Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-08-22, 23:43   Link #741
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Fun, dumb shows are perfectly fine... if that's what intended to be with no strings attached. Charlotte however is intended to be taken seriously, but ends up being unintentionally hilarious at how the events turned out. Aldonoah Zero was the most recent popular big hit series that had the same problem.
But this one isn't a big hit, is it?
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-22, 23:45   Link #742
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
But this one isn't a big hit, is it?
It's Aniplex, it's Key and it has the involvement of a writer that many worship in Jun Maeda. It also had massive hype prior to it airing. If that isn't intended as a big hit I don't know what is.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-22, 23:48   Link #743
HandofFate

the yandere was a bit forced.
But don't get the complaints in this episode with him easing back into a normal life, but still not used to Ayumi gone and everyone being slightly more considerate for him.

Anyway, who voiced Sala?
Old 2015-08-22, 23:50   Link #744
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
It's Aniplex, it's Key and it has the involvement of a writer that many worship in Jun Maeda. It also had massive hype prior to it airing. If that isn't intended as a big hit I don't know what is.
I mean what is reflected now, there are series that are hyped because the staff involved but doesn't meet the expectations at the end, remember sono kuroki hagane?

Even the not so popular Rokka no Yuusha almost doubles the pages of discussion of this series.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 00:10   Link #745
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Anyway, who voiced Sala?
沢城みゆき

10char
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 02:19   Link #746
Botan_TM

Quote:
I mean what is reflected now, there are series that are hyped because the staff involved but doesn't meet the expectations at the end, remember sono kuroki hagane?

Even the not so popular Rokka no Yuusha almost doubles the pages of discussion of this series.
Rokka is completely a bad example. It's a mystery/detective story, so people are burning their brains there trying to figure out culprit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumo View Post
Yep we watched different anime because the MC said "a few days ago my little sister died" when he talks with Sala, so you're completely wrong.
Anybody can confirm it? I have forgot it, or maybe it was lost/messed in translation, no way episode 7 could happen in one week.
Old 2015-08-23, 02:57   Link #747
cyth
Banned

Quote:
That doesn't really matter. Mostly because it's a different show and because thread participants are just circlejerking over the novel at this point. By this token, Charlotte is more popular because it has four times more threads than Rokka on 2channel. And /r/anime's Charlotte episode 7 discussion volume almost doubled every Rokka thread in existence, despite most Charlotte threads having relatively modest numbers.

Low thread volume just means people don't have much to say about the show at certain points. But all that is beside the point.

Pocari just wanted to say the show had all the intentions and resources of becoming big. And we judge it by that merit. The same thing happened when Yamakan said he was going to "save anime" with Fractale. People have immediately raised their expectations. When you have Maeda Jun, a man with a reputation to upkeep, saying he wishes to mend mistakes that happened during Angel Beats! production, obviously people are going to take him up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botan_TM View Post
Anybody can confirm it? I have forgot it, or maybe it was lost/messed in translation, no way episode 7 could happen in one week.
I'm really confused by this as well. He starts the sentence with つい先日, which can translate to "just the other day", "just a few days ago", "only days before". Depending on which translation you take, there are small nuances, but it's hard to stretch it over a period of weeks. It's strange considering Yuu acknowledges he's been absent for a long time (長いこと済まなかった) when he rejoins his classmates. Taking everything into consideration, his emo streak probably lasted for a good week.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 04:29   Link #748
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Ep 8 feels quite weird for me
I thought everything would move to a mystery/action scene after Ayumi's death, but it just turns back to normal school life
I admit seeing Sala is a good development. But the comedy part at early episode feels quite dry considering the emotional scene we got at previous episode

This is probably the first time someone is able to payback Tomori's kindness in unexpected way. I imagined Tomori's sniffing and crying face when she called Yuu in the end

I probably complained about the song in this episode. I'm not watching a music video so please don't spend the slot by putting Yusarin's song and Sala's song
don't expect that song to heal watcher's heart.. we don't watch Charlotte for that
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 05:06   Link #749
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 8:
Good episode though, especially Sala Shane's appearance thanks in part with Miyuki Sawashiro's performance. Speaking of that, I was wonder if Sala Shane is a reincarnated Masami Iwasawa?

Meanwhile, I wonder if Jun Maeda will explore that girl from Ep. 6 after this week's episode?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 08:04   Link #750
Arya

Mmm, mixed feelings about the episode. I can't say it was a good episode from a general point of view, but it is true that I liked and I'm liking Yuu and Nao interactions. And in the end that's what this show seems to be about. And very fine work at the end of the episode by Nao'VA. You can truly feel Nao's emotional state from her words in contrast to her usually way of throwing them out of her mouth.

The contrivance of Sala's encounter coupled with her full willingness didn't surprise me much, sadly this show seems to embrace the episodic formula as one of its standards so this time instead of having the esper of the week we had the singer of the week, but the formula applied it's the same. This time just less nuanced than usual, but considering the outcome I can overlook it.
On a side note I agree with Nao I also never had the urge to know/meet personally the singers I like. Despite how much I may like their music.

About Yusa, personally I'll take her magical spells over her songs any days of the week, I hope they won't waste any more time over songs and video songs

Having said that I have no complaints about Yuu and his aftermath. The dedication he put in bringing Sala to Nao's brother when normally it wouldn't have had any effect on her brother was effective to show how he is still suffering about his loss and how it affected him.
Less with the implied notion that they had to kill her sister to let him see how Nao changed him. Where I'd say that his sister death is what is changing him the most, Nao's merit is having stopped him from losing himself.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 09:59   Link #751
Gundamx

Nao background does not look like hospital gate
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
but sure does like background near MC

Interesting theory was that she was actually following him whole time (after he called her),
But MC can't see her while Sara might though she was just another random passenger.

Quote:
Blind lady doesn't see her, MC can't see her, brother sees her, says her name, stares off into an "empty" space.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 10:03   Link #752
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Yes. For all of her tough girl acts I also believe she did in this episode what she did in the last. She followed him all the way to the hospital. Heck, might have been following him as they spoke on the phone.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 12:59   Link #753
novalysis

So, Nao the broken stalker?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 13:09   Link #754
MCAL

7-8:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
As long as the True route focuses on Yu and Nao (Whose pretty much the only other interesting character in the cast. I actually quite like her in fact), it should be good.
Well there you go. Comedy is still pretty shit though.

EDIT: Okay, I admit. I found Miyuki Sawashiro shouting out "Jesus!" to be pretty hilarious.

Last edited by MCAL; 2015-08-23 at 14:17.
MCAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 14:18   Link #755
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 8

1st half of this episode was basically a condensed version everything I disliked about the earlier episodes, only missing the Esper of Week to top it off.

The 2nd half much more enjoyable mainly thanks Sala who is immediately charming in a way no of character outside now Nao has been to me until now. It's still nowhere the best of season offerings IMO, but it is certainly improving.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 14:52   Link #756
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Forced drama is referring to the yandere coming out of nowhere, effectively leading to Ayumi's death. Personally didn't see that coming, but maybe you can explain the logic you see. All I see is a blatant plot device.
I put this with a disclaimer that I by no means think Charlotte is a master piece of a show by any stretch of the imagination, but I honestly think people get too caught up over the "plot device" nature of this moment.

Yes, in fiction we often have plot devices. Not everything has to be foreshadowed for episodes on end for it to occur in the most organic manner possible. The foreshadowing we got was within the episode itself, there were hints that she had great resentment for his sister. What the scene is more about to me is how if powers are not carefully handled and dealt with, there can be a disastrous aftermath. Yuu did not quite have that sink in before this moment happened.

Do I think we could have arrived to the same conclusion with something better than a jealous girl trying to murder someone over a middle school crush? Sure. However, the plot device is effective at pushing the story forward, and I don't think that's deniable.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 16:24   Link #757
ginger02

I liked this episode. I was worried they would brush over Ayumi's death, but I'm glad Yuu is still struggling with it. I'm still sad over it. I liked Yusarin's song and Sala's too. Music seemed a big part of the 2nd half particularly. I liked how the characters interacted. It felt a bit fast, but enjoyable.

I really liked the wikipedia joke too.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 17:28   Link #758
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

damn, I think this was probably the best episode so far
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 22:34   Link #759
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

It was a great episode. The Engrish was alright. I don't dislike music in Anime in general so it should be good.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-24, 05:29   Link #760
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Nao background does not look like hospital gate
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
but sure does like background near MC

Interesting theory was that she was actually following him whole time (after he called her),
But MC can't see her while Sara might though she was just another random passenger.
mmm, I thought she was giving her shoulders to the Hospital facing the top of that steps. She clearly was not downtown.
I don't think she followed him the whole time, first because I think she really didn't want to rise her hopes about his brother, so better stay away. Second, Sala would have caught her right away, she seems pretty much omniscient despite, or thanks to, her blindness.
If she were around we should note some Sala's actions rewatching the episode.
But I prefer she didn't, that would give Nao a more sensitive light, given how painful it would have been being there. Light that we got only afterward, hearing her voice.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p.a. works, supernatural powers