Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-27, 15:02   Link #761
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
Because she lost power of "The Snake Necklace"
The Snake Necklace - Making Lolis grow up and go down since 500BC.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 15:31   Link #762
Awrya
U mad?

Loli Athena was nice, adult Athena was even better.
The best animation in this episode was the [White Stallion], which lasted for two seconds? Seriously, in the 10+ seconds Godou chanted, Athena could have easily killed him several times, why do villains keep the fight 'fair'

One more thing, the most disappointing thing about campione is the ending, the animation and music just doesn't fit well for me
Old 2012-07-27, 15:32   Link #763
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Loli Athena was nice, adult Athena was even better.
The best animation in this episode was the [White Stallion], which lasted for two seconds? Seriously, in the 10+ seconds Godou chanted, Athena could have easily killed him several times, why do villains keep the fight 'fair'

One more thing, the most disappointing thing about campione is the ending, the animation and music just doesn't fit well for me
Gods are conceited and look down upon everyone, Campiones especially even though they know they can kill them. The White Stallion's flames are suppose to be white though.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-07-27 at 15:47.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 15:57   Link #764
HandofFate

Athena will probably show up randomly and save Godou in the future to repay the favor of sparing her.

I saw Athena's powers, but still not sure what her actual authority powers would be.
Regardless, I would still slice that loli head off and collect more powers.
Old 2012-07-27, 16:16   Link #765
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Come on now, you will still slice off that little girl's head off if she gave you the puppy eyes.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 16:27   Link #766
Kadi
知識の探求者

If only the series were a bit more tragic... I want the opposite:
The girls bite the dust and Godou falls into despair and shares a star-crossed love with Athena... ever so beloved, ever so distant, ever so painful... Ever so bittersweet!
Old 2012-07-27, 17:18   Link #767
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Athena will probably show up randomly and save Godou in the future to repay the favor of sparing her.

I saw Athena's powers, but still not sure what her actual authority powers would be.
Regardless, I would still slice that loli head off and collect more powers.
I thought the anime made it quite obvious, controlling owls and darkness, references to the night and underworld, then summoning snakes?
She had quite a deep and diverse history, hence she has control over those elements.

Why kill a loli if she might join your harem
Old 2012-07-27, 17:30   Link #768
Marik

I was wondering the same thing lol
I like this anime
Marik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 17:42   Link #769
bludvein

Glad to see the chants making their way into the anime. I feel that the show is getting better, even if its not at the level I expected before the season aired.

My only real complaint this episode is the animation during the part Erica and Godou were running to where Athena was. It looked really awkward.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 18:05   Link #770
Pong

I like this anime, the setting is interesting and Godou is good MC.

"I'm saying I'll let her be #2."

Erica for the girlfriend of a year. Godou has it way to good with her
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 18:54   Link #771
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't think it's Erica. I think Godou is actually THAT pimp, he just doesn't realise it.

Guy with the big sword gets all the ladies. It's not fair.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 19:40   Link #772
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

As was revealed in this episode, Athena is not just Athena.

Her true form is the Great Goddess of Mother Earth. For those of you familiar with it Aleister Crowley wrote about this when he described the [Aeon of Isis], where the female aspect of the Godhead was revered due to a mostly matriarchal society and the idea that "Mother Earth" nourished, clothed and housed man. It was characterized by pagan worship of the Mother and Nature. What happened to her was that she was overthrown and her various powers and forms have been stripped and scattered into the different myths of goddess and female monsters. Her original form was a Winged Serpent, which you might recall seeing in Aztec Mythology- That's why she has control over both Owl and Snake, each representing Athena and Medusa. Of course, the story goes further in saying that the Wing Serpent represented the Evil Dragon, which in many stories the Hero slays- adding further insult to injury.

Interestingly, though I doubt it was intentional, this sounds alot like the coming of the second Aeon, the [Aeon of Osiris] where mankind switch to worshiping a Father God- In this particular case, Zeus.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 20:32   Link #773
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
If only the series were a bit more tragic... I want the opposite:
The girls bite the dust and Godou falls into despair and shares a star-crossed love with Athena... ever so beloved, ever so distant, ever so painful... Ever so bittersweet!
I actually really hoped for that. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Uhhh
Jesus and God are essentially the same person though.
From what my teacher taught me, they are. Basically, Jesus was actually God all along but wasn't conscious that he was and thought that he was simply His son. And after his death he became aware.

If this is translated into Campione, there's a good possibility that Jesus is actually Brahma since the latter had the power of having avatars on Earth just like God was able to have a human form.
Old 2012-07-27, 20:51   Link #774
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Athena from loli to adult wearing a toga not bad ether way
Old 2012-07-27, 21:05   Link #775
novalysis

Well, it seems Goudo's strategy is always team action, not solo play. Spare Athena, and you get another Authority operating autonomously, but for you. Did he kept the Medallion? That's also another leverage.

I wonder too: is Goudo somehow protected in the Middle of those "words of power"? Or was he blocking Athena's attacks while making his speech, and the anime budget couldn't show that?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 22:07   Link #776
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I'm glad that the spell words that Godou used for his golden sword is still shown in the anime. At least they make the golden space thing so awesome that I don't even mind they cut up may Athenas history

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 22:10   Link #777
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I'm glad that the spell words that Godou used for his golden sword is still shown in the anime. At least they make the golden space thing so awesome that I don't even mind they cut up may Athenas history
Lol, the full Athena history actually takes up most of the fight It would definitely test the patience of people that are not interested in the expositions which I'm guessing is quite alot
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 22:17   Link #778
Kadi
知識の探求者

I want to see Athena's history (Campione-style), but I want it handled properly. I think originally Godou and Athena were in melee combat while he summoned and used the swords. Properly handled, some exposition can still be awesome. But if it's too much, the wrong kind and handled without love or skill, this is what you get.

(And I still wonder how that ten second montage of tentative "running" passed quality assurance... that was just... just... *lost for words*)
Old 2012-07-27, 22:20   Link #779
Spica

Was there an actual space creating in the LN.
NVM that this episodes is good, the series is improving much better than the past ones.

There isn't really much to complain in this one,in fact i like it, hopefully they will keep up the pace.
So i guess lily is acting on Voban's order, and i think they might be going deep into that prophecy, might there be an original story?
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 22:26   Link #780
kujoe
from head to heel

The fight in this episode could've lasted for two episodes, which I think is still just right given the status and background of Athena. Still, I guess this single episode works too, but just when I was appreciating the whole event, it just suddenly ends.

On another note, I do like the fact there seems to be some well researched material that drives the story. Exposing the genealogy and history of myths in order to slay gods is a pretty cool concept, though probably not that new. And even while a few liberties may have been taken here and there for the sake of creativity, the final product still comes across as rich in detail with some sense of scale. With the extensive background lore that was featured in this episode, I feel that this series could've been more epic had the anime been given a more serious treatment (or a bigger budget).

And maybe it's just my mind in the gutter here, but I found it amusing how Erica's method of 'imparting' knowledge made Godou's Golden Sword stronger. I mean, really now...
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen