AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-01, 21:52   Link #7461
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasaiGojira20 View Post
Yeahh Tohka isn't stupid. She is naive for sure though. Everything she has experienced in the world is basically her first experience of it all in the human world. Her personality lines up nicely since she is so eager and happy to learn about everything. Sure she isn't too bright sometimes, but when the time calls for it she can buckle down and get serious, she definitely is helpful and can do it. The one thing she did know is fighting due to her experiences with the AST and even in volume 10 it still shows that she knows how to do that very well. So.. She isn't just inherently dumb. Sure her int stat is low. But she still has plenty to learn and she grows as a character the more she learns. And I certainly love watching her learn and make silly mistakes. She's absolutely adorable and she's a great character. Lots of other reasons I like her. But yeah, that's just addressing her being "stupid"

At least that's how I feel. Maybe it's cause I'm such a big fan of hers...
sorry bro tohka is pretty stupid. Her lack of intelligence shows in how she's easily baited by origami the misunderstanding about photos with shidou in the DAL special she pretty much doesn't think compared to the other spirits she knows how to fight but that's about it sorry to say
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 21:57   Link #7462
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
sorry bro tohka is pretty stupid. Her lack of intelligence shows in how she's easily baited by origami the misunderstanding about photos with shidou in the DAL special she pretty much doesn't think compared to the other spirits she knows how to fight but that's about it sorry to say
So a little of both, eh? She's stupid and not at the same time? Talk about Schrodinger's Cat. I kind of agree to that, but there were those times where her stupidity is overshadowed by some other quality. She's also selfish, but when it comes to saving the spirits, she puts her personal feelings aside. She's a child in many aspects, and so when you look at a girl with a sixteen-year old body with a mental capacity of a toddler, it's a valid conclusion that she's stupid.

I just had a talk on how Origami will be saved through a fake marriage. Thoughts?

Pick whatever link, it doesn't matter. It's the same story.
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 22:04   Link #7463
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

I believe that Tohka is on the lower side of average intelligence and is naive due to her lack of experience. That is, she's easily duped because she's new to the world and doesn't think things through but is by no means stupid.

I love how adorable she is (mostly due to her innocent misunderstandings) but she can still kick your ass.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 22:25   Link #7464
KasaiGojira20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Yeah like I said there are those dumb moments sometimes, but overall she isn't really.. "stupid." The misunderstanding with the photo is completely her being naive though and literally "misunderstanding" it's got nothing to do with her being smart or dumb. And I don't really think it's fair to say she doesn't think compared to the others. Like.. in moments where she has supported Shidou she's always had a good grasp of what's going on and what she needs to say. So.. sure I admit she isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. But I still stand by my earlier post. Again, she's still learning.
Old 2014-04-01, 22:34   Link #7465
KasaiGojira20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
So a little of both, eh? She's stupid and not at the same time? Talk about Schrodinger's Cat. I kind of agree to that, but there were those times where her stupidity is overshadowed by some other quality. She's also selfish, but when it comes to saving the spirits, she puts her personal feelings aside. She's a child in many aspects, and so when you look at a girl with a sixteen-year old body with a mental capacity of a toddler, it's a valid conclusion that she's stupid.

I just had a talk on how Origami will be saved through a fake marriage. Thoughts?
I think I may have been involved in that talk... It's a interesting idea. But still tough to see considering what has happened to Origami's parents and what she has done
Old 2014-04-01, 22:40   Link #7466
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

What if the ring turns out to be some sort of power limiter that also symbolizes her "marriage" to Shidou? I dunno, just speculating.

At the end of the arc we might see the first time we saw Shidou and Origami meet in story (wasn't that at school?), except she'd be wearing a ring and even more of a stalker (is that possible?!).

Don't forget our promise, Shidou-kun.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 01:56   Link #7467
LeWLWuT

Well, the marriage thing is possible, some say, but those that doubt it say that Origami is beyond repair. She devoted her life to becoming a spirit-killing machine, to avenge her parents, and now that she realized that they died by her own hand, that experience is gonna scar her for life, weigh her down. It was proposed that she should throw that past away, and live a new life. Remember her younger self, who wished to be a bride when she grew up?

Old 2014-04-02, 02:31   Link #7468
RegulusNemea

So Shidou have 9 girls + 2 in the future volumes?
He's surpassing Issei now O_O
Old 2014-04-02, 02:59   Link #7469
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegulusNemea View Post
So Shidou have 9 girls + 2 in the future volumes?
He's surpassing Issei now O_O
Actually 11 + 2 fan + 2 trap = 15 harem members
Spoiler:

On-topic I wonder if kurumi will appear at vol 11 and after origami arc
Old 2014-04-02, 03:45   Link #7470
LeWLWuT

She's gonna play a very important role, that's for sure. it's a well known fact that whenever Kurumi appears, expect the plot to move. She's as mysterious as the deep blue sea. For her to be sealed, which is a highly anticipated event, is gonna take some serious effort.

Old 2014-04-02, 03:58   Link #7471
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
She's gonna play a very important role, that's for sure. it's a well known fact that whenever Kurumi appears, expect the plot to move. She's as mysterious as the deep blue sea. For her to be sealed, which is a highly anticipated event, is gonna take some serious effort.
Yes that's true but I really want to know her backstory why she intend to kill the spirit that appear 30 years ago I hope the author reveal some back story on her in the future volumes

Last edited by kusabireika; 2014-04-02 at 04:44. Reason: Just fixed the grammar
kusabireika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 06:16   Link #7472
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Yes that's true but I really want to know her backstory why she intend to kill the spirit that appear 30 years ago I hope the author reveal some back story on her in the future volumes
they most likely will reveal her backstory but she'll be one of the last spirits captured IMO.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 13:49   Link #7473
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Actually 11 + 2 fan + 2 trap = 15 harem members
Spoiler:

On-topic I wonder if kurumi will appear at vol 11 and after origami arc
Kuroka should be on one of those lists......except trap!!!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 14:13   Link #7474
Birdway
Banned

Who's Yumi?

And don't forget his homo harem:

Kiba
Valí
Sairaorg
Caso Cao

Wait, don't forget Kuroko, if it's her she would make a 3some with Koneko.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 15:02   Link #7475
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Who's Yumi?
Yumi is the unofficial name for Yuuto Kiba's gender-bended form

And now let's get back on subject, because if you want to discuss Issei's harem go to the High School DxD thread.

ImperialFlameGod8190 I believe your right that Kurumi will probably either the last or second to last Spirit Shidou seals, and that they will reveal her backstory during that time.
Old 2014-04-02, 16:27   Link #7476
Rogue66

A trailer for the anime dub out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O5-jtrIxP8
Rogue66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 16:43   Link #7477
Death Usagi
Banned

I truly wonder what will happen at the end of Shidou's quest of sealing spirits. Must he choose one girl out of the entire Spirits he has sealed, or he goes harem route...? O_O;;
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 16:45   Link #7478
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
I truly wonder what will happen at the end of Shidou's quest of sealing spirits. Must he choose one girl out of the entire Spirits he has sealed, or he goes harem route...? O_O;;
Harem route all the way!
Old 2014-04-02, 17:03   Link #7479
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
After absorbing so much of the spirits energy, we get a dramatic warning (from Phantom, probably) that it will have grave consequences.

Everyone desperately tries to save Shidou, but alas they fail to deal with the spirits energy in time. There is a massive blast of light from Shidous body and..... he becomes the last spirit, Shiori.

Realizing the only way to return the object of their affections to his proper gender (though Miku doesn't mind either way) is to seal him through the same method he used for them, the girls prepare to make Shidou fall in love with them. Slow fade as the girls chase Shiori all across the city.
Old 2014-04-02, 17:06   Link #7480
Birdway
Banned

Shidou will be able to open the gates to other world, the one where spirits came from.

Also, this series MUST have the harem end.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy