Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-18, 07:46   Link #721
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 14

That is one lucky rabbit...

Interesting ep, with a number of important plot twists, but I did find it interesting that they chose to be so subdued about the revelations in this ep. I suppose part of it is that characters (Torogai in particular) didn't really have time to dwell on the implications of these revelations, since she was too busy trying to survive, and we obviously still don't know the full story regarding the mystery as of it, but characters (particularly Shuga) seemed more perturbed by the fact that Chagum has gone through "hell" needlessly than the fact that the history books have lied to them. I suppose it's an indication of the fact that the former is more central to the story than the latter, but I hope that doesn't mean that they're just going to quickly pass over the true events of the founding of the empire... or, worse, not deal with it at all.

On the other side, everything seems to be an adventure in this show. Well, it is fantasy anime after all. It'll be interesting to see what role the fire people and the other mystical beings (including the mysterious one(s) that helped Torogai escape) play in the story.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 23:49   Link #722
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

On Episode 14:

Like SeijiSensei, I loved the gorgeous ink-painting depiction of Yogo's founding myth. And as for the plot twists, curiously, now that I've watched the subs, I get the same feeling that Sorrow-K mentioned -- it feels odd that the revelation of the truth doesn't shock Shuga as much as I thought it should.

I echo Shuga's question -- how is that no one knows the true story behind the Yogo's foundation? And more importantly, why did the founders of the New Yogo Empire choose to leave a record in stone, while distributing a fabricated myth in paper? I mean, if you really wanted to change history, then you ought not to have left any trace of the truth in the first place.

Shaman Torogai is one spry granny. I don't know how literally I should take her comment about having lived only half her life so far -- err...is it politic to ask how old she is?

Poor bunny-mouse -- it now knows how much it means to its owner.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 10:55   Link #723
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'm so going to watch this show. Just you wait. ¬.¬
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 11:24   Link #724
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

dang I hate it was godly shows like this get picked fast,whos localizing it?

BTW can someone add this to the Licensed list in anisukis main search system?

to me to have a data base of whats Licensed and whats not and then have info links to them is as important as the torrents if not more so.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 13:08   Link #725
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
It's distributed by Geneon. Arguably the best anime distributor in the US (my opinion, of course).
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 13:17   Link #726
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
It's distributed by Geneon. Arguably the best anime distributor in the US (my opinion, of course).
Geneon....mmmmmm no...they raped saiyuki and made charatcers that did not cuss cuss constantly...

Altho this dose not have a modern vibe to it so they might not try so hard to "localize" the dub, for me its translation over Americanization or its boycott nation.....

Geneon and ADV are the some of the worst with "localizing" I wish Funi would keep to high "translation" standards but they don't always.

Oh well back to my cave :P
Old 2007-07-19, 15:11   Link #727
EasyPrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I echo Shuga's question -- how is that no one knows the true story behind the Yogo's foundation? And more importantly, why did the founders of the New Yogo Empire choose to leave a record in stone, while distributing a fabricated myth in paper? I mean, if you really wanted to change history, then you ought not to have left any trace of the truth in the first place. (emphasis added)
The introduction of "fire people" was ominous. The way they just burned the paper from Torogai's hand lead me to believe that they have the power to to burn anything combustible. I was also taken back by the emphasis given by Shuga that the first Holy Sage spent significant resources to have the truth carved in stone. We know that the fire people can burn any paper (like the paper burned from Torogai's hand). We also know that stone is immune to fire.

Spoiler for Pure Speculation (not a spoiler) about the reason for preserving the history in stone tablets:

-EasyPrey
EasyPrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 19:26   Link #728
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Episode 16 aired.

Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2007-07-21, 19:33   Link #729
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Sorry for double post, but this just hit me.

I know everyone thought of Barsa being the local Motoko for obvious reasons, but this just dawned on me. The Hunters are Section 9. Mon is Motoko, the cool no-nonsense commander and Jin is Batou, "her" impatient and brash deputy. 8)
Old 2007-07-21, 23:11   Link #730
EasyPrey

The blog for episode 16 is out. The author gets 'A' for effort, but unfortunately gets a 'C' as a translator. Like so many people, author just does not know enough Japanese to be able to blog this complex show properly. Still, I do not want to discourage this author, since this is just about the only ongoing blog for this series.

http://psgels.blogsome.com/2007/07/2...o-moribito-16/

Why, oh why, did Wrex stop blogging this series?

-EasyPrey
Old 2007-07-22, 08:02   Link #731
wao
OK.

No! I stop following this thread for a while and find out wrex has stopped blogging it?! Why?!!! I'm going to emo in a corner for a while now. (Okay, he hasn't actually said he has, right? He's just not done it since episode 14...)

What the heck, even I have problems understanding the dialogue in this show and I can't be arsed to rewatch it 90% of the time, so I used to rely quite a bit on them to get what was going on for dialogue-heavy episodes. Oh well.

Maybe I should put it on hiatus after all, I kind of stopped at 14 and haven't welled up the energy to watch it... not that I'm saying it sucks, but I just feel darn lazy.

And the "local Motoko". Heh. Now you've got the image of a multinational Motoko franchise spreading out into the land of any anime...
Old 2007-07-22, 08:26   Link #732
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Episode 15 was really good if you like Shuga.

Episode 16 was really good if you like the Hunters.

Episode 17 onwards should more or less start building up towards the finale. I think they are done with the mid-part.
Old 2007-07-22, 15:54   Link #733
EasyPrey

I just can't get over the "fire people". How they burned the notes from Torogai's hand (when she was trying to write everything down), so she could remember precisely what the water people told her.

As I said earlier, I think that "fire" and "water" are each other's natural enemies. One theory that I can come up with is that if the fire people keep killing the water spirit's egg, then eventually, there would not be any water left.* I.E. The place will turn into an inferno eventually.

* I am aware of the fact that scientifically water is neither created nor destroyed. It just cycles between solid, liquid and gas. However, this is a fantasy, so it is possible that, in this world, water is "created" by the water spirit.

Episode 17 predictions.

This is based upon the preview of episode 17 (from watching episode 16). Please note that I have this is strictly speculation and could be a spoiler if my prediction turns out to be true. Caveat emptor.

Spoiler for Episode 17 predictions:

-----

About episode 14: I was taken back by the resemblance between the first emperor and the current emperor. The same hold true for the eight warriors of the emperor. They just look like mirror images, almost to be point of being creepy.

The only explanation I could come up with is that the empire has contracted Dr. Evil to produce identical copies of themselves.

-EasyPrey
Old 2007-07-23, 18:26   Link #734
lommm
l'homme de lommm

i wonder if the other elements have 'people'

air/wind people? earth people? heart people? oh wait, that last one is just Mati...

also. back in the spirit walking ep, we saw the other side. and Torogai is able to take her physical self there as well. so...
Spoiler for info after ep 15:
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 07:28   Link #735
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I'm looking forward to seeing Episode 16 subbed. Let me put it this way -- the episode held my attention even though I only understood about 25% of it.

My (incomplete) impressions:
Spoiler for Episode 16:
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 08:17   Link #736
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm becoming a bit concerned about when we'll see the rest of this series subbed, and it's has nothing to do with the fansub group's efforts.

The subbing group's tracker owner has announced that he's taking the tracker offline on 9/1/07 for expense reasons. Yesterday the group's page reported an SQL (database) error. Today it doesn't respond at all. There's another well-known group on this tracker as well; I can't see its page either. I check the fansub group's forum page but didn't see any discussion of where it's tracker page will be housed.

Hope this situation clears up soon. Even if the tracker problems get resolved in the next day or so, I certainly can't imagine that the entire series will be completed in fansubs before September 1st.

I tried to obfuscate as much as possible here so I don't run afoul of the rules on licensed torrents. If I've gone over the lines, mods, please delete.

Edit: As of 3:20 pm EDT today the tracker files for this series have reappeared.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2007-07-24 at 14:18. Reason: tracker
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 14:42   Link #737
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm becoming a bit concerned about when we'll see the rest of this series subbed, and it's has nothing to do with the fansub group's efforts.

The subbing group's tracker owner has announced that he's taking the tracker offline on 9/1/07 for expense reasons. Yesterday the group's page reported an SQL (database) error. Today it doesn't respond at all. There's another well-known group on this tracker as well; I can't see its page either. I check the fansub group's forum page but didn't see any discussion of where it's tracker page will be housed.

Hope this situation clears up soon. Even if the tracker problems get resolved in the next day or so, I certainly can't imagine that the entire series will be completed in fansubs before September 1st.

I tried to obfuscate as much as possible here so I don't run afoul of the rules on licensed torrents. If I've gone over the lines, mods, please delete.

Edit: As of 3:20 pm EDT today the tracker files for this series have reappeared.
Its still being worked on by the community so no fear ^^
Old 2007-07-24, 19:20   Link #738
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM
Its still being worked on by the community so no fear ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei
it has nothing to do with the fansub group's efforts.
As I said, my concerns have nothing to do with the fansubbing group, for whom I have the greatest admiration for the fine job they are doing. My concerns are about the future availability of its tracker given the reported intention of its owner.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 23:35   Link #739
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I loved ep16.
Spoiler for ep16:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 04:32   Link #740
lommm
l'homme de lommm

you know, they can always use any number of random anime trackers available if they lose theirs.

and there is always IRC/XDCC 8:{
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, fantasy, historical, production i.g.