rickiminato

When are release the volumen 14?
Old 2015-02-21, 20:10   Link #7682
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
When are release the volumen 14?
nobody knows and that wont change until otherwise noted

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 21:42   Link #7683
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonKing0117 View Post
Given that the fan translators of the series as well as the official ones that did the anime all refer to it as Calamity Queen, it's probably a given that it's Calamity Queen. Regardless of how you feel, if that's the proper term, especially according to the official anime translators that get paid for the job, then there's nothing you can do about it.
I wasn't looking for a smart ass, but a personal opinion.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 22:02   Link #7684
Cthaeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Hey you guys, can you make sense out of this.
I would assume it's an error in the translation; I read that volume recently, and scratched my head at that line myself (before concluding it was an error). Errors can happen in any translation, but if you read on the BT page, you'll also notice that chapter has "TLC needed" next to it (TLC = translator check), implying there may be more errors than average there.

My guess for the line was it was saying the family had produced many Queens (not necessarily the current one), but you'd need someone with JP skills and the book to actually know for sure.

Last edited by Cthaeh; 2015-02-21 at 22:24.
Cthaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 22:30   Link #7685
zzhk
Summary Machine

カラミティ・クイーン(Calamity Queen) isn't really up for debate unless you disagree with the author's choice of words.

It's mentioned several times that many Fire Queens hailed from the House of Elstein, so pretty much what Cthaeh said. The Japanese language is often vague on singular and plurals, so it's conceivable that the translator made the wrong choice out of context.

Similarly, there are actually many places where it's unclear whether the text is referring to one particular Elemental Lord or all five as a group.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 22:41   Link #7686
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
カラミティ・クイーン(Calamity Queen) isn't really up for debate unless you disagree with the author's choice of words.

It's mentioned several times that many Fire Queens hailed from the House of Elstein, so pretty much what Cthaeh said. The Japanese language is often vague on singular and plurals, so it's conceivable that the translator made the wrong choice out of context.

Similarly, there are actually many places where it's unclear whether the text is referring to one particular Elemental Lord or all five as a group.
*sigh* Would people try to understand what I mean, all I am asking if it sounds cool/better, I'm not disagreeing with the Title. I don't give a flying fuck if you think it's not really up for debate, I'm asking for opinions on which sounds better so, I did so.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2015-02-21, 23:07   Link #7687
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
*sigh* Would people try to understand what I mean, all I am asking if it sounds cool/better, I'm not disagreeing with the Title. I don't give a flying fuck if you think it's not really up for debate, I'm asking for opinions on which sounds better so, I did so.
The problem is what sounds better is relatively irrelevant (if it was Blade Dance of the Elementars would never have been the title) so your question makes you sound naive and foolish which is what everyone else has suggested.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2015-02-21, 23:11   Link #7688
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Here my opinion then: <<Cataclysm Queen>> sounds horrible. The only impact it brings is that of how awkward it sounds as a title. <<Calamity Queen>> already brings all the impact it could as Rubia's title, I don't see what's the problem with it....

PS: And like @ImperialFlameGod8190 said, it's pretty irrelevant. I don't see what would be the point of discussing it.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 23:26   Link #7689
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

<<Calamity Queen>> also rolls off the tongue better than <<Cataclysm Queen>>
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-22, 00:16   Link #7690
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:

First, the opinion: Calamity Queen sounds a lot better than Cataclysm Queen, because as other have said, it rolls off the tongue better. Also, pretty much every user here is already used to calling her the Calamity Queen in the first place.

However. the other point they're trying to make is that Calamity Queen is Word of God, so to speak- I'm not sure why you'd want to change that, especially since Cataclysm Queen doesn't sound as cool as Calamity Queen anyways.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-22, 12:15   Link #7691
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

So Luminaris, Good or Bad in the long run do you guys think?
Is she just merely being loyal to <Des Essentes> or being toyed with?
What do you guys think or do you have anything else to add?

At least as much info we do have since V14 isn't here, yet.

Old 2015-02-22, 12:58   Link #7692
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
So Luminaris, Good or Bad in the long run do you guys think?
Is she just merely being loyal to <Des Essentes> or being toyed with?
What do you guys think or do you have anything else to add?

At least as much info we do have since V14 isn't here, yet.
Well i'm gonna say good. Luminaris is kind of like leonora Lancaster in this regards. A good knight whose fueled by her mission and that being said Des essentes is toying with her. once she realizes the true Nature of Des essentes i think thats when she'll switch sides. The wild card with her is how similar to Ellis's sister will she be given that its inevitable that she learns Kamito's TRUE identity.

Old 2015-02-22, 13:13   Link #7693
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Well i'm gonna say good. Luminaris is kind of like leonora Lancaster in this regards. A good knight whose fueled by her mission and that being said Des essentes is toying with her. once she realizes the true Nature of Des essentes i think thats when she'll switch sides. The wild card with her is how similar to Ellis's sister will she be given that its inevitable that she learns Kamito's TRUE identity.

hehe, That's something I'd like to see, Claire's was like nothing so that was disappointing, at least to me.

I'm hoping her to go good myself.

Old 2015-02-22, 14:08   Link #7694
The Green One

Somehow I want to see Restia die for real in the next volume after all that long buildup to the novel release just to see the Restia fanboy's screams of despair. Yes I know, I'm terrible.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-22, 14:56   Link #7695
Shidou

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Somehow I want to see Restia die for real in the next volume after all that long buildup to the novel release just to see the Restia fanboy's screams of despair. Yes I know, I'm terrible.

It's not a bad idea, it will be good if she die and the MC become again like he was when he was an assassin !
Shidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-22, 19:13   Link #7696
Weather
Wonder Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidou View Post
It's not a bad idea, it will be good if she die and the MC become again like he was when he was an assassin !
Another Volume 12? As hilarious that was, once was enough.

Respect the Earth! If not... Who knows? You might get cursed... heh heh~
Weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-22, 19:40   Link #7697
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather View Post
Another Volume 12? As hilarious that was, once was enough.
I'd like to see Greyworth surprised like she was again.
She's a big softie!

Old 2015-02-23, 01:02   Link #7698
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Quote:
She's a big softie!
I think more greyworth and kamito scenario's should be added as well. We all know they actually care for each other deep down but how far does greyworth go exactly? love as like a child or something more? The world may never know.

As far as Luminaris i'd say we've got another leonora on our hands and another one going to become obsessed with kamito.

P.S lets not have another Restia killing incident, She's too adorable cmon
Old 2015-02-23, 05:01   Link #7699
Vaans
NEET

Quote:
She's a big softie!
Was it the part when he had amnesia, then he called her a beauty and she was speechless?

Because that was golden.

I have to read that part again.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-23, 06:00   Link #7700
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaans View Post
Was it the part when he had amnesia, then he called her a beauty and she was speechless?

Because that was golden.

I have to read that part again.
Yeah, that's the part. I loved it myself.
Our little Headmistress was stunned. Turns out she's not so unflappable after all.

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap