Confused Shark

^Hei Ama~

Rio the hetare is top 10? Nooooooooo~w
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-06, 00:01   Link #7482
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Chissu~ Tora

Surprising right? I didn't expect that as well, so I guess, Seirei Gensouki chances for anime green-lit will raise.
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-06, 03:15   Link #7483
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

Too bad the publisher for it makes it so that even if it does get an anime, prob will only be a 1 cour one at most.
Old 2018-12-06, 04:00   Link #7484
dragon1412

Hello ama, long time no see

@Kyureki: what did the publisher do ????
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-06, 04:23   Link #7485
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^Nothing, just that HJ Bunko novels only get one cour in general, but it's not their fault if the BDs don't sell much.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-06, 04:59   Link #7486
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

^^ What Rinvelt said. HJ Bunko doesn't have the kind of money to fund more than a single cour under usual circumstances.
Old 2018-12-06, 08:46   Link #7487
dragon1412

Hmmm, i actually doesn't notice this though, thanks for the info, it is kinda sad for that though
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-06, 08:58   Link #7488
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Well, it's actually pretty obvious with Rokujouma. It's their main series in a way (oldest one), to the point that the author basically got carte blanche and can continue until he doesn't have anything to write, and even then they couldn't get it a second season for the anime, just another Drama CD...
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 03:44   Link #7489
asfsajkl123

Is there a tag people use for con artist protagonist? I’m searching for novels with a protagonist that is good at lying.
asfsajkl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 04:32   Link #7490
sasuke706

There isn't one for a specific protagonist, but assuming the author actually properly tags their work (good luck), it'd be 詐欺師 or 嘘つき as a standalone tags. Or in the title. Or in the summary. And you'll get results for similar author names too since the 'exclude' function removes works with authors who have that in their name, compared to just not searching by name at all. Meaning by using the exclusion feature, even if the work is ALSO about the term, it still removes it due to the author name.
Of course even searching with the term won't necessarily refer to the protagonist since no one slaps 主人公 on with either of the terms.

And if you're looking for an unreliable narrator, the amount of people who actually use the tags are so few and far between, on top of being a rare concept for Narou. Plus it's kind of better as a narrative surprise, y'know?
The tags for unreliable narrator being: 信頼できない語り手, 信頼出来ない語り手, or 信用できない語り手.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 12:42   Link #7491
Garn

It would be interesting to see a "tenii class" novel where, Inception-mode,the protagonist is part of the class of who in cliche-mode the MC would be retaliating with the typical action of "serves you right(ざまぁ?)" (not killing), but being the protagonist now who throughout the cringe of the MC(hetare) and the harem(choro), it will be the one who will now retaliate against the MC, since he will be the one who now awakens a power more OP and who will begin to unravel everything the MC did.
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-11, 02:09   Link #7492
asfsajkl123

^^
That sucks. Theres so few novels with unconventional protagonists that are actually interesting.

Btw I think there’s an option to keep your search/exclusion to specific field like “keyword” or “title” and etc. so you can just pick all fields Except author name.
It’s in the 詳細条件設定 tab at the bottom.

I wonder if they will ever add a feature where the readers play some sort of role in adding/removing tags. Cuz authors are just so bad at it. Like this oone novel i saw that had the tag bad ending together with good ending. It could be just a simple voting system too. People can upvote/downvote a tag or propose new tag and have others vote on it.
asfsajkl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-11, 07:34   Link #7493
sasuke706

The new search system involving author names might be better (I only tested it with the old style) but during my tests the results were awful. Looks like the new one might be more promising in that regard; I just assumed they never fixed it because of some other more awful changes they made with the new system.

User tags would be a horrible idea in some ways, sadly. They'd have to introduce some sort of community editor role for it to work out to any degree, which I can't imagine Narou doing.
Reason being is that some tags will be blatant spoilers—hence why I don't actually like the 'happy end' or 'bad end' tags despite understanding why they exist—and some authors intentionally don't include certain tags. Some series also have stupid tag combinations, like 'strongest protag/weakest protag' or 'serious/comedy/gag' which basically says 'my series caters to everyone so come check it out haha' instead of giving an actual feel of what the tone is. They seriously might as well just not have the tags in that case.

Like I recall someone saying that the Otome Mob game series by Wai intentionally doesn't have the harem tag for whatever reason. Any random user could add that when the author doesn't want it. This also means that, unfortunately, a voting system wouldn't work too well either as the majority of readers would agree that it's harem and vote it up, and the mass-mentality that seems to show up now and then would try to ruin a work they don't like the development of. For example, heroines with a history of being raped turns out to be very not well received, and one work that had it as a nice surprise had everyone complaining in the comments about how it should be in the tags when that would ruin all shock value of the reveal in the first place.

I'm also not sure how it would affect the 'isekai' tag, seeing as a lot of novels and readers nowadays seem to confuse 'isekai' with 'fantasy.'
And even if it has isekai elements, if it isn't a main focus or refers to the protagonist or otherwise main characters, it shouldn't be tagged anyway; you don't want to tag every minor thing, just the main focuses of a novel, or things with enough presence that would attract readers. Otherwise they have a fun word for that: clickbait.

The only solution is really getting on an author's ass for having awful tags, which most Narou readers simply will not do.
Old 2018-12-11, 07:54   Link #7494
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
For example, heroines with a history of being raped turns out to be very not well received, and one work that had it as a nice surprise had everyone complaining in the comments about how it should be in the tags when that would ruin all shock value of the reveal in the first place.
That's just how the community is

To avoid serious backlashes, author should hint her past in early stage
Definitely before the heroine becomes too popular
Old 2018-12-11, 08:09   Link #7495
sasuke706

Ironically the backlash I'm referring to was about the hint in the early stage.
It was a pretty obvious hint and had everyone freaking out, and was pretty early in the novel too.
Or rather I don't think the novel ever got past the 'early' portion.

The only thing he could've done was make the series' tone relatively dark from the start to ease them in, I guess.
It was one of those series that got onto the daily ranking early in its life for some reason so it attracted a lot of people looking to have their specific tastes catered to.
Old 2018-12-11, 08:24   Link #7496
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^What?

Even early hinted is not okay?

I thought people only rage if the case is like Oboro of Black Maria, hundred chapters in after her appearance, became best girl, then BOOOM "She was forced to become a prostitute for a month", with roughest clients, and this is after her origin story was revealed that she ran away from her hometown because she didn't want to be snusnued by the lord.
Like wtf? She escaped snusnu just to be practically gangraped

Early hint is okay imho
coz just as you don't care whether a mob got raped
Potential heroine is still basically mob
Old 2018-12-12, 00:46   Link #7497
Valky
Radioactive

Yeah, readers capable to add or removing tags have too much of a downside to implement. As sasuke said, in order for the work to have the proper tags and without spoiling the work itself will need a lot of supervision .. which is difficult considering the works in narou are just too many. Not to mention, it's the internet after all, there are a lot of trolls.
Old 2018-12-12, 21:50   Link #7498
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

So I recently started reading 日本へようこそエルフさん since I needed some light-hearted reading and have been enjoying it so far, but does anyone know if the MC ever gets anywhere romance/relationship-wise with the main heroine?
Old 2018-12-13, 01:13   Link #7499
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^In the latest chapters they are going out
There's a kiss
No snusnu yet

But the elf has [kashira] in her speech, kinda doesn't match her appearance
Old 2018-12-14, 00:06   Link #7500
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Hachinan green-lit for anime, waii~~~