Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-30, 03:27   Link #741
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
The remaining 7% was probably mean how much "sanity" left for her to live before her body cells becoming abnormal and thus turning into a monster.

Once Enju become a Gastrea and die at the end, all of the fans who love Enju will cry hysterically in agony. Really, such as cute loli is meeting her doomed fate is just too cruel. Why he do this to her and Rentaro?! D:

Even I began to love her too. But it will be heartbreaking to see her gone.
even though I ship Kisara X Rentarou.... I would hate if Enju can't meet a happy end
She's a perfect imouto
It would be worse if the finale would be Enju become a Level 5 Gastrea and Rentarou would be forced to kill her
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 03:33   Link #742
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I truly doubt that they are going to kill off their one selling point for otaku.
Not quite. If you consider how dark this series is, in the source at least, they keep reminding everyone about Enju's condition. Things don't look good for Enju at all. Also, from what I see of the source, it's much more serious and philosophical and does not seem to be the typical material that is used to get as many otakus into it as possible so the author is probably not afraid of killing off a favorite character or two.

And yes, I support the Kisara x Rentarou but DEFINITELY Enju is an awesome loli so it would be awesome if she has a great and happy ending. She deserved a lot of good things.

Also, the part with Enju crying over Rentarou... while it was still sad here, I think that manga made it more impactful. Either way, sad Enju is not good. Enju must always be happy!
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 03:36   Link #743
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
even though I ship Kisara X Rentarou.... I would hate if Enju can't meet a happy end
She's a perfect imouto
It would be worse if the finale would be Enju become a Level 5 Gastrea and Rentarou would be forced to kill her
Ever since I saw that tricycle in the case, I have a seriously bad feeling it might happen.

A tricycle is clearly a belonging or a memento of a human child, which for some reason or another seems to be the trigger to awaken a level 5. And there exists the cursed children who turn into that once their corrosion rate > 50%...
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 04:48   Link #744
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Ever since I saw that tricycle in the case, I have a seriously bad feeling it might happen.

A tricycle is clearly a belonging or a memento of a human child, which for some reason or another seems to be the trigger to awaken a level 5. And there exists the cursed children who turn into that once their corrosion rate > 50%...
That means that level 5 Gastrea might be a cursed child?! O.O
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 04:51   Link #745
Esclair

Like others have already said, this episode was beyond rushed. I'm probably just going to watch only for the Enju scenes and just stick with the manga.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 05:43   Link #746
Biohazardous

I have only seen anime and I also was like thats it when the main villian died. I am scared for Enju I really like her. I'm hoping that for what ever reason she will be an exception and wont turn at 50%. 7% dont sound like much and she prob could burn that up in a nice long battle or 2. As much as I hope she is an exception base on her love for him I have a feeling she will hit the 50% saving him. Something will happen where she feels she has no choice but save him and will turn after thus leaving him to kill her.
Biohazardous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 06:04   Link #747
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
On the subject of Enju, is there a way to stop the corrosion? 42% is so alarming...
Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Not quite. If you consider how dark this series is, in the source at least, they keep reminding everyone about Enju's condition. Things don't look good for Enju at all. Also, from what I see of the source, it's much more serious and philosophical and does not seem to be the typical material that is used to get as many otakus into it as possible so the author is probably not afraid of killing off a favorite character or two.
Funny you mentioned it, Black Bullet was supposedly somewhat inspired by Gen Urobuchi's works and the author of Black Bullet happens to be a huge fan of Gen Urobuchi's and nitro+ works. Heck, the author originally wanted Rentaro to have a personality similar to Emiya before he ditched that idea stating that it wouldn't fit into the setting he's writing in. Thus being said, the similarities between Black Bullet and Urobuch's works are there as utilitarianism is one of the major philosophical themes in those works (except Black Bullet looks into utilitarianism from an existentialist point of view).
Anime junkie, video gamer, English dub fan, loli lover, and a Tv Tropes sumo. Trope pages created by me: Black Bullet, Erica Mendez, Christine Marie Cabanos, Bang Zoom Entertainment, Clint Bickham, David Wald, Studiopolis, Corey Hartzog, NYAV Post, Max Mittelman, Brianna Knickerbocker, Scott Gibbs, Faye Mata.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 07:03   Link #748
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
about the numbers i dont understood a thing:
enju is on 42% big number

but what was the other number the 7% near body destruction?? is from her or is from him??? this means who he can die first than her???? i really get confuse with that 2 numbers?? if is from her thant 7% remain this means who her body can start to decay before she start to mutate to a monster????.
Well, when corrosion reach 50%, cursed child turn into gastrea. 50-42=8, but it was slightly more than 42 so it's 7 and bit.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 08:22   Link #749
askara

i seriously doubt Enju will die but probably will turn into a Gatrea and(or) disappear for a few year and then return with 2 huge melon
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 09:47   Link #750
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

You guys should bring this discussion to the LN thread. Everything is still the same according to it.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 09:58   Link #751
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post

Not to mention the fact that at the end of the episode, Rentaro pulls out the little bracelet thing that Enju bought for him.

If anything, THAT would be the trigger if something like this were correct. Enju!!!
Old 2014-04-30, 11:51   Link #752
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I wonder what if a Cursed Child has a corrosion rate of 100% which was grown at a alarming rate, has a chance of becoming a Stage Five Gastrea?

Sounds rediculous, but I have a hunch that Kohina might be next.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 14:32   Link #753
ookamigirl

Satomi vs the masked man!
Seems like Satomi has been through a lot in the past.
His limbs do look kinda cool though.
That fight was a bit too much for him.
Using the last resort was risky, but worth it.
It sure was an awesome fight!
Guess there're always some other battles to fight.
There are a lot of questions about Gastrea too..
That still remains a mystery.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 15:54   Link #754
Rogue66

An ok episode, knew that Rentaro was not normal since the last episode seem i was right. In all the episode was good but it does seem rushed like everyone else is saying but that doest matter i just move on to the manga and light novel later when the series finished to see what they missed out. In all lot if anime series adaptation are never done well that why i prefer to read the source materiel later when the anime done to see what been missed out.
Rogue66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 16:33   Link #755
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

I'm only watching Soredemo and Black Bullet this season. It's not that I'm fascinated with the subject matter of this anime (or many other in recent years) but maybe I'm still watching this because of Enju-chan. From the latest episode, it implies that a cursed child was provoked to become level 5 superbug. To add insult to injury, they showed Enju's bugginess getting worse. In other words, Enju may turn into a superbug before passing the loli stage to become Rentarou's lover. In the worst scenario, a death match between my OTP will happen.

So at this point my ship has the high possibility of sinking before my eyeballs. But I've decided that:

I will go down with this ship.
I won't put my hands up and surrender. There won't be a white flag above my door. They're in love and always will be.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 20:19   Link #756
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

To all people new to this show, despite the source novel not translated into English (there is Chinese if you can understand it), I recommend go see the visuals within it. The source visuals really transfer a sense of despair and hope, most of all they are epic.

Examples

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3015652411

The three pictures on top
Ap1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 07:26   Link #757
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

regardless of pacing and other complaints posed, on a positive note, black bullet is on of the most interesting shows this season, i would still continue to watch it. most of the shows this season are not interesting, with each having their own flaws #mahouka is boring etc,

its time to get used to it. hopefully we get something better in the coming episodes

EDIT: regarding corrosion rates of the cursed children.
is there an organization or group dedicated to finding cure against this virus? evn so what happened to WHO?
Old 2014-05-01, 08:43   Link #758
Forever
Revealing the truth

I suspect most likely cursed children that becomes into gastrea still retain their sanity just that they lose their form. That lvl5 still remembers her tricycle...
Old 2014-05-01, 10:25   Link #759
Tenzen12

Having remants of memory and fixation on it doesn't mean same thing as still having own mind and even if we assume Lv.5 were humans former is more likely.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 10:34   Link #760
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Having remants of memory and fixation on it doesn't mean same thing as still having own mind and even if we assume Lv.5 were humans former is more likely.
I agree. Level 5 was prob a human child who just wanted her tricycle back. It also means that level 5 was prob a government experiment that got loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaizer View Post
regardless of pacing and other complaints posed, on a positive note, black bullet is on of the most interesting shows this season, i would still continue to watch it. most of the shows this season are not interesting, with each having their own flaws #mahouka is boring etc,

its time to get used to it. hopefully we get something better in the coming episodes

EDIT: regarding corrosion rates of the cursed children.
is there an organization or group dedicated to finding cure against this virus? evn so what happened to WHO?
It's probably like treating HIV. With more money, comes more access to better drugs. If the Cursed Child has access to more/better drugs, the Cursed Child lives longer. To get access, you have to rise as a pair in the ranks of the system like what was implied in the last episode. Basically, the government is selecting out the talent. Right now they have the optimum unit of one cyborg-Cursed Child pair still in operation since they lost the last one. They may have more depending on what the author has in store.

Tags
action, fantasy, grimdark, loli, post, seinen