AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2016-03-23, 19:01   Link #721
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Router25 View Post
they only include the TV size version. If you want the full versions, you'd better find the actual album (which was Raise your flag (MAN WITH A MISSION) / Orphans no namida (MISIA), and Survivor (BLUE ENCOUNT)/ STEEL- Tekketsu no Kizuna (TRUE) for s1 and s2 OP/ED respectively.
Woah, now that I look into it, all of the OP and ED's artists' names are in all caps
Ah thanks

All caps for groups and certain artists isnt exactly uncommon
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 12:16   Link #722
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Spoiler for Newtype Interview:

IBO original story were planned to be more darker and bloodier than the official story.
If they went with the original story IBO S1 would be huge explosion than 00
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 12:33   Link #723
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so its basically like the working draft of SEED where almost the entire main cast died, yes, including Kira himself, with Athrun being the sole survivor albeit losing one of his arms in the process, but the writers changed that due to both the fans & seiyuus became attached to the characters.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 13:07   Link #724
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
so its basically like the working draft of SEED where almost the entire main cast died, yes, including Kira himself, with Athrun being the sole survivor albeit losing one of his arms in the process, but the writers changed that due to both the fans & seiyuus became attached to the characters.
They changed from supposed Children in bloody despair "Tomino kill em all" into near melodramatic we go, we kill,we win fck everybody as long we are together everything is alright we don't give damn to anything.
Since they revealed this info to public mean Sunrise completely disposed this idea.
Old 2016-04-09, 23:49   Link #725
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

^Maybe because they are reminded of Tomino on how the original plot went?

Anyways, can I confirm something?

Was Gjallarhorn destroyed at the end of the series? Some people thought it did (probably because that's how all the previous Gundam shows went), but I really think that it still is around...
Old 2016-04-10, 00:12   Link #726
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuoh DeltaPlus View Post
^Maybe because they are reminded of Tomino on how the original plot went?

Anyways, can I confirm something?

Was Gjallarhorn destroyed at the end of the series? Some people thought it did (probably because that's how all the previous Gundam shows went), but I really think that it still is around...
Pretty sure it wasn't. Certainly they were weakened a little bit as the blocs trusted them less and wanted to be more independent, but they are very much there with McGillis taking over it after his political machinations in the show.

Besides, McGillis pretty much wants to make a reformed Gjallahorn and that cannot happen if Gjallahorn itself was destroyed. The show isn't really over yet anyhow, mainly because of the McGillis taking over Gjallajorn thing, which mirrors a little bit how Ribbons took and betrayed Alejandro at the end of Gundam 00 Season 1. He will be doing stuff with it in Season 2, whether that be good guy stuff or evil villain stuff. (I'm betting on the latter)

If we're talking about the old main leaders of Gjallahorn then yes, they are gone. McGillis father was imprisoned at the end of the show due to his conspiricy, Carta's father is ill (and probabaly will die) while Gaelio and Carta themselves are dead. Take the all of the above and McGillis' impending marriage to Almiria, his power grab looks to be successful from what we are shown.
Old 2016-04-10, 00:27   Link #727
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Pretty sure it wasn't. Certainly they were weakened a little bit as the blocs trusted them less and wanted to be more independent, but they are very much there with McGillis taking over it after his political machinations in the show.

Besides, McGillis pretty much wants to make a reformed Gjallahorn and that cannot happen if Gjallahorn itself was destroyed. The show isn't really over yet anyhow, mainly because of the McGillis taking over Gjallajorn thing, which mirrors a little bit how Ribbons took and betrayed Alejandro at the end of Gundam 00 Season 1. He will be doing stuff with it in Season 2, whether that be good guy stuff or evil villain stuff. (I'm betting on the latter)

If we're talking about the old main leaders of Gjallahorn then yes, they are gone. McGillis father was imprisoned at the end of the show due to his conspiricy, Carta's father is ill (and probabaly will die) while Gaelio and Carta themselves are dead. Take the all of the above and McGillis' impending marriage to Almiria, his power grab looks to be successful from what we are shown.
Well there are still the remaining 4 stars of Gjallarhorn and they will be opposed to what McGillis is planning to do with it. So they would manipulate the other blocs to starting a war with Abrau and we are threatened with a second Calamity War and it is up to Tekkadan and Co to bring an true end to this madness. Of course, McGillis will still fight Mika to make sure the world they change will be one worth protecting.
Old 2016-04-10, 02:21   Link #728
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Spoiler for Newtype Interview:

IBO original story were planned to be more darker and bloodier than the official story.
If they went with the original story IBO S1 would be huge explosion than 00
Doesn't matter since the story right now is still pretty dark and we still have season 2 so a lot of the stuff must have stayed also this

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gundam/comm...haracter_poll/ Mika is the Second Gundam MC to rank Number 1

( last one was Kira and that says a lot )
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 02:51   Link #729
B214

Humanity has moved past pacifism and is now embracing violence?
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 02:59   Link #730
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
well look at are Current Government ? their a lot like
gjallarhorn trying to control us, anyone would react Violently to that.
Old 2016-04-10, 03:06   Link #731
Jestersage

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Take a look at a certain US president candidate rally.
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 03:25   Link #732
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

You people realize you're not supposed to bring real world politics into these threads, right?
Old 2016-04-10, 03:33   Link #733
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
You people realize you're not supposed to bring real world politics into these threads, right?
sorry about that the real world Politics and IBO Politics kinda almost seemed the same so I could relate to it again tho sorry
Old 2016-04-10, 04:19   Link #734
xeviouses

Alright bringing it back to IBO proper.

You know, we still have no idea what kind Gjallarhorn McGillis wants to create. He says the 'right' path but what kind of 'right' are we talking about here?

There is implication that he wants it back to how Gjallarhorn was 300 years ago, but its only an implication and he could be saying that just for Gaelio to not question him too much about it.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 04:38   Link #735
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
Doesn't matter since the story right now is still pretty dark and we still have season 2 so a lot of the stuff must have stayed also this

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gundam/comm...haracter_poll/ Mika is the Second Gundam MC to rank Number 1

( last one was Kira and that says a lot )
Agreed, IBO still pretty dark despite the lighter tone. Maybe they still adapt original story for S2, for the most add Tekkadan question their own moral compass are plausible for their characters situation, especially for Mika who is most amoral among Tekkadan. He bound to face his morality dilemma sooner or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
sorry about that the real world Politics and IBO Politics kinda almost seemed the same so I could relate to it again tho sorry
Most politic themed anime always based from real world reference. Nothing is news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post

You know, we still have no idea what kind Gjallarhorn McGillis wants to create. He says the 'right' path but what kind of 'right' are we talking about here?

There is implication that he wants it back to how Gjallarhorn was 300 years ago, but its only an implication and he could be saying that just for Gaelio to not question him too much about it.
True, i Believe McGills want to reform Gjallarhorn in his own ideal or rather his own desire.
Seeing McGills personality, it's hard to see if this guy want to bring a war more disastrous than calamity era but Char Clone often prone to destruction and reform.
Old 2016-04-10, 04:50   Link #736
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Agreed, IBO still pretty dark despite the lighter tone. Maybe they still adapt original story for S2, for the most add Tekkadan question their own moral compass are plausible for their characters situation, especially for Mika who is most amoral among Tekkadan. He bound to face his morality dilemma sooner or not.

Most politic themed anime always based from real world reference. Nothing is news.
Right The fact that we some how avoid Real world Politics when talking about IBO shocks me 0_O and Mika will learn the Gravity in his mistakes also one thing to take Note of that Interview said Eugene Betrays Tekkadan at the Beginning Note that part of the Interview is very important that means Eugene Betraying is not out of the question that mean it can still happen later on in season 2 which would mean its a huge spoiler
Old 2016-04-10, 13:44   Link #737
Jestersage

I think TV Tropes pointed out that IBO have many things that seems to be ripped from the headline, so I think having real world politics is unavoidable. Kinda liek Gintama got flak for using a certain Japanese Diet member for their joke.
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 20:57   Link #738
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post

Given McGillis' character, I think it is now hard to judge his actions base on what we see. Who knows, maybe he is also hiding something from us audience.

Honestly, I could see it go either way - Gjallarhon eventually becomes the big bad again in season 2 (but not the only antagonist), or they could actually make a face turn and be an ally to Tekkadan.

That being said, with McGillis being our masked man, I doubt he becomes allies with Mika, not without a big fight near the end.
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 04:33   Link #739
Skaddix

Seems like everyone won except McGillis's supposed friends.

McGillis takes control at Gjhallahorn.
Earth Blocs look to give more independence to Mars. Probably get some themselves.
Tekkadan mostly survived and got paid.
The Rich Dudes cashed in for a big win by picking up Tekkadan and not killing Kudelia.

Of course, they probably have to deal with Kudelia's Father. Maybe a Gjhallahorn vs Earth Bloc or internal Civil War.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 05:35   Link #740
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Maybe a Gjhallahorn vs Earth Bloc or internal Civil War.
Speaking of Civil War, maybe Tekkadan can have one.......with each of their Gundams on opposing sides.

Wait, Mika's probabaly going to win anyways. So maybe more of one-sided massacre than a war.