AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-01-29, 08:36   Link #721
Kaiji

Yeah, think of it this way...if you had a son and a daughter who were the same age, living under the same roof, didn't know they were related, and there was a chance of them hooking up...wouldn't THIS snap you out of it and force you to sit your son down to have a heart-to-heart with him so he doesn't go falling for his sister??
Kaiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 08:39   Link #722
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
New True Tears forum now open.

Please post in the appropriate threads and leave this one for the more generic discussion
so can we keep posting here about future events? As it seem the threads about each individual episodes don't allow future events spoilers, or maybe this thread can be move to the subforum!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 08:43   Link #723
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
so can we keep posting here about future events? As it seem the threads about each individual episodes don't allow future events spoilers, or maybe this thread can be move to the subforum!
I think you need to hit the "refresh" button on your browser

This thread is now for the more general purpose issues that don't fit into any of the existing threads. There should be no need to use this thread as a speculation thread if that is what you mean. If you think there is a need for such a speculation thread then please request one.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 08:43   Link #724
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
maybe it s like that Sasha Distel song recently redone by Madness : Scandal in the familly

Spoiler for :

who knows...
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 08:44   Link #725
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

I look away from AS forums for a while, and when I come back I get a new subforum. >_>

In any case, woot! Now I'll have to try and recall the ratings I gave for the previous episodes though...
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 08:49   Link #726
Falkor

This makes my day. I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw True Tears under the sub-forums group.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 08:52   Link #727
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Having deja-vu here. It's like Myself:Yourself. You know; awesome start>>>>ridiculous ending. Hope it doesn't turn out that way.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 08:57   Link #728
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
I think you need to hit the "refresh" button on your browser

This thread is now for the more general purpose issues that don't fit into any of the existing threads. There should be no need to use this thread as a speculation thread if that is what you mean. If you think there is a need for such a speculation thread then please request one.
Ah ah! this is too complicated that make my head hurt! Damn the people that were asking for a subforum!

I am afraid now of posting around here!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 09:02   Link #729
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Oh, it's very unexpected to see a sub forum for the series. At first it didn't promise anything extraordinary.
For now I'm out of discussion because I'm 2 episodes behind the schedule.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 09:06   Link #730
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
Having deja-vu here. It's like Myself:Yourself. You know; awesome start>>>>ridiculous ending. Hope it doesn't turn out that way.
The ending for Myself Yourself is cliche,but not that bad in my opinion.At least it didn't leave a lot of question marks.

For now,True Tears has a better start than Myself Yourself.The first few episodes are rather solid in my opinion,both in terms of plot and animation.

That said,congrats for having its own sub-forum.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 10:26   Link #731
cloudninja

I feel a bit conflicted that True Tears now has its own subforum. I'm happy to see the show rising in popularity and feel that our collective enthusiasm for it has helped it reach this status.

The problem for me is that it's now somewhat confusing about where I should post now as it might seem suitable for several different threads and I'm wondering if I should just divide parts of what would be previously be one post and put a little into each of several threads.

I was looking at the speculation and theories thread. It was asking for spoiler free speculation and theories. Maybe I can't grasp that thought at the moment but "spoiler-free speculation and theories" strikes me as having an oxymoronic quality to it as I don't understand exactly what it means for now. I feel kind of afraid to post there until I see a number of examples of spoiler free speculation and theories on there while seeing who is considered to be going overboard with spoilers.

Anyway this is probably just part of the growing pains involved in adjusting to having multiple threads available to post on compared to only one and having to figure out what's the most appropriate. Having multiple choices is nice but problematic for me. It's like having several girls available but now you have to choose one instead of remaining blissfully ignorant and noncommited.
cloudninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 10:38   Link #732
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
I feel a bit conflicted that True Tears now has its own subforum. I'm happy to see the show rising in popularity and feel that our collective enthusiasm for it has helped it reach this status.
I see where you're coming from and that's definitely a problem that needs to be solved. I'm going to split this series' audience in two branches:

- Those who want to have a look at next episode previews (those appearing on the official site each week) spoiling themselves. They shall have a thread where forming and debating their theories based on said spoilers. That thread doesn't exist yet, I'm going to create it now.

- Those who want the watch the next episode mind-free, without external influences. They shall have a thread where predicting future events WITHOUT prior knowledge of them. Their speculations will only be based on what's shown on the episodes. The current "Speculations and Theories" thread is the place for them.

Allow me a few minutes to operate.
Old 2008-01-29, 11:01   Link #733
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
I was looking at the speculation and theories thread. It was asking for spoiler free speculation and theories. Maybe I can't grasp that thought at the moment but "spoiler-free speculation and theories" strikes me as having an oxymoronic quality to it as I don't understand exactly what it means for now. I feel kind of afraid to post there until I see a number of examples of spoiler free speculation and theories on there while seeing who is considered to be going overboard with spoilers.
If you are basing your comments from the game and stating views such as "such and such happens and X ends up with Y" then it would be considered as a spoiler. If you speculate (i.e. give your own opinion on what may happen) and not base it on known game (or maybe manga) ending or events then that would be fine.

The main point would be that you do not spoil others by discussing game based issues.

I see that Pellissier has already replied and is looking at a solution
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 14:22   Link #734
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
...Hiromi spends all her time on the internet and the father is always working....
I'm not disagreeing with your general point, but I think that Hiromi has not been shown on the Internet, but shown doing data-entry for Shin's family's family business, the sake brewery. It's like when she's shown on her hands and knees cleaning the floor: she's doing chores, like Cinderella.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-01-29 at 14:48.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 18:09   Link #735
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Wake up in the morning to find everything normal. Visit in the afternoon and find a new forum for true tears.
Quite a surprise for me. It's a complex feeling... But overall a good thing.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 23:41   Link #736
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
she's doing chores, like Cinderella.
And it seems our Shinichiro wants to be her prince.

Amusing, but it does made me join her faction in the three-way race in this show.
Think Seto no Hanayome, the Runa-San wars. I'm that kid in the stormtrooper helmet

P.S. Its own subforum! I'm surprised, the post count doesn't seem that high. Not that I mind though, it's a great show.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 03:31   Link #737
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Whoa... a new section popped up and I just started on this journey into the world of true tears as well... coincidence or destiny?? LOL

Anyways, I've only gone through the first ep so far and it's already hitting me in the right spots (metaphorically... not literally).
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 12:19   Link #738
Fudce
Nishizawa Fanboy

Just heard word that it's licenced by Bandai Visual USA (along with Shigofumi)
Old 2008-01-30, 12:19   Link #739
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

lol , True tears has been Licensed already :
http://bandaivisual.us/pdfs/PressRelease080130-st.pdf
http://www.bandaivisual.us/truetears/

edit : well , Fudce was as fast(faster even) then me :P
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 13:44   Link #740
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

A thread about the licensing of True Tears has been created and the recent posts discussing the matter moved there.

Please continue the discussion in that place

And of course, from now on any mention of True Tears anime download becomes forbidden.

Tags
bishoujo, broccoli, circus, drama, p.a. works, romance, school life