And she's voiced by Yumi Uchiyama !

Oh yeah, Natsu's magic doesn't work under water. And Lucy, of course, gets stripped out of her Aquarius Star Dress because we can never have enough Lucy fanservice. Kiria seems like she wants to "eat" Lucy in a non gourmet way as well. But perfect excuse for a Virgo bikini .

At least Gray's ice magic works! Though before we can get Erza and Kiria crossing blades, the Armor Dragon Madmole shows up to deflect Erza's attack, cha !

Oh, there's the Water Dragon God! And surprise surprise, he's human .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I noticed it last week and I noticed it again this one: Lucy was always stacked but is it just me or she got a couple of massive level ups for this new series? Maybe I just forgot but it's honestly been distracting me a bit #SorryNotSorry
I might be mis-remembering but I feel like her chest got bigger along with her hair getting longer after the time-skip.
Old 2024-07-14, 21:24   Link #7331
EroKing

Old 2024-07-21, 10:24   Link #7332
Frontier

The Water Dragon God Mercphobia has arrived! As has a close-up of Lucy's fine behind !

Diablos has retreated (against Kiria's will) which just leaves Team Natsu vs Mercphobia...or not, because the gang don't see the need to fight him if they don't have to, and Mercphobia responds to how the gang is willing to hear him out and engage in dialogue instead of fisticuffs, which is nice to see .

Mercphobia doesn't seem that bad! He transforms Wendy back, he has a garden to help the town, medical station for the sick, even a watch-point to look for anyone in trouble on the sea to help out! His loyal assistant Karameel (who wears a skirt that makes it pretty likely she's not wearing any underwear) is much frostier, but saving her and watching her grow attached to him is what turned Mercphobia from a merciless dragon to the peaceful and kind being he is today .

Look it's Blue Pegasus! We've got Ichiya, the boys, Jenny, and Bob! Jellal is going through all the fan favorites in his search for Touka !

Gajeel, Lily, and Juvia are still investigating Touka on their own and it causes Gajeel and Levy to have a bit of a couple fight. Not a good time for their to be trouble in paradise, especially when Levy's pregnant and doesn't want to get into this kind of nonsense with Gajeel .

Okay, Touka really is basically Natsu's Juvia to the point of just visiting his home just to gush at him even when he's not there. Also she lives like right next door to Lucy which is either a complete coincidence or some slight stalking or the setup of some romcom hijinks. Or maybe a mix of all three .

Though Gajeel REALLY should not be watching a woman undress when he's got Levy...not that it stops him from being on-top of Juvia in full view of Levy. Yeah, he's in the doghouse .

So, like, does Team Natsu even need to do anything...? But Mercphobia is convinced he needs to be sealed, especially if his power has gone out of control that he's going to continually submerge towns in water if it's not stopped. Not that he actually has his power anymore since it's now in the hands of the White Mage...Touka !?

Oh hey, Kagura !

Diablos doesn't need to kill Mercphobia but they CAN kill Touka, which incites a fight between them and Team Natsu. Skullion the Dragon Ash can turn himself and anything into ash, which makes him decidedly difficult to fight .

Natsu fights Madmole and if anyone could pierce through his unbreakable armor (cha) it would be Natsu...but Madmole seems entirely impervious to Natsu's attack and lands him on their ship which is bad luck knowing how early generation Dragon Slayers do not respond well to in-motion transportation. And of course the Dragon Eaters don't have that weakness .

Is there anything more beautiful than two busty beauties wearing little in the way of clothing clashing with their blades? Maybe less so when Kiria slices through Ezra's strength leaving her with no confidence to the point where she's embarrassed to be seen in a swimsuit and can't fight any more .

Good on Wendy, Lucy, and Carla for chipping in though! Minus doubling down on how every woman in this place has bigger boobs than Wendy

Gray and his Demon blood can freeze anything...but can he freeze Skullion ?

Well, Team Natsu is on the ropes and Jellal is confronting Touka as the white mage. Where could things go from here ?
Old 2024-07-22, 16:37   Link #7333
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well makes sense that Mercphobia went from someone well worth sending people after to someone that has at least changed in a positive direction. No shock that Karameel is at the core of that. And it's both fair enough that her presence changed how he was approaching things and resulted in her clearly falling for him. A nice story if we didn't have to worry about his powers being stolen or the negative impact on the town because his powers were simply too strong.

But right now they need to deal with the issue of Touka. So long as she has some of his powers there isn't much to be done. I suppose the influence of his powers remains even if the powers themselves have been stolen. Certainly can't be simple coincidence that yet another wizard with a colour attached to them has locked their eyes onto Natsu. Could take her claims at face value, but I suppose there's gotta be more she's hiding. Jellal can probably get some information out of her even if I doubt he can win a head on fight. This is someone that stole the powers of a dragon. Not to be taken lightly.

The good news or at least the hopeful news is that Diabolos has no actual reason to kill anyone here. Eating Mercphobia gives them no direct benefit since he doesn't have his power. And honestly killing the Fairy Tail mages doesn't do much for them either. Of course it won't trouble them since they've already won...

Honestly I'll give the MVP to Gray this time. He put up the best fight out of anyone and forced the most serious effort from his opponent. Natsu got a couple hits in but was motion KO'd pretty fast. And honestly Erza was just too careless. I can get feeling out her opponent a little. But she didn't use more than a single sword and none of her armors. And she lost any chance to take the fight seriously because Kiria stepped up her game first. Presuming she gets a rematch she might want to hold back a little less next time.

Credit to Wendy, Lucy, and Carla for trying to assist. Though I do think Wendy needs to built up some resistance to the breast topic. I get it's a sensitive one for her, but not a time to get distracted .

Again, Gray brought it. He did struggle to permanently put Skullion down. But he wasn't taking him lightly. Busting out the Demon Slaying when needed and trying to find a solution. Didn't win, but he forced this Corpse Dragon Slayer to show a lot of his hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
There's something quite refreshing in seeing these three in a picture like this. All pretty upbeat and Lucy of course looking amazing in that swimsuit!
Old 2024-07-28, 10:30   Link #7334
Frontier

Okay, so Touka sounds like she's a LOT more than just a Natsu groupie. Running a cult dedicated to the annihilation of magic? Draining people of their magic to the point they might die? This is pretty serious stuff. No wonder Jellal is after her .

Still, under the circumstances, it's nice to see Laxus standing up for and protecting a Fairy Tail member no matter what their deal is. Though I wouldn't have minded Jellal vs Laxus myself .

Erza is collared like a dog, Natsu and Wendy are stuck motion sick, and things are going pretty bad for the group. But also, here's an Erza butt shot and Kiria slapping said butt .

I kind of get why Karameel wanted them gone, but the gang were just trying to do their best !

It really doubles down how dire things are that the teams' sole rescue attempt is Lucy rowing a boat. But hey, at least she can count on another babe in a bikini for assistance as Brandish returns with a tiny sized Gray in tow! And her luscious legs and massive chest are as impressive as ever !

So what happened to the Spriggan 12 and Alvarez? Well, Ajeel is in charge, some members are in jail, Dimaris of all people is living the quiet life on a farm, and Brandish is traveling like she's on vacation. But she's really just looking for Aquarius, same as Lucy, though Lucy has other things to worry about right now. But at least it's a sign of their genuine friendship that Brandish is treating Lucy as a serious rival and looking forward to them both trying to find Aquarius .

You just knew the moment Gray was on-top of Lucy that Juvia's rival sensors would activate .

Thank you hypnosis resistance! And thank you Brandish for stopping the boat so Natsu and Wendy can get back into this fight !

Wendy is Skullion's perfect match! Could've saved Gray some trouble !

So, wait, Kiria actually sleeps in her underwear? She actually wears underwear that's not her bikini armor? Which she then immediately puts on in like a split-second .

Not Erza's feelings for Jellal! She would never want to lose that no matter how much she denies being in love !

I love how everyone takes Touka's side against Laxus even though he actually helped her. But she shouldn't be needling Juvia so much. That's not very Fairy Tail, let alone bringing in more trouble for the guild .

So Touka IS the White Mage...except not? It's a split personality? With different eyes? One is the genuine Touka and the other is the White Mage seeking to wipe out Fairy Tail for their powerful magic? Good thing Gajeel arrived just in time to arrest her (not that I think he actually has any authority to arrest her, but still) .

Kiria might be able to cut through Erza's katana, but can she cut through her dragon-slaying sword Balserion? And did Madmole really think Natsu couldn't burn through heat resistant armor ?
Old 2024-07-28, 12:03   Link #7335
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

It is kind of funny (and sad) that they would have had an easy time last episode if only a few tactical changes. Have Wendy and someone else (Gray is still fine) go after Skullion. Freezing his ash wasn't bad, but it did turn into a back and forth and Gray alone didn't have the defensive ability to tank those kinds of hits. While Wendy's magic just hard counters Skullion. To the point where honestly Natsu didn't actually need to fight him, I think Wendy could straight up win. Honestly that's another tactical misfire by Erza last week in leaving Wendy sitting around doing nothing until after she and the others lost.

If Natsu had just kept the fight within the underground space he probably wins. That boat was the only thing that slowed him down in all honesty.

And yes Levy, the guy you like isn't an idiot . If she had a little bit of faith in his judgement they wouldn't have been arguing so much.

I do like that the Touka situation is complicated. She isn't 100% evil, but she is 50% evil and that's something! Clearly her good side isn't strong enough to more than slightly impede the White Mage. In that sense she's a victim worth having Fairy Tail's attention. But the list of victims goes beyond the Water Dragon. I appreciate Laxus being pretty balanced both for and against Touka. But also good that Gajeel showed up when he did to KO her. If the White Mage took over again Jellal might have been killed.

Brandish is still amazing in every way! Great girl too. She figured out where Aquarius' key is but still let Lucy know. They may both want that key, but she'll at least give Lucy a shot at getting it. And despite all her claims...she still helps them out! Good girl!
Old 2024-07-28, 22:42   Link #7336
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Brandish is still amazing in every way! Great girl too. She figured out where Aquarius' key is but still let Lucy know. They may both want that key, but she'll at least give Lucy a shot at getting it. And despite all her claims...she still helps them out! Good girl!

Can Brandish even use the key, since she isn't a Celestial Mage? Or is she planning to just give it to Lucy if she gets it first?
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-30, 18:39   Link #7337
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Can Brandish even use the key, since she isn't a Celestial Mage? Or is she planning to just give it to Lucy if she gets it first?
I'm not sure. But I wouldn't be surprised if Brandish is capable enough to use the key. She doesn't main as a celestial spirit mage but her actual magic is so absurdly powerful that summoning spirits would usually be a waste of time. Not sure if she could pick up that magic as a side thing. At the very least I think she wants the key for herself because of her attachment to Aquarius.

Though maybe it is just a tsundere thing. She wants Lucy to have the key and is just helping her out. Either by having Lucy find the key herself or getting it and finding some excuse to have Lucy take it. Honestly I think so long as she can see Aquarius again from time to time it'll be enough for Brandish.
Old 2024-08-04, 10:17   Link #7338
Frontier

Good thing Lucy arrived just in time to save Wendy from going around topless and gave her a cute new outfit! And now she's the only one not walking around in a swimsuit .

I love seeing Kiria's clothes melt as much as I love seeing Erza in her Flame Empress outfit and slaying Kiria with the power of fire !

Too bad Gray didn't get his rematch with Skullion, especially if he has his own version of Gray's make magic .

Well, Fairy Tail more or less takes this round, but Diablos will return...and they've got a whole guild full of people probably as powerful and dangerous as they are .

But, hey, at least everything's okay with the Water Dragon God! They don't need to kill Mercphobia! Well, until he transforms into his fearsome and powerful dragon form and starts attacking the city .

No Way! Sharkette is a total cutie in her human form! Nice job Kashima .

So this is kind of all Karameel's fault...she knew Mercphobia was being self-conscious about his overflowing magic, to the point of being willing to throw his life away because of it, but she didn't want to lose him so she let the White Mage take his power. Of course, what she really took away was his ability to CONTROL said power, hence the current rampage .

Touka is handcuffed and has a lot of questions to answer at the Fairy Tail guild, though it seems like she was genuine about her Natsu admiration. She just also happens to have a psycho split personality that she's trying to get rid of and takes control of her body, breaks the cuffs, just in time to take out Fairy Tail and sick Mercophobia on Wendy, the only person who could separate her and Touka .

Natsu and the gang don't want to fight Mercphobia. He's actually a good guy! All Karameel has been doing is foisting the responsibility on other people for her own selfish desires, but it's just because she's powerless to help the one she cares about most. What is there left to do? Well, other than charge head on and fight him .

Natsu punches him head on, Wendy boosts everyone else' magic to Dragon Slayer level, and we get to see the return of Lucy's Sagittarius outfit and Erza's Heaven Wheel armor! Pretty nice, all things considered .

Too bad they're dealing with a God who can literally raise the sea into the sky with his power. And as for the White Mage? She's seemingly brought down the rest of Fairy Tail !
Old 2024-08-11, 10:22   Link #7339
Frontier

I know we were just dealing with a very tense and thrilling confrontation between Team Natsu and the Water Dragon God...but here's some Natsu and Lucy hijinks as Lucy has writing block and Natsu has the perfect adventure to help her get over it! Complete with anteater's being all over her with their tongues (of course)! But the implication that Natsu is always there for Lucy whether it be crashing at her place or dragging her to fun times is clear .

What can they do against Mercphobia? He literally holds the power of the sea and is using it to destroy the city AND Team Natsu with none of their attacks even phasing him. Not even Natsu swimming in the sky to get in close to attack him does any good because he's like living water and can shrug everything off. Do they have any kind of chance? Especially with Natsu seemingly about to drown (with Lucy taking it the hardest) ?

Though I guess one way to counter a Dragon God is with ANOTHER Dragon God, this one being of flame and fire and looking suspiciously like Igneel...and voiced by Nobuhiko Okamoto to boot! Though he didn't save Natsu out of the kindness of his heart or because he's there to stop Mercphobia for them, in fact he just torches the city just to give Natsu a "lesson" on how to power up to stop Mercphobia. He definitely doesn't care about anything more than Natsu's capability as a rival .

And the identity of this dragon is none other than Ignia, the biological son if Igneel. Making him and Natsu brothers from different mothers. Not that he feels any affection for Igneel as a father, Igneel never even raised him like he raised Natsu, but it's the principle of the fact that Natsu stole beating Acnologia from Ignia AND did it with help that Ignia can't abide by. So that means he has to mold Natsu into the perfect opponent so they can have a final showdown .

Ignia's got Natsu all mixed up emotionally, but he can't really refuse to eat his flames and power up, especially if it's their only means of stopping Mercphobia, and true to his word Ignia's flames do upgrade Natsu's power into someone who can throwdown properly with Mercphobia with strength to toss him aside and flame strong enough to overwhelm Mercphobia's water .

But Natsu is still himself enough to know he needs his friends and they make it a team effort once again, culminating in one last Natsu punch to stop Mercphobia .

The power DID actually get to Natsu in the end though, enough to where it looked like he was about to vaporize a defeated Mercphobia...but just like Natsu is always there for Lucy, Lucy is always there for Natsu to hug him and bring him back to himself .

Well...they won, but it doesn't really feel like a victory with Mercphobia dead and the town destroyed .
Old 2024-08-16, 13:01   Link #7340
mike21

Apparently, dragons only get together for mating and males have no further involvement to raising young. Which means Igneel and the other male dragons raising their dragon slayers is unusual. Grandeeny is female so she might have less trouble raising Wendy.
mike21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen