AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-03-11, 19:50   Link #7501
testeottilio

If Shun becomes a God and SHIRO enemy, he will be killed, a shiro does not show mercy to Enemies.
Kuro VS Shiro is no longer for the result, but I bet on Shiro.

– Cersei to Sansa Stark
testeottilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-11, 20:14   Link #7502
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicApple View Post
With this, the life of Kumoko had finally come around 1 full circle.

Started her road to Godhood ever since her home was destroyed by humans.... nearly died countless times from the dangerous depths of the Labyrinth, facing off with Kuro and D and now forced to assist in the future of the planet

Kumoko had finally obtained her a "New Home". Completely built to be self sufficient with a sleek UFO design and an army of robots for her to control as servants, she can finally reobtain her NEET life.

D threaten to not let her back on Earth if she escapes from the dying planet without helping?
With her new home, she can just drift around in Outer Space

Currently comes with a live-in maid with superb culinary skills whose sustainability of her soul depends on you, Ariel.
Shiro and Ariel's love boat
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-11, 20:26   Link #7503
Amuris

I'm kinda betting on this becoming a redeeming moment for Shun and Sariel. I would think that Humility lessened the strain put on her soul by her own energy, though draining that energy is now a threat to Ariel's life. If it gets to the point that Humility shuts down and Ariel dies, Shun might be able to revive her. If it turned out that was Sariel's plan all along, it would make for a happy turnaround.
Old 2017-03-12, 05:42   Link #7504
K2Grey

In case the debate is still open, I just came across this use of 一個 as a counter in LN4 chapter 3: ちなみに太陽は一個。
K2Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 06:27   Link #7505
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2Grey View Post
In case the debate is still open, I just came across this use of 一個 as a counter in LN4 chapter 3: ちなみに太陽は一個。
Thanks, that's useful. I asked a Japanese native about it. Not heard a response yet. I thought it was the best way to deal with the problem.
Old 2017-03-12, 07:04   Link #7506
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuris View Post
I'm kinda betting on this becoming a redeeming moment for Shun and Sariel. I would think that Humility lessened the strain put on her soul by her own energy, though draining that energy is now a threat to Ariel's life. If it gets to the point that Humility shuts down and Ariel dies, Shun might be able to revive her. If it turned out that was Sariel's plan all along, it would make for a happy turnaround.
If it indeed happen. That would be nice but I already lose hope on that useless goddess. Since the part where she made Shun the new hero and condemn Ariel the Demon King. I really hate her then and still now with how bullsh*t Shun is. I kinda agree with Shiro when she is kinda annoyed on how easy Shun passed the great labyrinth.
Old 2017-03-12, 10:06   Link #7507
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuris View Post
Shun's case is a weird one. As a character, it would be nice if he gets to actively make some meaningful contribution to the overall story. At the moment, he's mostly been there to give a different perspective and is more of an example of "how not to do things". If not for him becoming the Hero and Potimas infecting his country, neither of which are things he actively did, then his contribution to the overall plot would be minimal. Anyway, so far he's been on the wrong side of the argument (due to ignorance) and for the most part didn't even try to do much (unlike Katia). He needs to reflect on that for sure. Perhaps the best thing he could do would be to use his new-found knowledge and perspective on being wrong to persuade Sariel why she has been wrong all this time.

Regarding the possibility of Shun resurrecting Ariel: I'd be surprised if such a thing happens since Shiro can resurrect the dead as well (or at least, she thinks she can using the System). I guess it would be possible if it occurs when Shiro isn't around and can't come quickly (eg she's in the middle of fighting Kuro or something).

I see Sariel's situation as being completely different. Shun was ignorant but even if he'd tried it would have been almost impossible for him to find the whole truth (though he could have stumbled upon it by accident via Taboo). However, Sariel should be aware of pretty much everything. She's quite an enigma though. We don't know her current situation and we don't know for certain why she's doing certain things or even if she actually did them. So I feel a bit reluctant to attack her for things I can't be certain that she actually did. So for me there is a certain sense of "I'm pretty sure she's wrong but I'm not quite sure how wrong and why" so I'm withholding final judgement.

PS 485 has just come out but I'll just warn you in advance that translations might be slow for the next week or something for various reasons I don't want to talk about. I'll probably be able to get this one done today but I'm not sure about after this.
Old 2017-03-12, 10:26   Link #7508
Breimn

Imotou is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 10:30   Link #7509
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

She..actually got greed? That's kinda unexpected but when thinking about it again, it really fits her character

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 10:46   Link #7510
EvilSociopath323

With imouto-chan getting Greed I wonder who gets Lust. Sophia? Kat.., let's stop here.

P. S. Kumo LN5 is now available for piracy.

Last edited by EvilSociopath323; 2017-03-12 at 11:16.
EvilSociopath323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 11:14   Link #7511
kari-no-sugata II

Finally had a chance to read this...

Heh, so after having a glorious victory, Shiro immediately shifts to "time to overthrow humanity"

It sounds rather more drastic than what she's talked about before... but hmm. Shiro did just confirm that all elves have been exterminated world-wide, except Oka-chan sensei. There's half-elves etc left though.

From the sounds of things, the experiment Potimas was planning is what led to "death by skill deprivation" in Oka-chan's student list. Not that this is a new idea but it seems pretty obvious now. If Oka-chan can confirm this change then it would be final proof.

And Sue: Hahaha, somehow I'm not surprised. Shiro had hoped Sue would develop a Ruler skill... but it's the wrong one!

There's only one Ruler Authority to go. Chastity? Or...?
Old 2017-03-12, 11:20   Link #7512
cabman11

Likely the noble girl gor it
Old 2017-03-12, 11:38   Link #7513
kari-no-sugata II

Which one? I doubt it would be Katia, as we should have seen it in her perspective. Do you mean Felmina...? A bit of a long shot...
Old 2017-03-12, 13:00   Link #7514
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Sounds like the sloppy Shiro to leave 2 authorities unchecked even though she saw the guy bite the bullet.
Katia needs more lust ASASP
Old 2017-03-12, 13:13   Link #7515
kari-no-sugata II

I don't think there's anything Shiro can do to prevent people taking the skills. She already has the authorities, which means that the skill holders can't exercise it. If holding the authority prevented the skill from being taken then Mera wouldn't be able to get Patience.

Anyway, a thought: wouldn't Ronant be a good candidate for Chastity?
Old 2017-03-12, 13:18   Link #7516
Obstendro

something to not forget is that shun is corrupt by kindness so even if he know that killing people will help saving the world since he' s corrupt he will be a hindrance
Obstendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 15:12   Link #7517
kari-no-sugata II

Translation is up for "300 – The end of the battle, and then……"

Spoiler for thoughts:
Old 2017-03-12, 16:01   Link #7518
Amuris

oh great, so much for Shun's redemption as a character/plot device. Well, I guess he'll be a bigger plot device from now on, since imouto now is crazier, pushing harder for him, and now can see with appraisal that Ariel has weakened if she ever finds her.

OH! So that's the big dramatic plot twist! Appraisal-sama's betrayal!
Old 2017-03-12, 16:12   Link #7519
kari-no-sugata II

Can Shun's Divine Protection of Heaven save him from a yandere imouto?

My money's on the imouto...

Last edited by kari-no-sugata II; 2017-03-12 at 16:33.
Old 2017-03-12, 17:37   Link #7520
kari-no-sugata II

The original elf village battle started on the 5th September 2015. Here we are, about 1.5 years later, and it's finally over. So, what did you all think? (about what actually happened rather than what might happen later)

In the end, the only ones who mattered who Shiro, Ariel and Potimas. Everything else was pretty much a side show. ie the first 11 was more of a "phoney war" and the last 11 chapters was "the real deal". However, if Potimas's forces had been weaker, then it wouldn't have been necessary for Shiro to take major action. So from Shiro's point of view, although they won as expected, the information leakage might be costly sometime in the next year, depending on what Kuro does and what abilities he has.

it's going to be interesting to see the perspective of all the other characters. I wonder what Kuro thought as he saw Shiro's "secret weapon"? Nothing special? Oh shit? Of course, he doesn't know what else Shiro has so he might fear that Shiro has even more up her sleeve. I dunno what the other reincarnators saw. Since she has Clairvoyance / Thousand Mile Eye, Sophia probably saw the most. Wrath probably understood more of what was going on than Katia but might not have actually seen much more. I dunno how much time has passed but it wouldn't be surprising for Shun and Oka-chan to be awake by now. They're sure going to be in for a surprise. The other reincarnators wouldn't have seen much.

It's kinda weird: on the one hand, while I'm glad that the story didn't drag out and was focused on the important bits, I was expecting a bit more with Ronant and Oka-chan sensei. Well... that stuff can happen now (or in the next year) so it's okay. It's nice that Ariel got her time in the spotlight. Seeing Shiro finally get serious was worth the wait.

Tags
fantasy, non-human mc, reincarnation