Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2014-12-08, 02:41   Link #7601
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
@ Risingstar : Sorry to say this, but small sample size generally means bad results. As for your question, why don't you aggregate over each of your 20 samples and compare them with each other, instead of trying to use your estimate of one person to estimate 300 million. you probably won't get a good result with only 20 data points though.
Because it was just an example, the actual thing is a bit more complicated.

First with the data points. Because the experiments are difficult and expensive to run, with time constraint, and it's not that high in priority. Like to get 20 data points, it will take me a full 1 week working over time and such. And i need 9 of them in different categories. And it's not even a main beef in the 6 month plan Only could do the best i can/ paid for, man. Not like i could spend a year working on one tiny tiny bit of the project to make sure the value is absolutely, absolutely correct.

Even the experiment is difficult to describe. As it actually look at the change overtime rather than a stand-alone points. So let just scrap the video games example, think of it as something like weight loss. We want to know how much weight loss every week due to jogging an hour a day. The problem is: if you lose 1 kg (or pound) per week and it's already fairly significant. But your body weight can fluctuate by a kg even without doing anything. So we will see the weight change to be something like 1+/-1 kg easily. So will have to look over time to make sure it's a trend rather than 1 off occasions

And then for some stupid reason we will want to know how much total weight the whole American population will lose if they jog every day for a month. And for some stupid reason, everyone weight loss is fairly similar, and will not slow down and should be fairly constant over the month.....Like yeah can't think of a better example
Old 2014-12-11, 16:01   Link #7602
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
How should I read Dangan ronpa? I am normally an action guy, not mystery solving guy.
Old 2014-12-14, 11:10   Link #7603
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Is the plan to split manga from light novels and have separate forums still a thing?
Old 2014-12-14, 20:44   Link #7604
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Is the plan to split manga from light novels and have separate forums still a thing?
Yes it is still planned afaik anyways, but will take some time honestly to happen due to some series sharing threads, and generally sorting thru it all.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 12:23   Link #7605
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Yes it is still planned afaik anyways, but will take some time honestly to happen due to some series sharing threads, and generally sorting thru it all.
hmm, what if the old thread that mixed both LN and manga will sent to an archived or retired thread so that the old comments can still be seen.

That will surely be alot of jobs... anyway also interested on that update so thanks for the info.
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-12-18, 15:23   Link #7606
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
How should I read Dangan ronpa? I am normally an action guy, not mystery solving guy.
From start to finish. The enjoyment in reading a mystery is to try to solve it as you read along and also to see if the explanation they give makes some sense.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2014-12-20 at 00:17.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 16:29   Link #7607
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
From start to finish. The enjoyment in reading a mystery is to try to solve it as you read along and also to see if the explanation they give makes some sense.
I see. Still, I do like me some action though as I am an emotional fellow as opposed to a logical one.
Old 2014-12-19, 07:47   Link #7608
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I simply can't resist if a kid asking for food (include snacks). Is it normal?

Like if i see a kid (especially if she looks hungry) disappointed without being given one, my heart will bleed out. Like her disappointed face and the desperated body language will haunt me for days
Old 2014-12-23, 17:37   Link #7609
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

When did Kyoto Animation start publishing its own light novels and does anyone have a comprehensive list of titles published by Kyoani (Or know where I can obtain that information)?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-23, 21:06   Link #7610
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
When did Kyoto Animation start publishing its own light novels and does anyone have a comprehensive list of titles published by Kyoani (Or know where I can obtain that information)?
afaik it started in 2011 with Chuunibyou's novels.

As far as list of them I believe they've only done it for series that they've done which otherwise would be original anime series. I am not aware of any others, nor could I find anything on such novels.
  • Tamako Market
  • Tamako Love Story
  • Kyoukai no Kanata
  • High☆Speed! (Free)
  • Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 12:53   Link #7611
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I see. Thanks for the info.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 13:41   Link #7612
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Just adding some info at Kona's post even though it's kinda late..

anyway KA bunko aka KA esma bunko all started back in 2011 (publishing) but it really started in 2009 at the first kyoto animation award.

On 2010 the winners were announced and if I'm not mistaken Chuunibyou and Coppelia were one of the winners back then.

2011, 3 books were published, Yuuyake, Coppelia and Chuunibyou

2012, 1 book was published,
Kyoukai No Kanata

2013 onwards..
Tamako Market, Myriad Colors of Phantom World and High Speed(Free) were published
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2015-01-06, 15:22   Link #7613
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Is that George Takei doing this ad?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-01-06, 16:05   Link #7614
monster

It sounds like him.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-27, 07:00   Link #7615
HasuMasu
*Artist

I refreshed Windows 8, but now, the volume's base power-level seems to have gone down...by a lot. 30 now sounds a lot like what 1 or 2 used to sound like.

What's going on?
Old 2015-01-27, 07:09   Link #7616
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasuMasu View Post
I refreshed Windows 8, but now, the volume's base power-level seems to have gone down...by a lot. 30 now sounds a lot like what 1 or 2 used to sound like.

What's going on?
You sure you're hearing that through the speaker and not through a headset nearby? That's what happened to me. I had to recalibrate to make it so both my headset and speaker can independently stream audio. It was on 7 though.
Old 2015-01-27, 07:42   Link #7617
HasuMasu
*Artist

Oh no I only use the laptop's speakers anyway.
Old 2015-01-27, 17:39   Link #7618
Wanderer of Suzaku

I know it's kind of random and stuff but is there a thread where one can rant or criticize anime, like if you watch a really bad series and you just want to rant about it? I hope I am not being inappropriate in anyway or that this question is not out of place
Wanderer of Suzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-27, 17:48   Link #7619
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer of Suzaku View Post
I know it's kind of random and stuff but is there a thread where one can rant or criticize anime, like if you watch a really bad series and you just want to rant about it? I hope I am not being inappropriate in anyway or that this question is not out of place
Well, as long as you're being civil I'm pretty sure you can go into that particular anime thread and explain why you are disliking it so much (or the general discussion thread for shows with subforums).
Old 2015-01-27, 18:10   Link #7620
Wanderer of Suzaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Well, as long as you're being civil I'm pretty sure you can go into that particular anime thread and explain why you are disliking it so much (or the general discussion thread for shows with subforums).
Thank you for answering my question I'll look up the thread for the anime in question then
Wanderer of Suzaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious