I am not a stalker!!!
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-22, 10:03   Link #7702
EvilSociopath323

Did... did Dustin (or rather his previous life) just tell off Gyurie? wwwwwwwww
EvilSociopath323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-22, 12:27   Link #7703
kari-no-sugata II

Finally read the chapter. I don't think that was Dustin unless his personality has changed a lot.

Stalker-kun got pawned!

btw, I probably won't be able to translate this chapter today, so don't wait up...
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-22, 15:06   Link #7704
Peridot Crystal Clod
YOU CLOOOODS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
To be honest, I don't think there is a canonical answer to this but yeah Potimas is unlikely to be Oka-chan's biological father. I would say it's likely that Shiro and Oka-chan have a common ancestor in Potimas but at the moment we don't even know if that is actually the case. The Past Arc might confirm if all elves are biologically related to Potimas though.
I really hope we get answers to that question,because if is true I'm going to laugh a lot xD
Peridot Crystal Clod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-22, 17:59   Link #7705
Amuris

a bit late but, a question. Given what D said about angels, it sounds like the whole experience system is pretty similar to how angels naturally function. So, maybe that wasn't something D came up with on her own, but a natural trait of Sariel's being distributed to everything hooked up to her network. If so, would a system under Kuro even function? Not due to a difference in power, but a difference in traits. Would the organisms inherit some other trait from Kuro and would that be something that would let the system carry out it's primary function? It seems like the system might HAVE to have a god who can naturally absorb energy from their opponents as it's core to function.
Old 2017-05-23, 05:23   Link #7706
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuris View Post
a bit late but, a question. Given what D said about angels, it sounds like the whole experience system is pretty similar to how angels naturally function. So, maybe that wasn't something D came up with on her own, but a natural trait of Sariel's being distributed to everything hooked up to her network. If so, would a system under Kuro even function? Not due to a difference in power, but a difference in traits. Would the organisms inherit some other trait from Kuro and would that be something that would let the system carry out it's primary function? It seems like the system might HAVE to have a god who can naturally absorb energy from their opponents as it's core to function.
It would be curious to see if there is a technical explanation for how angels power-up as they kill gods. It seems something specific to angels as individuals but D also mentions that it happens to a much smaller degree to the living creatures on the world. So I guess when a large soul "dies" the power (or whatever you want to call it, maybe MA Energy?) gets distributed into the local area? The theory that the angels were created by the worlds themselves is related to that. So it's more like something the world provides, perhaps, instead of being a natural ability of angels...?

Anyway, I think if you consider everything that the System is doing, very very little seems specific at all to angels. So given all that, I don't think the System would need an angel at it's core.

I certainly think that the design and abilities of the System was influenced by various things that D had encountered before though, which would naturally include angels.
Old 2017-05-23, 06:54   Link #7707
kari-no-sugata II

I wonder if Ariel knows that Sariel is technically an angel? I don't remember anything hinting that she does. If she does know does she know the difference between a typical angel and a typical god? Again, I don't remember anything hinting that she does. Sariel doesn't seem like the type to explain herself much and Kuro doesn't seem that likely to talk to others about this.

Could also say the same for Shiro. I don't think she would think about Sariel the way she does if she knew Sariel was rather "robotic", so i'm guessing she doesn't know.
Old 2017-05-23, 07:00   Link #7708
EvilSociopath323

Quote:
I wonder if Ariel knows that Sariel is technically an angel? I don't remember anything hinting that she does. If she does know does she know the difference between a typical angel and a typical god? Again, I don't remember anything hinting that she does. Sariel doesn't seem like the type to explain herself much and Kuro doesn't seem that likely to talk to others about this.

Could also say the same for Shiro. I don't think she would think about Sariel the way she does if she knew Sariel was rather "robotic", so i'm guessing she doesn't know.
They all kinda never were specific when talking about Sariel so we don't know how much they know. I bet that Ariel knows that Sariel is an angel though. They were pretty close in the past and even fought together (I assume). More importantly I too am wondering how much Shiro knows...

On a different note, I find it hypocritical for the god of pride D to criticize the dragons for being proud assholes.
Old 2017-05-23, 18:37   Link #7709
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSociopath323 View Post
They all kinda never were specific when talking about Sariel so we don't know how much they know. I bet that Ariel knows that Sariel is an angel though. They were pretty close in the past and even fought together (I assume). More importantly I too am wondering how much Shiro knows...
I was originally going to say that Ariel doesn't seem the type to talk about such things... But based on the latest chapter and some other hints, maybe she has. Maybe people asked her and she saw no reason to hide it. I dunno if anyone around her has a real idea of the difference between dragons and angels though.

It's possible that Gyurie has talked to Ariel about this but I'm not sure if he would since it would be a touchy subject for him.

Shiro hasn't shown much interest in Sariel herself. She probably made some assumptions about Sariel unless Ariel has corrected her. I don't get the sense that Shiro treats Sariel as an angel with a programmed mission. She might know but she's not acting like it.

Quote:
On a different note, I find it hypocritical for the god of pride D to criticize the dragons for being proud assholes.
Well, they're not just proud but exceedingly racist etc.

D went to school of her own violation and never lorded it over the inferior humans.

PS Translation for "Past Arc 7" is up.
Old 2017-05-24, 09:16   Link #7710
Breimn

Dragons = Neets
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-24, 11:28   Link #7711
EvilSociopath323

Never forget though.
All dragons may be neets. But not all neets are dragons.
Old 2017-05-24, 14:18   Link #7712
kari-no-sugata II

The slow life of NEET dragons. I guess when they die they reincarnate into the type of people you see as protagonists in those trashy isekai WNs

Random thought: although Sariel calls helping people her "mission" I wonder if she actually thinks of it as a mission given to her as an angel... or a mission she gave to herself (if you see what I mean). Maybe because helping people is not officially part of her real mission she is effectively doing in her "free time" and therefore doesn't use her angelic powers. ie she's doing it because she wants to rather than because she was ordered to. It's not clear just how much she is doing that consciously vs unconsciously.
Old 2017-05-24, 18:03   Link #7713
kari-no-sugata II

Translation for "Past Arc 8" is up.

The background info on dragons is interesting. Yeah, they're NEETs

While D isn't exactly a hive of activity normally, she does seem far more active than dragons. She certainly has no worries about intermingling with humans either. Shiro is a hard one to describe since she definitely can be lazy but if she does have something to do she'll do it seriously.

I wonder if Gyurie looks at Shiro and thinks things like "damn, I knew humans were dangerous..." etc
Old 2017-05-24, 19:29   Link #7714
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

I wonder if Gyurie looks at Shiro and thinks things like "damn, I knew humans were dangerous..." etc
probably not, since Shiro was never human.
Old 2017-05-24, 20:37   Link #7715
roffle

She was worse than human when she started, although she did have a fragment of D's power.
roffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-25, 00:06   Link #7716
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
probably not, since Shiro was never human.
He doesn't know that. All he knows is that she was a reincarnator from Earth, and knows that the other reincarnators were human in their past lives.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-25, 00:28   Link #7717
Gimmesum

Quote:
While D isn't exactly a hive of activity normally, she does seem far more active than dragons. She certainly has no worries about intermingling with humans either. Shiro is a hard one to describe since she definitely can be lazy but if she does have something to do she'll do it seriously.
D way mingle with humans might just be a hobby of her, she still a NEET. After reading this chapter it makes me think that most gods are NEET
Gimmesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-25, 05:05   Link #7718
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
He doesn't know that. All he knows is that she was a reincarnator from Earth, and knows that the other reincarnators were human in their past lives.
Yep, that's what I was referring to - as far as Kuro knows, Shiro is a reincarnated human. Of course, he might well have various suspicions about her. Either way, she's a good example of the danger posed by someone who puts in a lot of effort (even if she appears lazy), unlike the lazy dragons.

Which is why I would like to see Kuro's inner thoughts on Shiro and how dangerous he feels that she is. He probably has no idea of what she is truly capable of - Shiro feels that her only special attack as a god is the one she already revealed in the elf village, but Kuro doesn't know that that is apparently all she has. So I wouldn't be surprised if Kuro is nervous about what else she might have developed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmesum View Post
D way mingle with humans might just be a hobby of her, she still a NEET. After reading this chapter it makes me think that most gods are NEET
When D was at school she naturally wasn't a NEET, and since got dragged off by Meido-san all those chapters ago she's been working. So probably the only time you could accurately describe her being a NEET is the 6 month gap (on Earth) between the students dying in chapter 1 and Meido-san dragging her off.

I'm not saying she's energetic or something, and she clearly would prefer to avoid work. I guess you could say that she goes through NEET phases

I generally agree many gods would be NEET-ish (ie lazy and idle). I guess the most common exceptions are the gods who like to fight and go around challenging other gods. So it's probably better for the universe if they are idle
Old 2017-05-25, 05:11   Link #7719
Tcol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmesum View Post
Lol, now that has changed my thought about gods from all the novels i've read
Tcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-25, 05:32   Link #7720
EvilSociopath323

Wait. What about Aqua? She's an adventurer right now. Wait... does that mean that Aqua's actually better than most gods? let's stop thinking...

Tags
fantasy, non-human mc, reincarnation