Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-25, 11:02   Link #721
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Documents in which the gender of the person is written. Doesn't keep Natsume from crossdressing.

They obviously have ties to the powers that be to help them keep their secrets. It's no different.
Now, a school can't really make you "not" crossdress as long as you're in uniform and she's paying tuition so they've turned a blind eye. She was originally not in the boy's dorm but shifted over because Harutora was there to protect her. If she's ever outed and continues to crossdress, then she's going to be an outcast.

Natsume was probably home schooled up til late middle school or high school to hide her gender.

It's different from being on a legal document where you can just do some research and find out what you want to know. I highly doubt those students are motivated enough and have enough access to find someone's gender.

Last edited by orion; 2013-12-25 at 11:17.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 11:12   Link #722
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Ok, so Harutora knew about the existence of the ribbon Natsume was wearing, but only a year after does he make the connection that it's the same one he gave Hokuto? BAKAtora indeed.

So is Harutora gonna be mad that Natsume was keeping it secret that she was Hokuto all along, or would he be happy to know she has been right beside him all along? Want to see next episode NAO, but I have a feeling that it's most likely gonna be swept under the rug again. >_>

But yeah, HHHHNNNGGGG that Natsume is more her girly self this episode. Too much 'nag the heck outta Harutora' bokuko Hokuto... now if only her real gender is revealed and she gets to wear skirts again. XD

@Family Head
I thought the main reason why Natsume is considered the next family head is because everyone thinks she's Yakou incarnate, right? So if someone else is Yakou, then this whole crossdressing discussion is rendered moot.

And gee, it's not like we got sledgehammered to the head as to who's the real incarnation of Yakou in the first few episodes, now did we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Kyoko even met Natsume in the past.
You mean Bakatora? Natsume has no recollection of ever meeting Kyoko, but we do get a flashback between Harutora and a girl not Natsume concerning about a ribbon. Just as Harutora had a revelation about the true identity of Hokuto this episode, I hope that Kyoko gets to know the true identity of her crush that many years ago.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 11:24   Link #723
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Ok, so Harutora knew about the existence of the ribbon Natsume was wearing, but only a year after does he make the connection that it's the same one he gave Hokuto? BAKAtora indeed.
To be fair, a ton of things happened that year between the constant studying, so cut him a bit of slack there.

Quote:
@Family Head
I thought the main reason why Natsume is considered the next family head is because everyone thinks she's Yakou incarnate, right?
It's the reverse. Yakou is suppose to reincarnate as next head of main family who just currently happens to be Natsume.

Quote:
You mean Bakatora? Natsume has no recollection of ever meeting Kyoko, but we do get a flashback between Harutora and a girl not Natsume concerning about a ribbon. Just as Harutora had a revelation about the true identity of Hokuto this episode, I hope that Kyoko gets to know the true identity of her crush that many years ago.
Correct, to expand on this a little, Natsume herself was actually sick that day when Kyuoko came to visit.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 11:25   Link #724
Ickarium

I just hope, as someone mentioned previously, that it doesn't revert to status quo and Natsume doesn't somehow convince Harutora he's wrong.

While I think she did a really bad thing personally when she didn't tell him what she was doing, I also hope there's not a long, drawn-out period of angst, as I hate that.
Old 2013-12-25, 11:31   Link #725
orion

Quote:

@Family Head
I thought the main reason why Natsume is considered the next family head is because everyone thinks she's Yakou incarnate, right? So if someone else is Yakou, then this whole crossdressing discussion is rendered moot.

And gee, it's not like we got sledgehammered to the head as to who's the real incarnation of Yakou in the first few episodes, now did we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
It's the reverse. Yakou is suppose to reincarnate as next head of main family who just currently happens to be Natsume.
That means that Harutora is the "head of the family" and has to be "adopted" into the main family with Natsume "disappearing" to make room for him.
Old 2013-12-25, 11:36   Link #726
Jerseykid

Was that the all mighty Aizen voice over!?
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 11:42   Link #727
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
That means that Harutora is the "head of the family" and has to be "adopted" into the main family with Natsume "disappearing" to make room for him.
Maybe.

There are many things that are odd about Harutora which contradict what's established about him. I mean how can someone who was not supposedly born with no spirit sight which every Onmyouji has have such absurd spiritual power that it's capable of breaking reinforced magic objects and effecting other shikigami? Not to mention he's said weird things that makes him sound more mature than he's been shown to be. Whether he's Yakou or not he's clearly not a normal person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Was that the all mighty Aizen voice over!?
You mean Yasuzumi right?

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-12-25 at 12:38.
Old 2013-12-25, 11:46   Link #728
orion

Quote:
Maybe.

There are many things that are odd about Harutora which contradict what's established about him. I mean how can someone who was not supposedly born with no spirit sight which every Onmyouji has have such absurd spiritual power that it's capable of breaking reinforced magic objects or effecting other shikigami? Not to mention he's said weird things that makes him sound more mature than he's been shown to be. Whether he's Yakou or not he's clearly not a normal person.
What if his powers were partially sealed until he became able to handle them responsibly? It would be the best thing to do with a full powered Yakou at birth. Also, give him a normal positive upbringing so that he acts more responsibly when he gets his powers back.

Would you really want a kid with Yakou's full powers running amok?
Old 2013-12-25, 11:52   Link #729
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
What if his powers were partially sealed until he became able to handle them responsibly? It would be the best thing to do with a full powered Yakou at birth. Also, give him a normal upbringing so that he acts more responsibly when he gets his powers back.

Would you really want a kid with Yakou's full powers running amok?
Assuming that is the case, it doesn't explain why he's not the head though. I would think there is something more that had to do with it.
Old 2013-12-25, 11:59   Link #730
Ickarium

_IF_ he's Yakao, it could also simply be that the ritual wasn't perfect and it damaged his soul slightly, and thus his spirit sight wasn't present or couldn't wake up for a while (if ever). I mean, didn't he cause a huge amount of chaos in Tokyo too? I could see the ritual being somewhat flawed.
Old 2013-12-25, 11:59   Link #731
Jerseykid

Quote:
You mean Yasuzumi right?
The person they showed in the office at school briefly, I don't remember the name.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 12:22   Link #732
Vezon

oh gosh the wait is killing me. Harutora now knows about the ribbon. It was pretty funny seeing Natsume getting basically rejected.
Old 2013-12-25, 12:23   Link #733
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
_IF_ he's Yakao, it could also simply be that the ritual wasn't perfect and it damaged his soul slightly, and thus his spirit sight wasn't present or couldn't wake up for a while (if ever). I mean, didn't he cause a huge amount of chaos in Tokyo too? I could see the ritual being somewhat flawed.
That's certainly possible, but I think some people would have noticed his issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
The person they showed in the office at school briefly, I don't remember the name.
Yes, that's him. He is Natsume's father and Yukikaze (the flying horse) is his shikigami.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezonisdead View Post
oh gosh the wait is killing me. Harutora now knows about the ribbon. It was pretty funny seeing Natsume getting basically rejected.
She kinda has herself to blame for that.
Old 2013-12-25, 12:31   Link #734
Razdent

hokuto and natsume act very differently around harutora (except for the bakatora bit). i'm not surprised that natsume ended up feeling hurt about what she heard. she really should have come clean earlier.
Razdent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 15:04   Link #735
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
My understanding is that his family now becomes the 'main' family while the others become branches. He's still a Tsuchimikado after all.

Well either that or Harutora and Natsume were switched upon birth, and so Harutora really is 'main family' material.

Quote:
Assuming that is the case, it doesn't explain why he's not the head though. I would think there is something more that had to do with it.
My 100% speculation is that they made Natsume head as a 'decoy' to lure the Yakou fanatics away from the real Yakou incarnation, while sealing the real Yakou's power. Don't want the Shaman Bureau on their asses again right?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 15:57   Link #736
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
A little hard to do as the kid will have a birth certificate which is a legal document. Then there's the medical documents.
Actually she just has to assume another name for it, no one will ever check her identity while she is giving birth.
They just have to vanish fast enough afterwards.
Plus they can just use a disguised familiar as Natsume in the meantime...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 16:09   Link #737
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Now, a school can't really make you "not" crossdress as long as you're in uniform and she's paying tuition so they've turned a blind eye. She was originally not in the boy's dorm but shifted over because Harutora was there to protect her. If she's ever outed and continues to crossdress, then she's going to be an outcast.

Natsume was probably home schooled up til late middle school or high school to hide her gender.

It's different from being on a legal document where you can just do some research and find out what you want to know. I highly doubt those students are motivated enough and have enough access to find someone's gender.
It's not just the school. As a celebrity, a lot of people are interested in learning whatever they can about Natsume. Yet her gender is still a secret. Ergo, the Tsuchimikado have ways to fudge or seal those records, probably with the complicity of the government.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 16:15   Link #738
versionf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
Jesus, they're really intent on cutting out as much Touji scenes as possible.

Bummed out they skipped out on a hilarious scene with Touji and Suzuka though. Darn.
Touji? That's just one comedy scene and there were countless of them being cut out. This is nothing compared to how they -completely- skipped Tenma and some Harutora's development and this is just episode 12. I am still mad they wasted their precious time on side stories.
versionf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 17:24   Link #739
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
My 100% speculation is that they made Natsume head as a 'decoy' to lure the Yakou fanatics away from the real Yakou incarnation, while sealing the real Yakou's power. Don't want the Shaman Bureau on their asses again right?
That's pretty solid theory, but I think that the Tsuchimikados would be more afraid of the former rather than the later. After all the Two Horn Syndicate is an extremist faction who care little for the law and have gone as far as abduction, terrorism and other various illegal methods to get what they want (look what happened to Touji!). Worse they could be anywhere, hell they certainly have a lot members in Bureau itself. Natsume herself nor the fact that she is a Tsuchimkiado matters much to them, only the fact she might be an old ghost from the past, which puts her life in danger.

Speaking of which this episode nicely framed narrative with good amount of info going forth. Had it not been for Suzuka (with a bit of help from Touji) most of main cast would still be in the dark about what they are up against. The Raven Coat (or Raven Wing) and this Rou Saotome fella certainly seems like they going to play a big role in solving the Yakou mystery and perhaps offer some measure of protection.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-12-25 at 19:03.
Old 2013-12-25, 20:58   Link #740
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's not just the school. As a celebrity, a lot of people are interested in learning whatever they can about Natsume. Yet her gender is still a secret. Ergo, the Tsuchimikado have ways to fudge or seal those records, probably with the complicity of the government.
I wouldn't call it a secret. It's just assumed that she's a guy. No one has any reason to doubt it. And we're not in the type of anime title where they'd strip the person to confirm the gender.

Tags
action, comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen, supernatural anime