Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-05-07, 20:00   Link #741
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I'll second that call... Without a doubt i do think i can say that the orginal FF tactics was the best FF game i've played... the game really does not get as much attention as it deserves. I'm guessing it doesn't get much credit because it's not a "numbered" FF and thus more easily forgotten
Nope, SquareSoft fucked up and released the game right after Final Fantasy 7. Everyone was still fap mode with that, and the title was looked over. Such a pity, the game is a lot better than FF7.

as promised heres some scans from the Last Remnant
http://www.jeux-france.com/blog153957_Blakguy

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-05-07 at 20:24.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 20:32   Link #742
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
Nope, SquareSoft fucked up and released the game right after Final Fantasy 7. Everyone was still fap mode with that, and the title was looked over. Such a pity, the game is a lot better than FF7.
I guess there is truth in that... normally there is atleast a year or so between each game, so the hype of the last game can die down some... The hype around FF7 was very strong and FFtatctics was released only a half a year later, while the hype was still fresh... had it waited a year or two it might have not gotten over shadowed...

Still, i think the fact that it wasn't a numbered FF may have played some role... i mean, looking up the finalfantasy games on Wiki for instance only lists the numbered FF games as being the "main series", where as everything else is a spin-off or sequel... which is very wrong since at FFtactics was made before the whole Ivalice Alliance thing and was completely independdent from all the other ff games... by all means, it should be considering a main FF title, but it's not... aside from the FFVII hype, i think it might have also caused it to be a bit more ignored... i think it would have gotten more attention had it been named FFVIII
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 20:42   Link #743
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Still, i think the fact that it wasn't a numbered FF may have played some role... i mean, looking up the finalfantasy games on Wiki for instance only lists the numbered FF games as being the "main series", where as everything else is a spin-off or sequel... which is very wrong since at FFtactics was made before the whole Ivalice Alliance thing and was completely independdent from all the other ff games... by all means, it should be considering a main FF title, but it's not... aside from the FFVII hype, i think it might have also caused it to be a bit more ignored... i think it would have gotten more attention had it been named FFVIII
That is also true. Lord knows it would have been better than the real FFVIII. I know a lot of people that have no idea what Final Fantasy Tactics is, or even bother to give the game a play through before they already rule the game out. Such a shame, really.

People keep faping over a Final Fantasy 7 remake, but man, an Final Fantasy Tactics remake for the PS3, like GhOsTeDgE suggested, would be the end for me. Can't wait till FF:T the Lion War is released over here in the US.
Old 2007-05-07, 20:52   Link #744
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Don't get me wrong I like tactic games but it couldn't be compare to the variety that 7 offered.
Pistols at dawn!

Do you need me to bring the pistols, or do you have your own?
Old 2007-05-07, 21:06   Link #745
Lebron
I hear voices

lol, I realized that, which is why I was mostly kidding :P

Final Fantasy has like what, 30+ games, it's crazy to think everyone will like the same game. People will have their favorites, and their least favorite.

since we're talking about Tactics, why did the game artists forget to draw them noses?
I never had a problem with it like some people did, just found it funny.

Nice Eye of Judgment video,
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=61892
I don't think I've posted this before at this site

and Some New Dirt videos(rivals Motorstorm now?)
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/8...36/vids_1.html

also2, how's the Linux support for the PS3? I haven't heard any real mentions of it lately. Any stable builds out yet?

*just trying to get this thread fired up again :P*

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-05-07 at 21:53.
Old 2007-05-07, 22:40   Link #746
GhOsTeDgE

That Eye of Judgement has so much potential. I wondering if it can be used with tabletop games too, like Warhammer/Warhammer40k. That would be awesome.

On the Linux topic, I think you can install any distro compiled for PPC, although I haven't tried it myself so don't hold me on that. =P
GhOsTeDgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 23:00   Link #747
Slayerx

Quote:
People keep faping over a Final Fantasy 7 remake, but man, an Final Fantasy Tactics remake for the PS3, like GhOsTeDgE suggested, would be the end for me. Can't wait till FF:T the Lion War is released over here in the US.
Ya, shame such a true remake would never happen... remakes rely on fanboyism to really push the market and make a profit. The following behind FFTactics is too weak to make a profit from an expensive PS3 remake...

Y'know, i kinda of wondered why Square has yet to go and make a remake of FFVII... i mean, god knows it would sell. Though after thinking about it, it's probably because at this time it would be too expensive to make a PS3 remake... Fanboyism can only do so much to push the remake, probably not enough to cover the costs to make the game... a PS3 remake probably will some day come, but only when it becomes cheaper to make such games like 5-10 years from now... however, i would imagine a PS2 remake would be possible now... though for PS2, i would rather see a FFVI remake (if not FFTactics)

When it comes with remakes, i think the graphic increase should be a two generation jump for a proper remake (1 generation is usually too low, and 3 generations is asking for too much)... like how FFIII went from NES level graphics to something like PS1 level (on the DS)... it really does annoy me that the majority of remakes make only a very slight increase in graphics; really, such slight changes are not worth buying a remake...

Quote:
You really can't compare the two, one is an rpg and the other is a tactic. But if I had to choose I'd rather play 7 again over tactic. There's more humor and enjoyment besides moving pieces and switching out members. Although I haven't finish tactic cause I was playing Hoshigami (another tactic game) at the same time.
Well, you can't compare them in a gameplay sence... but you could still compare them in terms of story, character and what-not...

Frankly, though it's been a long time since i played FFVII, i think tactics had stronger story and such
Quote:
(You don't bring a pistol to a war Lebron.)
So rocket launchers then? eh, not classic enough
Quote:
since we're talking about Tactics, why did the game artists forget to draw them noses?
I never had a problem with it like some people did, just found it funny.
the same reason an artist does most anything... just a style choice
Not sure why people really find it so strange...
I like the style to an extent, thing that gets to me though is that it doesn't leave itself upon to as wide a variation as some other styles would... characters look a bit too much alike imo...

Quote:
That Eye of Judgement has so much potential. I wondering if it can be used with tabletop games too, like Warhammer/Warhammer40k. That would be awesome.
I can agree with that... it may take awhile but that Eye toy of there's has some hope...
Man, they could really make a killing if they could figure out a way to make the eye reconize and play the current trading card games, like Magic and Yu-gi-oh... if they could, they would almost instatly get a market

the table tops would be very cool aswell, especially if they could reconize current piece and turn them 3d and such... I can imagine them though making a new tabletop like game, but instead of the normal pieces, they just have little discs which, like the judgement cards, the eye reconizes and brings to life in the game

And if the thing can reconize human hand movement (or maybe atleast a stylus), i can imagine those dog games coming out, like the ones for the DS... i don't understand the hype, but hey i think some poeple would have fun with that...

Not too sure on how the whole thing works since i haven't look deeply into it, but there may be potential there... they will really need to start making a whole mess of games for it though... if not it will just die out as a fad
Old 2007-05-08, 00:13   Link #748
Slayerx

Quote:
Oh, I thought we were comparing gameplay...

I can't comment on the story and characters of tactic because I've never finished it. I've finished every FF game except for tactic and XII... and XI (never even touch XI).
Well sounded like we were talking about the games in general, and not in any one aspect... so you can compare most anything about the games, be it gameplay or story... Personally, when it comes to RPG's i usually value the story over the game play... honestly, it's usually the story that keeps me moving, not the gameplay...

I think FFXII was one of the few exceptions i made for that... I did really like how the gameplay worked in that (though it was a bit too loose on the need to use magic other than healing); thinking about it, i may just like action more than turnbased comabt (except in tactic like games)... By comparison the story was rather weak; it was decent, but there was room for some serious improvment...

Oddly enough though, looking up on IMDB, apperently FFTactics and FFXII were written by the same guy... The Tactics story is much stronger though... though my guess with the difference may not be because of the writer but because of the director... the writer for FFT was also the director, thus giving the writer a lot of control, where as FFXII had a different Director and thus the writer was a bit more limited... not sure about all that though
Old 2007-05-08, 00:59   Link #749
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
Well sounded like we were talking about the games in general, and not in any one aspect... so you can compare most anything about the games, be it gameplay or story... Personally, when it comes to RPG's i usually value the story over the game play... honestly, it's usually the story that keeps me moving, not the gameplay...

I think FFXII was one of the few exceptions i made for that... I did really like how the gameplay worked in that (though it was a bit too loose on the need to use magic other than healing); thinking about it, i may just like action more than turnbased comabt (except in tactic like games)... By comparison the story was rather weak; it was decent, but there was room for some serious improvment...

Oddly enough though, looking up on IMDB, apperently FFTactics and FFXII were written by the same guy... The Tactics story is much stronger though... though my guess with the difference may not be because of the writer but because of the director... the writer for FFT was also the director, thus giving the writer a lot of control, where as FFXII had a different Director and thus the writer was a bit more limited... not sure about all that though
Remember one thing about FFTactics

It is just a Warm up for the real game....Orge Battle
Old 2007-05-08, 06:02   Link #750
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Actually, I'd think out of all the sRPG games released on the PSone, FFT had to be the most overrated. Don't get me wrong; I love FFT over all the Final Fantasies (except 3 and 9) but some people just over-exaggerate it. It's good; but it's not the definite best out of the bunch of sRPGs for the PSone. I would think FFT gained its status due to it being the first sRPG for most people at the time (quite similar to the case with Disgaea for the PS2)

Also, another point that helped in FFT being overshadowed is its because it's tactics. Many want something simple like pressing (taping down) the X button for attacking. Apparently, they don't want to be bothered by actually moving characters in range before before attacking (first hand expience with my sister, who has played other PC SRPG but didn't like FFT cos' she has played FF7)
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 06:36   Link #751
kujoe
from head to heel

Personally, I'd rate FFT right up there with the likes of Dragon Force and Ogre Battle 64 in my personal top sRPG list. I don't like Tactics Ogre that much, which is odd, and Disgaea 1 and 2 are too much of a numbers game that are more suited for power gamers.

I'm pretty much still waiting for a real FFTII to be released one day. And no, while FFTA is a good game in its own right, it doesn't count nor was it meant to be a sequel to the original game, indirectly or otherwise. The PSP remake sounds good, but I want an upgrade for this current generation, dammit.

On another note, it still pains me to this day that FM5, Dragon Force 2 and the Dragon Force remake for the PS2 are only available as imports. (Good luck if you even plan on searching for the latter said titles.) It's sad, but sRPGs seem to be in a decline nowadays. At least Nintendo still churns out a Fire Emblem once in a while, but that's hardly a must-buy game in my opinion.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 06:59   Link #752
Shuji-kun

Send a message via AIM to Shuji-kun Send a message via MSN to Shuji-kun
Sorry, since this thread is like 44 pages long, forgive me for not reading all the posts XD

My feelings on the PS3 are I, personally, feel sorry for the PS3. I mean, this is a console with great potential. I’m an old school Nintendo and Sega fanboy, so I’m trying not to be biased. PS3 has some great power, it’s just I think it’s too great for what everybody is wanting. PS3 would be a great next NEXT gen console, though. The price is what puts everybody off the system, and I think the technology is too raw for the normal consumer. They rushed to really get the console out and it just resulted in a lot of bugs and just a really unattractive feeling.

I fear PS3 is the next Dreamcast. A system that’s gonna be awesome in 5 years after Playstation has sold off all it’s rights and are making third-party software and hardware for Nintendo.

Hope I didn’t step over anybody’s post Sorry.
Shuji-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 09:04   Link #753
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuji-kun View Post

I fear PS3 is the next Dreamcast. A system that’s gonna be awesome in 5 years after Playstation has sold off all it’s rights and are making third-party software and hardware for Nintendo.
lol, that will never happen :P

Quote:
The PSP remake sounds good, but I want an upgrade for this current generation, dammit.
Don't we all
Old 2007-05-08, 09:09   Link #754
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuji-kun View Post
A idea just hit me, ill call sony and tell them to name the PS3v2 the Dreamstation3 or Playcast3.
Ah, I always come up with these wonderful ideas .
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 09:50   Link #755
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Ok... who unloaded the Wii Wagon here? *kick Theclow back into the wagon*
Ow..Actually I'm not a wii fanboy(or 360 for that matter, I'm a PC fanboy ), and you know good and well I hate the PS3 because they butchered warhawk.(Yet, I bought one T_T)
Anyway, what was the topic before I butchered the PS3 topic....again.
Oh yea. *thinks of a good thing to say about the PS3*

I think if the PS3 CAN STOP KILLING THEIR MAJOR TITLES, they will do fine.(Caps :P)

Last edited by Theclow; 2007-05-08 at 09:51. Reason: BECAUSE YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH CAPS!
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 11:24   Link #756
Lebron
I hear voices

KH hasn't been confirmed for PS3, for all we know it could end up on the Wii. Dragon Quest 9 all over again.

They already said the next KH game will be on a handheld. So a console version is a ways off I would assume.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=163357

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-05-08 at 11:43.
Old 2007-05-08, 11:41   Link #757
kujoe
from head to heel

I would never compare the PS3 to the Dreamcast. Doing so makes me sound as if I haven't even touched a Dreamcast in the first place.

If I ever have to compare the PS3 with a Sega console, it would have to be the Sega Saturn... Take note; however, the Saturn does have a few must have greats that some people are willing to lose a limb for. Currently, the same situation can be found in any reasoning behind a PS3 purchase. But only time will tell if the PS3 ends with a similar fate.

On the other hand, while the Gamecube is more successful than the Dreamcast, I do find it to be quite comparable to it. It's like the little fun console that could but didn't do well "enough."
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 11:47   Link #758
Lebron
I hear voices

Also, since Final Fantasy is the current topic kind of still,

SE announced a new Final Fantasy title:
Final Fantasy Dissidia for the PSP, sounds like a new Ehrgeiz

- Final Fantasy series characters battle on a 3D field. The genre is fighting competition action (?).
- The gods Cosmos and Chaos called on the heroes of light and dark
- Warrior of light from FF1, Zidane from FF9 will participate
- Garland and Kuja are also confirmed
- Character designs by Nomura.
Old 2007-05-08, 14:18   Link #759
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
1080p battle scenes wouldn't hurt =P
For crying out loud, peopl, stop demanding 1080p/1080i graphics! You're not going to see the fricking difference between that and 720p!
Quote:
On another note, it still pains me to this day that FM5, Dragon Force 2 and the Dragon Force remake for the PS2 are only available as imports.
What's FM5? Do you mean FE5 = Fire Emblem 5?

Dragon Force 2 isn't as good as the first game.
Quote:
You couldn't be more wrong. The Dreamcast was great since the beginning. It had great games since the start, and got a lot of great games afterwards too. It had a good price.
Old 2007-05-08, 14:25   Link #760
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
FF 1 and 2 coming to the psp in June. Talking about riding on Final Fantasy, this is like the most truckload of FF there ever was. Probably cause of their 20th anniversary celebration.
and FF4 coming to the DS it seems too :P

Edit: Actually, nothing has been officially confirmed by Square(or the Blogs with a good track record). So, I guess we have to wait till this weekend when the SE party starts to know if these announcements are true.
Quote:
The Dreamcast was great since the beginning. It had great games since the start, and got a lot of great games afterwards too. It had a good price.
and yet it still died

Spoiler:

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-05-08 at 14:58.

Tags
console, ps3, sony