AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-09, 21:29   Link #7701
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's one theory, though nothing was ever remotely hinted, and Index's past was never touched after volume 1.

Aleister dosn't even seem barely interested, concern, curious, or anything really about Index. He talks high and low about Imagine Breaker, but you could be fooled that he ever knew Index at all.
Yeah afterall her daughter "died" and even if she was alive Aleister isn't a person who cares about the relationships with people.

One shouldn't be suprised if one of Laura's trumpcard against Aleister happens to be Index.
Old 2011-02-09, 22:05   Link #7702
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually...If we go all the way back to the beginning, Necessarius made deal with Academy City to allow Index to stay in the city, as long as Touma is her Guardian right? But isn't this kinda odd, which side wanted to keep her there? And why would they?
Old 2011-02-09, 22:45   Link #7703
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Actually...If we go all the way back to the beginning, Necessarius made deal with Academy City to allow Index to stay in the city, as long as Touma is her Guardian right? But isn't this kinda odd, which side wanted to keep her there? And why would they?
And why with Touma? You know, there is plenty of institution where she can attend like Nagatengouki where she can go without developing powers but using his talent of eidethic memory.
Old 2011-02-09, 22:55   Link #7704
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If we're going down the "Index is Aleister's daughter...Er, or grand-daughter... No scratch that- Homoculus replica of his daughter." Conspiracy theory, I can see it go down like this.

Aleister places Index under Touma's protection, at the same time keeping her in the city to protect her from other Magicians trying to get to her- Not many people has the guts to invade an enemy of magic.

Aleister acting all stone cold has it's purposes- As long as he doesn't care about anyone, his enemies can't find any weakness and use any levage on him, which allows him to keep those things/people safe.

Unlike say Accelerator, who everybody knows his weakness... >.>
Old 2011-02-09, 22:56   Link #7705
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiemma View Post
ı read To Aru wiki

''Aleister had a wife and a daughter, though he sacrificed his wife in a magical experiment. It is unknown what happened to his daughter, though it was stated Aleister had once also sacrificed children no older than his daughter for another magical experiment.''

Spoiler for Aleister:

Aleister daughter absolutely index. Memory loss index,We do not know anything about her history, Green eyes and silver hair:3

New novel will be released when?
i do think to that index its aleisteirs daugther, migth explain why index dont have mana, he migth have experimented on her about esper powers, the deal its her age, since he founded AC and AC its supposed to have some decades, but well if aleisteir its supposed to be going benjamin buttons , maybe index too...
Old 2011-02-10, 00:17   Link #7706
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
wow aleister looks like a girls there. though thats his role.
... I was about to dismiss that thought until I noticed the chest...

Damn it.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-02-10, 03:25   Link #7707
EvilSamurai

SS1 chapter 4 done
parts 9-11
Old 2011-02-10, 05:00   Link #7708
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

can the freshman be past Level 5s since AC is a few decades old and some level 5s should have graduate
Old 2011-02-10, 06:23   Link #7709
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by IppoTsuko View Post
can the freshman be past Level 5s since AC is a few decades old and some level 5s should have graduate
Academy City might be a few decades old, but there's nothing concrete stating how long has the Esper program been going on. For all we know They might only have recently attain Level 5s.
Old 2011-02-10, 07:03   Link #7710
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
What's interesting as well is that Cosmic Eagle did not translate 新入生 as "freshman".

It still baffles me as to who is the "freshman" is. Don't tell me that it is Touma because it's the most probable answer to this question; I was expecting it to be someone working for Aleister Crowley, an original member of the Golden Dawn, or even someone from A Certain High School (Tsuchimikado or Aogami perhaps?).
He could be a student as in a first year from an official academy or simply a new character thus I didn't say freshman to avoid wrong impressions. Since if you take the kanji seperately they could just as well mean "new person".

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-02-10 at 07:15.
Old 2011-02-10, 07:09   Link #7711
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Aha! I got it. Have Illuminati, Freemason, and Rosenkreuzer as the three factions of the secret societies. With the Christians down, now they rise!
Or better yet, Himmler's Ahnenerbe and the Thule Society. Nazis coming to fill the vacuum
Old 2011-02-10, 07:51   Link #7712
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSamurai View Post
SS1 chapter 4 done
parts 9-11
Nothing like a good old fashion brawl right Kamijou-san ?

The issue with Skill-Out, Touma completely nailed it, his thoughts were pretty close to what I think about Skill-Out myself.

So, does this means Misaka-Mama completely approves of Touma ?
Old 2011-02-10, 09:39   Link #7713
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Nothing like a good old fashion brawl right Kamijou-san ?

The issue with Skill-Out, Touma completely nailed it, his thoughts were pretty close to what I think about Skill-Out myself.

So, does this means Misaka-Mama completely approves of Touma ?
If Mikoto was there, can only imagine the her dere dere reactions

Possible reaction

Mikoto " Eh does it mean that Mom is okay with me to marry Touma-kun??" Blushes madly " Mrs Kamijou, Mikoto ...." dere dere over load and fainted
Old 2011-02-10, 10:32   Link #7714
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
i do think to that index its aleisteirs daugther, migth explain why index dont have mana
Index has but the control over her seals her magic.

Quote:
Academy City might be a few decades old, but there's nothing concrete stating how long has the Esper program been going on. For all we know They might only have recently attain Level 5s.
Well, Ellis was esper and died about 20 years before the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Or better yet, Himmler's Ahnenerbe and the Thule Society. Nazis coming to fill the vacuum
Why everyone doesn't tries with devil sects of those Satan's worshipers. You know, the christianism has been weakened a lot, and how is the time for them to arise from the darkness.
The story has touched a lot from the bible and it would be weird if the author never tries with the demons.
Old 2011-02-10, 10:43   Link #7715
EvilSamurai

Wicca? Muslim?(not saying its wicked), how about Hinduism. we will probably never see those though.
Old 2011-02-10, 10:45   Link #7716
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSamurai View Post
Wicca? Muslim?(not saying its wicked), how about Hinduism. we will probably never see those though.
Well, Hinduism was mentioned in one of the Index's archives.
Old 2011-02-10, 11:22   Link #7717
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

muslim is something im pretty sure no author want to even reference about.
Old 2011-02-10, 11:38   Link #7718
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
“This is the difference between you and me! You can do something about that boring illusion of yours on your own!!”

Hey, he did it later by himself!

"How to make main characters via preaching" by Kamijou Touma.

Misuzu mentioned Accelerator :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
muslim is something im pretty sure no author want to even reference about.
Biagio mentioned them at least.
Old 2011-02-10, 16:12   Link #7719
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Well, Ellis was esper and died about 20 years before the story.
Source? How old is Sherry anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Why everyone doesn't tries with devil sects of those Satan's worshipers. You know, the christianism has been weakened a lot, and how is the time for them to arise from the darkness.
The story has touched a lot from the bible and it would be weird if the author never tries with the demons.
Because how many good guys can you write about nutcases that worship evil?
Old 2011-02-10, 16:42   Link #7720
TouMAN

good guys that worship evil ?
I think that would be awesome..

Goodwill Shall Be Trusted For Now
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen