Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-08-30, 21:48   Link #721
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokumonsen View Post
@mangatron: Who owns dat ass in your sig?
Yagami Ko from New Game!, episode 06
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-30, 22:34   Link #722
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennis007 View Post
Why would they be attacking the Sinaak in the first place is easy, it gives them a chance to test the new weapons in combat against a force they should be able to defeat.
The Air Rifles were something Ikta set up. Remember back to his conversation with Haro at the beginning of this arc about "Anarai's box" being opened. I doubt the General even knows about them. He just wants to kill Sinaaks. It was only serendipity that they showed up when they did, where they did, so they could get combat testing.
Old 2016-08-31, 08:31   Link #723
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
While the Air Rifle is a new technology within the Katjvarna Empire, it would be surpassed with the introduction of gunpowder in Kioka Republic as they have Dr. Anarai Khan assisting them.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-31, 09:23   Link #724
Tenzen12

It was explicitly said Anarai wouldn't do anything that would give any side significant advantage. That's why was "Anarai box" system created in first place.
Old 2016-08-31, 11:19   Link #725
ccesarano

Kanna's demise would have hit a lot harder if they hadn't just invented the Sniper.

I can't take this show seriously at this point. I'm dropping it from my queue and replacing it with something else.

You guys all have fun.
Old 2016-08-31, 12:41   Link #726
Tenzen12

I saw people dropping stuff for many reasons, but never for existence of sharpshooters. I find it quite baffling... t
Old 2016-08-31, 14:15   Link #727
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I saw people dropping stuff for many reasons, but never for existence of sharpshooters. I find it quite baffling... t
It is pretty close to a deus ex machina, so personally I understand how people might find it a very weak element. I guess if we had more exposition of the science people and early life this wouldn't be too strange, but right now it's a bit of a convenience and also has the issue [plot wise] that it somewhat undermines our sniper friend a bit. He trained very hard and long to become a sharpshooter but given he now has been given a super-rifle it's hard not to look at it from the perspective that his ideals were fulfilled but his hard work didn't really matter—at least I got the impression in early episodes his hard work was important but apparently not very much, just his ambitions.
Old 2016-08-31, 14:36   Link #728
ccesarano

Quote:
It's not the existence of sharpshooters, per se. It's the culmination of just one guy inventing science, rather than it being a collection of brilliant minds. This genius guy also happened to invent rifling that only these people know about, and they're going to happen to call this class The Sniper. I'm just waiting for Ikta to say "With this, I've invented a network of communication I like to call The Internet!"

If they weren't playing it all so straight-faced I'd be able to deal with it. After all, I'm really digging over-the-top and ridiculous anime like Ace Attorney and Food Wars right now. But the fact that this moment is being played completely straight just has me rolling my eyes. The world is primitive in just the right ways that the protagonist and his friends can invent (or be aware of the invention of) any form of science or tech they need to gain the upper hand.

That's wankery, and I've lost my patience for it.
Old 2016-08-31, 15:05   Link #729
Tenzen12

Anarai "invented" (more likely definined) science and his disciples follows it and invent their own stuff. Honestly I don't know whether riffling is Ikta invention or something whole group knew for long time and kept under lid. Considering how they work it doesn't make any difference anyway.
Old 2016-08-31, 16:54   Link #730
Crazy Frog
Dead People

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccesarano View Post
Kanna's demise would have hit a lot harder if they hadn't just invented the Sniper.

I can't take this show seriously at this point. I'm dropping it from my queue and replacing it with something else.

You guys all have fun.
LOL. 4 episode left, just watch until the end bro. Sniper didn't make they OP because Kioka also have sniper. Anarai spread the technology at Kioka side while ikta at Empire.
Old 2016-08-31, 16:56   Link #731
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
It is pretty close to a deus ex machina, so personally I understand how people might find it a very weak element. I guess if we had more exposition of the science people and early life this wouldn't be too strange, but right now it's a bit of a convenience and also has the issue [plot wise] that it somewhat undermines our sniper friend a bit. He trained very hard and long to become a sharpshooter but given he now has been given a super-rifle it's hard not to look at it from the perspective that his ideals were fulfilled but his hard work didn't really matter—at least I got the impression in early episodes his hard work was important but apparently not very much, just his ambitions.
Hard work still matters if you want to headshot with a primitive rifle at 100m. It's not like he was given a laser canon. He was given one of the first rifles. He has no scope. Whatever it takes to make long distance shots, he's got to figure out himself.

Quote:
Anarai "invented" (more likely definined) science and his disciples follows it and invent their own stuff. Honestly I don't know whether riffling is Ikta invention or something whole group knew for long time and kept under lid. Considering how they work it doesn't make any difference anyway.
Well, that's the thing, isn't it? A small, shadowy group controls all the science and technology in the world. If any country gets any kind of new device, it's because that group not only allowed but arranged it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-31, 18:00   Link #732
Tenzen12

As usualally you are making several fundamental mistakes. First of all there is no such thing as organization, it's movement, as there is apparently nor duty nor hyarchy.

Second they obviously doesn't control ALL science and technology. Only thing they control is their own intellectual property in a way it doesn't lead to one-sided slaughter. Even if bunch of people doesn't decide support war machinery it Doesn't mean others can't invent as many stuff as they want.
Old 2016-08-31, 21:00   Link #733
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Second they obviously doesn't control ALL science and technology. Only thing they control is their own intellectual property in a way it doesn't lead to one-sided slaughter. Even if bunch of people doesn't decide support war machinery it Doesn't mean others can't invent as many stuff as they want.
But this is bad enough. They can make an one-sided slaughter happen if they want. They can make an empire collapse if they want. That's world changing power here.

In a realistic situation, the Empire should have known about the new weapons their enemy was developing through intelligence and developed their own counter measure, or stole the technology, or assassinated the guy. They should have equal footing with the other countries by their own power, not by the mercy of one man.
Old 2016-08-31, 23:28   Link #734
B214

^ And that's the fault of religious believe of the Kingdom. Anarai is considered a heretic for believing in science after all.
B214 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-01, 01:48   Link #735
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
As usualally you are making several fundamental mistakes. First of all there is no such thing as organization, it's movement, as there is apparently nor duty nor hyarchy.
A meaningless nuance. Especially since we saw Ikta receiving instructions and explain his "duty" to not share without permission, and to share when he does get the order to do so.

Quote:
They control the tech level on both sides. That means they have no competitors with different ideals who will spread what they invent to whichever country they're in. And that's true for both countries, not just the Empire.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-01, 03:55   Link #736
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
^ And that's the fault of religious believe of the Kingdom. Anarai is considered a heretic for believing in science after all.
It doesn't matter what your religion is or what you believe, if your neighboring enemy starts making guns superior to yours, you must find a way to deal with it.
Old 2016-09-01, 05:38   Link #737
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
The problem lies with Katjvarna Empire being so inept with technology that only a few people could use it properly.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-01, 05:45   Link #738
Crazy Frog
Dead People

Preview Episode 9

Sypnopsis = http://alderamin.net/story/09.html

Is this going to be next awesome fighting scene, after episode 4?

Last edited by Crazy Frog; 2016-09-01 at 05:56.
Crazy Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-01, 05:51   Link #739
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
It doesn't matter what your religion is or what you believe, if your neighboring enemy starts making guns superior to yours, you must find a way to deal with it.
And you believe a country that has all those incompetent leaders can do that? For starters, they're using religion to control the citizens so they won't develop science even if they can. They improve the science, people will start to lose faith in Religion and Gods that makes it harder to control the people.
B214 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-01, 06:01   Link #740
abhjetgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Frog View Post
Preview Episode 9

Sypnopsis = http://alderamin.net/story/09.html

Is this going to be next awesome fighting scene, after episode 4?
well that little sneak of the fight looked amazing.
abhjetgon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy setting, light novel adaptation, military school, politics, tactics, warfare