AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-04, 11:37   Link #7561
Awrya
U mad?

Shouldn't be possible, restoration literally restores matter into its previous state, he can't create something out of nothing. If he could, he wouldn't have been labelled as a failure by the Yotsuba in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol.7
Even using my power does not guarantee successful replication.
The reason Sayuri came to Tatsuya was because no matter what state they turned the magatama into, if its within 24 hours Tatsuya could always return it to its previous state, allowing them to try a different approach.
Old 2013-11-04, 11:52   Link #7562
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
I have a really brillant question
If someone had his organs removed without pain (using anestesy for ex) then tat could use regrowth without problem on the pearson that lost the organs, therefore solving the organ donnor problem right? Lol

Btw, If he can identify any eidos, decompose it or restore it, then eventually shouldn t he be able to replicate things (at least objects) eventually?
You misunderstand. He can restore eidos, which means he restores physical states. In your example, the organs that were gone would simply return to their owner. When Tatsuya regenerated his arm, he didn't just regrow it from thin air. The atoms that composed the arm that were vaporized and scattered by Lina's plasma returned to their original positions, making up his arm. If Tatsuya uses Regrowth on a wooden block cut in two, it would just rejoin to form one block.

You know now that I think about it. The gate that magicians possess and Tatsuya's explanation of string theory kinda remind me of how alchemists from FMA draw the energy to perform alchemy from another universe through their gates.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-11-04 at 18:59.
Old 2013-11-04, 21:48   Link #7563
nosaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
You know now that I think about it. The gate that magicians possess and Tatsuya's explanation of string theory kinda remind me of how alchemists from FMA draw the energy to perform alchemy from another universe through their gates.
I think that not even Tats would want to pay "Truth" a visit
Old 2013-11-04, 21:50   Link #7564
blackwhite67
Banned

Just reread chapter 14. So after subduing Lina and confiscatings her toys, which he uses himself, he leaves her behind with practically no mean to get home? That's just cold.
Old 2013-11-04, 22:03   Link #7565
nosaer

Quote:
Just reread chapter 14. So after subduing Lina and confiscatings her toys, which he uses himself, he leaves her behind with practically no mean to get home? That's just cold.
Hey, Tats had some business to take care of with Hayama, and there's no way he could be late to pick up Miyuki. Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing a tats x Mayumi, or Tats x Erika, but Miyuki would completely show her Yandere self and kill everyone if he ever tried to be with someone else. I mean how do you smell like you've fought more than 10 people? She's definitely far to the right on the sexy/crazy scale lol. Luckily for tats, she's pretty far at to the top of it as well...
Old 2013-11-04, 22:05   Link #7566
crim

Quote:
You mean after she tries to kill him/send him to USNA to be a "test subject" he confiscates her stuff and leaves her no easy way to get home sound like she got off pretty easy.
Old 2013-11-04, 22:11   Link #7567
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by crim View Post
You mean after she tries to kill him/send him to USNA to be a "test subject" he confiscates her stuff and leaves her no easy way to get home sound like she got off pretty easy.
He should have taken her home himself and tucked her in. That'll really screw with her mind.
Old 2013-11-05, 00:10   Link #7568
Waxman

He didn't left her in the wood but put her in the camper, and by making her return by foot she didn't bump in the Yotsuba cleaning the american team, and putting them in a ship to be "rescued" latter on.
Old 2013-11-05, 00:58   Link #7569
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
The Elements were the practicioners of magic before the "numbers" were introduced. As a mean to apease the distrust in them they allowed genetist to put in them measures to enhance in them the sence of loyalty.
It is better explained in Vol.11 Chapter 16.
So actually nothing special with her status as elements decendant ?
I thinks they prefer ten master clan bloodline.
Old 2013-11-05, 01:06   Link #7570
Waxman

The thing is that the Elements were reemplaced because their magic was judged obsolete to the 4 sistem/8 tipes of the modern magic that the Numers (Ten Master Clans/ Hundred Families) use.
No Honoka doesn't have a status in magic society because her bloodline, it is only relevant in the sence that what she feel for Tatsuya is more than a simple schoolgirl crush, in that aspect only Miyuki beat her.
Old 2013-11-05, 02:46   Link #7571
waffler

so did tatsuya take brionac away from lina? i think that would be pretty smart to do
Old 2013-11-05, 03:05   Link #7572
Occulus
〜(^∇^〜) (〜^∇^)〜

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
so did tatsuya take brionac away from lina? i think that would be pretty smart to do
Nope, it was mentioned that Lina still had Brionac.

He probably left it there because it was a top secret USNA weapon and it would cause too much trouble for Tastuya if he took it (since the USNA would try to kill him for knowing the secrets of Brionac or something probably)
Old 2013-11-05, 03:25   Link #7573
hakazee

Quote:
The thing is that the Elements were reemplaced because their magic was judged obsolete to the 4 sistem/8 tipes of the modern magic that the Numers (Ten Master Clans/ Hundred Families) use.
No Honoka doesn't have a status in magic society because her bloodline, it is only relevant in the sence that what she feel for Tatsuya is more than a simple schoolgirl crush, in that aspect only Miyuki beat her.
Ah I just read chapter 16.
I pity honoka because of her bloodline.

Hope she can love other guy in the future.
Old 2013-11-05, 03:53   Link #7574
Waxman

In a way its for the best, other guy may take adventage of her due to her bloodline, since Tatsuya knows how it feels not beign master of your own loyalty will never treat badly.
Old 2013-11-05, 05:59   Link #7575
neobosco

hi

someone know if the change in the mind of maya was permanent? i mean, she can't have experiences anymore , only knowledge?
Old 2013-11-05, 06:03   Link #7576
Waxman

As i understand the change only included the stored memories of her 14 years, any new experience would create new emotional memories.
Old 2013-11-05, 07:14   Link #7577
Diocar

Does anyone know what kind of magic tatsuya used to stop parade to change the coordinate information?
I just read it in another forum, and in the ln I only find that due to training he can spot that efectuar of parade, but it is very exausting. It doesn t say what he is doing... Is it some kind of ninjutsu?
Old 2013-11-05, 07:38   Link #7578
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
In a way its for the best, other guy may take adventage of her due to her bloodline, since Tatsuya knows how it feels not beign master of your own loyalty will never treat badly.
Agree, he has never abused her loyalty to make her doing something absurd and against her will.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2013-11-05, 10:22   Link #7579
nosaer

Quote:
As i understand the change only included the stored memories of her 14 years, any new experience would create new emotional memories.
I believe she had all of her emotions changed to knowledge so that she would be able to get over what happened. this wasn't a sealing of her memories, and is similar to Tatsuya's own changes. except she wasn't given a virtual magic area in her brain. Im pretty sure its permanent and ongoing as well.
Old 2013-11-05, 11:07   Link #7580
Waxman

She didn't has her emotions changed to knowledge, she has her memories changed from emotional ones to information.
Tatsuya's case is different, he has the part of the brain in charge of strong urges, likely the limbic sistem reasigned as a new calculation area.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings